Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Who is the better Ronaldo: The Brazilian Ronaldo or Cristiano Ronaldo?? :)
DarioUtd 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United 27 493

Well, i am going to go with Mr. Cristiano Ronaldo, because of his long shots and his other strengths that @Amir_Keal mentioned in his thread 'Cristiano Ronaldo'. However, i do realise, that the Brazilian Ronaldo "The Phenomenon" was a lethal striker, a deadly finisher and had many other strengths as well... It was a hard decision to make, but i had to go with Cristiano...

Leave your thoughts and opinions down below... :)

PS. I got the idea from the homepage of FootyRoom - Sorry.. :)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Well, it is a hard decision to make, but i am going to go with Mr. Cristiano Ronaldo, because of his long shots and his other strengths that @Amir_Keal mentioned in his thread 'Cristiano Ronaldo'. However, i do realise though, that the Brazilian Ronaldo "The Phenomenon" was a lethal striker and a deadly finisher and had many strengths as well... But, as i said, it was a hard decision to make, but i had to go with Cristiano...

Well, i am going to go with Mr. Cristiano Ronaldo, because of his long shots and his other strengths that @Amir_Keal mentioned in his thread 'Cristiano Ronaldo'. However, i do realise though, that the Brazilian Ronaldo "The Phenomenon" was a lethal striker, a deadly finisher and had many other strengths as well... But, it was a hard decision to make, but i had to go with Cristiano...

Well, i am going to go with Mr. Cristiano Ronaldo, because of his long shots and his other strengths that @Amir_Keal mentioned in his thread 'Cristiano Ronaldo'. However, i do realise, that the Brazilian Ronaldo "The Phenomenon" was a lethal striker, a deadly finisher and had many other strengths as well... But, it was a hard decision to make, but i had to go with Cristiano...

Well, i am going to go with Mr. Cristiano Ronaldo, because of his long shots and his other strengths that @Amir_Keal mentioned in his thread 'Cristiano Ronaldo'. However, i do realise, that the Brazilian Ronaldo "The Phenomenon" was a lethal striker, a deadly finisher and had many other strengths as well... It was a hard decision to make, but i had to go with Cristiano...

Comments
Madridista11 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

@tiki Except one of them fully realized their potential while the other didn't.

Let's be honest and objective here: Ronaldo Nazario is possibly the most talented player in the last 20 years (Yes, over Messi, Zidane, and Ronaldinho. I can say why but that's another discussion). But unfortunately like you said, health hasn't been on his side. And for that reason my friend, we can't say "Would Shoulda Coulda" to prove a case. How is it fair to Cristiano, 1) who has been a dominant player in Europe for the last ten years 2) who has been taking good care of his nutrition 3) who has won more major trophies than many greats 4) Who has broken and registered many records, to be compared to someone, and I'm saying this with all do respect, who hasn't been the most consistent superstar in the last two decades? It is simply not.

It is very easy to say "__ is more talented than Cristiano!" because Cristiano isn't known for his "talents". Ronaldo is the definition of the phrase, "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." because everyone can attest to his dedication both on and off the pitch. Even Messi commented on his work ethic a few days ago.

If Ronaldo is the lesser-talented player in comparison to many greats, then he is without a doubt the greatest athlete and hardest worker of his generation. And that by itself says a lot.

• History

@tiki Except one of them fully realized their potential while the other didn't.

Let's be honest and objective here: Ronaldo Nazario is possibly the most talented player in the last 20 years (Yes, over Messi, Zidane, and Ronaldinho. I can say why but that's another discussion). But unfortunately like you said, health hasn't been on his side. And for that reason my friend, we can't say "Would Shoulda Coulda" to prove a case. How is it fair to Cristiano, 1) who has been a dominant player in Europe for the last ten years 2) who has been taking good care of his nutrition 3) who has won more major trophies than many greats 4) Who has broken and registered many records, to be compared to someone, and I'm saying this with all do respect, who hasn't been the most consistent superstar in the last two decades? It is simply not.

It is very easy to say "__ is more talented than Cristiano!" because Cristiano isn't known for his "talents". Ronaldo is the definition of the phrase, "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." because everyone can attest to his dedication both on and off the pitch. Even Messi commented on his work ethic a few days ago.

If Ronaldo is the lesser-talented player in comparison to many greats, then he is without a doubt the greatest athlete of his generation. And that by itself says a lot.

VAMOSBenfica 7 years ago
15 183

I don't have a particular liking for either, but I'm not sure why some people are still even discussing this. It's universally known that CR7 has a greater legacy than Ronaldo already. It's actually scary to think how big Cristiano has gotten.

Golazo111 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

CR7 is from Portugal, a much smaller football nation compared to Brazil and Argentina. Yet he wrote history in his own unique way, has been the best ever European football player and at 32 years old is still lethal.

