Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

EPL season 2023/24 discussion thread
_Pelle_ 9 months ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6891

I thought maybe we can create a thread where we discuss anything related to the season.

Comments
Lodatz 7 months ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

@Footy_watch:

Oh please. It was one bad decision regarding the Luis goal.

The red cards were entirely legitimate, and if you want to talk about bad refereeing, the free kick which led to Gakpo's goal should never have been given.

Liverpool simply had a bad day, over which one key decision, the disallowed goal is being used as a smokescreen to deny how one-sided that game actually was, and how much Spurs deserved 3 points. Liverpool were two world-class saves from Becker and Richarlison hitting the post away from going home 4-1, deservedly down to 9 men for the type of reckless challenges that they got away with last year.

This is Diogo Jota kicking Oliver Skipp in the head, with his studs:
enter image description here

There was no sending off for this. Two literal minutes later Jota scored a winning goal. And there's the little matter of a bullshit penalty in a Champions League final to discuss, if horrendous VAR decisions are the topic, or the officiating is suspect for corruption.

I hear Klopp even wants a replay. 😆

Someone should ask him if England deserve a replay against Germany for the appalling officiating during their tie in 2010.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Footy_watch:

Oh please. It was one bad decision regarding the Luis goal.

The red cards were entirely legitimate, and if you want to talk about bad refereeing, the free kick which led to Gakpo's goal should never have been given.

Liverpool simply had a bad day, over which one key decision, the disallowed goal is being used as a smokescreen to deny how one-sided that game actually was, and how much Spurs deserved 3 points. Liverpool were two world-class saves from Becker and Richarlison hitting the post away from going home 4-1, deservedly down to 9 men for the type of reckless challenges that they got away with last year.

This is Diogo Jota kicking Oliver Skipp in the head, with his studs:

There was no sending off for this. And there's the little matter of a bullshit penalty in a Champions League final to discuss, if horrendous VAR decisions are the topic, or the officiating is suspect for corruption.

I hear Klopp even wants a replay. 😆

Someone should ask him if England deserve a replay against Germany for the appalling officiating during their tie in 2010.

_Pelle_ 7 months ago

That bad decision proved to be very crucial though.

_Pelle_ 7 months ago Edited

Arsenal beat Man city (their second consecutive loss)

Do you think Arsenal are favorites to win EPL now?

• History

Arsenal beat Man city (theirbsecond consecutive loss)

Do you think Arsenal are favorites to win EPL now?

Footy_watch 7 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 24 1865

Finally we beat city in the league after 8 long years!!!! I predicted a 2-1 win for us before the game but I was still surprised with the win.

We aren't favourites yet because we need a striker. If we get a striker in January and we are either top or a few pts behind, then we will become the title favourites.

I hope we can stay unbeaten until then because I want the 2nd invincible gold trophy.

Lodatz 7 months ago

@Pelle: I don't think it was that crucial. It was one goal. On another day Spurs would have scored 4.

quikzyyy 7 months ago
Arsenal 429 9002

me seeing Lodatz back

Lodatz 7 months ago

Lol heya quik ❤

Looks like North London is going to have an exciting season

Emobot7 7 months ago
538 11435

Lodatz!!! Great to see you mate! Hope you doing okay and yeah, great times to be a an Arsenal or a Tottenham fan right now, hope this keep up!

_Pelle_ 7 months ago

Mourinho might get sacked in Roma…

Imagine him going back to Chelsea. I mean they suck so much they coule need his management.

Emobot7 7 months ago
538 11435

@Pelle Seem really doubtful to me that Mourinho would join Chelsea even if he somehow left Roma. Doesn't feel like the kind of choice the new direction at Chelsea would take, feel like they want manager that are more easy to deal with and that can accept to go with the choice the board make. Mou would want total control on so many level imho so he's not a good fit for the board at Chelsea.

Mou is a great manager but he is very much an hit or a miss with young players so honestly I don't think it would turn out too well considering how many young players there is a Chelsea right now.

Footy_watch 7 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 24 1865

@Lodatz I've seen your extremely biased comments about spurs a long time ago and you still haven't changed lol.

There was a spurs player who shouldve had a sending off before the jota tackle‌, I think it was skipp who deserved a red.

Emobot7 7 months ago
538 11435

So anyone has any thought on Chelsea and especially Mudryk? Maybe its a bit early to say but seem to me they are starting to gain confidence slowly but surely, feel like people are still expecting them to flop but this might be their turning point in the season if they come back from the break with a good mentality.

Anyway, next six games are gonna be interesting, City has to play Brighton, Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham in a relatively short span while playing in CL between those game. If their form don''t get any better this might be a good chance for a team to take some advance on them. We'll see of course but its gonna be an interesting time for sure.

Lodatz 7 months ago Edited

@Footy_Watch: oh yawn. I'm sure you being an Arsenal fan has NOTHING to do with your take. I'm not biased I'm simply pointing out that Liverpool got away with lenient refs in prior seasons and that one disallowed goal isn't that significant.

Skipp gave just a love tap compared to being literally kicked with studs in the head.

• History

@Footy_Watch: oh yawn. I'm sure you having an Arsenal profile pic has NOTHING to do with your take. I'm not biased I'm simply pointing out that Liverpool got away with lenient refs in prior seasons and that one disallowed goal isn't that significant.

Skipp gave just a love tap compared to being literally kicked with studs in the head.

