Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

The best teams in the world
EduardoZ 9 years ago Edited
AS Roma, Brazil 6 119

In your opinion, wich teams are first class right now? In terms of firepower, respect...etc
The current team form, not talking about history...
And second class
If you want more...

Just to know.
You know, those people who like to analyze things we like...

Who else here?

My list:

Top teams

Fc Bayern
Juventus
Barcelona
Real Madrid
Chelsea

Second

Manchester city
Arsenal
Atlético de Madrid
Sevilla
Wolfsburg
Borussia dortmund
Roma
PSG

Third

Liverpool
Manchester united
Valencia
Athletic bilbao
Bayer leverkusen
Lazio
Lyon
Marseille

Fourth

Internazionale (unfortunately)...
Milan (unfortunately)...

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

In your opinion, wich teams are first class right now? In terms of firepower, respect...etc
And second class
If you want more...

Just to know.

Who else here?

My list:

Top teams

Fc Bayern
Juventus
Barcelona
Real Madrid
Chelsea

Second

Manchester city
Arsenal
Atlético de Madrid
Sevilla
Wolfsburg
Borussia dortmund
Roma
PSG

Third
Liverpool
Manchester united
Valencia
Athletic bilbao
Bayer leverkusen
Lazio
Lyon
Marseille

Fourth
Milan (unfortunately)...

And second class
If you want more...

Just to know.

Who else here?

My list:

Top teams

Fc Bayern
Juventus
Barcelona
Real Madrid
Chelsea

Second

Manchester city
Arsenal
Atlético de Madrid
Sevilla
Wolfsburg
Borussia dortmund
Roma
PSG

Third

Liverpool
Manchester united
Valencia
Athletic bilbao
Bayer leverkusen
Lazio
Lyon
Marseille

Fourth

Milan (unfortunately)...

Comments
Amerr30 9 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

@Dynastian: Arjen Robben would've run our defense in circles? Didn't we play two highly competitive games two years back with even a weaker defense than the one we have now? Now we have Danilo and an older, more mature Varane. Remember the score back then? 5 - 0 agg. What makes you think Robben would have destroyed us, especially considering that two years ago he was younger and was in a really really good form? While on the opposite side of the spectrum, Ronaldo scored two and Benzema scored one.

You don't really sound like a Real Madrid fan to me, not with that negativity concerning the team.

And Guardiola, really? I'm sorry, I just couldn't help but laugh at that statement. This guy is probably the most overrated manager out there. He won a whole lotta titles with Barcelona, sure, but I don't think any manager would've done any worse. Even Vicente Del Bosque, without Messi, won back to back Euros and a World Cup with a team comprised of the same core players as the 2009 Barcelona.

He arrives in Bayern, a treble winning team that just added even more quality to their squad and they lose 5-0 on aggregate to Real Madrid. Come next season, they get humiliated by Barcelona at the same stage. This guy is a mediocre manager at best, one that was the result of a very very good Barcelona squad (possibly the best ever Barca team). I bet his entire tactics consisted of.. 'Give the ball to Messi, if he's not available, give it Xavi or Iniesta. They'll figure it out'. lol.

Not to mention, oh, when things start to go bad.. Attack the ref as a whole and try to get a penalty or one of them sent off. (I'm thinking of you, Dani Alves & Bisquets). I do apologize but I simply cannot respect anyone who is of the opinion that Guardiola is some revolutionary coach. He's not. Give the team he had ANY system, and they'll end up winning. They were simply that good.

And please do yourself a favor and not bring up the amount of trophies Guardiola has won. Has he ever managed a team that hasn't been the favorites to win a Champions League or at least play the final? Taking into consideration the squads he's had at his disposal, he couldn't have done any worse.

How long have you been following football? Considering your opinions, I wouldn't say it's been that long. Has it?

@Tiki:
You don't know how Banitez will play the team, you do not know what/if we will have difficulties against any type of opponents. Carlo was an excellent man manager but a terrible tactician which is why we struggled so much against top sides. Banitez on the other hand is a good tactician but not the best man manager. If we do have problems, it will not be due to his tactics but rather with his handling of the egos in the dressing room. On top of that, we're almost certain to reach at least semis in the Champions League and with his management - I am sure we will do much better than last season against top sides.

Even though Madrid was a 'stable' team, you have to remember that we had just come off winning the Champions League and Copa Del Rey. It's a lot more difficult to retain trophies than it is to win them. It has been that way for centuries. The hunger is satiated and the team just does not try as hard whereas Barcelona had a terrible season before last and they were hungry - which is actually the case now for Real Madrid.

