Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Who Will Win The World Cup 2018? Vote!
Comments
tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I dont think it's purely because of Ronaldo or Messi, this forum dont have a lot of fan boys.

Portugal indeed has an amazing squad and with a great tactical mind.

Argentina with the new coach might see some changes, but I doubt it.

And of course France,

Im so sad to see the Netherlands is SOOOOOOO irrelevant right now, and we might miss it freakin AGAIN!

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@Lilly Or it might be because Portugal won the last european championship? :P

Anyway, I don't know why, but I've been greatly impressed by Brazil recently, considering all the player they have, they could cause a suprise in two year from now. Also, its hard not to expect something better from them with their pedigree. ;)

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I'm actually expecting at least a semi-finals appearance from Portugal. They have the quality and the coaching to do so. And they have also proved that they have the drive and mental toughness to do so as well.

I think Brazil and France are the biggest contenders though. I'd be surprised if France isn't in the final.

nigelpayne 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 15 484

Brazil may struggle as it is being held in Russia...it is a genuine factor that teams from countries with warmer climate find it more difficult when the competition is i a country with a cold climate

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Turkey National Team is having the biggest football crisis in its history with bunch of bastards (Arda, Fatih Terim, Federation President Demirören etc). Things have gone out of control after the Euro2016. Everyone is fighting each other. Arda just attacked a jornalist beat the 70 years old while swearing at Fatih Terim and Demirören. He also said he would do it again. Then he is retired from international football 2 days ago. Goalkeeper Volkan Babacan also beat a journalist before Arda's incident. I don't actually care about Arda but this national team needs to be cleaned up. Burak Yılmaz, Selçuk İnan, Volkan Babacan, Fatih Terim and all those involved at the main incident which noone in Turkey knows about, should all be fired from the national team. Yıldırım Demirören also should resign.
We need the youngsters. Our future is great but with all those fucking assholes they will not have the chance to shine in near future.
If we qualify for World Cup, that would be a surprise.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@nigelpayne Didn't think about that, but it actually make a lots of sense. Maybe Iceland will have an advantage then being one of the best northern team in the competition. :D

DarthFooty 7 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1101

That is a good point about the conditions in Russia for the tournament. I still give Brazil the best shot. They are the only team outside Europe, to win a Cup held in Europe.

Forza_Malaysia 7 years ago
Malaysia 0 5

France really have a great youngster

I think they can win world cup next year

Who know

Forza_Malaysia 7 years ago
Malaysia 0 5

Italy also could be a candidate

With a bunch of great player

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@Forza_Malaysia Agreed, those two could be great contender for sure. Though I don't think Italy will be able to win, I don't know why. :(

Hadyn2003 7 years ago
Manchester City, Brazil 1 10

definitely brazil

Alon_boy 7 years ago
Real Madrid, England 0 1

It’s a great time to take stock of the World Cup picture for Russia 2018. Here are five favorites to win the tournament.

1.Germany

The defending champions. The consensus chalk pick. Consistency is key. Joachim Low has coached since 2006. The Germans have reached the semifinals or better at the last six major tournaments. Germany will have an experienced core of World Cup winners: Neuer, Hummels, Boateng, Ozil, Kroos, Muller, Khedira. But the scary part may be their depth.

Germany won the Confederations Cup with what was essentially a youth team. Only two players in the 23-man squad had 20 caps. None more than 30. The Mannschaft may not win. But they are a safe bet to be thereabouts.

2.France

Consistency has never been a trademark for the French. But Les Bleus should enter 2018 with the tournament’s most talented squad. The potential is staggering. Three of our current Top 10 players in the world – Griezmann, Kanté, and Pogba – are in their primes. Wee 18-year-old Kylian Mbappé is the world’s most sought after youth prospect. Young starlets Lemar, Tolisso, Coman, and Martial have yet to make an impact.

Historically, France has relied on a star to step forward. Tournament triumphs come when there’s a Platini or Zidane. The man of the moment must be a bigger-name player than Dimitri Payet. One mild concern: the French need to qualify. France trails Sweden in their group on goal difference, and the Dutch are lurking for the second-place playoff spot. One untimely result could see the world’s best team eliminated from the tournament before it starts. No pressure.

3.Brazil

A Neymar-less Brazil went down with indignity at Copa America Centenario in 2016, exiting in the group stage. Since that tournament, Tite took over as coach. He improved things, dramatically. The Brazilians are 8-0 in competitive matches since. They have outscored opponents over that span 25-2. Toughest CONMEBOL qualifying campaign ever? The Brazilians sit nine points clear, have a +25 goal difference, and have already qualified with four matches remaining.

