Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

EPL season 2022/23 Discussion Thread
_Pelle_ 1 year ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

EPL will restart 26/12 and I thought we could have a thread about basically anything that has to do with this season. Something similar to Emobots world cup thread.

I’ll start with a poll…

Which team will most likely fail to reach top 4:

Comments
Footy_watch 1 year ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1842

There's no way a team with so many new players who were doing badly can have much of change in the same season just from hiring a new manager. Potter should be given the whole of next season to see if he's the right man.

Emobot7 1 year ago
538 11426

Don't forget that all those new player aren't miracle fix for a team in trouble, those new players need both time to adapt to a new league for most them and to learn to play together. Those new players should be given time to get into the team at their own pace but with the pricetag for some of them, its not possible.

Getting all those reinforcement really doesn't make Potter job any easier imho. Not saying he's the man of the job but if I could be any manager at a top English club, I wouldn't want to be him.

_Pelle_ 1 year ago

What’s going on with Chelsea… what’s going on with their offense…

They absolutely stink…

And all the money they spent lately isn’t helping atm…

Emobot7 1 year ago
538 11426

@Pelle Well no doubt in my mind that Chelsea new owner is favoring a long term project, they signed so many younger players for long term contract, they clearly are gearing up for the future.

This is what weird here, Chelsea and most other PL club don't spend so much on player that might pay off in the future. They much rather invest in immediate success.

Seem to me like Boehly is trying to mix up both what Arsenal and City have been doing in recent years by signing lots of young players who can help the club for a long time (like Arsenal) without much worry for the cost (like City or older Chelsea).

It might be weird with the insane amount of money spend but I'm pretty sure the name of the game with this Chelsea isn't ''immediate success''. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure Potter would have been gone since a long time already seeing this team results since the start of the year.

Footy_watch 1 year ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1842

We are destined to be champions this season, unbelievable performance by Nelson. He should clearly be in our first team.

_Pelle_ 1 year ago

Chelsea is not the best club to develop young players to become stars imo. We’ve seen that too often… they are like Man I
Utd have been the previous several years. Spending a lot of money and reaching little success.

_Pelle_ 1 year ago

@Footy_watch

Fergie time 😂😉

Emobot7 1 year ago
538 11426

Chelsea is not the best club to develop young players to become stars imo.

Actually, Chelsea academy has alway been very good but they never build projects behind their prospect before because the older board was alway focused on instant success.

Thats what interesting right now about this Chelsea, its not based on the old board or they way of doing things, Boehly changed a lot of things at the club already and to me, it seem like he wanna try something different that Abramovich did.

As many other things, we'll have to wait to be sure but I get the feeling thats what he trying to do, to change the way Chelsea fonction on the long term.

_Pelle_ 1 year ago

Liverpool - Manchester United 7-0

Which emoji describes the result best?

Algerino 1 year ago
Napoli, Algeria 6 844

why do we have to scroll to the latest comment?

Footy_watch 1 year ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1842

Best weekend as an Arsenal fan in decades. Finally man utd get obliterated and by a weak Liverpool side. Dream come true!!! 🤩

Emobot7 1 year ago
538 11426

@Algerino

why do we have to scroll to the latest comment?

To make your finger strong, thats why!!!

As for United vs Liverpool, I got no word, I mean, its not even a case of Liverpool playing terribly well, to me, it seem like United just forgot how to defend, embarassing stuff honestly. Still hard to believe it just happen.

I mean, it had to be a case of United underestimating Liverpool and also still being euphoric from the win in the League Cup. Surely it has to be right? No other explanation.

I know derby don't care about form but no way that United side that was going stronger and stronger as week passed could get destroyed by this season Liverpool side otherwise, right?

_Pelle_ 1 year ago Edited

Best manager this season so far?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Best manager this season?

Footy_watch 1 year ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1842

Sevenhag can't be in contention for manager of the season after that annihilation by a poor Liverpool team.

Emobot7 1 year ago
538 11426

Harsh from Crystal Palace to sack Vierra even though they clearly aren't all that safe. Hope he can get another job soon, from what I seen from him, he's a top lad.

_Pelle_ 12 months ago

If it’s not Man Utd Liverpool have no business beating a Manchester team…

Emobot7 12 months ago
538 11426

@Pelle Honestly, I think this Liverpool team has some massive mentality issue right now. The game looked pretty fair even at 2-1 but the third goal from City completely broke them. Its like they can't take as much between collapsing mentally. Can't win against the tougher team with that kind of issue.

Also, United losing to Newcastle really relaunching the competition for that top four finish.

And finally, surprised to see Potter finally getting the sack. I mean, they waited a really long time for it, should have come faster. Can't really see who they will hire which could have enough of an immediate effect to reverse the situation but we'll see.

Footy_watch 12 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1842

I cant believe it took this long to sack Potter when they were so impulsive in the transfer market.

iHEARTfootball 12 months ago
Manchester United 38 1000

For both T.Boehly's and G. Potter's sake, this was unfortunately inevitable for both parties.

Potter's a decent manager but his profile and personality just simply mismatches with Chelsea's ethos, as a club. Potter was a fool to not realise, soon enough, that he was a fool to think he could take over Tuchel's place. Man, his press conferences were so similar to when Moyes was Man United's manager. Idk, in my opinion, Potter went to the wrong club, at the wrong time. He should've stayed in Brighton, for his own sake. Can't say the same for Brighton though. Don't think they miss him terribly, lol.

Conte, Rodgers, and Potter out within 3 weeks. That's the Premier League.

iHEARTfootball 12 months ago
Manchester United 38 1000

I cant believe it took this long to sack Potter when they were so impulsive in the transfer market.

This was you a month ago:

There's no way a team with so many new players who were doing badly can have much of change in the same season just from hiring a new manager. Potter should be given the whole of next season to see if he's the right man.

lol