I will honestly be surprised if Barcelona wins a single trophy this year. The fact is that they simply do not have a top top midfield or defense. Their front three carried the team last year, and I don't think they'll be able to repeat that feat.

@Sun: I agree with most of what you said. I'm glad there are at least 'some' people in this place that have a good understanding of the game and the state of clubs.

• History

@Dynastian: Arjen Robben would've run our defense in circles? Didn't we play two highly competitive games two years back with even a weaker defense than the one we have now? Now we have Danilo and an older, more mature Varane. Remember the score back then? 5 - 0 agg. What makes you think Robben would have destroyed us, especially considering that two years ago he was younger and was in a really really good form? While on the opposite side of the spectrum, Ronaldo scored two and Benzema scored one.You don't really sound like a Real Madrid fan to me, not with that negativity concerning the team.And Guardiola, really? I'm sorry, I just couldn't help but laugh at that statement. This guy is probably the most overrated manager out there. He won a whole lotta titles with Barcelona, sure, but I don't think any manager would've done any worse. Even Vicente Del Bosque, without Messi, won back to back Euros and a World Cup with a team comprised of the same core players as the 2009 Barcelona.He arrives in Bayern, a treble winning team that just added even more quality to their squad and they lose 5-0 on aggregate to Real Madrid. Come next season, they get humiliated by Barcelona at the same stage. This guy is a mediocre manager at best, one that was the result of a very very good Barcelona squad (possibly the best ever Barca team). I bet his entire tactics consisted of.. 'Give the ball to Messi, if he's not available, give it Xavi or Iniesta. They'll figure it out'. lol.Not to mention, oh, when things start to go bad.. Attack the ref as a whole and try to get a penalty or one of them sent off. (I'm thinking of you, Dani Alves & Bisquets). I do apologize but I simply cannot respect anyone who is of the opinion that Guardiola is some revolutionary coach. He's not. Give the team he had ANY system, and they'll end up winning. They were simply that good.@Tiki:You don't know how Banitez will play the team, you do not know what/if we will have difficulties against any type of opponents. Carlo was an excellent man manager but a terrible tactician which is why we struggled so much against top sides. Banitez on the other hand is a good tactician but not the best man manager. If we do have problems, it will not be due to his tactics but rather with his handling of the egos in the dressing room. On top of that, we're almost certain to reach at least semis in the Champions League and with his management - I am sure we will do much better than last season against top sides.Even though Madrid was a 'stable' team, you have to remember that we had just come off winning the Champions League and Copa Del Rey. It's a lot more difficult to retain trophies than it is to win them. It has been that way for centuries. The hunger is satiated and the team just does not try as hard whereas Barcelona had a terrible season before last and they were hungry - which is actually the case now for Real Madrid.I will honestly be surprised if Barcelona wins a single trophy this year. The fact is that they simply do not have a top top midfield or defense. Their front three carried the team last year, and I don't think they'll be able to repeat that feat.

@Dynastian: Arjen Robben would've run our defense in circles? Didn't we play two highly competitive games two years back with even a weaker defense than the one we have now? Now we have Danilo and an older, more mature Varane. Remember the score back then? 5 - 0 agg. What makes you think Robben would have destroyed us, especially considering that two years ago he was younger and was in a really really good form? While on the opposite side of the spectrum, Ronaldo scored two and Benzema scored one.

You don't really sound like a Real Madrid fan to me, not with that negativity concerning the team.

And Guardiola, really? I'm sorry, I just couldn't help but laugh at that statement. This guy is probably the most overrated manager out there. He won a whole lotta titles with Barcelona, sure, but I don't think any manager would've done any worse. Even Vicente Del Bosque, without Messi, won back to back Euros and a World Cup with a team comprised of the same core players as the 2009 Barcelona.

He arrives in Bayern, a treble winning team that just added even more quality to their squad and they lose 5-0 on aggregate to Real Madrid. Come next season, they get humiliated by Barcelona at the same stage. This guy is a mediocre manager at best, one that was the result of a very very good Barcelona squad (possibly the best ever Barca team). I bet his entire tactics consisted of.. 'Give the ball to Messi, if he's not available, give it Xavi or Iniesta. They'll figure it out'. lol.

Not to mention, oh, when things start to go bad.. Attack the ref as a whole and try to get a penalty or one of them sent off. (I'm thinking of you, Dani Alves & Bisquets). I do apologize but I simply cannot respect anyone who is of the opinion that Guardiola is some revolutionary coach. He's not. Give the team he had ANY system, and they'll end up winning. They were simply that good.

