Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

First £100m player? Vote in the poll + discussion
_Gonzi_ 7 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

"27-year-old Gabon international Aubameyang has been linked with moves to the Premier League in the past a well as continental heavyweights PSG and Real Madrid.

According to the research, his age, position, contract status and traits make him the the most likely candidate to become the first in world-football to secure a £100m transfer." - b/r

Who do you think will be the first?

enter image description here

Comments
tuan_jinn 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Hazard seems to be extremely hard case again.

I see what's @Dynastian and @SunFlash and some other's opinions (against the idea that he's up there with Neymar and Griezmaan). You guys make valid points especially when it comes to Chelsea's system, CL's record and consistency. But, I must disagree again.

If we are talking about Market price now, we must look at this year performance, and Hazard undoubtedly among the best guys, he found his form back again, every game he plays he's a constant threat to the opponents. He is the BEST EPL's player IMO. Chelsea is dominating the league, he's having impressive stats which is comparable to all the other big names as @chelsea8 shows on his image (if not better).

He was EPL's best player, then choked, but it was the time the whole Chelsea choked too.

Sanchez has been Arsenal's best player, but on the other hand you could argue Arsenal would throw thing to him and see what he can do (since everyone else suck), Sanchez must work harder so does Hazard.

SunFlash

True, and this is one of the reasons why I believe Chelsea's defense is more important to their success than Hazard. Conte knows this, if Hazard really was a top 5 players, then you build around Hazard or at the very least let him loose. Conte does neither of those things, and Mourinho didn't either.

Grizemann & Atletico: isn't an attacking team either. So I dont think this argument is valid when comparing Hazard, Neymar and Griezmann.

If CL's experience is to determine this, uhmn then ok. Hazard seems to be on the weaker side

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I see what's @Dynastian and @SunFlash and some other's opinions (against the idea that he's up there with Neymar and Griezmaan). You guys make valid points especially when it comes to Chelsea's system, CL's record and consistency. But, I must disagree again.

If we are talking about Market price now, we must look at this year performance, and Hazard undoubtedly among the best guys, he found his form back again, every game he plays he's a constant threat to the opponents. Chelsea is dominating the league, he's having impressive stats which is comparable to all the other big names as @chelsea8 shows on his image (if not better).

He was EPL's best player, then choked, but it was the time the whole Chelsea choked too.

Sanchez has been Arsenal's best player, but on the other hand you could argue Arsenal would throw thing to him and see what he can do (since everyone else suck), Sanchez must work harder so does Hazard.

SunFlash

True, and this is one of the reasons why I believe Chelsea's defense is more important to their success than Hazard. Conte knows this, if Hazard really was a top 5 players, then you build around Hazard or at the very least let him loose. Conte does neither of those things, and Mourinho didn't either.

Grizemann & Atletico: isn't an attacking team either. So I dont think this argument is valid when comparing Hazard, Neymar and Griezmann

If we are talking about Market price now, we must look at this year performance, and Hazard undoubtedly among the best guys, he found his form back again, every game he plays he's a constant threat to the opponents. Chelsea is dominating the league, he's having impressive stats which is comparable to all the other big names as @chelsea8 shows on his image (if not better).

SunFlash

Grizemann & Atletico: isn't an attacking team either. So I dont think this argument is valid when comparing Hazard, Neymar and Griezmann.

If CL's experience is to determine this, uhmn then ok. Hazard seems to be on the weaker side

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Which team would pay 100 mil £ for Hazard?

Every single big team isn't much in need of an attacking player, maybe Manchester United but he isn't going there that's for sure.

Then which team would pay him more than 200 000 £ weekly?

He is not going anywhere.

If he mentions that any club is interested in him Conte will sign a new deal with him increasing his salary to 250 000 £ a week, any club that can bit higher than that? Don't think so.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

@tuan

I said this on the first page of the thread:

Maybe it's just Chelsea's defensive mindset. If he was on a team like Liverpool/Real/Dortmund/Barca etc, some team that attacks non-stop, I might think differently. But I doubt it. After all, I don't feel that way about Griezmann, and Atleti are defensive as hell. I also consider how players play for their national teams - Neymar carries his team to a WC semi, Griezmann to a Euro final, Hazard...doesn't even seem to be the main guy for Belgium, always gets outplayed by Lukaku or De Bruyne whenever I watch them play.

