Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Man Utd vs Real - Your Complaints Here
Tuanis 11 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

I wasnt expecting Man utd fans to complain that much so i wanted to hear their arguments for both sides. The ref's decisions were questionable, the red card was a game changer and anyone who says it wasnt probably didnt watch the game. Lets here what both RM and United fans have to say. 

In my opinion, no red card no RM win. But well if the red card was deserved then RM had a deserved win.

Ill be on my Football depression shelter for about a week so Ill sign off the forums for a while :( @Believe

So lets here what you guys have to say...

Comments
Believe 11 years ago
Feyenoord, Mali 0 8

"Football is not about who deserved it the most but instead it is about the one who manages to take advantage of the adversity and opportunities... "

onenil 11 years ago
Arsenal, United States 6 91

I don't know. It was harsh but it was a violent foul, studs straight at his chest, and Nani's not unknown for such aggressiveness. No intent is needed. His expression when being sent off spoke volumes as to his knowledge that he had seriously fucked up--he looked like he knew and understood, until Fergie got the crowd riled up.

I'll admit I'm partisan, but changing rules just for an important player in an important game would not be the way to go. What if it had been any old EPL match?

And the abuse and near violence of the Man U players toward the ref at the end was scary and very disturbing. Just accept it and wait for next year.

20ROBINVANPERSIE 11 years ago
Manchester United, England 26 349

@quikzyyy i already said rm should of got 1 penalty and man united should of got 3

devilz 11 years ago
Manchester United, England 47 670

Fuckin hell, it wasn't a red card. seriously if you think that you're going soft. And roy keane has always been shit and being the pundit, so he can do one. The ref cost us the game, and possibly the champions league. end of.

devilz 11 years ago
Manchester United, England 47 670

At being the pundit*

Golden 11 years ago
35 693

The card should have been of a brighter color. It's sad United's presence in this seasons Champions League had to end like this. Nani being sent off definitely changed the game, not only because there were 10 against 11, but the impact Nani had on the game was brilliant till the red card was shown.

@naman,

Your point number 6 is right on spot. I'm constantly surprised Arbeloa gets playing time when you can place Ramos on the right back and have Varane and Pepe as center backs. Arbeloa gives nothing to the team.

DonAndres 11 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

@naman93
As for the point No2 . You are mistaken. Ramos is elbowing Van persie and bothers him to jump.
Its a foul for me..

expertfootball11 11 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

There is a word name effective. This means you don't have to shoot 50 times to be the best. Just score goals as fast as you can and that's it. The problem for United is that they played passes too much (not counting corners) when defense can easily come back and get back on position. Nani had a great impact yes, but for his own safety, he should let the ball to Arbeloa. With the speed he hit him, it was obvious that the red was shown.

expertfootball11 11 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Manchester would have smashed us if it was not for conceding 2 fatal goals in 3 minutes. 

What is done was done, let's stop argue. We can't overwrite history.

naman93 11 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

@don : I replayed the video thrice ... yes, I think you are right. Van persie contacts with the ball when Ramos simply jumps and elbows Van Persie and ball goes to different direction. It was a foul.

_______________________________________________\

@golden : If we need a right back, we can get Carwajal in 1-2 years ... till then use Ramos as right back. Pepe will be 32 in 2 years > Ramos shifts to CB with Varane and Carwajal to RB.

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

@expert: "The problem for United is that they played passes too much (not counting corners) when defense can easily come back and get back on position."

Considering the fact that Real had virtually no goal threat until United were down to 10 men, I think United were doing just fine with their passes. ;)

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

No-one can compain about the Rafael handball because none of the Madrid players themselves even realized it was a handball, until after the analysis!

Jeffrey_Hazard 11 years ago
Chelsea, France 81 456

United got a red .. leading 1-0 and then loosing 2-1 at the end at Old Trafford.

Chelsea got a red chasing 1-0 at Camp Nou against worlds best team and then drawing and winning on aggregate with 3-2 at the end..

yet ppl say we buy players and trophies

bloodred1992 11 years ago
Manchester United, Portugal 15 300

Well this happens to be one of those days I come here to vent of frustration but by no means am I gonna lose my sense of judgement.

First of all, that was never a red. Some people here in the thread have justified it being dangerous play, "studs up" or whatever but the thing that it comes down to is intent which was clearly not malicious. The hypocrite who goes by the name of Roy Keane remarked that Nani should have spotted Arbeloa and not thought "that he would have had 20 yards all to himself" but Nani is completely entitled to do what he did since no player would leave a chance of launching a counter attack for his team. As for Arbeloa, he may be an average player but he definitely had the brains to know that Nani was gonna jump and very likely raise his foot to receive the ball and IMO Arbeloa made a meal out of it. This is just my opinion and I'm open to being proven wrong. But still, not a red card.

@naman93 I think Higuain's goal was rightly disallowed. IMO Ramos unnecessarily threw his hand into RVP's face. That was really a huge let off for United and not the referee's fault. 

@quikzyyy For some reason you were talking about Rafael's block being a red card for a handball. Now if your judgement wasn't being influenced by an obvious hatred for United you would have noted that Rafael jumped to head the ball out using his hands for leverage but Higuain managed to get a head to it and the ball bounced off Rafael's hand. Now how is any human supposed to get his hand out of the way that fast? And don't give me that crap that Rafael put his hand there on purpose.

As for the referee I think he had an awesome first half and that one 2nd half decision let his game down. I feel that he was under pressure since he was being watched closely by the UEFA authorities who were in the stands. However his decision still stands as wrong for 2 reasons: the first obviously being that the challenge did not warrant any booking (a feeling shared by even the Madrid players who didn't go near the ref) and second is the amount of time he took the red card out. Yes, a referee is entitled to take his time in making his decision but here he waited for Nani to stand up before showing him red. Now correct me if I'm wrong but I think a good referee never gives any surprises but this ref waited for Nani to get up, then got the card out of his pocket and then showed it to Nani. These to me are the traits of an unsure ref under pressure. And United paid the price.

Right now I feel worse than the night when United got knocked out by Bayern and Rafael was sent off. United played such beautiful football that night and still got nothing. I'm not saying Real didn't deserve to win at all. After all Sir Alex had to dig deep to get the tactics right and even unconventionally planned to defend for most of the game. But still the ref's decision swung the tie in Real's favour.

PS: Sorry for the rant! I feel miserable!

@ChelseaRox10 Haha. That's nice, post a pic of some retarded shit cause you're too dumb to talk.

Jeffrey_Hazard 11 years ago
Chelsea, France 81 456

Honestly Utd played the best this season I've seen,and they deserved to win,but the red card ''sort off'' changed the game and to me its a 50-50,it could either be red or yellow

naman93 11 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

@bloodred : yes, and I agreed to that in a comment above. It was rightly disallowed.

And for the rest of it, well written !!

@Jeffrey_Hazard Ok let's say it was 50-50 but should a referee take that long to make a decision? He clearly didn't use any common sense.

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

I want to know what was being said in his earpiece, more to the point. ;)

Discussion Closed