Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Arsenal finally Champions again after 19 years
Footy_watch 1 year ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

Now it looks really convincing that we will finally win the league again. If we get 3 top players that we need in January, then it will basically be gauranteed.

Comments
DarthFooty 12 months ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

95/96 was a bad season for QPR. haha

Newcastle had what, a 12-point lead in the early new year against Man Utd. Jan to May is a LONG time.

Footy_watch 12 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

Newcastle had what, a 12-point lead in the early new year against Man Utd. Jan to May is a LONG time.

https://www.premierleague.com/matchweek/149/table

By matchweek 30 which was in March 16-20, man utd reached Newcastle on the same points so it was not even close to how bad we bottled it.

quikzyyy 11 months ago
Arsenal 429 9002

But they had the lead, we only had 8 points lead because City always had 1 or 2 matches less than us, that's different, either way City is better team than us and I'm not surprised they took over us with their unreal squad depth.

Footy_watch 11 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

I'm not surprised they took over us with their unreal squad depth.

What nonsense. Man city have used the 2nd least players In their league compared to all the teams in every top European league.

Man city's quality is irrelevant to us failing to beat relegation teams which we are expected to thrash.

_Pelle_ 11 months ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

That loss was a horror show. I was speechless.

quikzyyy 11 months ago
Arsenal 429 9002

it's actually amazing we kept up pace for so long with this City squad, they dispatched best Champions League team like sunday league game

Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

it's actually amazing we kept up pace for so long with this City squad

City were not like this until the recent months actually. It doesn't matter how good they are because we dropped points against relegation teams which we are expected to thrash. If this didn't happen we would've won the league.

quikzyyy 11 months ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Because they didn't need to be, they are simply better team and deserve to be first.

Emobot7 11 months ago
538 11432

Arsenal were class for most of the season but they are sadly a bit short on depth, really similar to the season Liverpool pushed City all season long before losing it on 1 point.

I agree with quikzyyy, it looked worse for Arsenal because City had lots of game yet to play compared to Arsenal.

Lot of people will remember Arsenal bottling it but to me, what more amazing were that they been in the position to bottle in the first place. Honestly, not a lot of fans would have predicted Arsenal to finish second even fewer I think would have predicted they would lead the league for a long time.

I get it, it suck, it look like Arsenal might have gotten a chance but lets be honest, second place is already an amazing step up to build on for Arsenal. Hope most Gunners realize that as well.

_Pelle_ 11 months ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

Pathetic ending…
0-3 against Brighton
0-1 against Nottingham

SunFlash 11 months ago
USA 19 3260

@quik

Agree. Arsenal has at no point this year been better than City. But they were able to grind out results City didn't, until they couldn't anymore.

Sometimes people forget that the objectively better team doesn't always win. If they did, no one would watch. In the USA, NFL games are on Sunday, and we have the saying "any given Sunday" meaning that on any gameday, anyone can beat anyone.

Arsenal was in a position to win the league, despite being not as good as City. They dropped a lot of games in the second half that in the first half of the year they did not. People will accuse them of bottling, but I'm inclined to think they were overperforming to begin with. Of course, I'm the first to underestimate Arsenal, so grain of salt.

In the end, people are quick to accuse Arsenal of "bottling the league" an accusation that doesn't really have traction in the other sports I follow, but in reality, I think people should commend Arsenal for competing so closely with a team, and honestly with a league, that had appeared to pass them by. By every analytical measure, transfers, wages, budget, owners, etc - Arsenal shouldn't even be in the top 4. We should recognize their achievement this season, and not consider it a lost season simply because they couldn't pip a team with every advantage over them.

However, if one thing remains true in the absolutely toxic world of European football fandom, people are slow to congratulate, and quick to dogpile.

Footy_watch 11 months ago Edited
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

Arsenal has at no point this year been better than City

Severe delusion. Yh let's just ignore us being top for 93% of the season. The table represents the best team and we were the best for 8 months.

I dont know any other team in Europe who were in first place for such a long time without winning the league.