Golefty 7 years ago Edited
Toronto FC 27 1016

DOrtmund will only sell Auba to real or Barca apparently...

From obscurity in league 1 to one of most in demand striker in Europe. Love this guy,

Neymar , Auba , Suarez
or Ronaldo, Auba, bale

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4398174/Aubameyang-entertain-offers-Barcelona-Real.html

• History
chelsea8 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

@sun well considering that pogba cost a world record 90mill or something being 4th isn't great but he hasn't been as bad as some people say, most people don't have their own opinions they just jump on the bandwagon.

For me pogba has been good but he doesn't suit mourinho and he isn't the type that scores alot of goals.

Neymar and hazard have the ability to win you games with one moment of magic, i don't see other players on that list be able to do that.

Neymar and hazard are the only players worth the money but both aint going nowhere
enter image description here

• History

@sun well considering that pogba cost a world record 90mill or something being 4th isn't great but he hasn't been as bad as some people say, most people don't have their own opinions they just jump on the bandwagon.

For me pogba has been good but he doesn't suit mourinho and he isn't the type that scores alot of goals.

Neymar and hazard have the ability to win you games with one moment of magic, i don't see other players on that list be able to do that.

Dynastian98 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Chelsea8

Just to make it clear, I never rated Pogba that high after his first two Juventus seasons. He seemed to have abruptly stopped growing as a player, which is shocking because his first two seasons were so stellar. You can see now how good he really is when he isn't surrounded by Marchisio, Pirlo, and Vidal - not as good as anyone thought he was. To be fair, United didn't dish out all that money for just Pogba... they were trying to re-purchase an identity as well. Still, Pogba is laughably overpriced, and everyone (including United fans) knows it.

My other point is... when Gareth Bale was purchased by Real for 100 million Euros, he was by and far the best player in the Premier League. Not even close. When Cristiano Ronaldo was purchased for 94 million Euros, he was by and far the best player in the Premier League again. Same with Suarez when Barcelona purchased him. Nobody even came close. There just wasn't a discussion. But with Hazard? Are people sure he's the best player in the EPL? When I watch Chelsea, it's obvious that Hazard is the best player, but not by much. Costa still hounds the defense like a madman, and across the league you have Alexis (one-man offense), Harry Kane, Zlatan, Aguero, Silva, De Bruyne, and Lukaku. You can probably make a justifiable case for any of those guys to be the best player in the EPL.

When Madrid purchased Ronaldo/Bale and when Barcelona purchased Suarez, they were willing to dish out that much money because they knew fully well what they were buying: the cream of the crop in England. Suarez, Ronaldo, and Bale were by far the best player in the EPL before they left. I understand your perspective, but Hazard isn't on that pedestal of '06-'09 Ronaldo, '13 Bale, or '14 Suarez.... nowhere near. That is the level of talent that demands a world-record transfer fee.

(Pogba's transfer is an anomaly, please don't use that as a counter-argument).

• History

@Chelsea8

Just to make it clear, I never rated Pogba that high after his first two Juventus seasons. He seemed to have abruptly stopped growing as a player, which is shocking because his first two seasons were so stellar. You can see now how good he really is when he isn't surrounded by Marchisio, Pirlo, and Vidal - not as good as anyone thought he was. To be fair, United didn't dish out all that money for just Pogba... they were trying to re-purchase an identity as well. Still, Pogba is laughably overpriced, and everyone (including United fans) knows it.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

@dynastian agreed, but i still think that pogba will become one of the best midfielders.
i just don't think mourinhos style suits him and going from marchisio, pirlo and vidal to carrick herrera and fellaini isn't helping but i still see alot of potential in him.

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago

that squawka matrix card is useless. they all play different leagues. you have to take into consideration the football being played in every league. put neymar or hazard in italy, those stats would decrease dramatically.

