Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Arsenal finally Champions again after 19 years
Footy_watch 1 year ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

Now it looks really convincing that we will finally win the league again. If we get 3 top players that we need in January, then it will basically be gauranteed.

Comments
Emobot7 1 year ago
538 11432

@Footy I mean, you guys are looking good but its way too early to scream victory, if you had a one or two run of poor games, you could be overtaken by City, Tottenham or even Newcastle.

As for transfert, doubt Arteta will bring a lot of new players, would suck to shake the team balance and hurt the cohesion they got going. Beside, they already spend a lot (for their standard) in the summer, I kinda doubt they will have much budget in the winter. Remember Arsenal just not that kind of team sadly.

Its also worth mentionning that player might be affected by the world cup and not come back in the same disposition. Hopefully, that could be true for other team as well but there is a risk its hurt Arsenal current form. Now, on the positive side of thing, Odegaard not going to the WC (like Haaland) mean he can rest and prepare for the next game at Arsenal.

Do I think Arsenal can win the league this season? Yes, I actually think they could do it. But it require a couple of thing, one of these thing is that they keep up the momentum despite WC, another one is that City doesn't start going on crazy run where they win 5-10 games in a row and finally, that Tottenham stop getting away with what their doing because right they are very close behind despite winning lots of game by the skin of their teeth.

DarthFooty 1 year ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

I love the confidence in your team but it is too early to peg them as champions. With teams like City, Newcastle, and Spurs still in the picture and a ton of games still to play, anything can happen.

If Arsenal opens up the pocketbooks in winter for a few more players, sure that can help, but I agree that it might cause some harm to team chemistry. Besides, which top 3 players are you considering? Outside injury, your side is looking solid from front to back with its current roster. What positions do you think they need?

Footy_watch 1 year ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

We need a goalscorer and a backup for Partey. The third one I was thinking about is a goalscoring midfielder but maybe Odegaard has stepped up his game

Footy_watch 1 year ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

Tottenham were never title challengers and they will be 10 points behind us if we win our game in hand. Our games against City seems to be the defining fixtures at the moment.

_Pelle_ 1 year ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

Looks good so far. But it’s only been 15 games.

_Pelle_ 1 year ago

I wonder though if Newcastle with their sugar daddies will become a permanent top 4 team🤔

Emobot7 1 year ago
538 11432

@Pelle Here the crazy thing, Newcastle is doing really good right now but their new sugar daddies have barely started investing money into the club. Or at least, not in a manner that would be sufficient to magically explain how good they are doing. I mean, on the transfer window, they went for very realist and humble target, Bruno Guimaraes being one of the only player ressembling a star signing for them.

Most of how they are doing right now, they owe it to smart management and Eddie Howe which is still to this day one of the most underated manager in the world. Most peoples don't realize he's a man who managed to get a team promoted from the 4th division of English football to the premier league in around 6 years. Thats 1 promotion every 2 years, thats honestly very impressive for me.

I mean, when you check some of Newcastle best players, you remark some of them were there before the takeover, player like Almiron, Joelinton, Saint-Maximin.

I mean, sure, they got money, they are using it but they clearly taking their time and going smart as well about it.

_Pelle_ 1 year ago

Yeah I actually noticed that too. In fact it was the reason I wrote the comment. If they manage to be good without splashing money… it could turn into something really scary.
Because at that point they can ”splash” money on weak positions and not like other teams… just for the sake of bringing in big names.

Having money is good, but being smart too is what gets you silverware.

Emobot7 1 year ago
538 11432

@Pelle Yeah, I can see what you mean, Newcastle looking really good without really splashing the cash so if they ever decide to do it... we could be in for a long time at having them competing for top 4 at the very least.

Footy_watch 1 year ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

Woah I completely forgot Newcastle have been winning without Saint Maximin. They seem like dark horses in the title race

tomdupon2 1 year ago
Manchester United, England 0 4

you shouldnt be celebrating arsenal winning the league yet haha 3 top players? you lost jesus and dont have a back up. getting rid of gabriel and buying a striker is a good idea, bring white central, but far too early to judge the season.

Footy_watch 1 year ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

Yh our title hopes are hanging by a thread if Arteta plays our league one level striker nketiah. Martinelli should play in Jesus's position but I doubt Arteta will do that.

Footy_watch 1 year ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

We are back In business and look stronger than before the world cup. Our team play is so strong that we can continue on our run without Jesus.

Footy_watch 1 year ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

We are running away with the title now. I dont know how city dropped points to Everton, a team with a manager we expect will get sacked but it proves we will win the title.

I only have doubts because if partey and any or our CBs get injured, then we will start to drop points.

Emobot7 1 year ago Edited
538 11432

Wow oh wow, I'm gonna remain cautious for a while but its starting to really look good. City having trouble with consistency is really big for Arsenal because right now, the Gunners are winning the games they should which has propably been Arsenal biggest problem for a while. Sure, its important to be good against top team but the key to win a league is the consistency to win against the smaller sides.

Arsenal vs Newcastle next week is gonna be important, if Arsenal win that, they propably only gonna have to worry about City anymore.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Wow oh wow, I'm gonna remain cautious for a while but its starting to really look good. City having trouble with consistency is really big for Arsenal because right now, the Gunners are winning the games they should which has propably Arsenal biggest problem for a while. Sure, its important to be good against top team but the key to win a league is the consistency to win against the smaller sides.

Arsenal vs Newcastle next week is gonna be important, if Arsenal win that, they propably only gonna have to worry about City anymore.

Footy_watch 1 year ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

More statistics in our favour:

Best starts in the league after 16 games:

City 46 points, won the league
Liverpool 46 points, won the league
Chelsea 43 points, won the league
Arsenal 43 points, will we win the league?

DarthFooty 1 year ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

It is very cool to see Arsenal doing so well. Always helps the league when more teams challenge for the title.

Not looking to jinx the gunners at all, but the season still does have a long way to go. Plus, there are some very interesting match-ups over the next month and a half. Mix in all the cup matches coming in.

The WC brought a much-needed break for some teams/players, for those not involved in the cup, but it also created a bottled-up schedule with teams playing every three days.

If Arsenal can continue to pick up max points where they should, and not drop points in the bigger matches, they do look good for a betting favorite towards the end of the season.

Emobot7 1 year ago
538 11432

Honestly, I thought Arsenal and Newcastle seemed pretty even in their match. Arsenal was slightly better but had hard time creating enough dangerous occassion to win it. Newcastle with Eddie Howe are just ridiculous solid and despite the fact Arsenal should have been given at least one pen, I thought the draw was fair based on the rest of the game.

Footy_watch 1 year ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

It's crazy Chelsea signed the two players we needed.
However, I'm happy we didn't overspend for mudryk because we can use that money to buy 3 players who are premier league proven. We have no game changers in the bench at the moment.

Emobot7 1 year ago
538 11432

@Footy Yeah, I don't know much about Mudryk but over 80 millions for a player who isn't proven at the top level, even less in the premier league, seem like a risky gamble.