Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Can Barcelona make a comeback against PSG ?
tiki_taka 7 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

None at Barcelona ( players ) think it's impossible, i do knowing defensive mistakes starting from midlefield. But an early goal in a fierce 96.000 attendance stadium with MSN upfront.
All planets need to be aligned and it's quite impossible :
.6.0....0...1c

1. PSG in poor form
  2. Clean sheet
  3. Sharpness and effectiveness
  4. Scoring fast and at least 2-0 in first half.
  5. Enrique mental and tactical edge

The 5th condition is the most complicated. But as a Barca fan, Despite 1% chance I still think there is something to do. At least win the game and bring the fear till the end so we give a fight and leave the competition with heads high.

Remontada

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

None at Barcelona ( players ) think it's impossible, i do knowing defensive mistakes starting from midlefield. But an early goal in a fierce 96.000 attendance stadium with MSN upfront.
All planets need to be aligned and it's quite impossible :
.6.0....0...1c

1. PSG in poor form
  2. Clean sheet
  3. Sharpness and effectiveness
  4. Scoring fast and at least 2-0 in first half.
  5. Enrique mental and tactical edge

The 5th condition is the most complicated. But as a Barca fan, Despite 1% chance I still think there is something to do. At least win the game and bring the fear till the end so we give a fight and leave the competition with heads high.

Comments
Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

He fell, and unluckily blocked Neymar's path to the goal

No, Neymar dived as usual. That's what he did in the league just 2 weeks ago. He got away with diving multiple times with no warning and no yellow card, he got the yellow after commiting a faul. What game were you watching anyway...

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

yeah he definitely dived when he ran into his head with a knee, Neymar was going for that penalty but it was 100% a pen.

tiki_taka 7 years ago

Lets be honest, he fell accidentally and Neymar knew it and went to provoke the contact, he succeeded to get a contact and won PK.
Unfair-play ? Maybe. They call it flair in South America, he wons PK on purpose, but there is contact everytime it was whistled.

Ref decision : Clear PK, you cannot foul someone ( intentionally or not ) we arent talking about handballs, intention doesnt matter for fouls, most of aerial fouls are inententional btw.

Neymar outsmarted Meunier, went for a contact and got it...

The second is less clear, a 50-50 went our way, and that was pretty harsh knowing we had already one pk given, but it remains a 50-50 and the fierce atmosphere may have had an impact.

The last goal with Ter Stegen in the box is History, first team to overcome 4 goals lead in second leg. What a night !

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

That's not a faul if he run into a player and falls to get a penalty, that's called diving. Maybe in basketball that's a faul but it's a different sport.
He dived almost the same just some week ago, just running into a player and falling is enough to give him a penalty and after that he dived again but the ref didn't give him a yellow nor a warning that's not normal.
Suarez also dived and got a penalty, literally all they needed to do is to cross the ball inside the area.

tiki_taka 7 years ago

Haha love your frustration ;)

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

The most pathetic rigged game in Champions league history, created a fake drama for viewership ratings or who knows what but money decided this game not players.

Name one more team that can get any amount of penalties they need, just as all real football fans know, it's easier to play against Barcelona when it's 0:0 than when you're leading 4:0.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

did you start watching football in 2017?

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

I feel like this is gonna be one of the most controversial comeback in a while, but you know what, Barca player and their fan are not gonna care about that. Don't how I feel about it as a whole but an impressive results despite the controversy in my opinion. Congrats to Barca and their fan. :D

SunFlash 7 years ago Edited
USA 19 3260

Lets be honest, he fell accidentally and Neymar knew it and went to provoke the contact, he succeeded to get a contact and won PK.
Unfair-play ? Maybe. They call it flair in South America, he wons PK on purpose, but there is contact everytime it was whistled.
Ref decision : Clear PK, you cannot foul someone ( intentionally or not ) we arent talking about handballs, intention doesnt matter for fouls, most of aerial fouls are inententional btw.

Going for contact is largely meaningless unless the contact impedes. If I'm sitting in the box not moving, but happen to be in the way of Neymar, who instead of simply dribbling around me decides to trip over one of my limbs and/or head, that's not a penalty. There was contact, and a dive, but no foul actually occurred. I don't see how that's different from the actual situation.

Basically as a defender I'm allowed the right to my own body.

• History

Going for contact is largely meaningless unless the contact impedes. If I'm sitting in the box not moving, but happen to be in the way of Neymar, who instead of simply dribbling around me decides to trip over one of my limbs and/or head, that's not a penalty. There was contact, and a dive, but no foul actually occurred. I don't see how that's different from the actual situation.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Man if you don't see that both penalties are totally rigged and fake there is nothing to talk about. A known player that dives, can do it twice in first half, in second he won a penalty like that and then right after dived again, got no warning at all after all those dives, who does that?
Tell me 1 more player that has that amount of credit with the refs.

