Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

The Unpopular Opinion Thread (2016/17 Edition)
Tuanis 8 years ago Edited
Manchester United, England 86 2310

In loving memory of user Vendetta...

Newer users have no idea of how fun these were a back then.

So just contribute with your two cents in the conversation with an unpopular opinion.

Remember: Don't reply to comments.

I'll leave the previous thread as a reference for those who don't know the format of the discussion.

Unpopular Opinion 14/15

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

aa

In loving memory of user Vendetta...

Newer users have no idea of how fun these were a back then.

So just contribute your two cents in the conversation with an unpopular opinion.

Just remember: Don't reply to comments.

I'll leave the previous thread as a reference for those who don't know the format of the discussion.

Unpopular Opinion 14/15

Comments
SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

Lol, it's not the defending, it's them punching the other players and time-wasting like wankers.

tuan_jinn 8 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912
  • Rooney is rather overrated.
  • Ronaldo is why Real doesnt get full potential of the other.
  • Rashford will not be a big star.
  • watching EPL games are boring these days, its just fast pace
  • Pele shouldnt be football king... just one of the greatest
Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

^^ Pele is not Top 5 in football history. Messi, Maradona, CR7, Ronaldo, Zidane, Di Stefano, etc. were all visibly better offensive players than him (from videos I have seen).

Tuanis 8 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310
  • Unpopular opinion threads are not controvertial enough.
JuanMata10 8 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

^ Let me help you with that ;) In addition to @tuan_jinn and @Dynastians remarks, I would go as far as to say that Pele is just a sad, delusional, old man who can't accept the fact that Messi is miles above him and would have outscored him easily if they were alive at the same time. In fact, most of the players from Pele's time are overrated imo.

chelsea8 8 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Chelsea should've had 3uefa champions league trofees by know, but we were robbed by the refs.

Pele won the world cup 3 times and scored 1208 goals in his amazing career, he is withouth a doubt the best player of all time.

• History

Chelsea should've had 3uefa champions league trofees by know, but we were robbed by the refs.

Amerr30 8 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

Ibrahimovic is literally the biggest loser in World Football.

He's never won anything major, unless you consider a league title as major. I'm talking about European success here.

He is like Balotelli, only perhaps slightly better skilled. He has never been the cream of the crop - even though he thinks he is. He's never had a season when he's truly defined himself. Not like players such as Robben, Ronaldo, Messi, and etc.

The most unpopular opinion of it all?

He will be forgotten about as soon as he retires, unless he decides to keep popping up in front of media long after he's relevant to remind us.

• History

Ibrahimovic is literally the biggest loser in World Football.

He's never won anything major, unless you consider a league title as major. I'm talking about European success here.

He is like Balotelli, only perhaps slightly better skilled. He has never been the cream of the crop - even though he thinks he is. He's never had a season when he's truly defined himself. Not like players such as Robben, Ronaldo, Messi, and etc.

The most unpopular opinion of it all?

He will be forgotten about as soon as he retires, unless he decides to to pop up in front of media to remind us.

tiki_taka 8 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Blaming refs is pathetic, teams get mistakes for them and against them, but people only retain those against.

Bad call agaisnt Barça in first leg 2009 vs Chelsea, pk not whistled on Henry and on Iniesta, more than a player specially Terry should have seen red.

2010 first leg vs Inter 2 offside goals of Milito, second leg disalowed Bojan goal at the end for an inexistant handball of Yaya Toure. vs Atleti this year clear handball on the box judged out of the box.........

Many mistakes and counting in the final stage of CL, but repeating them and taking them as the excuse of failing to win is for sore losers....

in 2009 when you play at home 11 vs 10 players leading 1-0 and parking the bus, when you got favoured in first leg by calls on your side, you dont spend 7 years of whining about refs while the team should clearly have killed the game. its same Sevilla Liverpool situation plain pathetic.

Teams that people think are favoured, Man United, Bayern, Juventus, Barça have all one thing in common, Success.

