Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Trolls in footyroom
_Pelle_ 8 years ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6888

I have noticed how some members in here are becoming worse in their usage of abusive language. For their information it should be clearified that it is NOT OK and in a few cases even criminal. The saddest part is that some give the impression that they are here for no other reason than to insult and offend people who are complete strangers to them. And the reason for being bitchy and malignant toward other people is sometimes very unsignificant!! e.g. supporting the "wrong" team...

This forum is for all kinds of people to discuss the common interest they have: football/soccer!

Not spread hatred!

However, if you are too young or too uneducated to know here is a reminder... The verbal abuse falls under "hate crime" and is a prejudice-motivated crime and the targeted groups include sex, ethnicity, race, disability, physical appearance, religion, gender identity, sex orientation...

If you have difficulties with understanding this than remember the golden rule which states that you should treat others as you wish to be treated. Assumably with respect and dignity!

(I also encourage the ban of some people and their ip-adresses, who recurrently violate this simple but fundamental "norm")

Please enjoy each others "company" in here and don't ruin the fun! Peace!

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I have noticed how some members in here are becoming worse in their usage of abusive language. For their informationit should be clearified that it is NOT OK and in a few cases even criminal. The saddest part is that some give the impression that they are here for no other reason than to insult and offend people who are complete strangers to them. And the reason for being bitchy and malignant toward other people is sometimes very unsignificant!! e.g. supporting the "wrong" team...

This forum is for all kinds of people to discuss the common interest they have: football/soccer!

Not spread hatred!

However, if you are too young or too uneducated to know here is a reminder... The verbal abuse falls under "hate crime" and is a prejudice-motivated crime and the targeted groups include sex, ethnicity, race, disability, physical appearance, religion, gender identity, sex orientation...

If you have difficulties with understanding this than remember the golden rule which states that you should treat others as you wish to be treated. Assumably with respect and dignity!

(I also encourage the ban of some people and their ip-adresses, who recurrently violate this simple but fundamental "norm")

Please enjoy each others "company" in here and don't ruin the fun! Peace!

Comments
JozeMourinho 8 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

@Gunner_

No offense but...this was the average comment of Arsenal fans last season in every Chelsea game.

If you think that 300 comments were made when Chelsea was losing the 150 was like that.

_Pelle_ 8 years ago

There will always be comments where bad language is used in general... and that typically happens when fans are disappointed. However, the major problem are a few people who systematically keep using abusive language, and attacking other people. These are the ones that should be banned. The rest is just "noise".

Emobot7 8 years ago Edited
538 11435

@Gunner You do realize than most of those troll don't even bother coming into the forum section wich is why I think making a sticky thread on the forum could work. In the worst case scenario, this will get flooded at first but after a while, it could work the way it is supposed to be.

Edit: Nah, but seriously, isn't there anything more us user can do to help the mod? We should really have a way to help make the forum a better place. :(

• History

@Gunner You do realize than most of those troll don't even bother coming into the forum section wich is why I think making a sticky thread on the forum could work. In the worst case scenario, this will get flooded at first but after a while, it could work the way it is supposed to be.

tiki_taka 8 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

@tuan how many active mods are here atm ?

Gunner_ 8 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 0 460

@JozeMou None taken. I never said you can't find a troll who supports Arsenal. It has nothing to do with the team you support, but it follows a general trolling behavior. Pelle comment sums it up, I don't care about Tottenham or Chelsea fans who comment under an Arsenal fan and make fun of us or our club, but when they are using abusive language that's the problem. Everyone here deserves a better atmosphere. Like you can see I never reply them when they aren't respectful (I try not to feed the troll) but there should be something done by the mods, and with the community help. In my opinion.

Gunner_ 8 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 0 460

It's funny that no moderator still responded to this. And this guy keeps going nonestop.

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Tiki

Doesn't seem like enough. Judging simply from the moderators who comment on posts, I usually only see Tuanis, Emrecan, and Tuan_jinn. There might be other moderators who don't comment on forums, but I still feel like we need more moderator presence on FootyRoom. The community is growing larger, and there aren't enough people to cover all the comments.

