Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

EPL season 2022/23 Discussion Thread
_Pelle_ 1 year ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6884

EPL will restart 26/12 and I thought we could have a thread about basically anything that has to do with this season. Something similar to Emobots world cup thread.

I’ll start with a poll…

Which team will most likely fail to reach top 4:

Comments
Emobot7 1 year ago
538 11429

Conte, Rodgers, and Potter out within 3 weeks. That's the Premier League.

Funny this happen all the while Bayern suddenly sacked Nagelsmann. The fact both Chelsean and Tottenham want him as their new manager make me think this isn't completely random though.

As for Footywatch, while its true he tend to change his mind easily, I do think Potter case was peculiar case, I mean, on one hand, the situation with Potter wasn't perfect to put him in the best position so more time might have been enough to change the dynamic but on the other hand, as time passed, it look more and more evident that he wasn't gonna take Chelsea anywhere this season.

I mean, I was willing to say he deserved more time too, at least for Reece-James to come back from injury. But here the thing, James been back and the results still weren't good enough.

_Pelle_ 1 year ago

But seriously… I think the managers get too much of the blame. How many have Chelsea fired these last years? It’s ridiculous.

I also think that Potter is one of those coaches that tend to do well in average epl teams but not in the top clubs. I think he will be back in a team like Bournemouth, Nottingham or Stoke.

Also… the relegation battle this year is insane.

DarthFooty 1 year ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1095

Relegation Battle: 8 teams within two games of each other. The final push will be one for the books.

Footy_watch 1 year ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1853

This was you a month ago:

LOL that doesn't go against what I said because he took Chelsea on a relegation level run. Even if you are in transition the form shouldn't reach such bad levels.

Footy_watch 1 year ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1853

But seriously… I think the managers get too much of the blame. How many have Chelsea fired these last years? It’s ridiculous.

The players are at fault but it's difficult to sack many players and changing managers every season is how Chelsea have had great success in the 21st century.

Footy_watch 1 year ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1853

Lampard set to be the manager until the end or the season for Chelsea, that's worse than keeping potter 🤦‍♂️🤣🤣

quikzyyy 1 year ago
Arsenal 429 9002

total cost of Potter’s entire contract at a staggering £59million

Footy_watch 1 year ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1853

59 million, a job well done for himself then

quikzyyy 1 year ago
Arsenal 429 9002

21 was to Brighton, few millions were to his staff as well, but yep, Potter really did better than people think, he can now enjoy lifelong vacation

_Pelle_ 1 year ago

Chelsea is a trainwreck atm

Footy_watch 1 year ago Edited
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1853

Another big example of matchfixing in the Brighton game today. They were disallowed two legal goals and a mitoma penalty.
The first one mitoma controls the ball with his shoulder and the second one the deflection was off the upper leg, not the hand which was close to the leg. I just can't stand the corruption of officials.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Another big example of matchfixing in the Brighton game today. The first one mitoma controls the ball with his shoulder and the second one the deflection was off the upper leg, not the hand which was close to the leg. I just can't stand the corruption of officials.

Another big example of matchfixing in the Brighton game today. They were disallowed two legal goals.
The first one mitoma controls the ball with his shoulder and the second one the deflection was off the upper leg, not the hand which was close to the leg. I just can't stand the corruption of officials.

quikzyyy 1 year ago
Arsenal 429 9002

fucking joke

Footy_watch 1 year ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1853

Pregame prediction Liverpool 2-5 Arsenal

Footy_watch 1 year ago Edited
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1853

I'm so angry that was one of our worst games of the season. Arteta was 0/10 zinchenko needed to come off long ago, he was a complete liability. Liverpool are so poor its unbelievable, what were they playing for they have no chance to achieve anything this season and yet Arteta allowed Liverpool to stay in the game.

I'm so angry. It's like an opponent leaving their goal open and your manager making defensive changes and allowing his team to sit back when they can easily defeat the opponent. Unbelievable.

• History

I'm so angry that was one of our worst games of the season. Arteta was 0/10 zinchenko needed to come off long ago, he was a complete liability. Liverpool are so poor its unbelievable what we're they playing for they have no chance to achieve anything this season and yet Arteta allowed Liverpool to stay in the game.

I'm so angry. It's like an opponent leaving their goal open and your manager making defensive changes and allowing his team to sit back when they can easily defeat the opponent. Unbelievable.

_Pelle_ 1 year ago

Horrible refs during Brighton-Tottenham.

I must say Arsenal is very very slowly losing the grip on the 1st place.

And Im curious what will happen to the ref that elbowed Robertson.

_Pelle_ 1 year ago

Man City - Arsenal 26/4 🫣

Emobot7 1 year ago
538 11429

What even worse with all those refs mistake is that even their own people at the top concede they are mistakes, they even send excuse letters and stuff, I mean, either refuse to address them as mistakes or take responsibilty and demote refs who make them.

Right now, they are just looking bad on all sides.

The worst parts is those are not even the worse refs in the European top flight, they are just those we see the most of.

Footy_watch 1 year ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1853

either refuse to address them as mistakes or take responsibilty and demote refs who make them.

They won't do that because they are corrupt and this further proves that there's matchfixing. I wonder how many title winners won due to matchfixing.

quikzyyy 1 year ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

FA will do anything they can so their golden boy can play in champions league, matchfixing was here, is here and will always be here same as in other leagues like in Serie A and so on..

• History

FA will do anything they can so their golden boy can play in champions league, matchfixing is was here, is and will always be here same as in other leagues like in Serie A and so on..

Emobot7 1 year ago Edited
538 11429

They won't do that because they are corrupt and this further proves that there's matchfixing. I wonder how many title winners won due to matchfixing.

Well, at the very least, I think we can agree they were teams who won the league thanks to referee incompetence at the very least.

Just need to check the season where City won it by 1 point over Liverpool and they won a game 1-0 against Everton where one of their player actually controlled the ball with his hand in the surface and got away completely free.

• History

Well, at the very least, I think we can agree there were who win the league thanks to referee incompetence at the very least. Just need to check the season where City won it by 1 point over Liverpool and they won a game 1-0 against Everton where one of their player actually controlled the ball with his hand in the surface and got away completely free.