Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

EPL season 2023/24 discussion thread
_Pelle_ 9 months ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6891

I thought maybe we can create a thread where we discuss anything related to the season.

Comments
_Pelle_ 6 months ago

@Lodatz

one UEFA Cup Winners' Cup and one UEFA Intertoto Cup 💪💪😁

_Pelle_ 6 months ago

Where did that video com from? I did not post it

Footy_watch 6 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 24 1865

Now I know with 90% certainty that Arsenal won't win the league if we keep Arteta as manager. He loves to play the dead footballers jorginho, havertz and Eddie when they are all league 1 level or worse.

Going back to City as we will win the league again.

DarthFooty 6 months ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 37 1103

From a neutral view, I think Arsenal was undone with two plays. One, Newcastle should have seen a red card for the elbow to the head. No question, and it's sad that it was missed, given all the f'in technology the EPL has. Two, that goal should not have counted. The shove in the back was enough for me to rule that out.

Now, saying all that, I dont think Arsenal should have won the match either. They did not have enough chances to say they should have this or that, but the red card and the disallowed goal would have changed things. I know both teams are hurting with injuries, but it was a fun match to watch.

Algerino 6 months ago
Napoli, Algeria 6 845

Imagine Arsenal finishing 4th. It will be a ”order restored” moment on that 😆

Emobot7 6 months ago
538 11435

Where did that video com from? I did not post it

No idea, didn't see any video on this thread honestly.

@Footy_watch The problem isn't with Arteta, its with team debt, one of the reasons Arsenal didn't win the league last season was their lack of depth. Like who he is supposed to play instead of Havertz and Nketiah? I think the bigger mistake was to go for Kai instead of another striker.

@DarthFooty Haven't seen the game but it seem obvious the ref did something wrong once again seeing all the reaction about the game.

@Algerino To be fair, I think it would be possible, Tottenham, Liverpool are both much better this season than last one, we got team like Newcastle and Aston Villa which could slip in top 4 if they keep on doing well. And we shouldn't look down on Chelsea and Manchester United, despite being dissapointing at time, they are still getting results and staying in position where they catch up if they manage a good run for a while.

Now, about the Tottenham - Chelsea game, it was a treat for a neutral and I must say Tottenham have all my respect for fighting all game long to try and get some kind of results. Its obviously did not work out but what are you supposed to do when you take 2 reds (one of them being given to one of your best player) and get 2 injuries to 2 of you key players. And while part of me respect Ange for keeping the high line, the logical part of me think that was pure madness. And it was, theres a reason why they ended up losing 4-1. If anything, Chelsea should be dissapointed it took them so long to break through and take advantage of all that space, especially considering all the pace they got on the counter.

But to be honest, even if they didn't play so high up, their CBs pair was Dier and Emerson Royal and all of their defensive player propably were not exactly used to play in a backline with those players. So no, sadly, i don't think once you go down 2 man, there is much to be done.

Footy_watch 6 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 24 1865

I think the bigger mistake was to go for Kai instead of another striker.

That's on Arteta, he has full control over who he makes the club sign. Havertz is our worst player. We couldve signed 2 players instead but Arteta was happy with the squad depth. We need a striker, playmaker, winger, midfielder.

part of me respect Ange for keeping the high line, the logical part of me think that was pure madness

Chelsea can't break down teams who sit back and defend. Tottenham would've won the game even with 9 men if they didn't play a high line. Chelsea are so awful it's unbelievable. It was humiliation that it took them the whole game to finish a 9 men spurs.

_Pelle_ 6 months ago

Chelsea-Manchester City 4-4

Game of the season so far?

Footy_watch 6 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 24 1865

Chelsea last two games have been the most entertaining games of the season. They were the better team against City.

We arent playing well but we are still top of the league and we get stronger as the season progresses so it will be another City title win.

Emobot7 6 months ago
538 11435

Game of the season so far?

I mean, 8 goals, relatively free of controversies unlike other recent games by top team, a goal in stoppage time and good, free flowing football mostly. What exactly could a fan ask for more?

Obviously not the best result for either team but Chelsea certainly had one of their best game of the season.

Honestly, I'm still a bit unsure about this Chelsea team but honestly, if does feel like their ceilling is quite high. Feel like the player are especially motivated in big games.

Don't forget every good results they get is motivation and confidence they'll be able to use in the future. Sometime some club just need a couple of good game to get going for a long time.

quikzyyy 6 months ago
Arsenal 429 9002

i'd say Walker handball was pretty big controversy, but since Chelsea equalized there is less drama about it, but that game was amazing

Emobot7 6 months ago
538 11435

@quikzyyy I'd say it really depend on wether or not the contact is inside or outside the box. I seem to remember it was outside the box, also I think Mudryk is pushing Walker in the ball trajectory as well?

Lets say the decision does goes against Walker and its a freekick, that fact that this isn't called still feel nothing close to some of the ridiculous call we had this season.

Footy_watch 6 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 24 1865

i'd say Walker handball was pretty big controversy

Not even close. He was miles outside the box, it was ball to hand and it was within a close proximity to Ederson's clearance.

Algerino 6 months ago
Napoli, Algeria 6 845

Ofc it was handball. I don’t think it should have been a red card like some say. But definitely a handball. Free kick to Chelsea.

Emobot7 6 months ago Edited
538 11435

@Algerino But would you argue its really something that was very obviously controversial? Like for me, I feel like freekick or throw-in not being given correctly is something that happen so often in football, I don't really see it as controversial anymore.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Algerino But would you argue its really something that was very obviously controversial? Like for me, I feel like freekick or throw-in not being given correctly is something that happen so often in football, I don't really see it as a controversial anymore.

_Pelle_ 6 months ago

We new the Spurs would sooner or later slip🙄😁

Lord_Bendtner 6 months ago Edited
Denmark 1 296

Not bad by Garnacho

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Not bad by Garnacho

_Pelle_ 6 months ago

Wannabe Rooney 😲🤔

Emobot7 6 months ago
538 11435

Absolutely stunning goal by Garnacho, think he himself was shocked to have pulled that off in a game honestly. Good win by a doubting United, the confidence will do them a world of good even if its against 'relagation tier' Everton.

Tottenham, I think we are being harsh if we say their run of bad form is just more bottling on their part. Personally, I'll wait till they get Romero back before making a judgement. Honestly, the injuries and suspension really hurt them. The Chelsea game was a nigthmare and it feel like they still haven't woke up from that. Also, they propably should have gotten an early pen against Aston Villa after Diego Carlos smashed Gil face with his elbow.

Talking about Chelsea, its certainly the one interesting team right now. Beating Tottenham, drawing against City and now losing against Newcastle. They are definetly one of the most inconsistent top team right now. That fit with my theory that a lot of their younger players are hungrier as they play bigger profile games since those are the who are most watched and net them more fame for performing well. We already know that player like Mudryk are attracted by the fame and the attention of the cameras.

As for Arsenal, ironic to see them win thanks to Kai Havertz. Also, imho, the keeper situation is not sorted out as we seen Ramsdale nearly giving away an easy goal against Brentford.

City and Liverpool draw was really good for the rest of the teams at the top, will be intesresting to see how they both bounce back.

The PL is an absolute contest once again this year and I love it.

Algerino 5 months ago
Napoli, Algeria 6 845

Havertz should stayn in the bench. He is better as an injection into the game when they need to make changes in their gameplan.