Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

EPL season 2023/24 discussion thread
_Pelle_ 9 months ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6891

I thought maybe we can create a thread where we discuss anything related to the season.

Comments
_Pelle_ 5 months ago

Liverpool-Arsenal 1-1

Liverpool was the better team imo… but it seems like Arsenal are learning how to be more resilient. Sooner rather than later that’s going to translate into a championship.

Footy_watch 5 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 24 1865

Liverpool was the better team imo

They were not the better team. We dominated and missed easy chances in the first 30min and we continued to miss chances due to no striker in the 2nd half. Liverpool domination didn't bring them any chance like we had.

Liverpool are not good enough to win the league.

I predict we will win the league this time.

Footy_watch 5 months ago Edited
Arsenal, Brazil 24 1865

The way we gave up after West Ham scoring their 2nd goal despite 20 to 30min remaining proves we are NOT winning the league this season. ARTETA OUT NOW

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Just found out we've never won the league when we were in 1st place at Christmas. RIP to our title hopes.

Just found out we've never won the league when we were in 1st place at Christmas. RIP to our title hopes. But I predict us to break the curse.

Algerino 4 months ago
Napoli, Algeria 6 845

Epl is more interesting than ever before. Top teams losing to the right and left. Just look at the top if the table.

Footy_watch 4 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 24 1865

Looks like we will be fighting for top 4 now

Emobot7 4 months ago
538 11435

Liverpool looking very good this season and they are having a great run, could see them go all the way this season honestly if they keep this up.

Aston Villa roof is really high but they lack maturity to handle the pressure from what I seen. Still really good and could get a top 4 finish but it will be complicated to aim for anything more.

Arsenal has quality and more depth than last season but are still inconsistent and above all else, not clinical enough. Its too bad because I'm convinced they would be favorite if they would add 2 or 3 key players to their team. I don't see them going all the way imho but they should be in the fight for the top 4 spot hopefully.

City has had a bad run of form but it seem like it is slightly getting better, don't forget those guys can go on perfect run of 10 win in a row if things click for them. They are crazy and should still be expected to be in the running for the league.

Tottenham are doing very well despite the injury and while its true they can do the worse and the best in a manner of weeks, they are still a team I could see competing for top four and even more if they managed to bolster their depth with some better players.

Brighton and Newcastles have been a lot more inconsistent than last season but they still got a very high roof and can cause trouble to some of the best team, they could still be in the running for an european place.

Manchester United and Chelsea are quite dissapointing to see, especially in term of consistency but they are both strong side with quality player that could surprise if good fortune was on their side, especially regarding to injury to key players.

Finally, West Ham is an interesting case, they went from nearly being relegated last season to winning the conference league and they are now in a very good position. I don't think they will manage to make it into the top four at the end of the season but they could get a european spot if they good form continued.

In a nutshell, nearly every top team got some shortcoming but have a very high ceilling and honestly, its been one of the most competitive season I seen in a while in the PL so I'm really enjoying it. The fact that they are plenty of team still in position to play the league in particular is refreshing.

One special note that really bother me is how we don't talk more about Anthony transfer, the guy been a complete flop imho and considering the amount United paid for him, I would kinda expect people to talk about it more. Like, I don't hate Ten Haag and not all the player he got from the Netherland were flop but Anthony is just one immense dissapointement. What happened there?

_Pelle_ 4 months ago Edited

Arsenal just decided to be terrible 🤦‍♂️

• History

Arsenal decided to become terrible 🤦‍♂️

Emobot7 4 months ago Edited
538 11435

@Pelle Complicated time for them, lots of their players could use some rest about now I think. I might be wrong but I think Saka and Rice been playing way too many games recently, considering they are two of Arsenal best, I think it really affect the team if thay aren't are their best level. Worth noting Arsenal should propably have more goal than they have this season, they are, like I said before, slightly underperforming in term of finishing.

I sure would love to know the feeling of someone following them more closely than I do though.

• History

@Pelle Complicated time for them, lots of their players could use some rest about now I think. I might be wrong but I think Saka and Rice been playing way too many games recently, considering they are two of Arsenal best, I think it really affect the team if thay aren't are their best level. Worth noting Arsenal should propably have more goal than they have this season, they are, like I said before, slightly underperforming in term of finishing.

I sure love to know the feeling of someone following them more closely than I do tbf, I'd be very interested to see other people opinion on this.

Footy_watch 4 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 24 1865

Arsenal just decided to be terrible 🤦‍♂️

The same capitulation we had from the Liverpool 2-2 game at anfield last season started early for us this season. But this season we have been poor the whole time except for a few games. I'm happy because this will signal the end of the Arteta era. I just wish this happened much sooner.

Emobot7 4 months ago
538 11435

And Arsenal is already out of the FA cup, that a bit sad to see but seeing how Liverpool started Alison, it was never gonna be an easy game to score in for those Gunners. To be fair, its been quite remarkable how uneffective Arsenal has been in term of finishing.

