Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Transfer Free Talk Summer 2021
Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

Your usual thread to discuss football transfer and rumours.

Here some done deals:

• Aguero, Eric Garcia and Emerson Royal to Barca
  • Upamecano to Bayern
  • David Alaba to Real Madrid
  • Mike Maignan to AC Milan
  • Konate to Liverpool

And here some rumours or news:

• Fernandinho to be released by City
  • Wignaldum should be joining PSG instead of Barca
  • Depay is linked with Barcelona
  • Leicester is targeting Celtic striker Odsonne Edouard
  • Harry Kane would like to leave Spurs and join another English top side

Now, tell us what you think of the already done deals and the possible upcoming one.

Comments
quikzyyy 3 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I hope Inter refuse to sell Lukaku so we can get Martinez but for that we would have to spend money...

quikzyyy 3 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Imagine getting Donnaruma, Ramos, Wijnaldum & Messi in one transfer window completely for free.

Pochettino went from training Eric Dier, Harry Winks, Ben Davies to training Messi, Mbappe, Neymar, Donarruma, Ramos.

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

@quikzyyy Yeah, can't see Arsenal signing Martinez right now...

As for Pochettino, thing sure got amazingly better for him in term of quality, now he just need some results to permit him to keep this up. He had a good run in CL last season but if he does get Messi, I expect the pressure will be even higher than before.

Emrecan_58 3 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

@quikzyyy Doesn't sound so bad to me.

How does 100M for Grealish not sound so bad to you bro :D

quikzyyy 3 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

@Emo he blew one horse race to Lille last season and already lost a Supercup to Lille this season, imagine not winning Champions League with Neymar, Mbappe, Messi, Ramos, Donnaruma & co. This qatar team is absolute joke, probably spending more on salaries than rest of the league combined.

_Pelle_ 3 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

@quikzyyy

Post covid market:
City 100m for Grealish
Chelsea 120m for Lukaku

PSG:
Donnarumma free transfer
Wijnaldum free transfer
Ramos free transfer
Messi free transfer? 🤷‍♂️😁

_Pelle_ 3 years ago Edited

If PSG manage to sign Messi as a free agent...

Is PGS s transfer window the best in football history?

Do you know any team that have had a better tranfer window?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

If PSG manage to sign Messi as a free agent...

Is PGS s transfer window the best in football history?

Do you kno any team that have had a better tranfer window?

uncle_touchy 3 years ago Edited
Manchester United, England 3 123

Ramos 35 years old and Messi 34 years old. It's a great window no doubt but they can't go on at the very top for much longer aye although I'd love to watch them forever. They will hangup their boots in the near future.

• History

Ramos 35 years old and Messi 34 years old. It's a great window no doubt but they can't go on at the very top for much longer aye although I'd love to watch them forever. They will hangup their boots in the near future.

I need to get in contact with a mod. My wall is fine. If I added you was just to ask a favour. 🙄🙄😄

Emobot7 3 years ago Edited
538 11432

I meant it as in those team doesn't seem too affected by covid. XD

@quikzyyy Ya, Pochettino might have been given some leniency last season cause he arrived mid-season but he got no excuse for the Supercup and even less for the rest of the seasons, pressure will be quite high and it will be up to him to show he's up to it. Otherwise, I don't expect he will stay for long.

@Pelle If they get Messi for real on a free, then yes, for sure, its might be one of the best transfer window in the history of footballs.

@uncle_touchy Obviously, thats a short-term move in hope of immediate effect, they will be hoping both Messi and Ramos got 1 or 2 top level seasons where they can boost their chance of winning the CL. They propably also hope this will promote their brand for the next few years. Honestly, I know I will watch a lot more PSG games next season if they got both Ramos and Messi in their lineup.

• History

I meant it as in those team doesn't seem too affected by covid. XD

@quikzyyy Ya, Pochettino might have been given some leniency last season cause he arrived mid-season but he got no excuse for the Supercup and even less for the rest of the seasons, pressure will be quite high and it will be up to him to show he's up to it.

@Pelle If they get Messi for real on a free, then yes, for sure, its might be one of the best transfer window in history of footballs.

@uncle_touchy Obviously, thats a short-term move in hope of immediate effect, they will be hoping both Messi and Ramos got 1 or 2 top level seasons where they can boost their chance of winning the CL. They propably also hope this will promote their brand for the next few years. Honestly, I know I will watch a lot more PSG games next season if they got both Ramos and Messi in their lineup.

