Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

First £100m player? Vote in the poll + discussion
_Gonzi_ 7 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

"27-year-old Gabon international Aubameyang has been linked with moves to the Premier League in the past a well as continental heavyweights PSG and Real Madrid.

According to the research, his age, position, contract status and traits make him the the most likely candidate to become the first in world-football to secure a £100m transfer." - b/r

Who do you think will be the first?

enter image description here

Comments
chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Why would any team pay 100 mill for any of those except hazard, neymar, dybala and griezmann?

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago

the way money moves around in the premier league, i wouldn't be surprised if griezmann would be the first. although, hazard to real madrid and dybala to real madrid/barca could break the threshold

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Griezmann or Dybala. Neymar is unlikely to leave Barcelona, and Hazard isn't good enough to warrant that much payment (no club wants him that badly).

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

^ hahahahhahaha

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

If rumors are true and if Manchester United secure a spot for them in the next Champions League season, Griezmann might be the guy.

Aubameyang is also a realistic price tag but the question is which team would get him and which team actually needs to spend that much for him?

Neymar isn't leaving the beautiful city of Barcelona and Hazard is happy in London, also it really looks like Dybala just started dominating Italy.

Verratti? Does he look like a 100 mil £ guy?
Depends on which team wants him, for Barcelona he would fit well, actually he fits well in most big clubs on one way or another but if Barcelona really want him do they need to go all the way to 100 mil £? Maybe if the other team negotiating is Real Madrid.

Coutinho, interesting player given that Liverpool might not be the team to make his dreams come true, but then again where would he move and would Klopp really give him away that easy? If Klopp doesn't have a choice then maybe he becomes the first 100 mil £ guy.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

It'd have to be a striker I suppose. Don't want to think about how much United are going to cough up for Griezmann this summer.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Totally agree with @Dynastian.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Hazard is the best player on that list alongside neymar.

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago Edited

i don't know man. i'd say neymar and griezmann are right up top. balon do'r nominees. i'd put one tier down - auba, hazard, dybala..maybe coutinho. it doesn't even matter though, these are all top players, who could possibly be worth a 100 mill transfer

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

i don't know man. i'd say neymar and griezmann are right up top. balon do'r nominee. i'd put one tier down - auba, hazard, dybala..maybe coutinho

i don't know man. i'd say neymar and griezmann are right up top. balon do'r nominee. i'd put one tier down - auba, hazard, dybala..maybe coutinho. it doesn't even matter though, these are all top players, who could possibly be worth a 100 mill transfer

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

What makes griezzmand and neymar better? And don't come at me with goals because griezzman is the main focus at atletico and plays as a striker and neymar has less goals i think not sure tho and if you talk about chance creation and dribbling then hazard would top that list.

And it's funny that madrid was ready to buy hazard but after hazard said he isn't going he suddenly not worth it lol

tuan_jinn 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I agree with Chelsea8 here, I have watched both Neymar and Hazard (who are somewhat similar in style). And saying Neymar is up there while Hazard is not is really untrue.

Hazard's inflences on the game is as much as Neymar, and to me more pleasant to watch. Neymar slow down the game WAY WAY a lot, and his dive sometimes disgusting. In so many Barca's game when people hype him, there have been so many times he slow down Barca attack, make the defenders form their formation (it's incomparable to Messi's style).

Neymar has lots and lots of moments of genius, so does Hazard.

I think Griezmann, Neymar, Hazard are up there.

• History

I agree with Chelsea8 here, I have both watched Naymar and Hazard (who are somewhat similar in style). And saying Neymar is up there while Hazard is not is really untrue.

Hazard's inflences on the game is as much as Neymar, and to me more pleasant to watch. Neymar slow down the game WAY WAY a lot, and his dive sometimes disgusting. In so many Barca's game when people hype him, there have been so many times he slow down Barca attack, make the defenders form their formation (it's incomparable to Messi's style).

Neymar has lots and lots of moments of genius, so does Hazard.

I think Griezmann, Neymar, Hazard are up there.

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago Edited

i'd say it's their experience at the top level. these 2 have played more CL, have reached CL finals. that's what the super clubs (barca, real, bayern) want i assume. the more proven the player, the better.

• History

i'd say it's their experience at the top level. these 2 have played more CL, have reached CL finals. that's what the super clubs want i assume. the more proven the player, the better.

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Well Neymar is going nowhere...

That being said players who deserve that price tag are Grizou and Hazard.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Well to be fair i don't think any player should be that expensive in my opinion only players like zidane, messi, r9 , ronaldo deserve those price tags, the football world is getting crazier and crazier.

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago

as an international sport. and the power of european football, i say i don't mind the price tags. heck, i watch em every week. if american football stars and nba players get paid these crazy sums, i say, let football stars earn the same.

Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

No love for LuTANKu? He's having the best season of his career so far!

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Perhaps my opinion of Hazard is tainted because he has never been part of a great offense. I mean, the best forward he's played with is Diego Costa, who scores most of his goals through brute force... that says something. I'm sure if he played with Suarez and Messi, he'd be a superstar, but right now he isn't anywhere near Griezmann's level (who's a top 5 player in the world right now).

Neymar has also gotten VERY good, but is overshadowed by Messi and Suarez nowadays.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

You guys, it doesn't matter if the player value is really 100 mil or not, what matters is if the club is willing to pay the price.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Agree w/Golazo.

As for Hazard, I have a tough time convincing myself that he's on the level of top 5 players in the world, especially considering that Chelsea hasn't even made the CL semis since he's been there. I know, it's a team game, but if you're that good, you should be playing at that level. The fact that I don't believe him to be the best player on his own team over the last few seasons doesn't help his cause either.

Maybe it's just Chelsea's defensive mindset. If he was on a team like Liverpool/Real/Dortmund/Barca etc, some team that attacks non-stop, I might think differently. But I doubt it. After all, I don't feel that way about Griezmann, and Atleti are defensive as hell. I also consider how players play for their national teams - Neymar carries his team to a WC semi, Griezmann to a Euro final, Hazard...doesn't even seem to be the main guy for Belgium, always gets outplayed by Lukaku or De Bruyne whenever I watch them play.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Madridista Sadly, I don't think any club will pay 100m for him, still, no doubt he will go for a very close sums.

On Hazard case, I have to agree with chelsea8 and tuan, its not because he isn't alway scoring or assisting that he isn't one of the top player at his position. He is such an incredible player on and off the ball. His skill in attack are the best part of his game of course, he can make great run, have one of the best finishing you can find, dribble well and above all else, he got a great football inteligence, his decision making is very good. I fear the fact that he is sometime over-hyped make him a disservice. Anyway, for me, Hazard is at the same level as Sanchez at the very least, if not even better. Would love to see him at Madrid even if I understand people who don't actually want Real to do it. Paying 100m on a player that would not be assured to get constant play-time (cause Hazard would propably at the same position as Ronaldo) would be waste, especially when you got to fix other position with more priority. Madrid might need a defensive midfielder as backup for Casemiro or another goalie to replace Navas more than another attacking player.