Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Supercopa de España
Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Probably one of the few times a domestic Supercup is really worth watching - we get two fresh Clasicos to start the season.

Feel free to post your pre-match and post-match thoughts on this thread.

Comments
Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

They're a dirty stain on football. I wish Spain would just let them separate, let them have their Catalunya, that would end up being a broke Country that begs European Union for aids.

They wish it upon themselves they don't need you to say it, that's the sad part, referendum is in October :(

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

I do not agree with your statement about Catalunya, Amer. FCB doesn't not represent an entire region and you should not base your judgement about the region or its people from a football team. Real and Barca are equally dirty, equally controversial, equally great to watch. Don't mix football with politics or a region. Leave stuff like that out of your arguements. Real need Barcelona just as much as Barcelona needs Real. That rivalry takes these team to compete for every single trophy.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@Raimondo Agreed.

rayrex7 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

lol, Ronaldo didnt dive, my grandmother who is nearly bind can tell that there was clear contact, than again that was not a penalty, just good defending. Ref was stupid to give a yellow, and Ronaldo is ff*ckin 32 with 3 kids, he shouldn't touch the ref whatsoever. Ronaldo fell to the ground from contact from umtiti, he just went along with fall and asks for a penalty, gets it or not that's his choice

@tiki mate you need to chill, The reason why people think its harsh because the red card in the first place wasnt even valid. Suarez ont he other hand made a clear dive, none of us defended Ronaldo when he made clear dives and you shouldnt defend Suarez for that atrocious dive.

@amir I'm surprised you actually left the whole thing and focused on Ramos lifting up suarez. That's nothing, its el classico, thats like a handshake compared the previous classicos or even the madrid derby. Any player in the world would've done the same, Suarez got an unfair penalty in a cup match. However, though being an ugly act, he did what he had to do, he wanted to win and tried everything in his power to do it. Any fan being in the same situation as a barca fan last night wouldn't mind it as long as he gets to see his team win. Stop acting mighty and fair and admit that under all that goodness, you want that win badly. That's why most barca fans tend to hide the Suarez diving incident with Ronaldo's. Tiki and amir have been doing it from the beginning.

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

rayrex7

I'm surprised you actually left the whole thing and focused on Ramos lifting up suarez.

I did talk about Suarez you know. Page 1 plus page 3.

its el classico, thats like a handshake compared the previous classicos or even the madrid derby.

True I guess, but still unacceptable. 7 years ago fights kept breaking out.

Stop acting mighty and fair and admit that under all that goodness, you want that win badly.

I'm not acting mighty and I don't want the win so badly. I will admit I prefer Barcelona to RM, but if I were to be honest, Arsenal losing a pre season game would hurt me more than Barcelona FC collapsing. Besides it's leg 1 of a supercup, not a champions league final.

I only comment based on what I see, and Suarez faced contact during his fall. Even if you feel he dived, landing on the floor with impact will cause pain. Ramos is in no position to put even a finger on Suarez.

Sportsmanship + Sergio Ramos = Error confirmed

Amerr30 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

@tuan, Emo, Rai:

My beef is not really as much with the clubs. I know that both Barcelona and Real Madrid have benefited from the ref calls in the past, that is not even debatable. What I'm having an issue with and the reason why I said such a thing is due to the reaction of their fans when the clubs get screwed up or helped by the ref.

I recall after Real and Bayern matches, I along with all other Real fans to my recollection in here, admitted the faults of the ref. We did not play stupid, we did not bring up past where our team was screwed. If some did, it was a very small minority. My beef is with the fans themselves. Go around, read up a little bit. On twitter, on barcelona media, and etc. All of them are saying how Ronaldo deserved the sending off, how Suarez' penalty was spot on and etc. In fact, how Barcelona played better the entire match and Real Madrid got lucky with two counter attacks. Never mind the fact that the game was played at Camp Nou, and Barcelona was expected to dominate possession. Never mind that the third was scored with 10 men.

The fact here is that their fans are a dirty stain on football. Disagree as much as you want, but we're talking about the most single minded, the most foul, the most hateful group on the entire planet. They threw a goddamn pigs head on the stadium.

I don't consider what would happen to the league, what would happen to the competitiveness. The Cules are the ones asking for it, are they not? I'm just saying let them have it. They have no idea what is awaiting them.

Just read what the Barcelona fan is saying on this thread alone and it's enough to shake your head in disbelief.

Remember their fans after the fiasco of the CL game against PSG? These people are just.. I don't know. No way to describe it. It all starts at the club though, the root of the problem.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@tuan, Emo, Rai:

My beef is not really as much with the clubs. I know that both Barcelona and Real Madrid have benefited from the ref calls in the past, that is not even debatable. What I'm having an issue with and the reason why I said such a thing is due to the reaction of their fans when the clubs get screwed up or helped by the ref.