United_Hates_Blues 3 years ago
Manchester United, England 14 985

@ Emobot7 I can see exactly what you're saying. Ligue1 won't require too much man power. They'd have a big chance of reaching very far in champions League if they stay fit.

uncle_touchy 3 years ago

Hahaha I already see where this is going Emo and agreed. Also stole your meme since it's relevant. Also it's not all bad ligue 1 some teams may surprise you. 🙈😏😏😏

enter image description here

@uncle_touchy:
PSG already have a squad that can make it to the finals. What they need are players with the experience of winning to help them get over that last hurdle. There are few people who knows how to win more, on club level, than Messi and Ramos.

PSG need players that can help them win now, not in 5 years. So age is not of great importance especially when it comes to GOATish players.

• History

@uncle_touchy:
PSG already have a squad that can make it to the finals. What they need are players with the experience of winning to help them get over that last hurdle. Theere few people who knows how to win more, on club level, than Messi and Ramos.

PSG need players that can help them win now, not in 5 years. So age is not of great importance especially when it comes to GOATish players.

Ligue 1 is not sh*t... at least not in terms of quality talent it produces. In that regard I would call it the best league in the world. The reason it doesnt reach the same level of success on the pitch is because other leagues, particularly epl and la liga, keep buying their best players every year. So to me it sounds extremely hypocritical to whine about PSG buying players from other leagues.
-Does it make ligue 1 less exciting?: yes, but it wasn’t that exciting as the best leagues even prior to PSG getting rich.
-Does it make it too predictable?: yes, but not much less than many other leagues around europe. Just look at bundesliga, serie A, scottish league etc. And in leagues where you don’t have one single team winning everything, you have 2-3.
-Is it unfair that one team in league can get very rich: yes and I would even say too unfair.
-Is it cheating to have a sugar daddy: absolutely not, because in the end football has become a business. And when running a business one of the main ways to be succesful is to have investors put money into your business. You can hate the setup, but in the end, in this cruel world, you’re not going to be a winner. Neither in terms of trophies, fans or economically if you don’t approve of this.

Finally... everyone wants FFP but in reality the fans wants FFP to be applied on other teams except for their own. Because if FFP was to be 100% fair towards everyone, every big team in Euorope would lose on such a deal. Barca Real madrid Man Utd PSG Juve Chelsea etc etc etc and the winners would be all smaller clubs.

Tell me which of the big teams fans would deep down like to see their team win less just to make it more fair for the small/tiny clubs?!

• History

Ligue 1 is not sh*t... at least not in terms of quality talent it produces. In that regard I would call it the best league in the world. The reason it doesnt reach the same level of success on the pitch is because other leagues, particularly epl and la liga, keep buying their best players every year. So to me it sounds extremely hypocritical to whine about PSG buying players from other leagues.
-Does it make the league less exciting?: yes, but it wasn’t as exciting as the best leagues even prior to PSG getting rich.
-Does it make it too predictable?: yes, but not much less than many other leagues around europe. Just look at bundesliga, serie A, scottish league etc. And in leagues where you don’t have one single team winning everything, you instead have only 2-3.
-Is it unfair that one team in league can get very rich: yes and I would even say too unfair.
-Is it cheating to have a sugar daddy: absolutely not, because in the end football has become a business. And when running a business one of the main ways to be succesful is to have investors put money into your business. You can hate the setup, but in the end, in this cruel world, you’re not going to be a winner. Neither in terms of trophies, fans or economically.

Finally... everyone wants FFP but in reality the fans wants FFP to be applied on other teams except for their own. Because if FFP was to be 100% fair towards everyone, every big team in Euorope would lose on such a deal. Barca Real madrid Man Utd PSG Juve Chelsea etc etc etc and the winners would be all smaller clubs.

-Does it make ligue 1 less exciting?: yes, but it wasn’t that exciting as the best leagues even prior to PSG getting rich.
-Does it make it too predictable?: yes, but not much less than many other leagues around europe. Just look at bundesliga, serie A, scottish league etc. And in leagues where you don’t have one single team winning everything, you have 2-3.
-Is it cheating to have a sugar daddy: absolutely not, because in the end football has become a business. And when running a business one of the main ways to be succesful is to have investors put money into your business. You can hate the setup, but in the end, in this cruel world, you’re not going to be a winner. Neither in terms of trophies, fans or economically if you don’t approve of this.

uncle_touchy 3 years ago

Barca are screwed in terms of the wage cap La Ligs put on them cause of debt. FFP hasn't been in effect cause of the pandemic. City are still under investigation. I'd said that would never go away
Truth is some teams might spend the lot and never win the CL. 😁🤣🤣 Fair enough I'd say psg with Messi and Sergio are definitely in the finals. Football the gift that keeps giving.

quikzyyy 3 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Barca paid the price for being run by idiots, they lost Messi and knows if they will be able to register Aguero & Depay.