@Tiki:
You don't know how Banitez will play the team, you do not know what/if we will have difficulties against any type of opponents. Carlo was an excellent man manager but a terrible tactician which is why we struggled so much against top sides. Banitez on the other hand is a good tactician but not the best man manager. If we do have problems, it will not be due to his tactics but rather with his handling of the egos in the dressing room. On top of that, we're almost certain to reach at least semis in the Champions League and with his management - I am sure we will do much better than last season against top sides.

Even though Madrid was a 'stable' team, you have to remember that we had just come off winning the Champions League and Copa Del Rey. It's a lot more difficult to retain trophies than it is to win them. It has been that way for centuries. The hunger is satiated and the team just does not try as hard whereas Barcelona had a terrible season before last and they were hungry - which is actually the case now for Real Madrid.

I will honestly be surprised if Barcelona wins a single trophy this year. The fact is that they simply do not have a top top midfield or defense. Their front three carried the team last year, and I don't think they'll be able to repeat that feat.

@Sun: I agree with most of what you said. I'm glad there are at least 'some' people in this place that have a good understanding of the game and the state of clubs.

And please do yourself a favor and not bring up the amount of trophies Guardiola has won. Has he ever managed a team that hasn't been the favorites to win a Champions League or at least play the final? Taking into consideration the squads he's had at his disposal, he couldn't have done any worse.

@Tiki:

tuan_jinn 9 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@Amerr: saying Carlo not a good tactician is too harsh. He's brilliant in a lot of cases, read the game extremely well just as good as any top managers out there. All top coaches would struggle against each other because they are all relatively good.

Carlo made one big mistake last year though: the rotation. It was horrible. And he was very very unlucky that Modric got injured. The guy is your CORE KEY player, an unsung hero in every way. Without him, Ronaldo and especial Benzema looked mediocre in front of top defenders... they just dont have the space, and the team just doesn't flow the way they supposed to.

As for Pep, I disagree too. Pep is definitely not overrated. He's among the best out there. Sure, Bayern was the champ before that, but this is what football is all about, the is no definite king, things on paper won't match reality. Not to mention, other team will take extreme precaution against BM, BM's players might loose their motivation after the winning, the enthusiasm couldn't be the same. The CL's curse is there for a reason.

I agree that PEP is NOT a **revolutionary coach**. Cruyf set up that system, Pep advanced it. He executed it brilliantly, game in game out. That's the difficult part. Got the players on the style the rythm that worked so well for a long period of time is not walking in the park, despite all the super stars you have.

Spain inherited that rythm, and their coach did a great job to keep that too. No doubt.

I refuse to take ANY CREDIT away from PEP.

• History

@Amerr: saying Carlo not a good tactician is too harsh. He's brilliant in a lot of cases, read the game extremely well just as good as any top manager out there. All top coach would struggle against each other because they are all relatively good.

Carlo has made one big mistake last year though: the rotation. It was horrible. And he was very very unlucky that Modric got injured. The guy is your CORE KEY player, an unsung hero in every way. Without him, Ronaldo and especial Benzema looked mediocre in front of top defenders... they just dont have the space, and the team just doesn't flow the way they supposed to.

As for Pep, I disagree too. Pep is definitely not overrated. He's among the best out there. Sure, Bayern was the champ before that, but this is what football is all about, the is no definite king, things on paper won't match reality. Not to mention, other team will take extreme precaution against BM, BM's players might loose their motivation after the winning, the enthusiasm couldn't be the same. The CL's curse is there for a reason.

I agree that PEP is NOT a **revolutionary coach**. Cruyf set up that system, Pep advanced it. He executed it brilliantly, game in game out. That's the difficult part. Got the players on the style the rythm that worked so well for a long period of time is not walking in the park, despite all the super stars you have.

Spain inherited that rythm, and their coach did a great job to keep that too. No doubt.

@Amerr: saying Carlo not a good tactician is too harsh. He's brilliant in a lot of cases, read the game extremely well just as good as any top managers out there. All top coaches would struggle against each other because they are all relatively good.

Carlo has made one big mistake last year though: the rotation. It was horrible. And he was very very unlucky that Modric got injured. The guy is your CORE KEY player, an unsung hero in every way. Without him, Ronaldo and especial Benzema looked mediocre in front of top defenders... they just dont have the space, and the team just doesn't flow the way they supposed to.

tiki_taka 9 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Lol you are in complete bias, Barça had a terrible season ??? Defeated Your beloved Madrid twice in both Clasicos home and away, 2-0 in Camp Nou, 3-4 in Bernabeu. Destroyed City home and away before Valdes got injured and finishing the season with Pinto, only lost to Atletico in CL who would have won CL if they didnt got Turan and Costa injured or a last minute Ramos equalizer. And they were one goal far from lifting the league.

