Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

EPL season 2023/24 discussion thread
_Pelle_ 9 months ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

I thought maybe we can create a thread where we discuss anything related to the season.

Comments
Emobot7 9 months ago
538 11432

Good on you Pelle! Was thinking of making such a thread myself but I've been a bit busy so I'm thankful for that.

First week of the season and already a couple of interesting stuff, Tottenham, Chelsea and Liverpool already lagging behind. Arsenal and United got their 3 point but not from particulary convincing performance while Newcastle and City began the season in similar form to the previous one.

Brighton also had another massive win against newly promoted Luton.

Talking about newly promoted side, it was a hard first week for them as they all got defeated, will be interesting to see how they react.

As for personal player comment, I was impress to see Tonali scoring his first goal for Newcastle in the sixth minute of his first official game for Newcastle, hopefully, this mean he live up to the expectation.

I know its early and all but I gotta say, there already some quite interesting results and I'm quite curious to see you guys take on all of it!

_Pelle_ 9 months ago

Watched only Chelsea-Liverpool this weekend. Didn’t even watch PSG.

Few questions I find interesting for this season:
Will Newcastle be a hit?
Will Chelseas spending pay off?
Will Arsenal be able to contend again or even win it all?
Will Man United take the next step?
Where does Liverpool stand?
Will Tottenham fall and if so how badly?
Can anyone beat Man City to the title?
Which team will overachieve and which will underachieve?

Emobot7 9 months ago
538 11432

Will Newcastle be a hit?
Will Chelseas spending pay off?
Will Arsenal be able to contend again or even win it all?
Will Man United take the next step?
Where does Liverpool stand?
Will Tottenham fall and if so how badly?
Can anyone beat Man City to the title?
Which team will overachieve and which will underachieve?

Some prediction to answer your questions:

• Yes, I think Newcastle will do well this season, should still aim for European place at least.
  • Yes, I think Chelsea spending will pay off under the guidance of Poch, they should do far better than last season at least.
  • Maybe Arsenal will do as good this season but I sadly doubt it.
  • Yes, I think United will make the next step this season.
  • Liverpool stand in a bad place if they fail to find alternative to Caicedo and Lavia to rebuild their midfield.
  • Tottenham should not be expected much since they lost Kane, doesn't have a replacement lined up and still have mostly the same squad than last season. Richarlison and Maddison will be the player that need to perform to make have a good season. Priority should be European place.
  • City just lost De Bruyne for a while, this might be enough to give some change for other team to beat them or get a lead on them but at the end of the day, I think they will win the title.
  • Really can't specifically make an huge prediction about that one but I do expect a lot of last year underperformer to be better this year, especially Chelsea and Liverpool. Think United will be do better as well now they got Onana.
_Pelle_ 8 months ago

Chelsea first team to already dissapoint

Emobot7 8 months ago
538 11432

Yikes, Caicedo disaster class on his first appearance... tbf, it was way too early to make him play. Still feel like Boehly got too much control over the team while not understanding much of anything about football.

Also, talking about disaster class, Lisandro Martinez against Spurs had a bad day. Assist and a goal but for the wrong team.

_Pelle_ 8 months ago

Chelsea-Nottingham 0-1

They are a disaster so far

Emobot7 8 months ago
538 11432

@Pelle For sure, considering all the cash they put into getting that team together, they are a dissapointment. I guess the problem with Boehly is that he doesn't realise that it doesn't only take good talented athletes to win games. They need to be smart, to glue together well and they need leaders with experience that can motivate them.

Footy_watch 8 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1860

@Emobot7 funny how most of the recent predictions you made have been wrong.

-Man City are favourites as usual but this time they are ahead of Arsenal. Losing De Bruyne is not much of a loss because we have a strong squad and de bruyne is not as good as people think.
-Liverpool are the first title contenders against city and it looks like they've fixed the issues they had last season making it look like they had a little blip in their prime seasons.
-Arsenal may be title contenders until a similar stage as last season, but if they are to do better Arteta must stop being stubborn in the wrong ways like he's always been.
-Man Utd are a mess but they may stabilise after they start playing Hojlund and Amrabat. I dont think they will be able progress though.
-Newcastle have started poorly.
-Chelsea are heading towards a real relegation battle this time and they dont have a top manager to get them enough points. I never thought Pochettino was the right man. He only won trophies with PSG because the team was too strong. He even failed to win Ligue 1 in one of his seasons, proving that he's not a top manager.
-Spurs are already gauranteed another season without a trophy after being knocked out of the carabao cup, their only hope. Although they have started well they are spurs and won't do anything in the league, maybe 5th which will most likely be a UCL spot.

