Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Hazard's Red Card
Jimskeleton 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 7 728

Just wanted to get people's opinions on this red card and Hazard's decision making in this incident.

Laws state that it is a red card but do you think it was fair?

Was there any need for Hazard to even get involved just to save what in all reality was just going to be a few extra seconds and did the red card ultimately cost his team, although I don't think it did as Chelsea were poor all game.

For those who didn't see it, Hazard was sent off for a kicking a ball boy in the body in an attempt to get the ball out from underneath him. Am sure I or someone can post up a video in here for those who missed it.

Comments
Jimskeleton 11 years ago

BidoneCR7 11 years ago
Real Madrid, England 2 17

It looks like he did hit the ball boy to get the ball from him. Straight red for sure.  Even though the kid was at fault he had no right to kick him. Disgrace to him.

He felt so low that Suarez looks like a saint now.
Sir AF, had a press conference about this and said that the ball boy was trying to save Hazards life from the ball. Massive Respect ball boy.

AjaxDeSuperYids 11 years ago
Ajax, Netherlands 24 507

i think he slipped and hurt himself. hazard then abused him :( i just hope he is okay

JesperKyd 11 years ago
Arsenal, England 15 152

InjuryLawyers4U will be all over that #ballboy tomorrow. "Been injured by a #Hazard that wasn't your fault?" lol

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

He'll be okay; the kick wasn't that hard. Disgraceful from Hazard, though.

quikzyyy 11 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Hazard was in rage and I think if that was Pepe he would probably killed that kid, but it's a clear red card.

raimondo90 11 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

It's not how hard he kicked the guy it's the fact he did it. Clear aggression, clear cunt. 

BidoneCR7 11 years ago
Real Madrid, England 2 17

Poor ball boy was trying to save Hazard from the ball and gets kicked. Disgrace.

Boixosnois1981 11 years ago
Barcelona 49 508

BASTARD! BASTARD! BASTARD! BASTARD!

COYSPURS2008 11 years ago
76 540

Disgraceful cunt! Should just crawl back to Lille where he belongs.

quikzyyy 11 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

lol

AjaxDeSuperYids 11 years ago
Ajax, Netherlands 24 507

i think 2 year ban imo

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

As the top rated comment in the game highlights says,

"A ball boy's responsibility is to carry out his duty without any form of bias. If he refuses to give the ball back just to spite the opposition, quite frankly, he deserves to be stoned"

IMO, the b*tch of a ball boy was just trying to tease and infuriate Hazard. It's true that Hazard should've maintained his composure in that game, but he kicked the boy very lightly, and it was because the stupid little boy was using his whole body to cover the ball. Also, Hazard did it because he wanted his team to win, not because of stupid reasons like Pepe, who just does it so that he can injure Barca's players.

Jimskeleton 11 years ago

I disagree completely with the top comment, anyone who claims there teams ball boys don't take longer when there team is leading is LYING, every football team does it. He also didn't refuse to give the ball back either, he let the ball run past him and then went to walk to get it when Hazard pushed him.

Hazard had no right to push him, if he hadn't of pushed him he wouldn't have been on top of the ball, and he sure as hell had no right to kick him, you say he kicked him lightly, an adult kicking a kid I doubt can ever be considered lightly. "Hazard did it because he wanted his team to win" - Absolutely no excuse for his behaviour, maybe if he and the team played better over 2 legs then they would win.

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Jimskeleton  Well I sure as hell don't see it in Spain. Even when Real Madrid have been losing (trust me, that happened A LOT this season), the other ball boys didn't do anything to stall, even when the opposition players did. Maybe English culture is different from Spanish culture here, because I never saw any of that in a Real Madrid or Barcelona game.

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

The boy also wanted to stall from earlier. Look.

At the third pos, it say #NEEDED#FOR#TIMEWASTING

Lodatz 11 years ago

@Dynastian98: Maybe not, but before we start praising the spirit of fair play with Real and Barca, let's not forget a few little gems like these, eh? ;)

Lodatz 11 years ago

We don't see too much of that in England. ;) Just saying, I don't think anyone can claim an untainted spirit of fair play.

Jimskeleton 11 years ago

I saw that earlier but it's a clear joke, I don't think someone is actually that stupid that they would post it on twitter for everyone to see and then actually go and do it, it would just make the club look bad, and Swansea didn't even have any need to time waste, 2-0 up, Chelsea playing shit and only 10 mins to go.

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Lodatz I wasn't praising Barca's or Real's fair play. Did you even read my comment? I was talking about when Barca and Real were losing, the opposition's ball boys didn't do stupid things like that.