Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Who is the better Ronaldo: The Brazilian Ronaldo or Cristiano Ronaldo?? :)
DarioUtd 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United 27 493

Well, i am going to go with Mr. Cristiano Ronaldo, because of his long shots and his other strengths that @Amir_Keal mentioned in his thread 'Cristiano Ronaldo'. However, i do realise, that the Brazilian Ronaldo "The Phenomenon" was a lethal striker, a deadly finisher and had many other strengths as well... It was a hard decision to make, but i had to go with Cristiano...

Leave your thoughts and opinions down below... :)

PS. I got the idea from the homepage of FootyRoom - Sorry.. :)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Well, it is a hard decision to make, but i am going to go with Mr. Cristiano Ronaldo, because of his long shots and his other strengths that @Amir_Keal mentioned in his thread 'Cristiano Ronaldo'. However, i do realise though, that the Brazilian Ronaldo "The Phenomenon" was a lethal striker and a deadly finisher and had many strengths as well... But, as i said, it was a hard decision to make, but i had to go with Cristiano...

Well, i am going to go with Mr. Cristiano Ronaldo, because of his long shots and his other strengths that @Amir_Keal mentioned in his thread 'Cristiano Ronaldo'. However, i do realise though, that the Brazilian Ronaldo "The Phenomenon" was a lethal striker, a deadly finisher and had many other strengths as well... But, it was a hard decision to make, but i had to go with Cristiano...

Well, i am going to go with Mr. Cristiano Ronaldo, because of his long shots and his other strengths that @Amir_Keal mentioned in his thread 'Cristiano Ronaldo'. However, i do realise, that the Brazilian Ronaldo "The Phenomenon" was a lethal striker, a deadly finisher and had many other strengths as well... But, it was a hard decision to make, but i had to go with Cristiano...

Well, i am going to go with Mr. Cristiano Ronaldo, because of his long shots and his other strengths that @Amir_Keal mentioned in his thread 'Cristiano Ronaldo'. However, i do realise, that the Brazilian Ronaldo "The Phenomenon" was a lethal striker, a deadly finisher and had many other strengths as well... It was a hard decision to make, but i had to go with Cristiano...

Comments
amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

rayrex7

Plus whoever brought up Eder is a fucking idiot. He shot and scored a goal, thats great but denying the fact the Ronaldo wasnt the main influence to Portugals EURO means that you hate Ronaldo more than anything, and you dont understand football and you are just a piece of shit.

If your gonna call me an piece of shit at least read what I say. That's all I've got to say. Great work holding that weapon of yours.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Ronaldo and messi are playing in an era where players like dybala, neymar bale sanchez or hazard are their challengers lol

R9 played in an era where there was crazy amount of legendary players, zidane, figo, etc

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Hazard, Sanchez, and Bale are challengers? In what world?

CR7 and Messi's challengers to the Ballon d'Or has been Kaka, Iniesta, Xavi, Neuer, Ribery, Torres, Casillas, Buffon...

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

R9 had better defenders to go against even and old Nesta could stop CR7 and Messi easy.
But CR7 and Messi era has been with some of the iconic defenders like Puyol, Vidic and some of the iconic passers like Xavi, Scholes...

But CR7 had been the best Manchester United player since George Best and he played with Giggs like it was no biggie, even Zidane himself said that CR7 is a much better player than he ever was.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

That's my point lol they got no chalengers.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Even if defenders are less legendary today, CR7 has managed to score against almost all legendary goalkeepers he played against and defences, from Germany's defence to Spanish and Italian. Football is not easier today, some things are easier and maybe the star players are more protected but to be able to break world records has been equally as hard as before.

Dynastian98 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

Scoring 50 goals in a season is difficult in any era. It's no joke that CR7 has an insane goal-scoring rate in the Champions League for Real Madrid.

Sure, we can say scoring 50 goals is a lot harder now than it was in 1960. But just going back 10 years and claiming that defenses were miles better and that there were more legendary players is not a very reasonable argument in my eyes.

We talk about Nesta and Maldini, but what about Vidic, Ferdinand, Terry, Puyol, Ramos, Silva, Chielini, Bonucci, Boateng? These are all world-class defenders in their own right. Perhaps not to the impeccable standards of Paolo Maldini, a man who is arguably the greatest defender of all time, but it's not like Messi and CR7 didn't demolish great defenses and great defenders throughout their careers.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Scoring 50 goals in a season is difficult in any era. It's no joke that CR7 has an insane goal-scoring rate in the Champions League for Real Madrid.

Sure, we can say scoring 50 goals is a lot harder now than it was in 1960. But just going back 10 years and claiming that defenses were miles better and that there were more legendary players is not a very reasonable argument in my eyes.