Will Brazil be “Brazil” again? They need that extra gear to put good teams away in the knockout rounds. Neymar being in fine fettle is a must. Brazil will also place much of their faith in Jesus, Gabriel Jesus. The 20-year-old forward, who joined Manchester City in January, has five goals in his first seven national team appearances. Brazil looks much more like Brazil when there’s a Ronaldo or a Romario up front than a Fred.

4.Argentina

The Argentines have been skunked in three-straight tournament finals. They lost the 2014 World Cup Final to Germany. Chile beat them in two Copa finals on penalties. The team that can call on Lionel Messi, Sergio Aguero, and Gonzalo Higuain among others up front failed to score. That denied Messi his international tournament one, the one omission on what may be the all-time greatest résumé.

A transcendent star carrying a pedestrian group on his back to a final is the Argentine paradigm. Messi is more than capable of doing so again, if Argentina can qualify. They sit in fifth place in the CONMEBOL qualification standings, meaning they would play off to reach the tournament. Much of the trouble has been missing Messi. The Argentines have earned just seven of 21 points in matches without him. Fortunately for Argentina, FIFA rescinded a suspension that would have knocked him out for three of the four qualifiers left.

5.Spain

Spain won three-straight major tournaments from 2008-12. The world adapted to tiki-taka (and nature took its course with Xavi). Things have not been the same since. Spain went down in the group stage of 2014 and only reached the Round of 16 at the Euros. The Spanish have lost four of their last seven matches at major tournaments.

The Spanish rebooted off he pitch. Vicente del Bosque took his talents to noble retirement. Julen Lopetegui, who won European U-19 and U-21 championships with Spanish youth teams, replaced him. Spain has outscored its qualifying opponents 21-3. Though, aside from a 1-1 draw with Italy, that has meant beating Albania, Israel, Macedonia, and Lichtenstein.

Spain has a veteran laden squad of tournament winners and stars for Real Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea, Manchester United, and Bayern Munich. Even after underwhelming efforts the last two times out, one must count them in. The worry is no one has emerged to challenge that golden generation for a place in the team.

mancitydude 7 years ago
Manchester City, England U20 B 4 244

Brazil certainly got one of the best chances of winning with a brilliant squad and a good manager
G.Jesus, Coutinho, Firmino, Neymar.....etc etc

Hadyn2003 7 years ago
Manchester City, Brazil 1 10

yes i agree with you mancitydude
neymar and jesus play so well together

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

As time passes by I'm starting to think that it will be very hard for a South American team to win this World Cup, basically if Messi can make a miracle and overcome Maradona is the only scenario I can think of, I don't find Brazil as capable of winning and I can't justify why.

Still think that France has an amazing team but the question is if they are mature enough to go all the way this time.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Germany, Brazil or Spain will win, depending on draws. I say Germany are the biggest favorites.

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Germany are biggest favorites knowing that they can comfortably go to quarterfinals with B team. Brazil is good but can be better - Renato Augusto is still playing in midfield, they didn't come for Jorginho at the right moment. France has it's problems but I think they will be in good shape for tournament.

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Agree, Germans are favourites or me, then maybe France and Spain.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11435

Brazil are the only South Americain with a good enough form to stand a chance imo, but they will have a major disadvantage. The cold. This is something most south americain even most of those in europe rarely have to deal with at such an intensity. Wonder if it will play a role. Anyway, here are the team qualified as of now by the by:
enter image description here

Nigeria are looking real good for me by the way, Iheanacho and Iwobi are really carrying them among others. :) Wonder if they will make past the group phase.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Brazil are the only South Americain with a good enough form to stand a chance imo, but they will have a major disadvantage. The cold. This is something most south americain even most of those in europe rarely have to deal with at such an intensity. Wonder if it will play a role anyway. Anyway, here are the team qualified as of now by the by:

Nigeria are looking real good for me by the way, Iheanacho and Iwobi are really carrying them among others. :)

Brazil are the only South Americain with a good enough form to stand a chance imo, but they will have a major disadvantage. The cold. This is something most south americain even most of those in europe rarely have to deal with at such an intensity. Wonder if it will play a role anyway. Anyway, here are the team qualified as of now by the by:

Nigeria are looking real good for me by the way, Iheanacho and Iwobi are really carrying them among others. :) Wonder if they will make past the group phase.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@Emo it's not going to be cold. And even if it was a bit colder most players of the big teams do play in Europe and know how that feels. But it's a fact that South American teams don't really win in Europe, at least not the World Cup, most of the time. Coincidence or cause? Idk.