Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

EPL season 2022/23 Discussion Thread
_Pelle_ 1 year ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6884

EPL will restart 26/12 and I thought we could have a thread about basically anything that has to do with this season. Something similar to Emobots world cup thread.

I’ll start with a poll…

Which team will most likely fail to reach top 4:

Comments
_Pelle_ 12 months ago

Arsenal-Chelsea…

Should be a great game but honestly… because of Lampard I can’t imagine Chelsea winning.

Lampards stats as manager last 19 games.
1 win 2 draws 16 losses

Goal difference 11-37

Bro is on an another level when it comes to sucking as a manager. I’d argue he’s having a worse time than Neville as a Valencia coach.

On the other hand Arsenal has been poor lately so I’d put my money on a draw.

_Pelle_ 12 months ago

My previous comment was an understatement.

38 minutes Arsenal up 3-0…

Lampard is a legend as a player but he might seriously get sacked as an interim coach. Will it be a third time?

Footy_watch 12 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1856

Chelsea will be very lucky to not lose every game because they are playing the best teams.

But our game was so bad we only scored 3 and conceded. Terrible and we wouldn't win the league even if we was ahead of city with the same number of games played.

Gennady 12 months ago
Manchester United 284 3961

enter image description here

4 matches to go (for many teams) this is gonna be very close. Was a great season. Kind of hope Chelsea will get relegated lol

Algerino 12 months ago
Napoli, Algeria 6 845

You cant complain about the competitiveness of epl. Compared to the other big leaugues

quikzyyy 12 months ago
Arsenal 429 9002

that relegation battle is complete bloodbath

DarthFooty 12 months ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1098

Mathematically, Chelsea can still get relegated. If they dropped the rest of their matches and others play their part, they would be on the drop.

How much did they spend these last two transfer windows? haha

Arsenal, Brazil 23 1856

Mathematically, Chelsea can still get relegated.

Unfortunately Tuchel did enough to keep Chelsea up. I think Chelsea will finish 14th on 39pts or 40pts at most.
They would need the other teams to all have a title winning run to get relegated and that's not happening sadly.

Arsenal, Brazil 23 1856

Relegation prediction:
Southampton, Everton, Leicester.

Emobot7 12 months ago
538 11432

Yeah, Chelsea isn't getting relegated even if they lose all their remaining games which honestly shouldn't happen but we'll see.

I mean, all of Leicester, Nottingham Forest and Leeds would need to win 3 out of their 4 last games, this ain't happening.

Team that still could get relegated imho are Southampton, Everton, Leicester, Nottingham Forest, Leeds and potentially West Ham. Wolves are save for me with 7 point over the last team in the relegation zone.

Remaining games for all those team:

Southampton: Nottingham Forest away, Fulham at home, Brighton away, Liverpool at home. Could get 3 to 6 points maximum.

Everton: Brighton away, City at home, Wolves away, Bournermouth at home. Could get 3 to 4 points at most imo.

Nottingham Forest: Southampton at home, Chelsea away, Arsenal at home, Crystal Palace away. Could get 6 to 7 points at most.

Leeds: City away, Newcastle at home, West Ham away, Tottenham at home. Could get 2 to 5 points at most.

Leicester: Fulham away, Liverpool at home, Newcastle away and West Ham at home. Could get 4 to 6 point at most.

For me, Nottingham Forest are best placed to evade relegation, the only team it would be unrealistic to see them get some point against are Arsenal otherwise, they can win or draw against most of the other they still play.

I think Leicester is gonna edge it over Leeds thanks to their better goal difference and especially if they manage to get the full 3 points against Fulham.

My prediction for the relegated teams are: Southampton, Everton and Leeds.

quikzyyy 12 months ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Big Sam

Algerino 12 months ago Edited
Napoli, Algeria 6 845

I think Everton and Leeds will be relegated. The former is just bad and the latter has the hardest schedule. Then it’s between Southampton and Nottingham. That game will be the most important of their season.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I think Everton and Leeds will be relegated Leeds. The former is just bad and the latter has the hardest schedule. Then it’s between Southampton and Nottingham. That game will be the most important of their season.

Footy_watch 12 months ago Edited
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1856

I think Sam allardyce will keep Leeds up even though they have tough fixtures.

Well actually they have easy matches against West ham and Tottenham so that's at least 6 points so I'm confident Leeds will stay up.

• History

I think Sam allardyce will keep Leeds up even though they have tough fixtures

Arsenal, Brazil 23 1856

A lot of freak results today, city only winning by one goal, Chelsea scoring more than one whilst winning and spurs winning.

quikzyyy 12 months ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Actually, the more times passes and the more games City wins with their monstrous squad with unlimited budget, breaking all ffp rules the less I'm pissed. The quality and size of their squad is just on a league above anyone else

Footy_watch 12 months ago Edited
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1856

The quality and size of their squad is just on a league above anyone else

That doesn't matter. It wasn't the quality of their squad which made us drop points against teams we are expected to win. You are letting the loser mentality of the club get the better of you.

Look at our game today, we would've beaten Liverpool West ham Southampton if Arteta played our world cup first team CB Kiwior and the best LB in the world Tierney and Trossard. We would've won the league!!!

Arteta not choosing our best players when it's clear how bad players like zinchenko and holding are is unacceptable! Everyone can see that zinchenko can't defend!

Arteta is still forcing bad players into the first team. Saka shouldn't have started any of our last 6 games, trossard our most in form attacker shouldve started every game.

• History

The quality and size of their squad is just on a league above anyone else

That doesn't matter. It wasn't the quality of their squad which made us drop points against teams we are expected to win. You are letting the loser mentality of the club get the better of you.

Look at our game today, we would've beaten Liverpool West ham Southampton if Arteta played our world cup first team CB Kiwior and the best LB in the world Tierney and Trossard. We would've won the league!!!

Arteta not choosing our best players when it's clear how bad players like zinchenko and holding are is unacceptable! Everyone can see that zinchenko can't defend!

_Pelle_ 12 months ago

Did you people see how the refs and VAR did not call penalty for handball against Man Utd 45th minute of the first half?

Was it correct to not give penalty to West Ham or not?

I’m confused but I think there should have been a penalty.

Some say the ball hit the hand, that was along the body. But the players elbow was far out and there was a movement with the arm.

Arsenal, Brazil 23 1856

Was it correct to not give penalty to West Ham or not?

The referee would've given the penalty if he went to check the replay but they wanted man utd to have a chance to come-back.

It was a penalty because he moved his arm towards the ball. If he kept his arm tucked in then it wouldn't have hit his arm.

Emobot7 12 months ago
538 11432

@Pelle I don't know about the penalty incident but West Ham clearly didn't needed that to win considering how De Gea performance keep on degrading the closer we are getting to the end of the season.

More seriously, United need to watch out because Liverpool is getting closer to them and potentially in a position where they could steal their CL spot if they keep on being inconsistent in the remaining games of the season.

Arsenal, Brazil 23 1856

Brighton 1-5 Everton!!!!

Funny thing is us and man city are facing these teams this weekend.

This gives me a little more hope Everton can beat city!!!