R9 was a much less consistant player, his stats show it and he also played for Real Madrid but couldn't do half as much as CR7 has done even when playing with Zidane, Beckham and Galaticos.

Put CR7 in Brazil from 2002 or Argentina 2015 and his leadership alone would win him with those teams World Cups, Copa America.

Messi still can't replicate what Maradona has done let alone overcome it, he is 10 times less of a leader compared to CR7.

I only have 1 account you are just insulting everyone on this forum as soon as someone points out a different rethoric from your biased opinion, but you're immune to everything while normal users like me will get banned.
Sorry but at least I use my brain while in your world there is only 1 view, trash everyone to make Messi look better than he actually is.

• History

CR7 is from Portugal, a much smaller football nation compared to Brazil and Argentina. Yet he wrote history in his own unique way, has been the best ever European football player and at 32 years old is still lethal.

R9 was a much less consistant player, his stats show it and he also played for Real Madrid but couldn't do half as much as CR7 has done even when playing with Zidane, Beckham and Galaticos.

Put CR7 in Brazil from 2002 or Argentina 2015 and his leadership alone would win him with those teams World Cups, Copa America.

Messi still can't replicate what Maradona has done let alone overcome it, he is 10 times less of a leader compared to CR7.

I only have 1 account you are just insumting everyone on this forum as soon as someone points out a different rethoric from your biased opinion, but you're immune to everything while normal users like me will get banned.

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

@Madridista and Thats what i exactly said, potential and career are 2 different things, if you read my point i saidthat CR7 nailes it and top s the hall of fame charts top 5. while Ronaldo legacy is smaller for sure.
That being said and it may look subjective, in term of potential i prefer Ronaldo from Brazil and i think i have the right to, unless some mod gets me banned for that.

JuanMata10 7 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

Cristiano > Ronaldo
Messi > Maradona
Messi > Cristiano

Glad I could help.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Pretty sure CR7's records are the main reason why he is the most rich player in the world at this moment, he overcame everyone else from his country by winning the Euro for the first time as the captain, without him Real Madrid would never become the first team to defend the Champions League.

If CR7 was from Brazil or Argentina there wouldn't be a shadow of a doubt that he is one of the greatest players of all time.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

No player is better than r9 and zz.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

AC Milan defended Champions League but Napoli won the league that year because of Maradona.
Real Madrid defended Champions League but they didn't let Barcelona to win the league so Messi couldn't take away anything from them, while Maradona did it.

tiki_taka 7 years ago

@golazo im not the only one who noticed it, anyway keep liking yourself or others doesnt change anything to the argument strenght...

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Simple fact that Ibrahimovic was looking better than Messi when he came in Barcelona setting a team record scoring in first 5 games in the league and then Messi started to act as coach telling Pep to bench him is all you need to know, Maradona did alot more than winning in Barcelona while Messi is to this day only a winner with 1 team. Thats the difference.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

When Messi wins the world cup I will say he overcame Maradona, till that day he is only in 1 great team his whole life. Continue to insult me now.

tiki_taka 7 years ago

^ Same for CR7 ?

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

I only compared Messi with Maradona, not CR7 to Maradona.
CR7 won't win the World Cup but Messi can do it with Argentina.
If CR7 wins the World Cup with Portugal he will be directly comparable with Maradona,Pele meaning not only with the best from Europe but world.

tiki_taka 7 years ago

^ why not ? Portugal without Ronaldo defeated France home in the final, not sure Argentina could qualify to WC without Messi....
and i was comparing CR7 to Ronaldo not Maradona, not same positions.

Pepeee 7 years ago
Arsenal, France 1 52

Cristiano > Ronaldo
Cristiano > Pele
Cristiano > Maradona
Cristiano > All

Glad I could help.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Covfefe> all
Glad i could help, thank me now.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Cristiano > Ronaldo
Cristiano > Pele
Cristiano > Maradona
Cristiano > All

CR7 is the best European player of all time but he can't be compared to Maradona and Pele before his career ends, that's just my opinion.
Maradona is still the best player of all time.

Pepeee 7 years ago
Arsenal, France 1 52

Cristiano will have surpassed even Pele and Maradona by the time his career ends. One could argue he already has. A lot of people think Cristiano will be finished at the very top in 2-3 years, because that's what happens to most people. Well, you guessed it: Cristiano Ronaldo is not like most people.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Portugal without Ronaldo defeated France home in the final, not sure Argentina could qualify to WC without Messi....

Actually it's the opposite, Portugal wouldn't qualify to World Cup without CR7, and they wouldn't win Euro without him either.
Argentina has the players to qualify easy without Messi.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@Golazo Argentina has enough quality for sure but they don't seem to know how to use it. :(