Barça terrible season as you say just look like to Madrid actual season, so one sided way of analyzing is possible the other way.
I can also say that Madrid was poor vs top teams of Spain, took 0 pts against Barça and an embarassing 0 pts against Atletico. So give credit to both teams when they achieve and stop looking for excuses each time Madrid is trophyless.... Any team in the world has their excuse when they fail to lift trophies, one sided arguments are easy to destroy.

Since you love this kind of arguments, taste your own medecine : '' IF Atletico played Madrid in CL final before playing Barça in the League game decider ( 3 days gap not enough to recover ), Atletico would be Europeen champions and Barça would be Liga champions, and your amazing season would just have been another flop season ''

Football is about details, enjoy the win, ACCEPT THE LOSS and RESPECT THE WINNER.

• History

Lol you are in permanent denial or complete bias, Barça had a terrible season ??? Defeated Your beloved Madrid twice in both Clasicos home and away, 2-0 in Camp Nou, 3-4 in Bernabeu. Destroyed City home and away before Valdes got injured and finishing the season with Pinto, only lost to Atletico in CL who would have won CL if they didnt got Turan and Costa injured or a last minute Ramos equalizer. And they were one goal far from lifting the league.

Barça terrible season as you say just look like to Madrid actual season, so one sided way of analyzing is possible the other way.
I can also say that Madrid was poor vs top teams of Spain, took 0 pts against Barça and an embarassing 0 pts against Atletico. So give credit to both teams when they achieve and stop looking for excuses each time Madrid is trophyless.... Any team in the world has their excuse when they fail to lift trophies, one sided arguments are easy to destroy.

Lol you are in permanent denial or complete bias, Barça had a terrible season ??? Defeated Your beloved Madrid twice in both Clasicos home and away, 2-0 in Camp Nou, 3-4 in Bernabeu. Destroyed City home and away before Valdes got injured and finishing the season with Pinto, only lost to Atletico in CL who would have won CL if they didnt got Turan and Costa injured or a last minute Ramos equalizer. And they were one goal far from lifting the league.

Since you love this kind of arguments, taste your own medecine : '' IF Atletico played Madrid in CL final before playing Barça in the League game decider ( 3 days gap not enough to recover ), Atletico would be Europeen champions and Barça would be Liga champions, and your amazing season would just have been another flop season ''

Football is about details, enjoy the win, ACCEPT THE LOST and RESPECT THE WINNER.

Lol you are in complete bias, Barça had a terrible season ??? Defeated Your beloved Madrid twice in both Clasicos home and away, 2-0 in Camp Nou, 3-4 in Bernabeu. Destroyed City home and away before Valdes got injured and finishing the season with Pinto, only lost to Atletico in CL who would have won CL if they didnt got Turan and Costa injured or a last minute Ramos equalizer. And they were one goal far from lifting the league.

Football is about details, enjoy the win, ACCEPT THE LOST and RESPECT THE WINNER.

Amerr30 9 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

@Tiki Taka: Considering the squad Barcelona had, winning 0 trophies in any season is considered a terrible season regardless how many great individual games the team may have played. In fact, both of these teams are expected to play such high quality games every season. The standard that these two teams have each season in and out are much higher than other teams excluding perhaps Bayern Munich.

Saying that Barca had a terrible season should be considered a compliment, not an insult.

Athletico did have a player injured but Real Madrid also had Xabi Alonso, who was as critical to the team as Modric has grown to become in Real Madrid recently, booked and not allowed to play. If we're going to go that route, it's not crazy to assume that had Xabi played, we would've won that game without fuss. With him in the team, we demolished Bayern Munich (a significantly stronger side) 4-0 in Munich.

Further, had it not been for Casillas ridiculous mistake, they wouldn't have even scored. You watched the game, right? Are you honestly going to sit there and tell me that Athletico had deserved to win? They didn't play like Champions. They parked the bus for the entirety of the game. It would have been a terrible outcome had they walked away with the trophy.

You're completely taking what I said the wrong way. As I previously said, even though I detest Barcelona, I respect them as a team and club. They have done amazing things this last decade and for once are on the equal ground with Madrid. In fact, at times they had taken over completely in the last decade.

@tuan: I'll respond to you later.