This is the biggest bottling of a league title and too many losers want to turn a blind eye to this obvious reality.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Arsenal has at no point this year been better than City

Severe delusion. Yh let's just ignore us being top for 93% of the season. The table represents the best team and we were the best for 8 months.

I dont know any other team in Europe who were in first place for such a long time without winning the league.

This is the biggest bottling or a league title and too many losers want to turn a blind eye to the reality.

SunFlash 11 months ago
USA 19 3260

I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on a regression analysis at somepoint! Do you honestly believe that the "better" team (using whatever set of variables you want to define "better") wins every time?

Gennady 11 months ago
Manchester United 284 3961

Most days spent at the Top of the Premier League table without winning the Title:

Arsenal 2022/23 - 248

Newcastle 1995/96 - 212
Arsenal 2002/03 - 189
Manchester United 1997/98 - 187
Arsenal 2007/08 - 156

Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

The better team wins most of the time. Therefore, you can't be the better team and not be ahead after a long period of time.

If Chelsea, Liverpool, man utd were in our position this season, they would have seen it through to the end and won the league against a top City side. Even any other title winner like Leicester would've seen it through to the end.

Wenger is still keeping us from success with his ugly culture of top 4 being a trophy.

Now I can never trust us to win the league and champions league until we actually win it.

quikzyyy 11 months ago
Arsenal 429 9002

United literally didn't see it through when Agueroooo happened.
Liverpool barely did it once, and their squad was twice better than ours.

It was actually a miracle we kept up pace with City for so long.
enter image description here

DarthFooty 11 months ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

Something to consider with all teams that had players in the World Cup is the pre-performance vs post. Some players might not have been pushing it before the cup, keeping themselves fit, but after, they went into normal season mode.

Footy_watch 11 months ago Edited
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

You are ignoring context. None of them were at the top for most of the season like us. I'm saying they wouldn't have dropped so many points against the relegation teams like us which would've made them win the title.

Pochettino took Tottenham to 86 points! It's unacceptable that we have dropped so many points to relegation team, there are no excuses for this.

• History

You are ignoring context. None of them were at the top for such a long time. I'm saying they wouldn't have dropped points against the relegation teams like us which would've made them win the title.

Pochettino took Tottenham to 86 points! It's unacceptable that we have dropped so many points to relegation team, there are no excuses for this.

You are ignoring context. None of them were at the top for such a long time. I'm saying they wouldn't have dropped points against the relegation teams like us which would've made them win the title.

Emobot7 11 months ago Edited
538 11432

@Footy_watch Football is a game played on the field, no amount of preparation and of spending can secure a win before the final whistle is heard. City are in position to realize the treble yet they lost in the League Cup against Southampton, the team with the fewest point in the league.

Losing against such teams propably isn't excusable for them when you think about it but in the end, it happened but that didn't stop them from coming back strong in the league and winning the title.

The better team doesn't alway win the match but they tend to win more games overall, its the capacity to come back from a loss, no matter against who, that make the difference between class in teams.

In the end of the day, its not use being angry at which game you shouldn't have lost that you did. What matter is winning the most game, thats how you win a league. I mean, for all they cared, City dropped points against Everton but it didn't mattered in the end.

The detail aren't important in the end, its the overall results that is.

• History

@Footy_watch Football is a game played on the field, no amount of preparation and of spending can secure a win before the final whistle is heard. City are in position to realize the treble yet they lost in the League Cup against Southampton, the team with the fewest point in the league.

Losing against such teams propably isn't excusable for them when you think about it but in the end, it happened but that didn't stop them from coming back strong in the league and winning the title.

The better team doesn't alway win the match but they tend to win more games overall, its the capacity to come back from a loss, no matter against who, is what make the difference between class in teams.

In the end of the day, its not use being angry at which game you shouldn't have lost that you did. What matter is winning the most game, thats how you win a league. I mean, for all they cared, City dropped points against Everton but it didn't mattered in the end.

The detail aren't important in the end, its the overall results that is.