Golefty 7 years ago Edited
Toronto FC 27 1016

Also stats dont tell the whole story, example
for a team like barca , neymar passing stats will be much higher than Griezemans, partly because of the different styles of football these teams play
what would be more accurate would be to compare the ratio of completed passed to attemted passes,
And griezemans possession stats seem way to low

• History

Also stats dont tell the whole story, example
for a team like barca , neymar passing stats will be much higher than Griezemans, partly because of the different styles of football these teams play

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

It also matters how much a team is putting all their cards on a player.
Example in Chelsea nobody pushes Hazard to score they all work for eachother, while Atletico Madrid is more dependent on Griezmann scoring and they feed him more crosses.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Atletico are not revolved around Griezmann... they swing more crosses his way, true, because that's what you do when you have a good target man. But their general offense does not revolve around Griezmann.

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago

atletico's offense attacks as a unit. crosses go to griezmann solely because he's the striker. if torres plays, the crosses go his way. atletico do not depend on griezmann, he's dispensable to atleti, they can replace him with any striker, and they've done it before. but i don't know what atleti games some of you are watching, because he's not the focal point of the team.

tiki_taka 7 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Judging Hazard on his stats is not just enough, the impact he has on rivals is Huge this season, he takes complicated balls near the throw in line, cover the ball and offer a good pass to a creative mid, he harasses defenders taking energy and confidence from them, pretty explosive dribbler and has good passing attributes, good in one-touch ball and having such a static lone striker to turn around in static build ups is not really a gift, Costa is more comfortable running into spaces or intercepting crosses but in static build ups Hazard does the job...
Hazard has some Iniesta old duties and I believe he isn't used 100% of his attacking potential, but then again the most important is the balance of the team and win percentage.
I prefer him to Sanchez if I had the chance to choose one of the 2, not underrating Sanchez tho...

Atletico this season lost a little of their grinta " a little ", Grizou looks a little sufficient despite spreading his class all around the field, i prefered Simeone's hungry gem, now he has to deal with a status, manage his efforts to avoid injuries and victory doesnt look as vital as before. Btw it's whole Atleti squad case. Doesnt make anything away from their potential but I don't see them reaching CL final despite the free pass in quarters...

• History

Judging Hazard on his stats is not just enough, the impact he has on rivals is Huge this season, he takes complicated balls near the throw in line, cover the ball and offer a good pass to a creative mid, he harasses defenders taking energy and confidence from them, pretty explosive dribbler and has good passing attributes, good in one-touch ball and having such a static lone striker to turn around in static build ups is not really a gift, Costa is more comfortable running into spaces or intercepting crosses but in static build ups Hazard does the job...
Hazard has some Iniesta old duties and I believe he isn't used 100% of his attacking potential, but then again the most important is the balance of the team and win percentage.
I prefer him to Sanchez if I had the chance to choose one of the 2, not underrating Sanchez tho...

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

@ tiki very well said mate, your analysing is spot on +1

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago

you prefer hazard over sanchez. if i had that choice, i'd go with sanchez every single time. he always gives his 100%. every season. hazard last season? how can you forget. just based on work rate i'd go with sanchez.

+1 for me

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Hazard had an hip injury last season, and probably unmotivateted because mourinho and the team had different ways of thinking and it didn't work out, you can't just blame hazard for our bad season.

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago

no i get that. i'm not blaming hazard for anything, but i'm not not blaming him either. every player had a part in it. but this forum discussion is about young prospects that can reach the 100 million mark. sanchez is an established player already, experienced, multiple finals played. i'll just leave it at that.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@Gonzi The fact Sanchez is linked to Juventus and is a south americain propably have nothing to do with your preference, right? ;D

@Madridista Hum, you might be right on that at least. I guess Spurs would propably fight more to keep Kane than Everton would fight to keep Lukaku though, if that make any sense. :)

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Honestly Sanchez was a beast at Udinese and said that he only wants to play in Barcelona. That move slowed him down alot, if he had moved to Juventus back then, he would have been even better today.

Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

@Emobot That has to do with the players attitude off the pitch. We know which player is know for being the diva between the two, that has nothing to do with on-field performance.