Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

EPL season 2023/24 discussion thread
_Pelle_ 9 months ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6891

I thought maybe we can create a thread where we discuss anything related to the season.

Comments
RandallStehr 5 months ago
DC United, USA 0 2

Garnacho is a Goat.

Emobot7 5 months ago Edited
538 11435

This week was crazy wasn't it. Still, its impressive that City drew against Chelsea, Tottenham, Liverpool and lost against Arsenal and Wolverhampton yet they are still only 3 point behind the leader. Really goes to show how competitive the league is this season.

The interesting part about City is their defensive problem, they got some of the world greatest center-backs, one of the world best keeper yet they just been taking so many goals recently.

Liverpool also has trouble defensively without Alisson but what crazy game they had against Fulham, only absolute bangers from their part.

Next big games are Manchester United vs Chelsea and Manchester City vs Aston Villa. The Tottenham vs West Ham game should also be interesting. No time to blink honestly.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

This week was crazy wasn't it. Still, its impressive that City drew against Chelsea, Tottenham, Liverpool and lost against Arsenal and Wolverhampton yet they are still only 3 point behind the leader. Really goes to show how competetive the league is this season.

The interesting part about City is their defensive problem, they got some of the world greatest center-backs, one of the world best keeper yet they just been taking so many goals recently.

Liverpool also has trouble defensively without Alisson but what crazy game they had against Fulham, only absolute bangers from their part.

Next big games are Manchester United vs Chelsea and Manchester City vs Aston Villa. The Tottenham vs West Ham game should also be interesting. No time to blink honestly.

EdwardMatthew 5 months ago
Madura United, USA 0 15

Talking about the season, people everywhere celebrate in different ways, and the cold weather makes things special. What makes this time of year special for you?

quikzyyy 5 months ago
Arsenal 429 9002
Emobot7 5 months ago
538 11435

@quikzyyy Yeah, I saw that one, did Arteta complain? Because honestly, even when they win the managers should still complain about call like that or otherwise, people are not gonna care because its gonna look like they only complain when they are losing and not taking advantage from bad call.

quikzyyy 5 months ago
Arsenal 429 9002

nah, Arteta was booked for excessive celebrating of Declan Rice's 97th-minute winner.

they just prove thy care more about money and don't give a fuck about referee performances, corrupted clowns.

Footy_watch 5 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 24 1865

@Emobot

Yeah, I saw that one, did Arteta complain?

Exactly, managers must mention it when they win too.

@Lodatz

Looks like North London is going to have an exciting season

Yes as Arsenal fans we are enjoying it. 5 games without a win for bottleham is great to see and I expected this.

_Pelle_ 5 months ago Edited

Savage 😂

Too bad Arsenal lost today though 😢

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Savage 😂

_Pelle_ 5 months ago

And Man Utd 0-3 home against Bournemouth 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

quikzyyy 5 months ago
Arsenal 429 9002

another denied penalty, gave Crystal Palace penalty for similar tackle just few hours before
another denied clean red card, elbowing Nketiah completely off the ball without any intention, no thanks pgmoil

tiki_taka 5 months ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Guardiola clubs are every year more likely to win the league, but this Arsenal squad got some huge potential and they are very Young squad.

City are lacking KDB and Rodri in the midle, PL got many strong teams this season, games are very enjoyable to watch

Emobot7 5 months ago
538 11435

5 games without a win for bottleham is great to see and I expected this.

Just a friendly reminder that derogatory nickname for team is not permited on FR, please be more careful when making post.

Anyway, this week been pretty crazy, United, Chelsea and Arsenal all lost their games. Tottenham and City are back on their winning way. Aston Villa are quite impressive but its very obvious they didn't dominate Arsenal like they did City. Crystal Palace collapsing against Liverpool at the last minute was really painful for a lots of teams vying for the top spot.

@tiki Yes, I agree the league is quite interesting this time around, the best part imho is that this isn't a two horse race like last season and we're seeing teams like Liverpool and Aston Villa putting pressure on City and Arsenal. Teams like Tottenham and United are still possibly in it as well.

And yes, City are sorely lacking De Bruyne, Alvarez has been pretty decent for a while but he cannot consistently replace De Bruyne imho.

@quikzyyy Seem like consistency is far too much to ask the FA. I mean, Romero made a tackle that was much worse than what Rashford did in the CL and got away with a yellow card.

DarthFooty 5 months ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 37 1103

Not looking to make excuses for City, and I love more teams challenging for the title, but they are suffering from injuries to big players, so that has an impact on them for sure. They are built to fight on multiple fronts strategically, but the injuries are causing Pep to rework his roster more.

All teams go through this, but City should rebound well enough to remain in the top 2 or 3 until its crunch time. Would love to see someone else win it all, but if you are counting City out now, I hope you didnt bet your house on it.

Footy_watch 5 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 24 1865

Just a friendly reminder that derogatory nickname for team is not permited on FR, please be more careful when making post.

Lol I forgot about this because I didn't use it for a long time

Emobot7 5 months ago
538 11435

@DarthFooty Doubt many people are counting City out right now, especially after last season. Also, while its true that they are missing a few key player over injury, they are relatively injury free if you compare them to other top team in the PL right now. Liverpool, Manchester United, Tottenham and even Chelsea technically got way more injury on their roster than them right now.

_Pelle_ 5 months ago

I have this uncomfortable feeling that no matter how good Arsenal is… another team will win the league.

I hope I am wrong🤞

Emobot7 5 months ago
538 11435

@Pelle I hate it too but I have the same feeling.

Just feel like they doesn't have enough depth to go all the way. Timber was supposed to be that, more depth but he got injured immediatly before he could even complete his adaptation. Same thing in attack, they got no one with enough quality to replace Jesus. In midfield, they got no one who can replace completely what Odegaard give them.

They are also a bit lacking in consistent goalscorers, they are seriously lacking a guy like Haaland, Son or Salah which you know he is more likely to contribute to a goal in a game than not.

There is also the goalkeepers problem that Arsenal seem to have since forever honestly which are clearly not solved. As long as your keepers keep on giving on cheap goals, you cannot target for the title. that is nearly impossible imho.

tiki_taka 5 months ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Football is about DNA, team Spirit and collective expérience is built in the long term…
Arsenal got chemistry, good coaching, stability of the squad and therefore progression…
Last year we were wondering for how long they Will keep fighting, this year we and they got used to Chase top of the league, if not this year maybe in the next….

Footy_watch 5 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 24 1865

If we don't get a goalscorer in January we won't win the league. Liverpool will most likely win it instead.

Footy_watch 5 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 24 1865

VAR ensured Man city robbed a point against Crystal Palace when they didn't send Ederson off in the 42nd minute. Mateta denied the most obvious goal scoring opportunity and they turn a blind eye to it.