• History

@Tiki Taka: Considering the squad Barcelona had, winning 0 trophies in any season is considered a terrible season regardless how many great individual games the team may have played. In fact, both of these teams are expected to play such high quality games every season. The standard that these two teams have each season in and out are much higher than other teams excluding perhaps Bayern Munich.Saying that Barca had a terrible season should be considered a compliment, not an insult.Athletico did have a player injured but Real Madrid also had Xabi Alonso, who was as critical to the team as Modric has grown to become in Real Madrid recently, booked and not allowed to play. If we're going to go that route, it's not crazy to assume that had Xabi played, we would've won that game without fuss. With him in the team, we demolished Bayern Munich (was is a significantly stronger side) 4-0 in Munich.You're completely taking what I said the wrong way. As I previously said, even though I detest Barcelona, I respect them as a team and club. They have done amazing things this last decade and for once are on the equal grounding with Madrid. They were in fact times they had taken over completely in the last decade.

@Tiki Taka: Considering the squad Barcelona had, winning 0 trophies in any season is considered a terrible season regardless how many great individual games the team may have played. In fact, both of these teams are expected to play such high quality games every season. The standard that these two teams have each season in and out are much higher than other teams excluding perhaps Bayern Munich.

Saying that Barca had a terrible season should be considered a compliment, not an insult.Athletico did have a player injured but Real Madrid also had Xabi Alonso, who was as critical to the team as Modric has grown to become in Real Madrid recently, booked and not allowed to play. If we're going to go that route, it's not crazy to assume that had Xabi played, we would've won that game without fuss. With him in the team, we demolished Bayern Munich (was is a significantly stronger side) 4-0 in Munich.

You're completely taking what I said the wrong way. As I previously said, even though I detest Barcelona, I respect them as a team and club. They have done amazing things this last decade and for once are on the equal ground with Madrid. They were in fact times they had taken over completely in the last decade.

Saying that Barca had a terrible season should be considered a compliment, not an insult.Athletico did have a player injured but Real Madrid also had Xabi Alonso, who was as critical to the team as Modric has grown to become in Real Madrid recently, booked and not allowed to play. If we're going to go that route, it's not crazy to assume that had Xabi played, we would've won that game without fuss. With him in the team, we demolished Bayern Munich (was is a significantly stronger side) 4-0 in Munich.

Further, had it not been for Casillas ridiculous mistake, they wouldn't have even scored. You watched the game, right? Are you honestly going to sit there and tell me that Athletico had deserved to win? They didn't play like Champions. They parked the bus for the entirety of the game. It would have been a terrible outcome had they walked away with the trophy.

You're completely taking what I said the wrong way. As I previously said, even though I detest Barcelona, I respect them as a team and club. They have done amazing things this last decade and for once are on the equal ground with Madrid. They were in fact times they had taken over completely in the last decade.

Saying that Barca had a terrible season should be considered a compliment, not an insult.

Athletico did have a player injured but Real Madrid also had Xabi Alonso, who was as critical to the team as Modric has grown to become in Real Madrid recently, booked and not allowed to play. If we're going to go that route, it's not crazy to assume that had Xabi played, we would've won that game without fuss. With him in the team, we demolished Bayern Munich (was is a significantly stronger side) 4-0 in Munich.

Athletico did have a player injured but Real Madrid also had Xabi Alonso, who was as critical to the team as Modric has grown to become in Real Madrid recently, booked and not allowed to play. If we're going to go that route, it's not crazy to assume that had Xabi played, we would've won that game without fuss. With him in the team, we demolished Bayern Munich (was is a significantly stronger side) 4-0 in Munich.

Athletico did have a player injured but Real Madrid also had Xabi Alonso, who was as critical to the team as Modric has grown to become in Real Madrid recently, booked and not allowed to play. If we're going to go that route, it's not crazy to assume that had Xabi played, we would've won that game without fuss. With him in the team, we demolished Bayern Munich (a significantly stronger side) 4-0 in Munich.

You're completely taking what I said the wrong way. As I previously said, even though I detest Barcelona, I respect them as a team and club. They have done amazing things this last decade and for once are on the equal ground with Madrid. TIn fact times they had taken over completely in the last decade.

I just explained you that Atletico players played with one leg, due to their efforts in Camp Nnou 3 days before, so Costa injured and Turan already injured against Barça, thats 40% of their strenght.The others couldnt even end up the CL game.

Im just saying that Madrid is a good team, but no need to think you are the best, actually you arent because 3 teams can pretend to this mark, and im very worried about Madrid loosing their main success icon : Mister Ancelotti.