I recall after Real and Bayern matches, I along with all other Real fans to my recollection in here, admitted the faults of the ref. We did not play stupid, we did not bring up past where our team was screwed. If some did, it was a very small minority. My beef is with the fans themselves. Go around, read up a little bit. On twitter, on barcelona media, and etc. All of them are saying how Ronaldo deserved the sending off, how Suarez' penalty was spot on and etc. In fact, how Barcelona played better the entire match and Real Madrid got lucky with two counter attacks. Never mind the fact that the game was played at Camp Nou, and Barcelona was expected to dominate possession. Never mind that the third was scored with 10 men.

The fact here is that their fans are a dirty stain on football. Disagree as much as you want, but we're talking about the most single minded, the most foul, the most hateful group on the entire planet. They threw a goddamn pigs head on the stadium.

I don't consider what would happen to the league, what would happen to the competitiveness. The Cules are the ones asking for it, are they not? I'm just saying let them have it. They have no idea what is awaiting them.

Just read what the Barcelona fan is saying on this thread alone and it's enough to shake your head in disbelief.

Remember their fans after the fiasco of the CL game against PSG? These people are just.. I don't know. No way to describe it.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@Amer, let just calm down shall we? every club has certain group of fan and media. The bigger the club is, the bigger this group becomes.

Admittedly, Barca's fans and media havent been so class at time, so have Real's

You gotta be in our situation once, (MU in the last 5 years). We became so irrelevant that people mocked us when our players dived, and then you would wish you were in a position that people would hate us for the same thing.

• History

@Amer, let just calm down shall we, every club has certain group of fan and media. The bigger the club is, the bigger this group becomes.

You gotta be in our situation once, (MU in the last 5 years). We became so irrelevant that people mocked us when our players dived, and then you would wish you were in a position that people would hate us for the same thing.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@amerr Don't forget Real and Barca are two of the team with most fan in the world, of course you gonna get some bad one at time who are more visible than other but I've seen some class reaction from some Barca fan, some of them on this very site. Generalizing is never a good idea imo because in every group there is idiot and troll. And above all else, every fan is a bit bias, its normal, what make football interested. Seen plenty of bias reaction from both Barca and Real on FR and they don't even seem to realise it themselve but hey, like I said, it make the forum interesting at time. XD

Golazo111 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@Emo I dare to say that Manchester United has a bigger or at least equal world wide fanbase compared to Real Madrid and Barcelona.

• History

@Emo I dare to say that Manchester United has a bigger or at least equal world wide fanbase than Real Madrid and Barcelona.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11435

@Golazo And they do have some stupid fan, oh yes they do. :( But the point, not all of them are like that. Take Tuan_jinn for exemple, great guy, with a terrific personality and as unbiased as I seen about his team. ;) So yeah, every team have good fan and bad fan. They are just sometime more visible for team with more fan. :)

• History

@Golazo And they do have some stupid fan, oh yes they do. :( But the point, not all of them are like that. Take Tuan_jinn for exemple, great guy, with a terrific personality and as unbiased as I seen about his team. ;) So yeah, every team have good fan and bad fan. :)

Yvan21 7 years ago
0 440

@raimondo90 I get what you're saying and I agree that Barcelona is such a big club with supporters everywhere that on paper should not represent a specific region. But it's Barcelona officials who mix the football with politics. So they do it to themselves. They have backed Catalonia's independence in more than one instance by collecting signatures, which is really upsetting to fans who do not support this movement.
http://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2017/05/06/590de9d5e2704e42388b45a1.html

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@Yvan But the fact Barca support Catalonia independance doesn't mean Catalonia have to suffer insult because of the club. For exemple, if a criminal supported a organisation, its not the organisation faults and shouldn't be seen as linked with his crime. Not really a great exemple but I think you understand what I'm trying to say.

Yvan21 7 years ago
0 440

@Emo Yea, I get what you say. I agree, supporters of the club who are not in favor of this political involvement are the main victims here. Lots of good people in Catalonia who are proud to be a part of Spain. I do blame Barcelona's president and other representatives for using the club for their political goals though.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Barcelona would be the capital of Cataluña, alot of people that probably go to FC Barcelona's matches openly want their region to become independent.

enter image description here

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@Golazo Not all of them though. :( But seriously, even if it was the case, as long as they are peaceful in their desire of independance, I don't really see the problem with Barca fan who are also pro Catalonia, I mean, some people want Catalonia to be independant without supporting Barca or any football team. Barca isn't the figure head of Catalonia desire for independance, it may seem that way for us footy who only know about it from the match involving Barca but I really doubt it is. At the end of the day, I'm trying to say people from Catalonia are not all Barcelona fan, just like some Barcelona must be againt an independant Catalonia. Once again, its all about realising you cannot generalise them all or put them in the same boat imo.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago Edited

@Emo: ahhhh, stop ittttttt :">..... thanks bro.

