{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Who Will Win The World Cup 2018? Vote!
Comments
ramaboy10 7 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Too early to say tbh

Lilywhite 7 years ago
28 468

I realize it's early, but it's mainly to get a grasp on who are considered the biggest favorites right now. Also, it's fun. :)

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

If I look at where teams are looking to be two years from now, France is the clear candidate. Pogba and Griezmann are already fantastic players, Umtiti and Varane will be in their prime, Martial and Coman will be better developed, and Benzema may be reinstated. Or they might find a new target striker, who knows.

Germany are always competitive, England are always not, and I'm not sold on Spain. Italy and Brazil are interesting cases that could be legit powers in two years' time.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Agree with SunFlash on France.

Brazil is looking fantastic and scary under Tite. too

Golazo111 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

France has insane young players, if by some reason they are not ready in 2018 they will be ready in 2022.
Otherwise Argentina got a new coach so they can also win it with Messi and Dybala.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

France has insane young players, if by some reason they are not ready in 2018 they will be ready in 2022.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Iran ofcourse lol maybe argentina with sampaoli.

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

^ we have to qualify first, at the moment it looks bleak. Really want to see what sampaoli can do against brazil

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

@rai I can not imagine a workd cup without argentina, hope they make it!

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Worst case for Argentina would be to play the playoffs for the World Cup, something that Mexico did and they got to play New Zealand and qualified after that.

DarthFooty 7 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1098

Outside of the normal top teams that seem to go deep in every cup, I like Brazil this time around most. France is right there as well though.

Salahadin 7 years ago
Real Madrid, France 11 554

Portugal will win it with CR7.

United_Hates_Blues 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 14 985

Lol, someone was seriously drunk when they voted for England.

nigelpayne 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 15 484

very drunk @united hates blues :-)

Im going for France. Although i think Belgium has the strongest squad they never seem to perform

tuan_jinn 7 years ago Edited

Belgium seems to be the new England.

Argentina is in pretty deep sh!t, and lucky for them the inconsistent Fifa lift the ban for Messi. I do hope they qualify though :(. Worldcup wouldn't be the same without Messi or Ronaldo

• History

Belgium seems to be the new England.

iHEARTfootball 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United 38 1000

Has to be either France or Portugal. I have a gut feeling it'll be Portugal. Not only because it's the last trophy Ronaldo needs to fulfill his life's achievements (as is Messi), but Portugal in general are slowly becoming a very strong nation as a whole.

I think the 2018 WC Portugal squad will be their strongest yet, even surpassing the 2006 squad.

• History

Has to be either France or Portugal. I have a gut feeling it'll be Portugal. Not only because it's the last trophy Ronaldo needs to fulfill his life's achievements (as is Messi), but Portugal in general are slowly becoming a very strong nation as a whole. I think the upcoming Portugal squad will be their strongest yet, even surpassing the 2006 squad.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago

Portugal is certainly stronger now.

2016 squad was decent defensively, not that strong. What they did was an unexpected achievement.

I agree, with the improvement they have now and if Ronaldo keeps his form... Portugal would be a good candidate

VAMOSBenfica 7 years ago
15 183

Portugal have every chance of winning. They have one of the most tactically intelligent coaches, and quite possibly the most talented main + youth squads in the world only after France.

Some of them are already getting transfers to the big clubs for huge money, see Silva to City, Raphael to Dortmund, Sanches to Bayern, Gomes to Barca, Semedo to Barca.

However, their success will largely depend on already world class veterans such as Ronaldo, Pepe, Moutinho, Nani (who for some reason always plays well for Portugal).

I think Portugal, funnily enough, have bigger chance than my Argentina, and "Ronaldo + Messi final World Cups" is a factor, though I don't see this as either's final World Cup (definitely not Ronaldo's, he will go on till he's 40).

legends16 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

How is Iceland not on that list? :D :D :D

Lilywhite 7 years ago
28 468

Iceland is not on the list because they're not a big enough name to hold their own in this poll, even if they did well in the Euros.

Italy and Spain with 0 votes lol, Portugal with most votes, could this be because of a certain CR7? ;)