Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Can Barcelona make a comeback against PSG ?
tiki_taka 7 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

None at Barcelona ( players ) think it's impossible, i do knowing defensive mistakes starting from midlefield. But an early goal in a fierce 96.000 attendance stadium with MSN upfront.
All planets need to be aligned and it's quite impossible :
.6.0....0...1c

1. PSG in poor form
  2. Clean sheet
  3. Sharpness and effectiveness
  4. Scoring fast and at least 2-0 in first half.
  5. Enrique mental and tactical edge

The 5th condition is the most complicated. But as a Barca fan, Despite 1% chance I still think there is something to do. At least win the game and bring the fear till the end so we give a fight and leave the competition with heads high.

Remontada

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

None at Barcelona ( players ) think it's impossible, i do knowing defensive mistakes starting from midlefield. But an early goal in a fierce 96.000 attendance stadium with MSN upfront.
All planets need to be aligned and it's quite impossible :
.6.0....0...1c

1. PSG in poor form
  2. Clean sheet
  3. Sharpness and effectiveness
  4. Scoring fast and at least 2-0 in first half.
  5. Enrique mental and tactical edge

The 5th condition is the most complicated. But as a Barca fan, Despite 1% chance I still think there is something to do. At least win the game and bring the fear till the end so we give a fight and leave the competition with heads high.

Comments
Dynastian98 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

I'm still not on board with the whole "rigged" thing, but it is interesting that...

• This was the referee's first ever Champions League game
  • Might also be his last..... more than just a little suspicious.

Basically all he got to referee is Barcelona steamrolling PSG. Interesting.

• History

I'm still not on board with the whole "rigged" thing, but it is interesting that...

• This was the referee's first ever Champions League game
  • Might also be his last..... more than just a little suspicious.
tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

2 handballs not Whistled for Barca in the box.
1 handball not Whistled for PSG.
Clear PK for Neymar.
Suarez dive given a pk.

All i see is an under pressure ref in a heated game who gave the home team a soft Pk And that was Suarez one.

Let the haters moan, PSG have only themselves to blame, they got 4 passes between 87th and 95th 2 of them were at the kick off. None of them are talking about the ref because 1st leg one made a home refreing and so the second.

The result is 6-1 cry or hate, its not just a ref issue, they made the best comeback ever... kiss

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Casually forget that PSG was robbed of a penalty that was clear as day. If that was Neymar falling like that, clear penalty given and red card for PSG player but Mascherano got away with it.

Don't make it look like the bad judgements were even on both sides when PSG was clearly robbed.

chelsea8 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Hahaha ^ this guy tiki knows more than pierluigi collina.

Neymar should've had red for kicking marquinho

Mascherano should've had red for tackling di maria and the replay strangly wasnt shown on tv

Suarez dive gets pen

Psg denied hanball pen

Neymar looks for contact to dive and gets pen

Suarez offside goal.

• History

Hahaha ^ this guy knows more than pierluigi collina.

Neymar should've had red for kicking marquinho

Mascherano should've had red for tackling di maria and the replay strangly wasnt shown on tv

Suarez dive gets pen

Psg denied hanball pen

Neymar looks for contact to dive and gets pen

Suarez offside goal.

SoccerBoss 7 years ago
Barcelona, Russia 34 804

enter image description here

tuan_jinn 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

It gets repetitive and personal now.

I will reopen this thread and if there is personal attack, I would have to take action again. So please no personal attack

• History

This is enough.

This is enough.

It gets repetitive and personal now.

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Alright Tuan re-opened the thread. Take the hint guys.

I don't know if I'm allowed to share this, but here's the full game streamable for those interested:
https://motdtv.blogspot.se/2017/03/bar-psg-20170308.html

So, I guess a congratulations in order. What an unbelievable game. Unbelievable in many ways actually.. I'm not surprised that the referee will never again judge a CL game.

On that note, tiki and a few others seem to have a strange perspective (to say the least) on this. So the referee was apparently under pressure and thus ruled AGAINST Barca not 1, but (3) times, according to tiki, while PSG apparently had 2 unjust refereeing decisions that went against them (see below).

2 handballs not Whistled for Barca in the box.
1 handball not Whistled for PSG.
Clear PK for Neymar.
Suarez dive given a pk.

Hm, I can think of a few others. The biggest being the Di Maria 1-1 situation, where Macherano even officially went out and said that he fouled him. That in turn means that it would be a clear penalty and maybe even a red. Quite a game changing event.

I also find it amusing that you defend the referees decision to call a penalty for the suarez dive. He certainly had no problems taking help of the assistant referee at other times in the game. And he had a clear view of the situation.

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

@Tiki

I dont think the game was rigged but i dont agree with what you said

Unfair-play ? Maybe. They call it flair in South America, he wons PK on purpose, but there is contact everytime it was whistled

Barca's comeback in not as extraordinary or amazing as it is being hailed to be , and is definitely not the best comeback of all time... it is completely over shadowed by the way barca achieved this
When did the barca brand become more important than sportsmanship and code of conduct

Suarez dove, he dove earlier in the game and was booked, if you watch the end of the match barca players are flopping around so much its almost funny.

The “art” of simulation. It is an outrageous argument, your saying cheating, must be embraced as part of sport..

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Cheating should never be embraced. But currently as the game stands it is a big part of the game. There is not a single team and player given the very same circumstances that would play fair. Any striker would go down looking for a penalty in the dying minutes when you need two goals to go through. Its sad but thats how football is. Even if there was a punishment for diving (post match review) I think many players would gladly take the punishment knowing they got their team through.

Look at Suarez in the 2010 World Cup, he blocked a goal with his hand getting a straight red and Gyan went on to miss the pen. Suarez celebrated it as if Uruguay had scored the winner. Uruguay later went on to win the match, thus Suarez felt he did what he had to to win.

Im not justifying cheating, again, im just proving that post match review will not change diving. Sure, it would discourage some diving in non essential moments, but give the circumstance Barca found themselves every single player would look for a pen. The nature of the sport is to win, do you really think they care how they got it when the final whistle blew and they had won 6-1? Dont think so.

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

@Raimondo - Fair points, but like i said this game was not the best comeback of all time because of the cheating. it was pretty pathetic if penalties were able to be reviewed during the match this might change things

Golefty 7 years ago Edited
Toronto FC 27 1016

At least we can say this has been one of the most entertaining UCL tournament in memory,

Dortmund broke a record for most goals scored in group stage

bayern score 10 against arsenal

11 goals between psg and barca

So many golazoos

EDIT : fogot about the man city mocaco tie ,its not even over and there are 8 goals between them

• History

At least we can say this has been one of the most entertaining UCL tournament in memory,

Dortmund broke a record for most goals scored in group stage

bayern score 10 against arsenal

11 goals between psg and barca

So many golazoos

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

This is not Ice Hockey when teams concede 5 goals a game .. top teams not even middle team . I rarely find it entertaining , especially when other team literally crumbles and looses like championship team

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Do you find 1:0 matches more entertaining than 5:3?

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

@Marcus2011 - i think thats the point - since football games are so often 1-0, 1-1. 0-0 , but i do agree that a 1-0 game can be just as entertaining if its 5-3, but thats got to be one good damn game of football.

Discussion Closed