Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

EPL season 2022/23 Discussion Thread
_Pelle_ 1 year ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

EPL will restart 26/12 and I thought we could have a thread about basically anything that has to do with this season. Something similar to Emobots world cup thread.

I’ll start with a poll…

Which team will most likely fail to reach top 4:

Comments
Footy_watch 1 year ago Edited
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1858

I expected it to be an easy win but our mistakes allowed man utd to stay in the game. Im still waiting for us to repay the 8-2 beating.

Now we've won the league.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I expected it to be an easy win but our mistakes allowed man utd to stay in the game. Im still waiting for us to repay the 8-2 beating.

iHEARTfootball 1 year ago Edited
Manchester United 38 1000

Yeah, was definitely a tough game to watch, but overall pretty proud of the boys for keeping their composure at the end of, what I'd call a dominant match by Arsenal, in terms of possession and hunger. City's catching up slowly however, so better watch out. For us, this is progress under Ten Hag. Much much better than any other managers we've had post Fergie. Hands down.

• History

Yeah, was definitely a tough game to watch, but overall pretty proud of the boys for keeping their composure at the end of, what I'd call a dominant match by Arsenal, in terms of possession and hunger. City's catching up slowly however, so better watch out. For us, however, this is progress.

Emobot7 1 year ago Edited
538 11432

What a game though. Rashford and Saka with such amazing strike, both of them could be puskas contender honestly. United shouldn't be ashamed, they putted up a great performance against a very rampant Arsenal team. I agree with iHEARTfootball that this United side is looking a lot better than under any other managers I've seen recently. Honestly, those games between City, United and Arsenal are really entertaining.

For Arsenal, I still think Ramsdale a bit soft like Sunflash once said. He need to work up on his decision making a bit. Second goal from United was a on him.

• History

What a game though. Rashford and Saka with such amazing strike, both of them could be puskas contender honestly. United shouldn't be ashamed, they putted up a great performance against a very rampant Arsenal team. I agree with iHEARTfootball that this United side is looking a lot better than under any other manager I've seen recently. Honestly, those games between City, United and Arsenal are really entertaining.

For Arsenal, I still think Ramsdale a bit soft like Sunflash once said. He need to work up on his decision making a bit. Second goal from United was a bit on him.

What a game though. Rashford and Saka with such amazing strike, both of them could be puskas contender honestly. United shouldn't be ashamed, they putted up a great performance against a very rampant Arsenal team. I agree with iHEARTfootball that this United side is looking a lot better than under any other managers I've seen recently. Honestly, those games between City, United and Arsenal are really entertaining.

For Arsenal, I still think Ramsdale a bit soft like Sunflash once said. He need to work up on his decision making a bit. Second goal from United was a bit on him.

Algerino 1 year ago
Napoli, Algeria 6 845

Wait til Newcastle starts flexing their financial muscles.

Its going to be a City vs magpies rivalry in epl lol. El cashico

DarthFooty 1 year ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

City vs magpies rivalry in epl lol. El cashico

LOL

Emobot7 1 year ago
538 11432

Its going to be a City vs magpies rivalry in epl lol. El cashico

This might just be one of the greatest line I read on there for real.

Footy_watch 1 year ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1858

It looks like Chelsea will win the league next season with all the top players they are signing. I want us to win the league back to back but Chelsea won't let that happen

_Pelle_ 1 year ago Edited

Newcastle has been doing exceptionally well. If they do flex their muscles people will start hating on them like they hate PSG.

As for Chelsea. I don’t think they’ll be able to win it anytime soon. You simply can’t buy good team chemistry. I know. I’ve seen it too many times in UCL.

• History

Newcastle been doing exceptionally well. If they do flex their muscles people will start hating on them like they hate PSG.

As for Chelsea. I don’t think they’ll be able to win it anytime soon. You simply can’t buy good team chemistry. I know. I’ve seen it too many times in UCL.

