Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

First £100m player? Vote in the poll + discussion
_Gonzi_ 7 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

"27-year-old Gabon international Aubameyang has been linked with moves to the Premier League in the past a well as continental heavyweights PSG and Real Madrid.

According to the research, his age, position, contract status and traits make him the the most likely candidate to become the first in world-football to secure a £100m transfer." - b/r

Who do you think will be the first?

enter image description here

Comments
_Gonzi_ 7 years ago

yes, we proved tottenham are a lesser club, that is why they sold bale. nicee.

Lodatz 7 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Did someone hurt you as a child, Gonzi? Is that why you hate the English?

Can you let the non-plastics talk for a while?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Did someone hurt you as a child, that you turned out to be so sad?

Did someone hurt you as a child? Is that why you turned out so... unfortunate?

Keep chomping, plastic. ;)

Did someone hurt you as a child, Gonzi? Is that what turned you into such a bitter, racist troll?

Did someone hurt you as a child, Gonzi? Is that why you hate the English?

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago

i'm talking facts. this doesn't only pertain to lesser english clubs, it pertains to ANY lesser club from ANY country. if a big club wants a player from a lesser club, they'll get the player.

And?

Doesn't that just demonstrate what I said to be correct?

Do you suppose for some reason that there's any argument about the fact that Spurs were not in the top echelon of English football when they sold Bale?

Is that the reason why you decided to be a disrespectful troll again about both Tottenham and the English, proving what I said about YOU to also be correct?

Please let the non-trolls speak for a while.

• History

And?

Doesn't that just demonstrate what I said to be correct?

Do you suppose for some reason that there's any argument about the fact that Spurs were not in the top echelon of English football when they sold Bale?

Is that the reason why you decided to be troll again about both Tottenham and the English?

Please let the non-trolls speak for a while.

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago

what are you on about mate? stop trying to be the victim to 'win' a discussion. jesus. no one insulted tottenham. i like tottenham. this thread is about first 100 million dollar players. which harry kane will not be. that is all. go force your suckage and analysis somewhere else.

what are you on about mate?

Well, stuff like this:

"tottenham (basically a selling club. madrid's baby academy)"

"if you want to go to madrid...go to tottenham first."

"whatever real want, they take, that goes for any english club."

"the difference between modric and bale going to madrid, is that they are actually class. overhyped kane will never see a big transfer,"

All of which is either demonstrably false, irrelevant to the point being made, or just said as an insult. Y'know, typical troll behavior. Your regular contribution, in other words.

this thread is about first 100 million dollar players. which harry kane will not be.

I hope you're right, since I wouldn't want to lose him at any price. But, since the thread was started about potential 100m transfers, and since the writers of the articles and lists you're citing disagree with you about Kane's potential, this makes me think that you're not only wrong (again), but also being quite deliberate in your insult to Kane.

Also, did you realize that the beginning of the thread was, oh, 7 pages ago? The conversation has changed since then, and I was talking about the Bale and Suarez transfers, and something which was said about them, and so now that's what the thread is about.

So kindly let the non-trolls talk, if all you have to offer is your usual: "English players are sh.it and Tottenham are sh.it too", eh?

• History

what are you on about mate?

Well, stuff like this:

"tottenham (basically a selling club. madrid's baby academy)"

"if you want to go to madrid...go to tottenham first."

"whatever real want, they take, that goes for any english club."

"the difference between modric and bale going to madrid, is that they are actually class. overhyped kane will never see a big transfer,"

All of which is either demonstrably false, irrelevant to the point being made, or just said as an insult. Y'know, typical troll behavior. Your regular contribution, in other words.

this thread is about first 100 million dollar players. which harry kane will not be.

I hope you're right, since I wouldn't want to lose him at any price. But, since the thread was started about potential 100m transfers, and since the writers of the articles and lists you're citing disagree with you about Kane's, this makes me think that you're not only wrong (again), but also being quite deliberate in your insult to Kane.

Also, did you realize that the beginning of the thread was, oh, 7 pages ago? The conversation has changed since then, and I was talking about the Bale and Suarez transfers, and something which was said about them, and so now that's what the thread is about.

So kindly let the non-trolls talk, if all you have to offer is your usual: "English players are sh.it and Tottenham are sh.it too", eh?

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago

analyze this.

tottenham = suck ass

analyze this. tottenham = suck ass

So, your method of proving me wrong, is to just prove me right? Interesting development. Well, at least you're not trying to deny your behavior any longer I guess.

Can you let the non-trolls talk now?

• History

analyze this. tottenham = suck ass

Well, at least you're not trying to deny your behavior any longer I guess.

Can you let the non-trolls talk now?

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago Edited

can't wait for one of these.

tottenham = suck ass

insert 4 paragraphs of nonsense and rambling on for the sake of proving a point no one cares about.

edit: haha you're so obsessed you replied before i could even finish the joke. get a life mate.

• History

can't wait for one of these.

tottenham = suck ass

insert 4 paragraphs of nonsense and rambling on for the sake of proving a point no one cares about.

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago

you realize you're the troll right? lmao

Well, no. I'm someone who was offering an argument which disagrees with something that Dynast said, and explained my reasons quite thoroughly. I'm currently waiting for either he, SunFlash or anyone else with an opinion on the matter to respond with their own reasons, and and we can then have a nice chat about it.

You are messing this process up by unnecessarily insulting Tottenham and English football, as always, and here's the fun part: just like I said you do. You piped up to basically just prove me right.

Why don't you just stop being a dick, instead?

• History

Well, no. I'm someone who was offering an argument which disagrees with someone that someone else (Dynast in this case) said, and explained my reasons quite thoroughly. I'm currently waiting for either he, SunFlash or anyone else with an opinion on the matter to respond, and we can chat about it.