Then the other one dives too and of course, no questions asked all he needed to do is to fake a fall and there you go, one more penalty.
I have seen comments on several places, most unbiased people know this is a disgrace, of course the irony, the man from France that cheers against a french club is happy, just shows which type of people liked this game xD

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Sunflash Get what you mean, seem like the ref thought the defender purposfully felt toward where Neymar was heading. Very soft pen but hey, those thing happen. Like I said, it seemed like a bizare game. PSG were quite unlucky in the end. :(

@Golazo111

the man from France that cheers against a french club is happy, just
shows which type of people liked this game

That really doesn't mean anything though, you can be from a country and support a foreign club more than the club ofyour own country. :P
But yeah, lets not hide our face, Neymar true nature is this:
enter image description here

• History

@Sunflash Get what you mean, seem like the ref thought the defender purposfully felt toward where Neymar was heading. Very soft pen but hey, those thing happen. Like I said, it semmed like a bizare game. PSG were quite unlucky. :(

@Sunflash Get what you mean, seem like the ref thought the defender purposfully felt toward where Neymar was heading. Very soft pen but hey, those thing happen. Like I said, it semmed like a bizare game. PSG were quite unlucky. :(

@Golazo111

the man from France that cheers against a french club is happy, just
shows which type of people liked this game

That really doesn't mean anything though, you can be from a country and support a foreign club more than the club ofyour own country. :P
But yeah, lets not hide our face, Neymar true nature is this:

SunFlash 7 years ago Edited
USA 19 3260

@Emo

Even if that was the case, which it isn't, then all Neymar has to do is walk around the defender - there is nothing stopping him from doing so. When I said there was no case, I meant it.

A foul is given because one team was in one way or another wronged. Neymar was not wronged. He was not even close to being wronged. Barcelona lost no advantage by the defender falling.

This is not a discussion, because there is no discussion to be had.

• History

@Emo

Even if that was the case, which it isn't, then all Neymar has to do is walk around the defender - there is nothing stopping him from doing so. When I said there was no case, I meant it.

A foul is given because one team was in one way or another wronged. Neymar was not wronged. He was not even close to being wronged. Barcelona lost no advantage by the defender falling.

This is not a discussion, there is no discussion to be had.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Sunflash Its Neymar were talking about, he is never gonna walk around the defender if he feel he can get a pen. But yeah, like you said, poor decision from the ref at the very least. Like I said, those thing happen. We need better ref and to bring video replay technology as well! :D

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Was there a penalty for PSG when Di Maria was alone in the counter attack? He got very hurt and shot poorly but nothing happened. If it was a penalty there, the last man of Barca should have gotten a red card as the last man in defence too...but I guess we only got to see rigged penalties this game.

Daggerwall 7 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 3 32

The first penalty was not initially given, but after the consideration of the linesman the ref gave it. Was it a clear penalty? No but it was enough for the ref to decide on it. Same thing with the second one, Marq. wasn't even looking at the ball and ran straight into Suarez. When your running that fast, even small touches can unbalance you. Like Ramos said "Sometimes they give [for] you and others take it away". Just 1 or two bad calls shouldn't have stopped PSG from going forward considering that they were 4 goals ahead.

Salahadin 7 years ago
Real Madrid, France 11 554

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

if Meunier wasn't trying so hard to get in front of Neymar when he was already on the ground, nothing would happen. You can't blame referee for Meunier inexperience.

Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

Y'all wanna hear something? I MISSED THE FRICKIN GAME! No I wasn't in class, I wasn't in the hospital, and I wasn't even doing anything productive. My stupid ass was playing 2K!

Congratulations to Barcelona. Questionable calls yes but you can't say they didn't work for the win. I missed the game but it wasn't mine to begin with anyway.

And @Emo rest assured you are not going to be made fun of anymore. It's not like you were playing 2K when you missed out on games.

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Im loving your frustration, Golazo. Keep talking about rigging it won't change a thing. PSG was a shadow of the PSG in the first leg. The Neymar penalty was called by the assistant and in my opinion its a penalty. If he intended to block him or not or if Neymar looked for contact or not. He clumsily fell over and Neymar fell over him. The suarez is more debatable in that there was an elbow but I don't believe it would have been enough to justify a penalty.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

if Meunier wasn't trying so hard to get in front of Neymar when he was already on the ground, nothing would happen. You can't blame referee for Meunier inexperience.

I can't blame the referee for not doing his job? The referees are independent of the players. They call the game, and are not subject to anything done by or for the players. If he can't do his job, he shouldn't be reffing at all, let alone a CL knockout round.

This argument is ridiculous and I'm a little bit insulted you even tried it.

Discussion Closed