I understand your actual frustration, but wait for Madrid to get some success before acting as a usual Spanish Madridista.
Ancelotti >>>>>>>>>> Benitez and you are yet to dicover this truth. Madrid just sacked the one who gave them the CL after years of failures, he isnt responsible for injuries...
Madridistas wants the big scores, the winning streak, the way of playing, and NO INJURIES ? I think those who criticize Ancelotti are a sick as their Perez president, and they will figure out why this season :)

Stay with us a little this year...

• History

I understand your actual frustration, but wait for Madrid to get some success before acting as a usual Spanish Madridista.
Ancelotti >>>>>>>>>> Benitez and you are yet to dicover this truth. Madrid just sacked the one who gave them the CL after years of failures, he isnt responsible for injuries...
Madridistas wants the big scores, the winning streak, the way of playing, and NO INJURIES ? I think those who criticize Ancelotti are a sick as their Perez president, and they will figure out why this season :)

Stay with us a little this year...

rayrex7 9 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

@Amer mate dont go overboard, and don't lie to yourself.

First off, Robben will go past our defense yes, but not easily yet again he could, he is for me one of the best dribblers in the world. Guardiola is without any doubt one of the best managers in the world, i just dont know how you cant see it. Yes he may made a few mistakes here and there, but you still cant deny how he made barca to an unbeatable team in 2009-2011.

Please recall the match for bayren vs Madrid 0-4.
Our stats were probably lower in all departments, and guess what 3 of our goals were from set pieces. We didnt dominate the game, but we were the better team, yes, but please don't over exaggerate our victory.

Saying Barca had a terrible season is illegal, *saying barca had a terrible season *compared to their previous seasons, yes.

They made city look like levante, and remember city on that time were on top form.

I also agree with tiki, Ancellotti is by far better than Beniteiz. His only mistake was rotations and thats it. Benitiez may improve our defense, but if he wants to play defensive, he should start thinking about counter attacks cause that the only thing we can do against top teams, I may be wrong and rafa could prove everyone else wrong too, but time will tell.

@everyone who thinks Madrid dont deserve too be tire 1 should at least explain, We were 2 points short from first place, went to semi in UCL, and one of our players was the Top scorers as well, plus we were on par with barca in both classicos, and had a 22 game winning streak. I believe we deserve to be on Tier 1, moreover how on earth could you feel Madrid not in tier 1 yet Bayren is. For me, Madrid had a similar season to bayren or even better. The bundeseliga isnt competitive giving the lack of form in Dortmund who were the only team who could give bayren a run for their money, I could also add Wolfsburg, but thats about it. They were also in the semis of the UCL.

barca and Juve in tire 1 and Madrid , bayren in tier 2 may be convincing due to their achievements this year.

Remember Madrid had by far the worst injury list this year, way worse than bayren.

Oh and amer, when a madrid fan points out negative comments like Dyna, that just proves that he is a true Madridista, and not just a simple fanboy, so I respect dyna for that. Try to say whats right on the field, not what you like

KTBFFHSWE 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

@amer "You don't really sound like a Real Madrid fan to me, not with that negativity concerning the team."

Are you kidding me? He's annoyingly much a 'madrista'.

"On top of that, we're almost certain to reach at least semis in the Champions League and with his management.."

You really can't say that. Furthermore, Ancelotti is miles ahead of Benitez on all levels. It was a stupid decision to let him go. Same when they run Chelsea in the past.

Other than that, I agree that RM should be in the top3!

I just saw your '' for once like Madrid '' For once ? Really ?

Your History is linked to 2 facts that you seem to ignore : Franco Era, Europeen cup start, when it was a friendly cup at the begining, just like Audi cup or Intercontinental.

I give you some History lessons because i cant stand the Madridistas arrogance, the first supposedly '' plastic CL ever played '' They called the champions of Europeen leagues. Barça were the Liga holders and refused to participate to such an insignificant cup at that moment to play copa cataluna more important in their eyes...

Then they called the 2nd and Franco at that time wanted a visibility outside Spain, mainly in Europe, Madrid success was for him the way to put Spain on the Europeen map, and he did everything for it that it happen. No one cared about the '' before CL cup until Madrid won it the 4th time '' This is why CL owes a lot to Madrid because it was a useless cup before.

And still useless until the new 1992 era of the Real Champions League.

Considering what Barça faced in Franco era, refrees bias and 10 years transfer ban, just keep calm about the 2 cubs History, its not the appropriate forum imo to bring this special History between the 2 clubs.

The come back Barça did to catch up the money, the domestic Spanish market owned by Madrid, the History where a big pourcentage was given by a dictator and a stolen transfer...

Before Franco, the best teams in Spain were Bilbao and Barcelona, after Franco there was Crujf, in Madrid '' La quinta del buitre '' of Butrageno and co is the only era i respect in your beloved team.

