Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Trolls in footyroom
_Pelle_ 8 years ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6884

I have noticed how some members in here are becoming worse in their usage of abusive language. For their information it should be clearified that it is NOT OK and in a few cases even criminal. The saddest part is that some give the impression that they are here for no other reason than to insult and offend people who are complete strangers to them. And the reason for being bitchy and malignant toward other people is sometimes very unsignificant!! e.g. supporting the "wrong" team...

This forum is for all kinds of people to discuss the common interest they have: football/soccer!

Not spread hatred!

However, if you are too young or too uneducated to know here is a reminder... The verbal abuse falls under "hate crime" and is a prejudice-motivated crime and the targeted groups include sex, ethnicity, race, disability, physical appearance, religion, gender identity, sex orientation...

If you have difficulties with understanding this than remember the golden rule which states that you should treat others as you wish to be treated. Assumably with respect and dignity!

(I also encourage the ban of some people and their ip-adresses, who recurrently violate this simple but fundamental "norm")

Please enjoy each others "company" in here and don't ruin the fun! Peace!

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I have noticed how some members in here are becoming worse in their usage of abusive language. For their informationit should be clearified that it is NOT OK and in a few cases even criminal. The saddest part is that some give the impression that they are here for no other reason than to insult and offend people who are complete strangers to them. And the reason for being bitchy and malignant toward other people is sometimes very unsignificant!! e.g. supporting the "wrong" team...

This forum is for all kinds of people to discuss the common interest they have: football/soccer!

Not spread hatred!

However, if you are too young or too uneducated to know here is a reminder... The verbal abuse falls under "hate crime" and is a prejudice-motivated crime and the targeted groups include sex, ethnicity, race, disability, physical appearance, religion, gender identity, sex orientation...

If you have difficulties with understanding this than remember the golden rule which states that you should treat others as you wish to be treated. Assumably with respect and dignity!

(I also encourage the ban of some people and their ip-adresses, who recurrently violate this simple but fundamental "norm")

Please enjoy each others "company" in here and don't ruin the fun! Peace!

Comments
chelsea8 8 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

This is the internet, it will always be the same.

_Pelle_ 8 years ago

To start... it hasn't always been the same. And further on, that doesn't mean that we have to accept any kind of behavior.

Emobot7 8 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Joze Well maybe not cancer... but it does hurt your IQ, but as someone already made me realized, most of those guys are immature kid, nothing more. Less than 12 year old for some, I wasn't on any forum at that age. :P I still wish mod would be a bit more active though and if they don't want to ban them, at least, edit their post so they respect the rule of the forum. Namely, those rule:

2 Hate Speech and Verbal Attacks
Try to stay polite or at least control your anger. You can swear if you want to but don't use it to offend others. Better use your intelligence to prove your point. Respect other people.

3 Trolling Comments like "Manchester United Rocks", "Chelsea are
crap", "Barcelona RULES" are very boring and immature. It's better if
you tell everyone WHY you think Chelsea is crap or why Barcelona
'RULES', because not everyone might think same as you. If you are
trolling YOU WILL BE BANNED.

• History

@Joze Well maybe not cancer... but it does hurt your HQ, but as someone already made me realized, most of those guys are immature kid, nothing more. Less than 12 year old for some, I wasn't on any forum at that age. :P I still wish mod would be a bit more active though and if they don't want to ban them, at least, edit their post so they respect the rule of the forum. Namely, those rule:

2 Hate Speech and Verbal Attacks
Try to stay polite or at least control your anger. You can swear if you want to but don't use it to offend others. Better use your intelligence to prove your point. Respect other people.

3 Trolling Comments like "Manchester United Rocks", "Chelsea are
crap", "Barcelona RULES" are very boring and immature. It's better if
you tell everyone WHY you think Chelsea is crap or why Barcelona
'RULES', because not everyone might think same as you. If you are
trolling YOU WILL BE BANNED.

Jimbet 8 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

hey emobot.. i'll nominate u to be a MOD.. :) regarding the troll issue.. just IGNORE dem.. all they need is your attention and watching u rage fuels their desire to be more of a troll.. simply put, they lack attention in their daily life which resolves them to eager for attention on the internet.. LOL sad lyfe

Eden17Hazard17 8 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

After I saw the title of this thread in the forum, I was like ooh, the day for naming and shaming has arrived :P

tuan_jinn 8 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I would nominate Emobot too when we find it's time to have new mod ^^

• History

I would nominate Emobot too :D

chelsea8 8 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Suspected comments? Lol for what? Or are you kidding.

• History

Suspected comments? Lol for what?

538 11432

@Jimbet @tuan_jinn Why, thank you. :D

@Chelsea8 Well, to be fair, some of your comment does seem a bit hard sometime. We know you don't mean bad thing though so its okay most of time, but wouldn't be a bad thing if you decided to be a tiny bit more prudent when you post stuff, to make sure its doesn't sound agresive. Please don't take it badly, we still know your one of the good guy and its not too bad most of the time. ;)

@Pelle Anyway lad, good to see you on the forum. J'espère que tout va bien pour toi l'ami! ;)

• History

@Jimbet @tuan_jinn Why, thank you. :D

@Chelsea8 Well, to be fair, some of your comment does seem a bit hard sometime. We know you don't mean bad thing though so its okay most of time, but wouldn't be a bad thing if you decided to be a tiny bit more prudent when you post stuff, to make sure its doesn't sound agresive. Please don't take it badly, we still know your one of the good guy and its not too bad most of the time. ;)

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

If I was ever banned on this forum, I'd want it to be done by Emo.

Best endorsement I'll ever give lol

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@Sunflash Haha, thanks buddy. ;D

tuan_jinn 8 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@SunFlash: can I ban you too in such case :(

538 11432

@tuan_jinn If I'm not a mod yet at that time or doesn't show any sign of live for a while, you got my benediction. XD

• History

@tuan_jinn If I'm not a mod yet at that time and doesn't show any sign of live for a while, you got my benediction. XD

JuanMata10 8 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

lol @Emobot is such a nice guy, if he had to ban someone the poor guy would probably suffer from eternal nightmares

chelsea8 8 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Thanks emo but i still want an answer from tuan, you have people who insult and the mods doesn't do anything about but i get a warning bcuz i said that judging people bcuz of their face is not ok.

Tbh if i get banned i wouldn't give a damn, just like others for example vendetta or amerr.

• History

Thanks emo but i still want an answer from juan, you have people who insult and the mods doesn't do anything about but i get a warning bcuz i said that judging people bcuz of their face is not ok.

Tbh if i get banned i wouldn't give a damn, just like others for example vendetta or amerr.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@Chelsea8 Don't say that buddy, he clearly didn't meant it for that, he was most likely talking about some other stuff you said, beside, if you gotten banned, we would all miss you. :( You would punish us all in a way. :(

@JuanMata10 Thats propably not completely false. It would take some time to get used to it for sure, at least. :p

chelsea8 8 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

@emo don't worry i'll never leave you!

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@chelsea8 Yeah! :D

_Pelle_ 8 years ago

What actually strikes me with the people commenting on this thread is that no one has an account with "comments: 1" like some keyboard warriors.

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

The forum used to be quite strict on language about 4 years ago. You couldn't use even one word of profanity when speaking to another member. Personally speaking, I preferred the strict forum because it had zero tolerance for stupidity, arrogance, hate speech, verbal abuse, and trolling.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@Dynastian Man, I would have thrived in that kind of environment... well, I mean considering I nearly never say any profanity or spread hate speech and verbal abuse. :D