Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Trolls in footyroom
_Pelle_ 8 years ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6888

I have noticed how some members in here are becoming worse in their usage of abusive language. For their information it should be clearified that it is NOT OK and in a few cases even criminal. The saddest part is that some give the impression that they are here for no other reason than to insult and offend people who are complete strangers to them. And the reason for being bitchy and malignant toward other people is sometimes very unsignificant!! e.g. supporting the "wrong" team...

This forum is for all kinds of people to discuss the common interest they have: football/soccer!

Not spread hatred!

However, if you are too young or too uneducated to know here is a reminder... The verbal abuse falls under "hate crime" and is a prejudice-motivated crime and the targeted groups include sex, ethnicity, race, disability, physical appearance, religion, gender identity, sex orientation...

If you have difficulties with understanding this than remember the golden rule which states that you should treat others as you wish to be treated. Assumably with respect and dignity!

(I also encourage the ban of some people and their ip-adresses, who recurrently violate this simple but fundamental "norm")

Please enjoy each others "company" in here and don't ruin the fun! Peace!

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I have noticed how some members in here are becoming worse in their usage of abusive language. For their informationit should be clearified that it is NOT OK and in a few cases even criminal. The saddest part is that some give the impression that they are here for no other reason than to insult and offend people who are complete strangers to them. And the reason for being bitchy and malignant toward other people is sometimes very unsignificant!! e.g. supporting the "wrong" team...

This forum is for all kinds of people to discuss the common interest they have: football/soccer!

Not spread hatred!

However, if you are too young or too uneducated to know here is a reminder... The verbal abuse falls under "hate crime" and is a prejudice-motivated crime and the targeted groups include sex, ethnicity, race, disability, physical appearance, religion, gender identity, sex orientation...

If you have difficulties with understanding this than remember the golden rule which states that you should treat others as you wish to be treated. Assumably with respect and dignity!

(I also encourage the ban of some people and their ip-adresses, who recurrently violate this simple but fundamental "norm")

Please enjoy each others "company" in here and don't ruin the fun! Peace!

Comments
KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

He's a tough guy. Ban him already. No need for CUNTS like him on here. "he can do what he wants. gtfoh". Okay, P**s off then.

Eden17Hazard17 7 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

This is such a savage thread :P

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

That City fan is a prick, look at Madrid last highlights...

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11435

@Jimbet I have to agree I felt pretty good on this one answer I served him. :D Seriously though, he sound a bit like that Firmino guy that made tons of trolly comment everywhere and the user named Buzzard who had Marcelo as his profile pic, not saying they are all the same person but I wouldn't be surprised, after all, Man City and Liverpool fan have one thing in common, they hate Manchester United. I'm not making any official acusation though, they just all seem like the same kind of person.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Jimbet I have to agree I felt pretty good on this one answer I served him. :D Seriously though, he sound a bit like that Firmino guy that made tons of trolly comment everywhere and the user named Buzzard who had Marcelo as his profile pic, not saying they are all the same person but I wouldn't be surprised, after all, Man City and Liverpool fan have one thing in common, they hate Manchester United. I'm not making any official acusation though, they just all seem like the same kind of person all of them.

Jimbet 7 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

u did good emobot.. we can all agree on that.. :) keep up the good work!

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@Emobot has done brilliantly!!!!

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

ban them & then #dabonthem, brilliant.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

dabonthem

tuan_jinn 7 years ago

No NO NO DAB plz

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I believe that if you warn a troll about offensive comments, and then they proceed to ignore that advice or tell you they don't care and continue to flame, the best way to go about it is to immediately ban them. Low tolerance for idiocy in the comments section will breed less trolls.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@Dynastian Thats might actually be true, but I do feel a bit bad about banning someone right after I already warned him even if he does show sign of not caring about it at all.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Emo

If you give them a stern warning but they don't listen and continue to flame, I genuinely believe action should be taken. Compassion leads to trolls thinking they can say whatever they want and get away with just a warning.

"I believe in second chances, but I don't believe in third chances" - Doran Martell (I know I just quoted a Game Of Thrones character, sorry I'm dead exhausted).

tuan_jinn 7 years ago

I normally do that too, give a warning and they response with crap, or dont care... immediately ban them. But sometimes it's good to reason with certain member who actually a fair guy, just rough

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@Tuan_jinn So, once again, it depend on who we're dealing with. Being a mod sure is about judging situation and making the difference between certain type of person. ;(

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Tuan @Emo

Agreed.