Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

World Cup 2022 Discussion Thread
Emobot7 1 year ago
538 11426

A bit late for it but here a thread to discuss whats going on in the 2022 Qatar World Cup.

What already happened as of making this thread:

• Qatar historical defeat as a WC host vs Ecuador
  • Senegal brave effort vs Netherland despite their 2-0 defeat
  • England 6-2 trashing or Iran
  • 1-1 game of two halve between USA and Wales
  • Argentina unpredictable defeat at the hand of Saudi Arabia

If you wanna discuss any of those match, or any of the upcoming games, this is the thread for it.

Comments
quikzyyy 1 year ago
Arsenal 429 9002

he looked so offside from the first angle lol

_Pelle_ 1 year ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

What a game. I don’t care if we lose I’m glad this sport provided us one of the best finals ever

Footy_watch 1 year ago Edited
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1842

Mbappe best player of the world by far.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Mbappe best player of the world by far, no one's even close

quikzyyy 1 year ago
Arsenal 429 9002

is lautaro martinez worst striker on this world cup?

Footy_watch 1 year ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1842

Lol 2 clear cut chances in the last seconds of the game for both teams. Both shouldve scored.

Footy_watch 1 year ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1842

Mbappe scoring 3 penalties in one game is ridiculous

Footy_watch 1 year ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1842

Lloris is not good at saving penalties

quikzyyy 1 year ago
Arsenal 429 9002

deserved, the debate of Messi vs Ronaldo is over now

Arsenal, Brazil 23 1842

No it's not.

France are still the best team in the world. Argentina got lucky with referees on their side and many injuries in the France squad. But Argentina earned their victory today.

• History

No it's not.

France are still the best team in the world. Argentina got lucky with referees on their side and many injuries in the France squad.
But Argentina deserved the victory today.

No it's not.

France are still the best team in the world. Argentina got lucky with referees on their side and many injuries in the France squad.
But Argentina earned their victory today.

quikzyyy 1 year ago
Arsenal 429 9002

France are still the best team in the world

they literally just lost the world cup final if you missed the match

_Pelle_ 1 year ago

quikzyyy: it feels horrible to lose but I agree on that one.

I can’t be too disappointed though. It was a good game to be honest.
And reaching the final two times in a row, and coming back two times in this game. I’ll have to be happy with a silver medal and say congrats to Argentina.

Allez les bleus!

Bien joué et félicitations aux Argentins.

Arsenal, Brazil 23 1842

Argentina struggled against an injury plagued French team. If france had all their best players like Argentina then it would've been an easy French victory.

• History

Argentina struggled against an injury plagued French team. If france had all their best players like Argentina then it would've been an easy French victory.

quikzyyy 1 year ago
Arsenal 429 9002

You still have the most amazing squad for upcoming years, with Mbappe getting even better and if Zidane gets appointed I guess the football will be more fun as well. This world cup was probably most entertaining and most fun.

Algerino 1 year ago
Napoli, Algeria 6 844

Allez les fi wahed elbled😂😂😂😂😂

Congrats to Argentina💪💪

expertfootball11 1 year ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Congratulations Argentina, they deserved to win overall.

France can't win with that crappy defense, sooner or later defeat was inevitable.

However, the first penalty is really ridiculous

_Pelle_ 1 year ago

quikzyyy: true… Deschamps have been very succesful with the NT but I would love to see Zidane take over some day. And the squad is very young, with Mbappe being 27 next world cup, which is actually crazy considering what he has already achieved with the NT.

Emobot7 1 year ago
538 11426

What a game of football that was, was quite the show to watch as a neutral. For me, Argentina was the better team for the 60 first minutes of the game then France finally sprung to live in with the penalty. 3 penalty in a single game seem a bit too much, especially for a final but I would need to watch the incident again to talk about it.

I guess what really doomed France was that most of their top performers weren't in great form or at least, had little impact on the game. Griezmann, Rabiot and Giroud didn't do much. Kounde also went missing a lot I think, maybe he tried to much to help in attack? What an amazing performance from M'bappe though, I don't know if he really the best player of the world but he so good under pressure. He scored his 3 pen against Martinez, a guy well know to be good at penalty. Got no reproach to make of him, his team-mates let him down a bit I fear. I mean, it took until the 68 minute for France to have their first shot of the game, for me, that really show they had hard time finding the attackers in good position.

Anyway, France future is still looking good and while its sad for them to lose in final, they won last time around and got second here, its still an amazing performance and incredible way to get rid of the champion curse. Hope to see them stronger in four years.

As for Argentina, great game from them, Angel di Maria coming out of nowhere to play the game of his live and give a 2-0 lead to his team. Messi doing exactly what you want him to do, really happy for him. You can feel the pressure of so many years have been lifted from him the moment he knew they won.

As for the whole Ronaldo vs Messi debate being ended by this, I find that theory a bit sad. Honestly, its not fair to compare players by taking into account the WC, I mean, its a special competition, the stars need to align, Portugal could have potentially went all the way with a better coach, its impossible to tell. I mean, I like Messi better but for me, winning this with his NT even with the performance he did doesn't necessarly mean he's better than Ronaldo. Imo, they are both incredible players and for now, I think its better to appreciate the time we'll get to see them before their career is over instead of saying that Messi is ahead now.

To finish, I'd like to thank all of you guys for sharing your love of football on FR during this world cup, it was incredible as far as games were concerned and those were that much more enjoyable while sharing opinions with all of you great folks. Take care all of you and hopefully, we'll still have great football discussions next year!

Footy_watch 1 year ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1842

I saw this possibility since they lost to Saudi. People compared it to Spain losing their first game and then going on to winning the world cup. Then as each game passed and Argentina came out on top, my fear grew to the point that I was hoping they got knocked out before the final. It just seemed too inevitable and the feeling ended up being right.

_Pelle_ 1 year ago

@Footy: true. that saudi game was a wake up call for sure. Sometimes a loss is what is needed for a team to get it going.

They won two times on penalties and were lucky with some calls along the way… but that is part of the game. Good teams always have some portion of good luck. Like Emobot said… the stars needs to align.

DarthFooty 1 year ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1094

This cup had it all and that final was the best I have seen. Now we all get to share in the misery of others who will find ways to say this was a cheat or that was faked. Some people just can't see others win. Healthy competition is good for everyone, but many people can and will take that too far.

As a 90% neutral in this final, I thought the better team won on the day. Not to say that France would turn those tables if they played in a day or two, but in this match, Argentina earned it. France will be just fine and a favorite for 2024.

I said 90% because I was hoping that Messi got his cup win. I was completely happy to see France take it, had they earned it, but a small part of me was rooting more for Arg and Messi.

Let the games begin with screenshots and conspiracy theories on how Arg was giving this win. hahaha