Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Man Utd vs Real - Your Complaints Here
Tuanis 11 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

I wasnt expecting Man utd fans to complain that much so i wanted to hear their arguments for both sides. The ref's decisions were questionable, the red card was a game changer and anyone who says it wasnt probably didnt watch the game. Lets here what both RM and United fans have to say. 

In my opinion, no red card no RM win. But well if the red card was deserved then RM had a deserved win.

Ill be on my Football depression shelter for about a week so Ill sign off the forums for a while :( @Believe

So lets here what you guys have to say...

Comments
Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

ZOMG. How did Bale not get a red card????

Clearly it's a travesty Roy Keane was not at hand to tell us how dangerous this is...

MRarsenal500 11 years ago
Arsenal, England 59 741

that was obvious red card for Nani foot raised over waist anyway i know how you feel ( Barcelona 2011 UCL Arsenal ) but the game is finished and get over it atleast you got EPL trophy in the bag and maybe FA cup too

Lodatz 11 years ago

I don't believe there is any rule against the foot being raised above the waist. 

Again, why didn't Bale get a red card, for the picture above?

The foul was for doing it near another player. As has been noted 100 times already, Nani wasn't aware of Arbeloa until the last second, and Arbeloa ran straight into the side of Nani's raised foot.

Foul, and even a yellow if you want to be harsh.

Never a red in a hundred years, unless you're being paid by FIFA to help out the Spanish sides against the English. Now, where have we seen that story before...?

Lodatz 11 years ago

Er, UEFA, not FIFA.

Though it's not like FIFA have never looked sideways while the English national side get screwed either, is it? ;) In that Qatargate expose, didn't they reveal that the (now hated) Brazilian football head, who was also a big honcho in FIFA, promised to "make life hell for English football"?

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I still don't understand why people are jumping into the Chelsea bandwagon about John Terry not deserving a red card for his challenge. He came up behind Alexis, and clearly shoved his knee into Alexis' spine when Alexis had already passed away the ball. A clear red. A defender of Terry's experience should know better. Even Frank Lampard didn't say anything then.

As for the United-Madrid game, I'd like to note that this was the referee's fault. Not Madrid's. Like Jim said, even the Madrid players didn't run up to the ref for the card because they didn't seem to care. Credit to Madrid though, they had to score two goals in less than half an hour away against a team that had only conceded three goals in their last 9 games. United may have been cheated, but by the referee, not Madrid. We deserved our win.

ChelseaRox10 11 years ago
Chelsea, England U19 142 979

@bloodred how is it retarded when its true?

Jeffrey_Hazard 11 years ago
Chelsea, France 81 456

@Bloodred,well the ''good'' thing here is that he spoke with the other officials how they should punish Nani,all of them agreed then BAM red card.As I've said before for me its either yellow or red,it could be either of it but the referee choose red.I doubt Real would win if the red card was not shown or maybe into extra time you never really know.

@Dynastian,Yes it was a deserved red.The only one ''jumping into the Chelsea bandwagon'' is me.I'm just saying stop complaining and just fight on till the end,that's what Chelsea showed last season unlike this season.That was what i was just trying to say.

man_utd 11 years ago
Manchester United, South Korea 91 1444

The more and more I watch the replays of this "tackle" by Nani, the more infuriated I get. 
Roy Keane, I've loved you as a player and a captain, but this time, just piss off.
Nani never had eye contact with Arbeloa. He was looking at the ball the whole time and
Arbeloa popped out of nowhere. Nani didn't even fucking touch him with his studs. 
It was the side of his boot. You can give me any picture of this "tackle". And brining up Terry's
red card is just irrelevant. 
What's worse is that Nani was having a fucking amazing game. He made great runs, he
absolutely destroyed Varane and he was the reason we got that goal. Don't worry my fellow
United fans. We'll get our revenge one day. 

Jeffrey_Hazard 11 years ago
Chelsea, France 81 456

@man_utd,you can't expect the ref to know if Nani had eye contact with Arbeloa,its 50-50.

man_utd 11 years ago

OK? Let's say the referee didn't know. It's not like the referee is completely blind. He should've seen that his studs were not even touching Arbeloa. If a referee can't see that, well. They don't deserve to be a referee.

raimondo90 11 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

@man utd actually he did make contact with the studs. There is evidance left on Arbeloa's chest of marks left by the stud. How on earth do you think the side of his foot hit him? He went in recklessly and the ref made a decision. Too bad deal with it. So many calls go your way. Accept that you lost and move on. This is getting worse than the time United cheated Chelsea and all the fans were bitching about it for weeks.

Jimskeleton 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 7 728

@raimondo, I tend to agree with you on most things but how can you say Nani went in recklessly when he had absolutely no idea Arbeloa was there? his foot is up to take the ball out the air, control the ball, his foot isn't up to kick Arbeloa, no intent what so ever.

raimondo90 11 years ago

I didn't say there was intent in hurting someone. But it's a reckless movement. I know what he was trying to do but that doesn't change the fact it's reckless. 

Lodatz 11 years ago

Which is why it's a foul. Probably even a yellow.

But it's never a dismissal. If the ref has to spend 45 seconds receiving instructions before making the call, you know something dodgy as hell is going on.

Jimskeleton 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 7 728

I just fail to see how it can be classified as reckless when he has no idea the opposition player is there, if he had looked up and seen Arbeloa coming and left his foot up I would 100% agree it's reckless and a red, I just disagree with sending someone off when he can't see his opponent coming.

FredTilson 11 years ago
Manchester City, France 61 769

But does the official rule take intention into account?

man_utd 11 years ago

@raimondo90
"Nani went studs up. The full foot planted on Arbeloa." Full foot planted Arbeloa? Lol.

Give me a break dude. Can you give me pictures from at least 2 angles to prove you're right?
The so called "mark" on the body.  And no. He did not go in "recklessly". Like I said in my comment,
he had absolutely no idea Arbeloa was going to come all of a sudden. And when you're trying to control
a ball, how do you? If you've played football before, you can't really control a ball with foot straight like a fucking
ballerina. At the most, it was a yellow. But a fucking red is a disgrace.

raimondo90 11 years ago

Man Utd again I'm not saying it was worthy of a red card. Yes I play football and I know what he was trying to do, but the bottom part of his foot is what hit Arbeloa. I know his intention wasn't to hit him but unfortunately it happened. 

Discussion Closed