Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

The Unpopular Opinion Thread (2016/17 Edition)
Tuanis 8 years ago Edited
Manchester United, England 86 2310

In loving memory of user Vendetta...

Newer users have no idea of how fun these were a back then.

So just contribute with your two cents in the conversation with an unpopular opinion.

Remember: Don't reply to comments.

I'll leave the previous thread as a reference for those who don't know the format of the discussion.

Unpopular Opinion 14/15

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

aa

In loving memory of user Vendetta...

Newer users have no idea of how fun these were a back then.

So just contribute your two cents in the conversation with an unpopular opinion.

Just remember: Don't reply to comments.

I'll leave the previous thread as a reference for those who don't know the format of the discussion.

Unpopular Opinion 14/15

Comments
Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11435

@Amer30 Thank you for taking the time to explain, its a very mature thing to do to go back on what you said and apology. I understand now you didn't mean to be insulting. :)

@Chelsea8 Is that supposed to be an unpopular opinion? But in all seriousness, its not so bad.

Here another one, Real Madrid were more deserving to win La Liga this season than Barca and I think if they would have had Zidane as manager from the start, they would have win it.

JozeMourinho 8 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

tiki just stop ruining it.

Seriously I can understand having an opinion and strongly want to back it up but saying that 09 semi finals bs makes you look like a clown.

Marcus2011 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I think Chelsea is by far has the best fans in the world . THey are educated about the game , they know their club , they support their players , they always show respect to their managers no matter what happens and less biased than other fans .

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

+1 for truly unpopular opinion. I always found all the big clubs to have masses of uneducated, awful fans, while the smaller clubs fans were highly intelligent.

Here's another good unpopular opinion, MLS is a far better league then everyone thinks.

chelsea8 8 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

hazard will be compared to messi next season.

Marcus2011 8 years ago

That was last season mate . Messi and Ronaldo were compared to Messi .

Marcus2011 8 years ago

If It was not for Tevez incident , Drogba would not have been sent off and Terry wouldn't have taken the penalty thus we would have won 2008 penalty shoutout .

chelsea8 8 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

atletico to win the champions league of 2016.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

Judging by the postgame reaction this should qualify...

Real Madrid deserved to win the Champions League this season.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11435

@Sunflash You take your +1, you brillant man. ;)

Marcus2011 8 years ago

Ronaldo was crucial player behind Real Madrids victory and his penalty is more important than Bales first goal

tiki_taka 8 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Zidane And lucky draws just saved Perez elections happening in few weeks...

ashwin1729 8 years ago Edited
Manchester United, England 10 704

While Champions League is awesome, how can someone be the best in Europe, when they're aren't the best team in their own league? In other words, the winner of UCL may not be the best team in their own country that year, but it is ironic that they're crowned as European champions.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

While Champions League is awesome, how can someone be the best in Europe, when they're aren't the best team in their own league? In other words, the winner of UCL may not be the best team in Europe that year, but it is ironic that they're given that title.

Eden17Hazard17 8 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Champions League should be renamed to "Champions Cup"

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

@ashwin

Happens all the time. Both of Real's recent two, Chelsea's, Liverpool's, etc

To be perfectly honest, the CL is based off of where teams finished the year prior. For that reason alone, it's flawed in the respect you're looking at it. Sevilla could've won it (god forbid) and gotten relegated in the same season. It is a knockout tournament, and being the best team in your own league has nothing to do with that.

tiki_taka 8 years ago

In 2012, the 5th of BPL Chelsea lifted it, not saying they didnt deserved it but they werent those who impressed more but the ones who wanted it more.

funny How some criticized last year winner while he faced BPL holder, Ligue 1 holder, Bundesliga holder And Calcio holder winning the treble as lucky to have faced teams in a bad form. Same Guy claiming his team to be King of Europe after being one pk far from being trophyless, facing 0 league holders And 0 domestic trophy.
A win is a win, ref or not ref, PKs or 5-0 scoreline, easy draw or not, the winner is the winner congrats Madrid And Zidane.

I wonder if I started saying that the international break gave Madrid the trophy ( wich is not true because teams should only blame themselves when They lose ) just like some cocky Madrid fans reaction last year ( hi amer ) what would be their reaction ? Sometimes tasting people their own medecine is very effective to make people less closed to others point, it may look radical but it works quite well.

tiki_taka 8 years ago

Yup guys depends mostly on march form And April, but all squads And coaches are aware of it from the start of the season. Not really based on consistence specially for contenders because finishing first of group stage is most of the times a simple formality.

KTBFFHSWE 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Tiki still don't get that he isn't supposed to reply to opinions in this thread. But hey, don't let him ruining it. It's been a great read so far.

• Atletico were by far the better team and should have won CL

• Mata would be much better utilized in la Liga. He should leave United asap.
  • La Liga has 3 teams.
rayrex7 8 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

This is why football is great, nothing goes on paper. If you want everything to to go based on stats, players and form. Go watch Basketball.

rayrex7 8 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

Juanfran, Felipe Luis, Bale and Casemiro all played better than Carrassaco