Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

EPL season 2022/23 Discussion Thread
_Pelle_ 1 year ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

EPL will restart 26/12 and I thought we could have a thread about basically anything that has to do with this season. Something similar to Emobots world cup thread.

I’ll start with a poll…

Which team will most likely fail to reach top 4:

Comments
iHEARTfootball 12 months ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Stellini sacked

Stellini staying NEVER made sense to me. He was Conte's right-hand man. It would've made more sense for him to leave alongside him. But yeah, Spurs are in a big mess right now too. I don't see them in the Top 4 place. 20+ years with no silverware, ooofftt.

I want to also point out that this Todd Boehly fellow continues to impress me with how little he knows about the DNA of Chelsea. Pochettino joining Chelsea?! It's like his time at PSG all over again. I like Poch but I just can't see his personality fitting in with Chelsea's ethos, as a club. I think Enrique would be a solid appointment.

Emobot7 12 months ago
538 11432

Stellini sacked

Feel like they kept him around as a cheap short term replacement to Conte with the possibility of being long term (or at least till the end of the season) if he did good.

@iHEARTfootball Tbf, Luis Enrique and Poch have similar issue in the sense their highest ceiling in particular situation have been very high (Luis Enrique at Barca, Poch at Tottenham in the long term) but has also had flop (Poch at PSG, Enrique with the Spain NT).

At the very least, Poch has some experience with coaching in England, so maybe that why they favored him over Enrique. I'm still not a big fan of the appointement if it does happen but right now, no matter who the coach is at Chelsea, I think the job will be very complicated unless they manage to offload some players next summer.

At the very least, Poch has some experience with coaching in England, so maybe that why they favored him over Enrique. I'm still not a big fan of the appointement if it does happen but right now, no matter who the coach is at Chelsea, I think the job will be very complicated unless they manage to offload some players next summer.

If Poch does get appointed manager for Chelsea, I think Boehly's will shoot himself in the foot again, here. I just don't see Poch and Chelsea aligning. There are quite a few big egos in that club, and we all saw how Poch dealt wih egos at PSG. Idk, even if he's not experienced yet, I believe Enrique has already proven himself to at least get a shot at managing in the premier league. Where else but Chelsea (think Spurs might also be worth a shot for Enrique but that place is a poison chalice)

_Pelle_ 12 months ago Edited

The way people talk about PSG and Poch😅

Stellini confused me when he was appointed, and it confused me when he was sacked. He must have beaten some kind of record.

btw game of the year is about to kick off… haven’t been this nervous watching an epl game in a long time🫣😵‍💫

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

The way people talk about PSG☠️

Stellini confused me when he was appointed, and it confused me when he was sacked. He must have beaten some kind of record.

btw game of the year is about to kick off… haven’t been this nervous watching an epl game in a long time🫣😵‍💫

_Pelle_ 12 months ago

OK… not going to watch second half.

Congrats Man City to the epl title…😏

Footy_watch 12 months ago Edited
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1858

not going to watch second half

Why not, its fun to watch a team get thrashed.

Same story with city vs arsenal, its just so unbearingly boring at this point. The loser bottler Arsenal players haven't tried at all, they are happy to accept 2nd.

Arteta and his team are a joke. I want Haaland to score, so far its only 3-0.

• History

not going to watch second half

Why not, its fun to watch a team get thrashed.

Same story with city vs arsenal, its just so unbearingly boring at this point. The loser bottler Arsenal players haven't tried at all, they are happy to accept 2nd.

I'm going on loan to City again, Arteta and his team are a joke. I want Haaland to score, so far its only 3-0.

Footy_watch 12 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1858

Watch how we drop points to Chelsea, they are the worst team in the league right now, even worse than Southampton because they have nothing to play for.

I cant wait for Arteta and the loser players to get sacked

_Pelle_ 12 months ago

It was boys vs men

Emobot7 12 months ago Edited
538 11432

KdB is just a class above the rest, he ripped Arsenal apart imho in those game.

• History

KdB is just a class apart, he ripped Arsenal apart imho in those game.

Arsenal, Brazil 23 1858

Just saw a video where we have spent the longest time in 1st place without winning the league. We are the biggest bottlers of the league!!!

The top 5 longest time in 1st without winning the title:
1) Arsenal 93% season 22/23
2) Arsenal 71% season 02/03
3) Arsenal 57% season 07/08
4) Liverpool 51% season 18/19
5) Arsenal 48% season 13/14

Arsenal, Brazil 23 1858

Actually we are not the biggest bottlers of the title thankfully. In 2011/12 man utd were 8 points ahead of city with 6 games to go and they were winning a game at home by 2 goals which they drew. City won the title on goal difference.

quikzyyy 12 months ago
Arsenal 429 9002

but still bottlers, sadly. fucked it up same way like in leicester season

_Pelle_ 12 months ago

Man the pain… I’ve always supported Arsenal in epl and to see them bottle this season the way they’ve done it these last rounds is sad.

_Pelle_ 12 months ago Edited

btw did you guys watch Liverpool-Tottenham… what an ending to the game!

• History

btw did you guys watch Liverpool-Tottenham… what at ending to the game!

_Pelle_ 12 months ago

Was Liverpool-Tottenham the game of the season?

Arsenal, Brazil 23 1858

Spurs maintaining their standards of being the bottler team. How can you comeback from 3-0 down and still lose 🤦‍♂️

Arsenal, Brazil 23 1858

Just saw the highlights and the winner Jota shouldve git a red for his studs and high foot. But this is justice for the referees giving spurs a win against Brighton.

Algerino 12 months ago
Napoli, Algeria 6 845

lol there is never anything for Spurs to bottle 😂

DarthFooty 12 months ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

I have to agree with Footy_watch on the Jota card. He should not have been on the field after that challenge.