_Pelle_ 7 months ago Edited

There is not a fanbsde that is not biased towards its own team.

btw RIP Sir Bobby Charlton

• History

There is not a fanbsde that is not boased towards its own team.

btw RIP Sir Bobby Charlton

Emobot7 7 months ago
538 11435

@Pelle Too true and honestly, after a long while trying to get people to be less bias, I just gave up, it just make every conversation far less interesting anyway when fans are too impartial. The important thing is to understand where people are coming from.

And yes, good of you Pelle to talk about it, rip Sir Bobby Charlton, one of the greatest legend of English football.

Footy_watch 7 months ago Edited
Arsenal, Brazil 24 1865

I don't care what team I support I call out the wrong decisions even if the correct decision wouldve gone against Arsenal.

• History

I don't care what team I support I call out the wrong decisions even if its against Arsenal.

Emobot7 7 months ago Edited
538 11435

I don't care what team I support

Oh the irony.

But joking aside, getting back on topic would be nice.

City won their game against Brighton which is a bit dissapointing for the other top team, sadly feel like this wasn't the best time for Brighton, having lost a game and drew another one before facing city.

As for Chelsea, nobody reacted when I said they were looking more and more confident as time passed but look at them now, they certainly did pretty well against the heavily favored Arsenal. Arsenal did manage to come back and get a draw but no doubt, they'll be dissapointed to have dropped point against this Chelsea side even if it was a derby away from home.

United slowly but surely climbing back up the table, winning the next game against City would be a great statement and great way to kickstart their season.

Aston Villa and Newcastle have been very impressive, they are doing quite well for themselve right now and I'd say that we should watch out for them. Don't forget Villa wasn't anywhere close to the european spots before Emery took over last season and look where they ended in the table.

Liverpool definetly an interesting case, I don't think they been exactly amazing but they certainly are doing a good job so far. They were a bit lucky to have Konate not take a second yellow against Everton last weekend though.

And Tottenham is just very impressive all around, I'm a big fan of the individual performance in their defence. Romero and Vicario in particular are very impressive. On the other end of the field, Kane and Maddison have been very good aswell.

Maddison actually managed to make Spurs forget about Kane for now. We alway knew he was talented but from relegated Leicester to Tottenham, that was quite a jump and he is doing everything right for the moment, love to see it.

• History

Oh the irony.

City won their game against Brighton which is a bit dissapointing for the other top team, sadly feel like this wasn't the best time for Brighton, having lost a game and drew another one before facing city.

As for Chelsea, nobody reacted when I said they were looking more and more confident as time passed but look at them now, they certainly did pretty well against the heavily favored Arsenal. Arsenal did do pretty well to come back and get a draw but no doubt, they'll be dissapointed to have dropped point against this Chelsea even if it was a derby away from home.

United slowly but surely climbing back up the table, winning the next game against City would be a great statement and great way to kickstart their season.

Aston Villa and Newcastle have been very impressive, they are doing quite well for themselve right now and I'd say that we should watch out for them. Don't forget Villa wasn't anywhere close to the european spots before Emery took over last season and look where they ended in the table.

Liverpool definetly an interesting case, I don't think they been exactly amazing but they certainly are doing a good job so far. They were a bit lucky to have Konate not take a second yellow against Everton last week though.

And Tottenham is just very impressive all around, I'm a big fan of the individual performance in their defence. Romero and Vicario in particular are very impressive. On the other end of the field, Kane and Maddison have been very impressive.

Maddison actually managed to make Spurs forget about Kane for now. We alway knew he was talented but from relegated Leicester to Tottenham, that was quite a jump and he is doing everything right for the moment, love to see it.

Oh the irony.

As for Chelsea, nobody reacted when I said they were looking more and more confident as time passed but look at them now, they certainly did pretty well against the heavily favored Arsenal. Arsenal did do pretty well to come back and get a draw but no doubt, they'll be dissapointed to have dropped point against this Chelsea even if it was a derby away from home.

Liverpool definetly an interesting case, I don't think they been exactly amazing but they certainly are doing a good job so far. They were a bit lucky to have Konate not take a second yellow against Everton last week though.

And Tottenham is just very impressive all around, I'm a big fan of the individual performance in their defence. Romero and Vicario in particular are very impressive. On the other end of the field, Kane and Maddison have been very good aswell.

_Pelle_ 7 months ago

City a bit dissapointing lately still second in the standings. Says a lot about them.

And Spurs being able to be this good even without Kane caught me offguard. But we know they’re not winning the trophy. It’s in their blood 😂

Lodatz 7 months ago

@Pelle: kinda like PSG in Europe, right?

Kinda fun that Tottenham and Les Parisians have both been to the same number of CL finals, innit?

The difference of course being that Tottenham do have 3 European trophies.

How many do PSG have? 😆

Emobot7 6 months ago
538 11435

@Pelle @Lodatz Oh spicy, keep them coming lol.

Anyway, United performance against City was certainly... not quite what I had hoped for. Onana was pretty decent in that game but City just had too many chance. Anyway, even though City might not be at their 'best', they still are a force to be reckoned with, especially with Rodri around.

Chelsea also dissapointed with a home lose against Brentford and it really showcased the problem with young talents in football in my humble opinion, total lack of consistency. This team propably need more experience and more leaders in advanced position.

Arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool all did what they had to do and are still all relatively close in the top four. Good to see the race for top spot still being interesting at the moment.

My eyes are now set on Tottenham vs Chelsea, could be a big one and it will certainly be interesting to see if Chelsea manage to reproduce the form they had against Arsenal. It is a derby after all but I do hope Tottenham manage to win that one in the end.