Jimbet 8 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

i'll vote for Emobot and Dynastian98 to be mods..

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11435

@Dynastian98 Gennady can be found on the higlight from time to time and Thegame is sometime on the live score but other than, you are sadly right, we should have a bit more moderator presence. We should also have more diversity in term of fan as well, I feel like we got a lot of manchester united supporter within the mod, this kind of limitate the amount of action they can take against rival team as it might be seen as persecusion (I might be exagerating a bit). I really wonder how many moderator are active on the forum.

@Jimbet Why think you! What you say Dynastian98, how would you feel about making a two moderator team with me. :D

tuan_jinn 8 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@tiki: well, mods live on different time zone, and we normally communicate internally via email when there are issues. But recently, some of us have been a bit busy so we can't cover all highlights. I agree we need a method to control trolls more overthere.

@Dyn: that's true. We are the most active mods, but others guard them from time to time too. The community is getting big, and we need people who passionate about this.

@Dyn, @Emobot, @Tiki, @SunFlash: are the best candidates IMO at the moment. I think @Dyn an @tiki never wanted to be a mod, :D.

It's look like @Emobot is willing to take charge, I will talk to FR soon

Note: when you are a mod, you will be likely to have much less time for threads :D, that's the downside of it, and we dont want to loose those active members for mod duty :D.

• History

@tiki: well, mods live on different time zone, and we normally communicate internally via email when there are issues. But recently, some of us have been a bit busy so we can't cover all highlights. I agree we need a method to control trolls more overthere.

@Dyn: that's true. We are the most active mods, but others guard them from time to time too. The community is getting big, and we need people who passionate about this.

@Dyn, @Emobot, @Tiki, @SunFlash: are the best candidates IMO at the moment. I think @Dyn an @tiki never wanted to be a mod, :D.

Note: when you are a mod, you will be likely to have much less time for threads :D, that's the downside of it, and we dont want to loose those active members for mod duty :D.

tiki_taka 8 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

@Tuan ok thanks for all the work done here, all of you.

We cant prevent a troll from trolling, if you ban him he will create another account with another team... if you are often in the highlights you can recognize one or two and just ignore them, there comments are fastly hidden by downvotes. I just ignore them, In the forum the incidents are fewer....

Golefty 8 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

From GunnersAFC
this comment has no place on FR

tuan_jinn 8 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@Golefty: indeed!!! Thanks

_Pelle_ 8 years ago

@Golefty: lol read the commented in the pic and tried to downvote it but couldn't...

Golefty 8 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

@Pelle it was a pretty discusting comment , what bothers me the most is that he says lol after like WWII was funny.
I myself can say some harsh/provoking stuff, i know i have to you on some occasions, but i do it jokingly, however i do not cross lines such as raciscm, bigotry, hatred. I agree partially with what your saying, for instance users like KAKA_CS and nerazurriforlife deserve immediate bans, but i also believe the banter and insults(within reason) are part of what the makes the comments section interesting and also challenges the users to defend their opinions which makes lively debate. I do apologize for my recent comments towards you about smoking blunts, it was a joke tho and i respect your opinion 100%

_Pelle_ 8 years ago

@Golefty: No problems. Didn't take it seriously and had totally forgot it.

Gunner_ 8 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 0 460

I too am kinda active although no one mentioned my name. Not as a mod but with some mod power to edit/delete comments containing hate speech and direct attacks. My suggestion is to find active members who look decent and give them some privileges, at least one for each big/popular club.

KTBFFHSWE 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

LOL at proposing tiki as a mod. I'm sure 99% of the forum would disagree with that selection.

chelsea8 8 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Tuan are you kidding? Only person that would be a good mod is emobot, the other people you named are too bias, no offense to them bcuz they are good members.

• History

Tuan are you kidding? Only person that would be a good mod is emobot, the other people you named are too bias.

Gunner_ 8 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 0 460

Biased is fine (actually preferred) as long as they are good members. Trolling is fine too but within some constraints, like as long as it doesn't contain hate speech or personal attacks (or other stuff mentioned under TOS).