So if you want to bring History, open a thread and lets discuss it. You seem to ignore what is Barça about, what is to be a Barça fan for a native and the whole political aspects linked to Football in Spain where shutting down Barça was a way to shut Catalan pride down for the most important person in Madrid History : General Franco.

Barça has 10 times more copa Del Rey, closing the gap in Ligas, and in term of CL, they won 5 real CLs, the big ears cup not that useless trophy after WW2.

• History

I just saw your '' for once like Madrid '' For once ? Really ?

Your History is linked to 2 facts that you seem to ignore : Franco Era, Europeen cup start, when it was a friendly cup at the begining, just like Audi cup or Intercontinental.

I give you some History lessons because i cant stand the Madridistas arrogance, the first supposedly '' plastic CL ever played '' They called the champions of Europeen leagues. Barça were the Liga holders and refused to participate to such an insignificant cup at that moment to play copa cataluna more important in their eyes...

Considering what Barça faced in Franco era, refrees bias and 10 years transfer ban, just keep calm about the 2 cubs History, its not the appropriate forum imo to bring this special History between the 2 clubs.

The come back Barça did to catch up the money, the domestic Spanish market owned by Madrid, the History where a big pourcentage was given by a dictator and a stolen transfer...

Before Franco, the best teams in Spain were Bilbao and Barcelona, after Franco there was Crujf, in Madrid '' La quinta del buitre '' of Butrageno and co is the only era i respect in your beloved team.

So if you want to bring History, open a thread and lets discuss it. You seem to ignore what is Barça about, what is to be a Barça fan for a native and the whole political aspects linked to Football in Spain where shutting down Barça was a way to shut Catalan pride down for the most important person in Madrid History : General Franco.

decentK 9 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

If I may add my list.

Top teams

Fc Bayern
Barcelona
Real Madrid

Second

Juve
Chelsea
Manchester city
Arsenal
Atlético de Madrid
Sevilla
PSG
Man Utd

Third:

Wolfsburg
Borussia dortmund
Roma
Liverpool
Valencia
Athl Bilbao

Fourth:

Lyon
Marseille
AC Milan (currently have to say this sorry)
Inter Milan
etc.

SunFlash 9 years ago
USA 19 3260

Well this turned into a shitstorm.

Oops.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Eh, this thread has wired into absolute chaos. ._.

EduardoZ 9 years ago
AS Roma, Brazil 6 119

Well...not my intention.
I just wanted to know everyone's point of view.
The season just started, so...
Consider the previous squads and the previous season =)

shpalman 9 years ago Edited
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

@SunFlash
i do respect your opinions, but i have to make a point about what follows:
"In Sir Alex's biography, he references match-fixing being so common in Italy that several Italians could not believe that it was not commonplace in England."

i guess you meant this quote:
"In England you think none of your games are bent. Here we assume all ours are."

^that's what he was told when he was in Italy during a match. and has a very different meaning, because it is just telling you that "all the places are the same". basically. it would be very naive to believe that there is no corruption in English or European football. it's just that, paradoxically, in Italy Justice has more tools to expose this kind of facts, and so they do get exposed. from The Guardian:

"But we should also take one other key factor into consideration: the power and independence of the Italian judiciary. Italian magistrates have the ability to set up phone taps and run long investigations into scandals of this kind. They are also proactive in seeking out possible wrongdoing and can order arrests and offer deals to those who confess. British police, for example, are much weaker and less interested in football-linked corruption. Illegal betting is an issue for every sport in today's globalised world, and has been for many years."

source: http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/may/29/is-italian-football-more-corrupt

that said, shall we mention the numerous scandals which involved German football, or the fact that Germany cheated to host the WC in 2006?

and there's much more on the internet. time to quit BuLi too? i hate corruption me too, but if i had to go by your rationale, then i'd have to quit football as a whole. Fergie loved Italian football btw.

• History

@SunFlash
i do respect your opinions, but i have to make a point about what follows:"In Sir Alex's biography, he references match-fixing being so common in Italy that several Italians could not believe that it was not commonplace in England."

"In England you think none of your games are bent. Here we assume all ours are."