You are messing this process up by unnecessarily trolling Tottenham and English football, as always.

Why don't you just stop being a dick?

Well, no. I'm someone who was offering an argument which disagrees with something that Dynast said, and explained my reasons quite thoroughly. I'm currently waiting for either he, SunFlash or anyone else with an opinion on the matter to respond with their own reasons, and and we can then have a nice chat about it.

You are messing this process up by unnecessarily trolling Tottenham and English football, as always.

You are messing this process up by unnecessarily insulting Tottenham and English football, as always.

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago Edited

oh dude i didn't realize i was hurting your feelings. it's okay little buddy, i won't comment back. have a nice day XD

i'll spare you the tears. bahahhaa

• History

oh dude i didn't realize i was hurting your feelings. it's okay little buddy, i won't comment back. have a nice day XD

i won't comment back.

Promises, promises. I somehow doubt you'll keep this one, because your track record suggests you will continue to be a troll, but okay. :)

• History

i won't comment back.

Promises, promises. I somehow doubt you'll keep this one, but okay. :)

haha you're so obsessed you replied before i could even finish the joke. get a life mate

What you mean is: I am so quick-witted that I had my debunking of your point out before you could even put that 'joke' together. :)

Get a life, you say? I'm not the one who appeared out of nowhere the instant someone mentioned my name. I barely look at this place, and yet somehow whenever I do, there's always you being the same old troll.

You should, ahem, get a life instead. Me? I'm going to go for a dip in my hot tub!

• History

haha you're so obsessed you replied before i could even finish the joke. get a life mate

What you mean is: I am so quick-witted that I had my debunking of my point out before you could even put that 'joke' together. :)

Get a life, you say? I'm not the one who appeared out of nowhere the instant someone mentioned my name. I barely look at this place, and yet somehow whenever I do, there's always you being the same old troll.

You should, ahem, get a life instead. Me? I'm going to go for a dip in my hot tub!

Wolfie 7 years ago
Inter, Germany 94 1844

No way is Griezou a 100+ mil player. Hazard or Neymar..

Lodatz 7 years ago

@Wolfie:

I could see Griezmann going for that much, if either United or PSG are that desperate to get him. Whether anyone is worth that price, is another question...

Wolfie 7 years ago
Inter, Germany 94 1844

@Lod He's not as Marketable. And not as good of a player as Hazard or Neymar.. How could he be worth more than what Real paid for Cristiano. Tbf that was a long time ago. Wonder how much a young Cristiano would go in today's market. Crazy times.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

@Lodatz

I know this a bit far back but just wanted to respond to this:

Then why haven't they bought anyone from Chelsea, City or even United since 2009, despite those teams winning titles regularly and featuring some of the best players in the world at the time, whereas they've bought 2 players from Tottenham in the same period?

Real bought Ronaldo, and aside from him, Rooney, and possibly Vidic are the only players who would jump into Real's starting 11 during that period. The only Chelsea player who I could see doing the same would be Cech, Hazard, Fabregas, or Courtois - again either in positions that Real already has filled, or in the case of Fabregas, he got bought by Barcelona instead (I know he was a gunner then but whatever).

The only player in United/Chelsea right now who would jump into Real's 11 imo are the goalkeepers - and we know how hard Real tried to get De Gea.

The main problem with Real's transfer strategy imo is that they are very reactionary to tournaments, players such as Kroos, James, Navas, etc are examples of this. They want WORLDSTARS, not necessary the best players. I also feel like Real signs who the world perceives to be the best (for branding) as opposed to who is actually the best.

Lodatz 7 years ago

@Wolfie: Fair point.

@SunFlash:

Real bought Ronaldo, and aside from him, Rooney, and possibly Vidic are the only players who would jump into Real's starting 11 during that period.

I disagree with that. United had better players than Real in most positions until about 2013, but besides, we're not just talking about United. Would you say that none of the players of any of United, Chelsea or City would have improved that Real side? A Real who got spanked 4-0 by Liverpool in 2009?

C'mon, man. It wasn't until about 2013 onwards that Madrid became a step up for anyone among England's champions, and it took 85m to even prise Bale away from Tottenham.

The only player in United/Chelsea right now who would jump into Real's 11 imo are the goalkeepers - and we know how hard Real tried to get De Gea."

I agree with that now, but United are not title contenders right now. It's a different story if you start looking at the players that Chelsea, Spurs and City have. Now, Madrid are probably going to win the CL again this year (and first time in succession in god knows how long), so we're also talking about a team who have an incredible XI already.

But what I'm saying is that if Madrid DID come in with a 100m offer for, say, Harry Kane, it would be harder for Spurs to keep him than it would be for Chelsea to keep Hazard. When the Blues can match Madrid's wage offer, have no real need of a transfer fee windfall, just won the title (potentially a double) and are probably going to spend enormously in the summer as well, it's a different prospect than Tottenham trying to do the same.

That was just my point. Bale and Suarez were not only among the best (and I do agree that they were the best), but it also helped that they were at Spurs and Liverpool, who don't have the money or clout to lock a player down if their heads gets turned.

As for Real's overall strategy, well, I don't disagree, but I guess that Perez could say he's right, considering they'll likely bring home a double this season.

SunFlash 7 years ago Edited
USA 19 3260

I suppose I don't disagree with any of that. I don't think the players of, say, 2012 United were that great though, considering the dropoff after SAF left.

EDIT: What I meant by that was that United was a great team, whereas Real has always operated as a group of individuals.

• History

I suppose I don't disagree with any of that. I don't think the players of, say, 2013 United were that great though, considering the dropoff after SAF left.

I suppose I don't disagree with any of that. I don't think the players of, say, 2012 United were that great though, considering the dropoff after SAF left.