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

For those who think there weren't good defenders Should see how Terry was dealing with Messi and Ronaldo

rayrex7 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

@amir
No insult intended, I stated that bluntly, I just saw the name Eder popping up, and I recall having this topic in FR about Eder being the bigger influence than Ronaldo.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@rayrex7 Lol, you indeed didn't take the time to read what Amir said, it was pretty clear he wasn't saying Eder was more important than Ronaldo. I guess you just saw Eder name and got triggered because of that other thread you saw. :P Anyway, mate, try maybe be a bit more careful with how you explain your thought, being that blunt, I would have shocked if you told that about something I said. :S

@amir Clearly, rayrex wasn't targeting anyone in specific, the way he see it, he didn't even look at who brought up Eder. So we assume he didn't mean anything bad toward anyone specific, so I would try not to take personnaly if I were you. Just a thought. ;)

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

rayrex7

Don't worry about it, mistakes happen.

Emobot7

Yeah I know, and to be fair the thread was about Ronaldo.

DarthFooty 7 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1101

Love how this turns to a Messi vs CR7 conversation when Messi is not even in the topic title. haha I still love ya'll. :p

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@DarthFooty it's typical Barcelona fans that need to include their own players into every conversation, if you scroll back to page 2 tiki was the first to mention Messi and make personal attacks as usual.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

After scoring vs New Zealand, CR7 is now equal with Kocsis with 75 international goals in competitions. The only European still above is Puskas with 84 international goals, another amazing stat that puts CR7 above R9.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

If CR7 played his entire Portugal career as a forward, he would probably have 95-100 goals by now. Those early years as a creative left-winger robbed him of at least 15 goals for his nation.

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Part of Evolution .

Gareth Bale started as left back ..

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

@Sunflash

Well Ronaldo's communication is typical, don't get me wrong, he has every right to renegotiate his contract and add additional years to his The actual one due to his age and Madrid agging players policy. That being said it's not the first time he uses this kind of communication to have easy negotiations and be in a strong position while negotiating.
Ronaldo is sad, Ronaldo is booed, Ronaldo feels disrespected, Ronaldo is leaving, 3 days later he signs a new contract and get a happy picture with his president, he has every right to act that way for the good of his career and business, but Sunflash we aren't supposed to fall in that communication trap each time, unless we blindly want to.

Here is what happened imo, Ronaldo stated years ago that he believes he is the best and for him being the most paid is part of this belief package, Rooney got a record contract, Ronaldo renegotiated, Etoo got a big contract, Ronaldo renegotiated...

And what happened last week ? Messi got a new Contract with higher wages, one week later Ronaldo is leaving Madrid, oh well... What a shocking news... he used PSG last year to get a better contract, now he went to Perez with a serious offer from PSG on his hand and got promised that Madrid will help to pay the 14 millions Madrid court is asking for taxes...

I'm not judging him, he is that clever to get what he wants when he wants the way he wants, but then don't ask me to believe his communication tricks made for the fans... and don't tell me he left to a worse team because he clearly wanted a significant salary raise at United and 100% rights of his image, what SAF refused because no player that time got it, plus SAF transfer policy and aging United Legend were clear signal for a smart player to join an institution arguably less strong than United at the time but with a strong promise of having a greater project in the short term. And that don't worry about it, Jorge Mendes rarely does mistakes in that matter.

Same example of players quitting Arsenal for Chelsea or City, wages combined to strong project may put the balance fall into onexpected direction even when Arsenal were considered bigger than Chelsea or City that time.

I personally believe that Ronaldo could have stayed if SAF accepted the wages demand, giving him 100% image rights like he has at Madrid that makes him earn treble his wages and were present in transfermarket the way they try to do right now.

I think Ronaldo would have kept Rainy Manchester to Sunny Madrid and lovely lifestyle for those reasons, if you think it has to do with emotions well it's your right

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

If any of you ever bothered to read Sir Alex Ferguson's autobiography, he stated that CR left to play for Madrid because that was his dream. There was no concerns about money. If my memory serves, Sir Alex said they were willing to pay Ronaldo much more money than Madrid, and told him so as well. But he refused in favor of wearing the great white shirt.

I'm just throwing out things that people actually involved in the transfer said, instead of beliefs and opinions, @Tiki.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Dynastian said it so I don't have too.

Also tiki, I think you may have posted that in the wrong thread. We were having our discussion in a different one.

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

SAF refused to give Ronaldo 100% rights on his image, because no player in the world had that contract, and none was paid that much ATM, what Perez did was revolutionary for players contracts and it's a fact. Not a belief.

SAF biggest mistake is to let Ronaldo leave, he considered that no player is bigger than the team, i don't see how he would write a book in his honor to light up his responsibility.

Anyway, in the world 2 Histories are written, the romantic one and the factual one.

SAF did a Huge mistake, no matter what he says or said.

Those who believe Ronaldo is leaving each time he wants a new contract are the same ones, reminding me of an in love woman believing her man each time he is lying to her despite knowing that previous ones were lies...

Ronaldo ultimate condition to sign at Madrid is to have 100% rights of his image, being best paid player in the world was secured before negotiations as the initial offer of wage could not be refused, negotiations took 3 weeks to finally see Perez give Ronaldo what no player had before, other players followed like Messi but It was a revolution in term of contract. These are facts @Dynast

Now if you believe Ronaldo or SAF communications and take them as facts, you have the right to...