Here some stat I taken from ESPN:

Arsenal have now had 48 shots since their last goal at home. They have scored one goal from 63 shots since Christmas. They ended here against Liverpool with an expected goals (xG) figure of 2.74 but nothing to show for it once more.

They really need someone that can finish those occasion imho. Its terrible how bad this is getting.

_Pelle_ 4 months ago Edited

Didn’t expect Liverpool to be leading and and also being so consistent tbh

Really impressed on how Klopp has managed to elevate the team this season (so far).

• History

Didn’t expect Liverpool to be leading and and veing so consistent tbh

Really impressed on how Klopp has managed to elevate the team this season (so far).

Emobot7 4 months ago Edited
538 11435

@Pelle Agreed, they been really outstanding compared to last season, consistent and sometime, they even had to deal with obvious call that has should been called in their favour going the other way. We alway talk about wether Pep is the greatest manager or not but one thing I do believe is that the best manager after Pep is Klopp, what he's done in the last few years is nothing short of incredible.

• History

@Pelle Agreed, they been really outstanding compared to last season, consistent and sometime, they even had to deal with obvious call that has should been called in their favour going the other way. We alway take about wether Pep is the greatest manager or not but one thing I do believe is that the best manager after Pep is Klopp, what he's done in the last few years is nothing short of incredible.

_Pelle_ 3 months ago

True… and just like that Klopp decided to resign.

Emobot7 3 months ago
538 11435

@Pelle This has got to be the most shocking news I seen in the world of football in recent years. I understand why Klopp chose to resign after this season but man, this is so hard to see. I'm not even a Liverpool fan but anyone can see what he did there and what he meant for the fan and the whole team. Whoever gonna fill up for him is gonna have one of the hardest job of all time.

Me, I'm just really thankful for what he brought to the Premier League around the time I first started following football. Still think he is a but underated and wasn't rewarded to the extend of his effort but he definetly one of the the great one and its too bad to see him go, hope he recharge and come back to manage another team in the future.

Footy_watch 3 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 24 1865

Very happy klopp is leaving as it will be the end of Liverpool being at the top.

DarthFooty 3 months ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 37 1103

Fully managing a club is exhausting! You can see it on their faces, especially at clubs where you are expected to win every game, and more so that you have to win playing a certain way. The fan base is relentless. Ownership can be cruel, and of course, you have players who might not feel like they should put everything in it, for whatever their reasons. Take all of that and magnify it 10x, and you have an EPL Manager.

Klopp is an increible manager. A player's coach. A fan's coach. He puts everything into the season and with the long hours, the press, the politics, and time away from family, it wears you down.

Liverpool is a changed team and will have a hard time replacing Klopp.

Emobot7 3 months ago
538 11435

@Footy I think it be much better if Guardiola was the one leaving at this point though. ^_^'

@Darth This is honestly far too true, I mean, I find playing football manager an emotionaly exhausting experience. Imagine, doing it for real with people careers and millions of expectation on the line. The pressure must be insane, you need to be incredibly emotionally and mentaly stable to get out of there without going crazy.

Like many thing about football we don't see, a manager life and the pressure he get from the job, the fatigue he must develop, I don't take much of us could even start imagine it.

Still have no idea how people like Sir Alex and Wenger went for as long as they did honestly.

Footy_watch 3 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 24 1865

Looks like we are back in the title race but I think City are too strong especially with de bruyne back. I believe we must win 13 out of 15 games to win the league including no less than a draw against city at Etihad. I doubt we are good enough to do that.

DarthFooty 3 months ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 37 1103

Was a solid game for the Gunners. Just a read lapse in the lead-up to the Liverpool goal, but outside that, they were the more dangerous in the match.

It also opens up the title race a bit more. 15 matches left (17 for City) so a lot can happen. A possible saving grace for the league is that City is still contending in the CL and we all know how hard it is to maintain levels in both competitions.

Emobot7 3 months ago
538 11435

@Footy Alway good to hold some reserve regarding your chance, especially against this city team. I do wish the best of luck to Arsenal.

For sure, seeing City, Liverpool and Arsenal still in the race and close to each other will make the rest of the season interesting.

Manchester United finally seem like they are finding back their form and mostly thank to their younger players, Mainoo, Garnacho and Hojlund. My only worry is how dependant they might be on Lisandro Martinez in defense and how it seem like he might have injured himself again against West Ham.

Chelsea are on the other end of the spectrum, honestly can catch a break and seriously, everytime Poch talk, I feel like he stepping into a bucket with his feet. I didn't think I'd say that but I'd kinda wish they still had Potter honestly. I mean, he looked delusional at time too but at least he wasn't saying stuff like "I still need more players, thats why its not working for us" when Chelsea basically signed 1/5 of the prospects in Europe.