Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

EPL season 2023/24 discussion thread
_Pelle_ 9 months ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6891

I thought maybe we can create a thread where we discuss anything related to the season.

Comments
DarthFooty 2 months ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 37 1103

I wouldn't say that Arsenal deserve to win it, but they definitely deserve to be in the race. This is going to be a close one, especially with all the injuries and teams still fighting in other cups......

Footy_watch 2 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 24 1865

Right now we deserve to win it. We have the best attack, defence and the most clean sheets.

The only thing which may stop our momentum is the stupid international break which is happening before the crucial City game.

DarthFooty 2 months ago

This weekend's results really set a fun stage for the rest of the season. The Arsenal vs City match will be a huge one, but the Gunners do have a tougher finishing schedule than City.

Let's not leave out Liverpool, which that last match day might be the decider.

Footy_watch 2 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 24 1865

I'm so angry at the international break coming at the most important stage of the season. It stops our momentum.

ZoilaKohler 2 months ago
CD Chivas USA, USA 0 4

Me too.

_Pelle_ 2 months ago

@Footy_watch

And it stops MY momentum… I need the weekly dose of football now that the title race is this close. lol

Emobot7 2 months ago
538 11435

For sure, the title race is propably one of the most intersesting we seen in a long time. I mean not 1 but actually 2 team keeping up with City? That unheard of in recent seasons.

Pretty interesting to see if Aston Villa manage to hold on to a CL spot or even an European spot as well.

As for the relegation fight, its too bad that both Burnley and Sheffield already look like they are gone but the fight between Luton, Forest, Everton and even Brentford should be interesting to see. Think Luton might surprise us yet.

DarthFooty 2 months ago

Alazar: They can look so good sometimes, then look like they should be in the 3rd division. haha Everyone sees the potential and something has to click, eventually..... right??? haha

Emobot7 2 months ago
538 11435

@DarthFooty They obviously got enoug talents in plenty of area, the problem is that they brought so many new players that its hard to see what isn't going on right, like when you slowly update a squad with young player, you can generally know which one have trouble adapting and being effective because you can compare them with player that gave you satisfaction in the past. The problem is that they nearly don't have players from before Boehly anymore so its really hard to compare.

There also the fact that there a lack of a global project, I mean, with that many players, you could change the starting XI every single game. Consistency is extremely important in football and not every manager are made for instant success, Poch is not one of them I think, this much must have been obvious when they brought him from PSG.

DarthFooty 2 months ago

The bad part about today's big clubs is the lack of time given to the coaching staff and players. A good club takes time to work out and players take time to not only get used to the system deployed by the HC but also the position they might be plugged into. Then factor the level and dynamics of the league.

All these teams have talent, but how long are they given to stabilize and adapt?

I swore I was a striker in my hay-day. I had a strong, accurate shot, I had lots of pace, good control of the ball, yet the better teams I was on used me in spots I didnt like or I felt fit me best.

Turns out, I was not the best in super tight spaces. I could not capitalize on true pace because that space was condensed, I was never an aerial threat due to height, and my passing skills were negated, again due to the very tight spaces. I never thought about that until later on, but once it clicked, it changed everything. I suffered for no good reason other than my pride and stubbornness.

If I listened and was given time, I would have done better, but those teams were so fast and the learning curve so steep, you either get it, or you dont.

Chelsea has to "suffer" with their bigger signings because of cost. Other teams ran up the market because they knew Chelsea was desperate and would splash the cash.

Sir Alex was not an overnight success but he was given time, and look at where United ended up!

My point is, and I think most of us will agree, that owners need more patience with the staff and players. The players need to also adapt and listen, and the staff need to be smart with technical/tactical strategies.

Emobot7 2 months ago
538 11435

@Darth Very true that. But I think it is especially hard for us more regular fans to get that, especially when all the pundits (former pro most of them as well) seem to only care about recent results when making analysis.

Sadly, there are a lot of footballers who could have gone to have better career if only they would have been given more time or even had the luck of playing in a team that let them play in their best position from the get-go.

_Pelle_ 1 month ago

Never looked forward to a game like Arsenal-Man City tomorrow this season.

Footy_watch 1 month ago
Arsenal, Brazil 24 1865

Never looked forward to a game like Arsenal-Man City tomorrow this season.

Same but Arteta had other ideas. He got sick of getting battered by city so he made us play for a draw. At least we didn't concede and took 4 points out of 6 from City this season.

We have the best defence and that's what wins titles. I expect us to win the league as long as we keep our defence fit.

_Pelle_ 1 month ago

Yeah boring 0-0

Footy_watch 1 month ago
Arsenal, Brazil 24 1865

Yeah boring 0-0

If I was a neutral it would've been boring but as an Arsenal fan it was a fun game as it was a defensive masterclass

_Pelle_ 1 month ago

Did you guys watch Chelsea - Man Utd 4-3

Many Utd hearts broken 😬

Emobot7 1 month ago
538 11435

@Footy 4 point out of 6 possible against City in a season sound pretty imho. Well done for Arsenal.

@Pelle I did watch that Chelsea - Man Utd game, it was crazy haha. Exactly the kind of game I love as neutral. While both team were pretty weak defensively, I was pretty impressed with some players. Felt Anthony had a good game despite the pen he gave away for example. Garnacho and Palmer were ice cold in front of goals , those two are gonna have a great career, I truly hope so at least.

Algerino 1 month ago
Napoli, Algeria 6 845

Watch Man united spoil the title race for Liverpool lol

Footy_watch 1 month ago
Arsenal, Brazil 24 1865

Watch Man united spoil the title race for Liverpool lol

Hopefully man utd don't lose. A draw would be enough for us. The current Liverpool team are not champion material

_Pelle_ 1 month ago

Well a draw it was.

@Emobot7:
I think Palmer was good that game. But that’s just my opinion.