Madrid is generating huge revenue + their spending past seasons is pretty low, even lower than Inter Milan or Atletico Madrid.

Man. United is generating so much revenue, they can afford to spend big.

PSG on the other hand next time can be sanctioned is in 3 years. Therefore, what they want is to win the Champions League and if they are sanctioned in 3 years it will have been worth it. Three reasons: the economic arrangement has been found, the FFP has been relaxed and the French government will help. You're basically backed up by not only Qatar but also French government. Messi salary alone will probably be higher than players from remaining 19 teams together, add to that salaries of Neymar, Mbappe, Ramos and others, impossible to fit in FFP.

My unpopular opinion: both City & PSG are basically cancer of football, playing football manager in real life because they face no consequences.

_Pelle_ 3 years ago

@quikzyyy:

”A team can spend more because it generates more”... is as unfair as it gets. No less than having a sugar daddy. Because you lock all other teams out from ever catching up.

How? Basically the team you let spend the most get the Highest chance of getting the best players. Consequently that team have the biggest chance of winning, and therefore get highest revenue. This is a circle of evil because you forbid all other teams to spend money aquired from anywhere else but from this circle.

How will they ever beat the team that has been given the right to spend the most?! You can talk about revenue all day long but ultimately you’re forbidding teams to spend on equal terms. You’re forcing them to spend according to rules that benefit some over others.

As for Man Utd... don’t act like they haven’t had private investors pump in money into the club. They even did it with borrowed money. Of course they can generate under such circumstances.

And look at Real madrid and FC Barcelona how they got favorable loans. If you let those kind of teams spend more, they will generate more. And thats what many people against sugar daddies advocate... To me thats not more fair than having sugar daddies. And its cheating the game.

Don’t get me wrong, I have nothing against limiting the impact of sugar daddies like the ones of PSG. I am for having a salary cap similar to american versions, and a fixed sum for spending equal to all teams in a certain league.
I know it would be very hard to implement but thats what I still see as the best option.

expertfootball11 3 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Well to be fair to PSG they spent several seasons not recruiting anyone, and they let Cavani and others go, so they are still pretty balanced....

quikzyyy 3 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

As much as Manchester United is not my favourite team, they absoluely deserve to spend the money they earnt, they are one of the biggest brands in the whole world. They are actually generating income. Sure they have loans, like every single club in the world. That's a legitimate way of buying something, don't have money for buying new stadium? You take a loan like Spurs for example.

How do PSG/City generate income? Shady deals backed by government without any consequences. City was breaking FFP because they can, same with PSG. No matter how many rules PSG break, how many shady deals of fake income you generate. You're backed by French government, owned by Qatar government, which is hosting World Cup in 18 months. Having Ramos, Neymar, Mbappe & Messi in the team winning the UCL is their wet dream which they are buying.

[Onda Cero] In PSG they are very clear that they want to fit all the players [including Mbappe]. The next time PSG can be sanctioned is in 3 years. Therefore, what they want is to win the Champions League and if they are sanctioned in 3 years it will have been worth it.

Very cool system

_Pelle_ 3 years ago

@quikzyyy:
Im not against Man Utd spending...and don’t care how much they actually do spend. Im against limiting others from spending. It shouldnt be bound to the teams revenue. Which in 99% of the cases is lower than what you want to let Man Utd spend. You’re not creating a fair ”ffp” system that way. Regardless of PSG.

If you had a company and you had two choices to make it grow... one is to have investors put in money in your business, and the other is borrowing huge amounts from banks? Which one do you pick? Exactly!

When you say PSG make shady deals that break ffp... To begin with I think the ffp rules generally suck. They don’t make things better, but only worse imo. From that point of view I couldnt be too bothered with a deal that could ”break” a rule that in itself suck.

Heres my point... ffp rules help teams like Man Utd, Real madrid, Barcelona B Munich etc maintain their positions forever and prevents smaller teams from ever catching up. That is a rotten system imo, no matter how much Man Utd deserve to spend.
As for PSG and sugar daddy teams, I think that the ffp system does benefit them too, but is even more flawed in regard to those teams.

I want to see a system that doesnt let a team spend more than another team in the same league.

_Pelle_ 3 years ago

expertfootball11:
They havent spent more than most big clubs the last seasons, since the mbappe/Neymar deals, and even then they actually sold a bunch of players. And this season almost every new player has been a free agent. I think last season they even went plus on transfers because they were limited in their spending.