Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

World Cup 2022 Discussion Thread
Emobot7 1 year ago
538 11426

A bit late for it but here a thread to discuss whats going on in the 2022 Qatar World Cup.

What already happened as of making this thread:

• Qatar historical defeat as a WC host vs Ecuador
  • Senegal brave effort vs Netherland despite their 2-0 defeat
  • England 6-2 trashing or Iran
  • 1-1 game of two halve between USA and Wales
  • Argentina unpredictable defeat at the hand of Saudi Arabia

If you wanna discuss any of those match, or any of the upcoming games, this is the thread for it.

Comments
_Pelle_ 1 year ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

@DarthFooty: you want conspiracy theories? LoL

Ok here’s one circulating atm… Before Argentina scored the third goal two of their substitutes ran into the pitch, probably to celebrate. The problem is that they were not allowed to do it as the ball was still in play.
The rules says it should have been free kick given to France at the place where they entered the pitch, because the ball was still in play at that moment and Argentina hadn’t scored yet.
😂😂😁😁😁😉😉

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Ok here’s one circulating atm… Before Argentina scored the third goal two of their substitutes ran into the pitch, probably to celebrate. The peoblem is that they are not allowed to do it as the ball is in play.
The rules says it should have been free kick given to France at the place where they entered the pitch, because the ball was still in play at that moment and Argentina hadn’t scored yet.
😂😂😁😁😁😉😉

Ok here’s one circulating atm… Before Argentina scored the third goal two of their substitutes ran into the pitch, probably to celebrate. The problem is that they are not allowed to do it as the ball was still in play.
😂😂😁😁😁😉😉

DarthFooty 1 year ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1094

Ok here’s one circulating atm… Before Argentina scored the third goal two of their substitutes ran into the pitch, probably to celebrate. The problem is that they were not allowed to do it as the ball was still in play.
😂😂😁😁😁😉😉

hahaha

Emobot7 1 year ago
538 11426

Talking about conspiracy theories, I read some comments about the ball hitting the hand of Upamecano on the corner just before M'bappe penalty incident. Haven't seen enough images of the incident myself but if that true then, there should have been a freekick for Argentina and no penalty for France.

Footy_watch 1 year ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1842

It's obvious that Argentina only got to the final due to the referees. Whilst I enjoyed Argentina's football, they were handed the world cup.

expertfootball11 1 year ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

I hate conspiracy talk; but why is no one discussing their first goal? Dembele didn't even touch him

Why didn't the referee go and see VAR by himself? How can you take such a chance in a world cup final? Be consistent in the way you apply VAR!!

Footy_watch 1 year ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1842

but why is no one discussing their first goal? Dembele didn't even touch him

How have you not seen the replays properly yet? Dembele clipped Di Maria's left foot, definitely a penalty

quikzyyy 1 year ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I think the refereeing in whole tournament was pretty poor, lot of very wtf decisions, but final referee performance was actually very good. This was definitely a pen, I'd call it Di Maria experience vs. Dembele inexperience, can't be making tackles like that in penalty area.

Footy_watch 1 year ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1842

can't be making tackles like that in penalty area.

He didn't make any tackle. He simply ran behind Di Maria and caught him.by accident.

The final referee was shockingly really good. For example, I dont even know how he saw the French attacker dive in the penalty box in the second half. In normal speed it looks like a penalty.

quikzyyy 1 year ago
Arsenal 429 9002

That was probably best call whole tournament and he didn't even need VAR for it, hats off for his performance, compare that to that clown Lahoz.

tiki_taka 1 year ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Football owed Messi a world cup, if Higuain was as lethal as Martinez city gem, he would had probably 2 WC and 3 Copa America... That was sad to put fingers on his talent by pointing his NT finals struggle. To loose a final you should lead you nation to qualify to the final.

Sad for France, we went to the final with our B team, we lacked some leaders in the pitch. I'm thinking of Kante and Benzema.
There is a case Benzema he was pushed to quit NT while Varane stayed injured, he was told it's a one month injury, arrived at Madrid and was told it was one week injury.

Reason is that some dressing room leaders didn't want to share spotlight and DD took the first chance to dismiss him.
We weren't waiting for them to go till the final, nor Deschamps nor Noel legraet president of FFF. Not only Benzema was used even Zidane, had to refuse Manchester United, PSG and talks with Brazil to finally hear president of FFF says while qualifying to semi that he hopes Deschamps stays while he told Zidane he will be appointed after WC. Reason why Zidane refused the invitation to attend the final and so was fooled the BO.
He deserved Neymar treatment, get benched till being fit instead of playing with kolomuani or Thuram...

President of FFF is related lately with multiple rape issues inside FFF, same one who was pointing Benz about moral issues....

All this to say, we are managed by stupid old bastards and sadly our players performances are hiding all this shitty management.

Romain Molina is the best investigation journalist present in YouTube, very reliable he said that many players care about their Instagram and followers and image, which lead some reality show wars between divas like Pogba or Griezmann. Really sad not to see our NT United as one core...

Many will tell me if France won pk I wouldn't point that, half true, you can have poor spirit and still win. But imo France would have never needed luck Vs England and Morocco to qualify and would never had that poor first half Vs a not so dominant Argentina. Without Messi they look like Costa Rica.

Algerino 1 year ago
Napoli, Algeria 6 844

Especially Kanté and Benzema would have been huge additions but it is what it is.

I’m actually already looking forward to the next WC and the coming years. So many young talents will be in their prime. I’d say France has the best upcoming talent pool in the world.

This was Messis last chance, and beside some of his fanboys having gone absolutely berserk when it comes to trolling, I’m happy for him to have won it.

Emobot7 1 year ago
538 11426

@tiki Sorry for the loss, obviously, its crazy how far France went despite the chaos going on in the dressing room. The whole thing was really dissapointing especially for Benzema and Zidane. But still, what a talented team and what a player M'bappe is. I second what you said about Molina, I rate him highly as a journalist, too bad he doesn't has more visibility.

@Algerino For sure, fit Kante and Benzema would have been game changer. Not that Giroud and Tchouameni weren't good but more weapon is never a bad thing. As for Messi, I think for what he did all his career, he deserve to get a WC. He was also so influential to this Argentina team success. All in all, I'm happy for him.