Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Trolls in footyroom
_Pelle_ 8 years ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6888

I have noticed how some members in here are becoming worse in their usage of abusive language. For their information it should be clearified that it is NOT OK and in a few cases even criminal. The saddest part is that some give the impression that they are here for no other reason than to insult and offend people who are complete strangers to them. And the reason for being bitchy and malignant toward other people is sometimes very unsignificant!! e.g. supporting the "wrong" team...

This forum is for all kinds of people to discuss the common interest they have: football/soccer!

Not spread hatred!

However, if you are too young or too uneducated to know here is a reminder... The verbal abuse falls under "hate crime" and is a prejudice-motivated crime and the targeted groups include sex, ethnicity, race, disability, physical appearance, religion, gender identity, sex orientation...

If you have difficulties with understanding this than remember the golden rule which states that you should treat others as you wish to be treated. Assumably with respect and dignity!

(I also encourage the ban of some people and their ip-adresses, who recurrently violate this simple but fundamental "norm")

Please enjoy each others "company" in here and don't ruin the fun! Peace!

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I have noticed how some members in here are becoming worse in their usage of abusive language. For their informationit should be clearified that it is NOT OK and in a few cases even criminal. The saddest part is that some give the impression that they are here for no other reason than to insult and offend people who are complete strangers to them. And the reason for being bitchy and malignant toward other people is sometimes very unsignificant!! e.g. supporting the "wrong" team...

This forum is for all kinds of people to discuss the common interest they have: football/soccer!

Not spread hatred!

However, if you are too young or too uneducated to know here is a reminder... The verbal abuse falls under "hate crime" and is a prejudice-motivated crime and the targeted groups include sex, ethnicity, race, disability, physical appearance, religion, gender identity, sex orientation...

If you have difficulties with understanding this than remember the golden rule which states that you should treat others as you wish to be treated. Assumably with respect and dignity!

(I also encourage the ban of some people and their ip-adresses, who recurrently violate this simple but fundamental "norm")

Please enjoy each others "company" in here and don't ruin the fun! Peace!

Comments
SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

@SunFlash: are the best candidates IMO at the moment.

I modded once. Never again.

the other people you named are too bias

enter image description here

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11435

@KTB Man, considering me and tuan_jinn are propably worth at least 5% of the forum, I would have to disagree with what you just said about tiki, would love to have him as a mod. ;P

Jimbet 8 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

top candidates that i would like to be mods are

1. Dynastian98
  2. Emobot
  3. Tiki
  4. Marcus2011

all of them are cool guys with great insights about football. :)

• History

top candidates that i would like to be mods are

1. Dynastian98
  2. Emobot
  3. Tiki
  4. Marcus2011

all of them are cool guy with great insights about football. :)

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11435

@Jimbet Agreed, don't know why Dynast isn't a mod yet, he been around since forever, have great hindsight about football and is a pretty strict lad from what I seen, wich is something that could be useful as a mod. Also, why no mention to quickzyyy, the lad is one of the most active user especially on the livescore and he got sound opinion most of the time. :D

chelsea8 8 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Those mods will just bann you bcuz they don't like you or when they lose an argument against you.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11435

@chelsea8 Man, don't be like that, its never for that kind of reason. It sometime just look like that, but I'm pretty sure our mod team is very professional and wouldn't ban people for petty reason like that. :P

Emrecan_58 8 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Hey guys. I was very active 1 and a half years ago. And then I've moved to İzmir for university. Since then I don't have any internet at home. I use my phone or some friends' computers. That's why I can not manage highlights like before. I was very strict and still am but 4 Gigabytes are not enough to do the job. :D I hope I will have internet at home when we move some other place in İzmir once again this year.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11435

@Emrecan Don't worry about that Emre, we understand completely. Whatever happen alway take care of yourself. However, if you would like to give me some tip, I wouldn't be against it, drop on my wall if you don't mind. ;D

Gunner_ 8 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 0 460

Emobot7 yay now you're mod :) congrats.

Emobot7 8 years ago Edited
538 11435

@Emobot7 Thanks lad, don't forget to report on my wall any unaceptable comment, counting on you and the rest of the forum. ;)

• History

@Emobot7 Thanks lad, don't forget to report to me any unaceptable comment on my wall, counting on you and the rest of the forum. ;)

Gunner_ 8 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 0 460

This guy has lots of friends. You all know him. He has got banned several times, but he's back and doing what he's good at. Very confident because he thinks moderators who are friends with him now never ban him again.

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Deleted. Currently speaking to another moderator about actions that need to be taken.

tuan_jinn 8 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@JozeMourinho: thanks for reporting. I have given him a warning, at least on his avatar. And will keep an eyes on his comments

Gunner_ 8 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Germany 0 460

Yeah calling others twat is a right thing to do. You know, it makes your arguments very strong too.

• History

Yeah calling others twat is a right thing to do.

JozeMourinho 8 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

@tuan_jinn Thank you for replying so quick lad! I was mostly referring to his comments

Gunner_ 8 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 0 460

I would have banned almost everyone in this thread for life.
It's not their first time, not their last, and they keep doing it. Why do we keep them again?

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

@Gunner

Great performance by London's second team

Wow, you talk smack about someone and then request all the people who responded to it should be banned. Yes, some of them should, because they violated the rules of this site. But a few of those violate no rules this forum has, and you seem to take issue with them only because they disagreed with you.

If I were to post that City were Manchester's second team, irrelevant of if I believe that or not, I'm going to get some negative feedback.

Gunner_ 8 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 0 460

@SunFlash
I don't really care about negative feedback. You see I have never verbally attacked anyone here (or anywhere to be honest). Trolling, specially with fans of rival teams, is fine, it actually is good and very laughable. It's like everyone says 4rsenal, it's funny. But when someone starts attacking others verbally, that's against TOS and everything. Just read these. The comments are not towards the teams but the individuals. I hope I'm clear.
And I have got two thumbs ups. Because my comment is funny :P

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

@Gunner

So you would have banned all of them for life. Specifically for verbally attacking someone.

How many of them actually did?

Maurico actually didn't insult anyone until his final post, and even then, it's hard to argue with his point. Newcastle are not better than Spurs. Swearing is allowed on this forum.
KaKa didn't verbally attack anyone either, unless you consider the title "Spurs boy" an attack, which we can't, or your "London's second team" could also be considered one, and somehow I doubt you want to be banned in this scenario.
Crazy called someone an asshole. I do that all the time. He'd have to one-up that to be banned imo.
Lonadaria didn't verbally attack anyone directly, just two entire fanbases. You have done this yourself in the past, although not in such harsh terms. Nevertheless, doesn't violate the rules, and that would be a really harsh trolling ban.
Nerra also didn't violate any rules, just offered an opinion that directly contradicted yours. I suspect that's sarcastic to point out the flaw in your own argument, but even if it isn't, we can't ban someone just for having an opinion that isn't conventional.

Shariq is a fucking retard. Ban me.

You see what I'm saying? This is one of the reasons I don't even entertain the idea of modding anymore, the lower classes of internet trolls are bad enough, but the self-appointed vigilante reporters are even worse, especially because they get all up on their high horse when as a mod you don't ban people that haven't broken the rules.