_Pelle_ 8 months ago Edited

Yeah it seems like Man City is going to win it again. Arsenal will be contenders, but I don’t think they’ll win it all mainly because they are more dependent on keeping their players healthy and avoid injuries than City.
Man Utd at this point just feels like having another Man Utd season, fighting for a top 4 position but will not be in the title race.
Liverpool is a hard one. A lot depends on whether Salah stays or not. I hope he does, otherwise they might become a selling club. But they will make it to top 4 I think.
Chelsea looks bad so far… really bad. Feels like they’re already out of the title race. The main problem I think is their lack of consistency. Like Footy said their manager hasnt really won anything in England, and they also change for example managers too often. They behave like Man Utd was some 5 years ago.
Spurs wont win anything, that’s the most accurate thing to say.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Yeah it seems like Man City is going to win it again. Arsenal will be contenders, but I don’t think they’ll win it all mainly because they are more dependent on keeping their players healthy and avoid injuries than City.
Man Utd at this point just feels like having another Man Utd season, fighting for a top 4 position but will not be in the title race.
Liverpool is a hard one. A lot depends on whether Salah stays or not. I hope he does, otherwise they might become a selling club. But they will make it to top 4 I think.
Chelsea looks bad so far… really bad. Feels like they’re already out of the title race. The main problem I thinknis their lack of consistency. Like Footy said they change for example managers too often. They behave Man Utd was like 5 years ago.

Chelsea looks bad so far… really bad. Feels like they’re already out of the title race. The main problem I think is their lack of consistency. Like Footy said they change for example managers too often. They behave like Man Utd was some 5 years ago.

_Pelle_ 8 months ago

Oh yeah… and Newcastle have underachieved imo

_Pelle_ 7 months ago

Most disappointing team so far

Lord_Bendtner 7 months ago
Denmark 1 296

Chelsea because they make stupid transfers and because they are Chelsea

Emobot7 7 months ago
538 11432

@Pelle I'd say Chelsea because United lost 3 game yes but against very good team that can all pretend to the top six this season. Chelsea have lost already far too many point against team they should be beating.

_Pelle_ 7 months ago Edited

@Emobot7
Yes agree. I also get the feeling that Chelsea are lost and looking for an identity.
The impression I get from watching Man Utd is that they at least have an idea of what they want to do. If it’s succesful or not is another question though lol

• History

@Emobot7
Yes agree. I also get the feeling that Chelsea are lost and looking for an identity.
The impression I get from watching though Man Utd is that they at least have an idea of what they want to do. If it’s succesful or not is another question lol

Footy_watch 7 months ago Edited
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1860

I'm really counting on Chelsea to get relegated. I dont think they will get any points against Fulham and Burnley in their next 2 games. They would be on 5pts in 8 games, which is great for their relegation goals. It would be a dream come true for them to get relegated.

• History

I'm really counting on Chelsea to get relegated. They will get thrashed in their next game so that will be 5pts from 7 games. If they maintain this trajectory they will get relegated, that would be a dream come true.

Emobot7 7 months ago
538 11432

@Footy_watch Man, so many people are taking pleasure from watching the misfortune of Chelsea right now, I don't if its funny or just sad anymore. Honestly, the biggest problem with their project imho is that they are trying to copy Arsenal recent plans of signing young players with City ressource and none of either vision as to what to do with those young players. They are basically throwing money at the problem.

DarthFooty 7 months ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

I picked Man Utd as the most disappointing as I expected more from them than I did from Chelsea. I am seeing more of the inner issues Ten has been "working" through, but his team should have been more solid on the field.

Despite my supporting Man Utd in the EPL, I am a huge fan of seeing more teams challenge for titles. It only gives you better matches throughout the season and really livens up things come the end.

_Pelle_ 7 months ago Edited

Manchester United losing at home against Crystal Palace…

Even if I think Chelsea is a bigger disappointment so far Man Utd are doing their best to prove me wrong 😂

btw Tottenham has been much better than I thought, especially now without Kane. Really impressive.

• History

Manchester Uniteed losing at home against Crystal Palace. Even if I think Chelsea is a bigger disappointment so far Man Utd are doung their best to prove me wrong 😂

btw Tottenham has been much better than I thought, especially now without Kane. Really impressive.

Manchester Uniteed losing at home against Crystal Palace. Even if I think Chelsea is a bigger disappointment so far Man Utd are doing their best to prove me wrong 😂

_Pelle_ 7 months ago

btw what are the updates on Salah leaving Liverpool?

Footy_watch 7 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1860

The spurs Liverpool game was one of the most corrupt games that has happened in the premier league. Every major decision was wrongly made against Liverpool. They wouldve won the game but the referees didn't want that to happen no matter what.