Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Who Will Win The World Cup 2018? Vote!
Comments
Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Just ignore how Messi couldn't do anything in CL nor La Liga once Ronaldo started playing and scoring back-to-back hattricks and scoring 2 goals in the final vs Juve when Messi couldn't do anything in 2 games vs Juve. Real Madrid defended CL title and took La Liga title with Ronaldo dominating the score sheets. Messi wished he had done that.

I'm the only here that even tries to put up a counter to the blind rethoric of how Messi is so superior and how Ronaldo is just a lucky guy...He is so lucky he scored from a free kick and won another title for Real Madrid just some week ago :D

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

Guys, please stop with that stupid flaming. :(

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

At least I'm going to stay with my same old opinion, if Messi wins the World Cup he proved he is one of the best players of all time. Without it Pelé tops everyone still. Now you can argue as much as you want about Ronaldo, he proved why he is considered as the best player in the world.

Sportistic 6 years ago
Liverpool, England 1 12

I don't think BRAZIL could win the World Cup this time. I go with Germany, Argentina.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I dont think Argentina has as much chance.

If you watch them during the qualification campaign. At the beginning, they were complete rubbish, and fell deep down the group. Then struggle through the whole qualification, and only be back thanks to Messi being back after his injury. And at the crucial match, they played like rubbish again, and Messi saved them again.

Much like Portugal, they flied on the wing of Ronaldo but at least they know that they are weak and they play defensive and counter. Argentina still think they have good mid and good def.

Well I would go for Germany, Brazil (with Neymar), France and Italy (never drops Italy)

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

No Italy this time

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

@Tuan_jinn About Portugal though, they had a really good team in the euro but many of their players have had rough seasons after that and aren't quite as impressive as they used to be. Renato Sanches or Joao Mario for example have gone down so much, failing to make an impact in Germany and in Italy and being loaned to English where thing haven't even gotten better. And lets not talk about the player who are getting too old and whose form is getting worse and worse now. Now, I really am starting to think it might take something special from CR7 to make them go all the way...

As for Argentina, it will depend on what Sampaoli does, if he manage to make the team play well like a real team and with consistence, I don't see why they wouldn't get a shot at winning WC, however, they have a lot of work ahead of them, thats for sure.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

Brazil is so dependent on neymar for their performance as much as argentina on messi, holland on robben, portugal on ronaldo. the collective teams such as france, germany and spain will definitely make it to knockout rounds. germany and france had the most solid midfield. spain is still a bit weak at the defensive midfield area. argentina and brazil fate depends on whether neymar or messi gets injured during the tournament, which I hope not. I expect mo salah egypt to pull a costa rica upset. there is also a high expectancy on belgium with new manager and thierry, imagine dembele, kdb and hazard bossing the mid with lukaku upfront. my logic tells me brazil to win but my heart wants argentina to win so messi doesn't have to live his life with arguments and comparison. Again, however, these 2 teams are very dependent on their number 10 which needs to avoid injury misfortune. Since it's russia, I think weather is going to be the other factor.

vammy36 6 years ago
Real Madrid, India 0 1

I think Argentina will lift the trophy for FIFA World Cup 2018 this year.

mancitydude 6 years ago
Manchester City, England U20 B 4 244

Spain is the lesser spoken about team who actually have a massive chance of winning!
They have got an immense, world class in-form squad and could probably clinch it.

mancitydude 6 years ago
Manchester City, England U20 B 4 244

Who thinks Nigeria has a chance??

They might not be able to play seeing as they have sold out all their shirts!!!!

Pupper 6 years ago
Juventus 0 214

Spain and Germany for me, then Brazil, France. I'd be really surprised if either of those teams does not win.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

@Mancitydude Spain got the same problem as Germany, they lack a world class striker with experience in these kind of competition.

@Pupper Yeah, I agree, the way I see it, the team you mentioned are the 4 favorite to win it. However, I consider that for each favorite, there is an outsider, so for me, there is also four outsider: Argentina, Portugal, Belgium and England, thought I really doubt England will win it. :P

mattman 6 years ago
Chelsea, Ireland 0 9

It's really hard to look past the usual suspects of Brazil, Germany, France, Spain or even Portugal.

I don't expect England to win, they just need to get the poor performance of the Euro's off their back, and if they can just play with no media pressure they might get as far as the semi's.

Belgium have a team full of stars, but they just struggle to perform, Hazard has put in some outstanding performances during the past season for Chelsea, if he can must a few more of those then they are definite contenders also.

For me personally I'd like to see Argentina do well, Messi is approaching the end of a miraculous career and it would be very fitting to top it off with a World Cup Medal.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

@mattman Belgium problem is that they lack a quality and experimented coach. Up until now, Martinez hasn't been too bad but he doesn't strike me as someone who can beat the top team. I also agree with you about Argentina even if it doesn't look so good for them. Their main advantage is that people doesn't expect them as much as other year. Maybe they'll be able to take other team by suprise a bit.

Lodatz 6 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

I'm going to say Spain. For some reason I just think it's going to happen.

tiki10taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 0 82

Spain 50%
Brazil 20%
France 10%
Germany 10%
Messi 5%
Rest 5% and I’m being generous with the rest.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

@Lodatz @tiki10 Yep, Spain, Brazil, France and Germany are certainly the four favorite for me.

koolkid 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 0 1

Although it's too early to deside or guess both if i was to say it will be Go Germany!! 😀

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@tiki

Why are you sweating so much to prove Ronaldo is apparently worse player than Messi? You will never change my mind because I see it differently but you don’t see me arguing about who is better as if my life depends on it. Just relax, it will be alright . Argentina will go home without winning crap and it won’t change Messi’s status in international stage. He will be still top man but just not so top for national team..