^that's what he was told when he was in Italy during a match. and has a very different meaning, because it is just telling you that "all the places are the same". basically. it would be very naive to believe that there is no corruption in English or European football. it's just that, paradoxically, in Italy Justice has more tools to expose this kind of facts, and so they do get exposed.
from The Guardian:
"But we should also take one other key factor into consideration: the power and independence of the Italian judiciary. Italian magistrates have the ability to set up phone taps and run long investigations into scandals of this kind. They are also proactive in seeking out possible wrongdoing and can order arrests and offer deals to those who confess. British police, for example, are much weaker and less interested in football-linked corruption. Illegal betting is an issue for every sport in today's globalised world, and has been for many years."

source: http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/may/29/is-italian-football-more-corrupt

that said, shall we mention the numerous scandals which involved German football, or the fact that Germany cheated to host the WC in 2006?

and there's much more on the internet. i hate corruption me too, but if i had to go by your rationale, then i'd have to quit football as a whole. Fergie loved Italian football btw.

@SunFlash
"In Sir Alex's biography, he references match-fixing being so common in Italy that several Italians could not believe that it was not commonplace in England."

^that's what he was told when he was in Italy during a match. and has a very different meaning, because it is just telling you that "all the places are the same". basically. it would be very naive to believe that there is no corruption in English or European football. it's just that, paradoxically, in Italy Justice has more tools to expose this kind of facts, and so they do get exposed. from The Guardian:

and there's much more on the internet. i hate corruption me too, but if i had to go by your rationale, then i'd have to quit football as a whole. Fergie loved Italian football btw.

@SunFlash

and there's much more on the internet. time to quite BuLi too? i hate corruption me too, but if i had to go by your rationale, then i'd have to quit football as a whole. Fergie loved Italian football btw.

SunFlash 9 years ago
USA 19 3260

This is where it gets rough for me as a North American. I don't really have a lot of experience when it comes to the policing in other parts of the world. In the USA, they take any type of corruption in sports very seriously, (although maybe not in politics) and results are seen pretty clearly. (See: Pete Rose, Joe Jackson, etc)

I will freely admit that I know next to nothing about how the police in different European states operate in regards to sports. I do however know the media operates.

The British media in fanatical in its desire to expose everything from "so and so smiled only 6 times in practice yesterday" to "some guy I spoke to in Chile tells me that Vidal to Arsenal is A DONE DEAL." The media themselves have repeatedly broken laws in their investigations, and I am one hundred percent certain that if there was anything REMOTELY resembling the Italian corruption in British football it would be gleefully exposed to a public that would eat up every word of it.

I suppose the biggest factor for me is how it is perceived. You took the Fergie quote and assume that cheating happens everywhere. I take the Fergie quote and see that Italians assume cheating happens everywhere. You are no different than the individuals he was speaking to. You expect cheating. When I look at FIFA and Italian football, I do too. Because we all know it's there. People (outside of Italy I guess) don't look at most leagues and think "there is cheating going on here, I have no doubt."

Odds-fixing, that is something else. I do not believe for a second however, that there is match-fixing going on in England on any real scale, and certainly not the BPL.

Take that however you want, maybe I'm an optimistic American who has seen justice reached in sports far more than any Europeans expect or even want. I'll happy live in ignorance until I am proved wrong.

Tuanis 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Jesus christ... out of all the threads where people could create ridiculous replies and start arguments you guys had to choose this one. Can we focus on the topic and not start making essays about one person's opinion on a specific team that got you upset?

this was a thread intended to compare the beginning of the season with how teams would progress throughout the year. At least let the CL begin before making yet another endless thread..

tiki_taka 9 years ago

@Sunflash

You have lived until now in Disneyland, not that surprising for an American born, but its never late to wake up and look to reality...

decentK 9 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

F*cking hell I'm so getting tired of combining football with POLITICS. Although tiki says football's nothing without politics, I strongly disagree, YOU CAN F*CKING DISCUSS FOOTBALL WITHOUT GETTING TO THE F*CKING POLITICS.

It's always the same, we start with for example "David Silva is a great footballer" & end up with "US IS CORRUPT, you have to wake up to reality" or... "Arsenal will be title contenders this season" & somehow leads to "Oh, remember Franco? How about if he didn't live, Arsenal would be nothing" or "Southampton have fantastic academy" leads to "Catalunya WANTS TO BE INDEPENDENT, YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER THAT!"

They have f in nothing to do with each other, but somehow they always link up here. Obv exact same things haven't happened what I mentioned, but they sound just as relevant.

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Tier 1
PSG
Bayern
Real

Barca (a bit behind)

Tier 2
Juventus
Chelsea
United
City
Atletico Madrid

Tier 3
Spurs
Roma
Dortmund
Liverpool
Monaco
Milan
Napoli
Sevilla

nigelpayne 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 15 484

@KTB i'm liking how you put that...couldn't agree more!

Yvan21 7 years ago
0 440

PSG's being overhyped imo :p

Discussion Closed