No one remember calls against them, so imo its more about jealousy.

tiki_taka 8 years ago Edited
  • Verrati is actually the best midlefielder with Modric in the world.
  • Sterling worth 1/4 of KDB price tag.
  • Marco Van Bastenwas was the best 9 in History, his injury killed his career.
  • South American players are the best in the world, they understand the game much better, handle pressure and do what is necessary to grab victory.
  • Poland will surpise in the Euro.
  • Scholes is the best English player of the last 20 years.
  • Athletic Bilbao despite their rough Football should be the most respected team in Europe, 100 % homeground talent with no relegation in their History.
  • The bestderby in the world is Boca Juniors vs Riverplate.
  • Leeds should have been saved by FA.
  • Gameiro is better than Giroud and Martial, clearly deserves a place in the Euro.4
  • If Griezmann wins CL or Euro he should contend to Ballon d' Or, his goals were all precious in a young team.
  • History

Verrati is actually the best midlefielder with Modric in the world.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11435

Zlatan never stayed long enough at a club to really become a club legend so I think your right Amerr when you say he will be forgotten as soon he retire. Despite his interesting personality, his reputation is not as big as he think it is. He could blame it on never being able to go far on the international stage with Sweden in world cup or euro. My opinion.

Regarding the Verratti statement, I'm not sure you understand the concept of 'Unpopular Opinion"

@Emo: Even if he had, I don't think he'd ever become one. He's just not good enough. He's far too inconsistent when it comes to big games. It's one thing to score the most goals in France, another thing entirely doing it on a regular basis against top quality. He's really only slightly better than the average striker.

• History

@tiki_taka: Regarding the Verratti statement, I'm not sure you understand the concept of 'Unpopular Opinion"

tiki_taka 8 years ago

I do, he was never in the XI of the year, he may be highly rated, its not enough comparing to his potential and lack of visibility. Your Ibra comment is pretty popular in France im not sure either you understand the concept of 'Unpopular Opinion"

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

Here's a good one:

Ronaldo as an individual player has been better than Messi for almost their entire club careers with only one or two seasons being an exception.

That unpopular enough for you guys?

rayrex7 8 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

Verrarti is highly underrated. tiki is right, he barely gets recognition, and when i mean recognition, I mean, team of the year, uefa Xl etc. Modric, Verrarti and Sergio busquets for me are the top 3 midfielders in the world atm.

Christian Eriksen is better than Kroos, Iniesta, Koke, matudi and even Xabi alonso :)

chelsea8 8 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Is this the unpopular opinion thread or just a discussion thread, some members are always whining.

SoccerBoss 8 years ago
Barcelona, Russia 34 804

Not one English team will win the Europa or Champions League the 16-17 season.

Suarez deserves to win the Ballon d'Or, although this is not very unpopular.

Rayrex, everybody knows that those are skewed towards players appearing in the latter parts of the Champions League. With the Ballon d'Or more often than not coming from the winning side of the final. Those aren't indicative of the best players playing the game. What you're talking about are merely popularity contests.

Looking at his market value of 40,00 Mill. €. I wouldn't say he's underrated at all. He's the player with the second highest value in PSG, just behind Angel di Maria.

Have you ever heard or read anybody speak poorly of Verratti? Because I haven't. Now it's true they don't speak about him nearly as much as they do some other players but that's only because he's not as popular as some. Not being popular and being underrated are two very different things.

tiki_taka, so? They're French. Nobody cares about what the French think.

• History

Rayrex, everybody knows that those are skewed towards players appearing in the latter parts of the Champions League. With the Ballon d'Or more often than not coming from the winning side of the final. Those aren't indicative of the best players playing the game. What you're talking about are merely popularity contests.

Looking at his market value of 40,00 Mill. €. I wouldn't say he's underrated at all. He's the player with the second highest value in PSG, just behind Angel di Maria.

Have you ever heard or read anybody speak poorly of Verratti? Because I haven't. Now it's true they don't speak about him nearly as much as they do some other players but that's only because he's not as popular as some. Not being popular and being underrated are two very different things.

tiki_taka, who cares? They're French.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11435

@Amerr :(

Remember: Don't reply to comments.

Also, I'm feeling a bit insulted by what your saying about French. I'm not from France, but I'm a french speaking person and I feel close to French. So I care. :(

Now, back on topic, I think Keylor is actually a better keeper than Oblak. Unpopular much? :D

TheGame 8 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

Bayern Munich are the most despicable team in world football. The sheer number of times they have screwed other teams in the Bundesliga by preying on their best players is embarrassing. They have a monopoly on German football and deserve no credit.

Pep Guardiola made the biggest mistake b joining City in the PL. It will be the first time he is sacked in his career.

ashwin1729 8 years ago Edited
Manchester United, England 10 704

Lionel Messi would not succeed at any other team except Barcelona, and that would question his credentials as the best player of all the time.

Edit: Succeed as in same prolific scoring and providing assists; just to be clear.

• History

Lionel Messi would not succeed at any other team except Barcelona, and that would question his credentials as the best player of all the time.