Emobot7 1 year ago
538 11432

About Chelsea, this a comment I've seen on reddit soccer but apparently, what Boehly is currently doing with them is very similar to what he did when he became co-owner of the Los Angeles Dodgers, the Major League Baseball team. He spent very heavily once he started and gradually reduced the expense as time went on.

The results there were apparently very good in the long term, the team has become one of the best in their division. Sadly, I can't really say any more because I know next to nothing about Baseball.

But here the thing, it will be quite interesting to see if this method work with a top football team in the most competitive league in the world.

I honestly think it will produce good results next season or the one after once the new recruit glue together and get used to the PL level but that it might not be as easy to maintain than in baseball. The problem for me is that thing move fast in football and there so many big teams to compete with. Long term project require stability and the PL is one of the most unstable football environement Boehly could start with. I wish him and Chelsea luck but right now, I'm not convinced his plan will work as he would expect.

Footy_watch 1 year ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1858

I have to watch Chelsea matches now. They have too many exciting signings.

Footy_watch 1 year ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1858

I predict we will win the title by the 33rd game.

_Pelle_ 1 year ago

Man City-Arsenal will be the game people will look back at as the defining moment… when it comes to who the Champions will be.

Footy_watch 1 year ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1858

As I predicted when I saw jorginho, 3-1 to City. Jorginho was one of our best players ironically though.

We always crumble under pressure. For this reason the title is over even though we have a game in hand because we will crumble again under pressure.
ARTETA OUT

_Pelle_ 1 year ago

Jassim Bin Hamad Al Thani as the new Manchester United owner? lol… I wonder who their fans would prefer.

iHEARTfootball 1 year ago

As long as it's not the Glazers, I'm good.

quikzyyy 1 year ago
Arsenal 429 9002

United fans happy for Oil takeover after blaming City for their oil money is bit ironic. This league will be just sportwashing puppet for rich people.

iHEARTfootball 1 year ago Edited

United fans happy for Oil takeover after blaming City for their oil money is bit ironic. This league will be just sportwashing puppet for rich people.

I'm not defending nor justifying myself, as a fan. Whether it's that oil nation, or the fken King of Wakanda; so long as it's not the Glazers and they want to bring the club back to its glory days, I'm all in. Time's are changing and opinions can change if the Qatari owner (if successful) does good for us. And for a start, it's at least good to hear that the he's actually a fan of the club, unlike that wrinkled gronk who's face looks like a thumb with pubes glued to his head (Avram Glazer)..

Also, the league has been a strip house for the rich since Abramovich took over Chelsea. Nothing's new here.

• History

I'm not defending nor justifying myself, as a fan. Whether it's that oil nation, or the fken King of Wakanda; so long as it's not the Glazers and they want to bring the club back to its glory days, I'm all in. Time's are changing and opinions can change if the Qatari owner (if successful) does good for us. And for a start, it's at least good to hear that the he's actually a fan of the club, unlike that wrinkled gronk who's face looks like a thumb with pubes glued on his head (Avram Glazer)..

Also, the league has been a strip house for the rich since Abramovich took over Chelsea. Nothing's new here.

quikzyyy 1 year ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I agree with the points here, I'm just wondering, so many Unied fans were saying how they hate this oil clubs and would never want the same to happen to United and here we are

Footy_watch 1 year ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1858

Thankfully our cushion at the top is restored. Our games against city were never defining. City are not worthy of the title.

iHEARTfootball 1 year ago

I never rated Potter as an elite manager. Never will. Wrong man for the job. Too much of a 'yes' man like Southgate. Chelsea don't work with yes-men.

Said this a month ago, and mind hasn't changed. This just keeps getting worse for Chelsea, under Potter.

Arguments like, he needs the summer break to start things fresh, isn't going to help because he's literally been spoon-fed with a boatload is serious talents over January. What else does he need for preparation??

I don't see any progress under this man, lol. It's like Chelsea's progression has been put on pause since Tuchel got sacked. Once again, he's the wrong man for the job. I dislike Chelsea but now I'm feeling sorry for their fans, lol.