As for spain, I have to say this to you guys that: anyone in Europe knows how messy Spanish economy is, over the last 10 years. And Catalonia is the one rich region that suffered most from the rest (they are the richest). That's one of the big reason for their independence dilemma. Madrid however is the capital and receives huge benefit from the government in this regards...

Sorry my Spanish fellow :D

I was in Barcelona 2 months ago, and I could only enter the best seafood restaurant from 8 PM, and waited outside for 1,5 hours. It was Sunday, ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? how the hell do people work the next day? It's common for Italian and Spanish to eat that late, and sleep late............ :D That's for ALMOST EVERY restaurant. AND, Barcelona is actually one of the rich and hard working city :D

those are all debatable, but more or less the fact (the more favor opinion at the least) when people talks about this whole topic.

With that being said, STUPID FANS with those flags and posters. Football has no place for politics despite there are lots of them.

• History

As for spain, I have to say this to you guys that: anyone in Europe knows how messy Spanish economy is, over the last 10 years. And Catalonia is the one rich region that suffered most from the rest (they are the richest). That's one of the big reason for their independence dilemma. Madrid however is the capital and receives huge benefit from the government in this regards...

I was in Barcelona 2 months ago, and I could only enter the best seafood restaurant from 8 PM, and waited outside for 1,5 hours. It was Sunday, ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? how the hell do people work the next day? It's common for Italian and Spanish to eat that late, and sleep late............ :D AND, Barcelona is actually one of the rich and hard working city :D

those are all debatable, but more or less the fact (the more favor opinion at the least) when people talks about this whole topic.

With that being said, STUPID FANS with those flags and posters. Football has no place for politics despite there are lots of them.

I was in Barcelona 2 months ago, and I could only enter the best seafood restaurant from 8 PM, and waited outside for 1,5 hours. It was Sunday, ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? how the hell do people work the next day? It's common for Italian and Spanish to eat that late, and sleep late............ :D AND, Barcelona is actually one of the rich and hard working city :D

I was in Barcelona 2 months ago, and I could only enter the best seafood restaurant from 8 PM, and waited outside for 1,5 hours. It was Sunday, ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? how the hell do people work the next day? It's common for Italian and Spanish to eat that late, and sleep late............ :D That's for ALMOST EVERY restaurant. AND, Barcelona is actually one of the rich and hard working city :D

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@Emo Just to be clear, I am strongly against any separation. But if the will of 1 side is strong it's only a matter of time :(

Once again, its all about realising you cannot generalise them all or put them in the same boat imo.

But that's not what I intended, it's just showing that FC Barcelona is one of the key figures historically when talking about the culture of the people who live there, there is never a 100% agreement on anything but the majority looks to be in favor of being independent, I didn't say that everyone and whole region agrees on everything but there is alot of involvement by people who go to see football games as well.

And Catalonia is the one rich region that suffered most from the rest (they are the richest). That's one of the big reason for their independence dilemma. Madrid however is the capital and receives huge benefit from the government in this regards..

People forget to realise that a single region is doing well because the whole country gave them some benefits and moved some industries, whole Spain wanted to give to specific regions industries so that they are happy as a whole nation, you can see that in Basque as well as Catalonia.

I think that a good example is former Yugoslavia that had moved sistematically alot of industries and gave benefits to states such as Slovenia,Croatia and later those states thought that they don't need Yugoslavia anymore because they are simply naturally better and that all those things they got simply by being themselves and not because they were a part of a bigger nation, once seperated their standard of living sank very much.

So just to look at how Catalonia is so rich and to simply decide that they should just get rid of Spain is actually very unfair, in alot of countries different part pull their own weight because it's actually a normal way how different things are done by different regions and they all contribute to the whole country;

California "bails out" states in the US and isn't complaining it's the smaller states that actually hate progressives even though the aid/federal funding has been saving their asses, so it's just normal that a region focuses on what they do and get the other stuff from another region or simply help if they are not doing that well.

A seperation wouldn't be a good move for anyone in Spain, Catalonia would automatically go out of EU which would cause alot of trouble for them and the rest of Spain would just lose people and territory, lose-lose situation.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@Golazo

But that's not what I intended, it's just showing that FC Barcelona is one of the key figures historically when talking about the culture of the people who live there, there is never a 100% agreement on anything but the majority looks to be in favor of being independent, I didn't say that everyone and whole region agrees on everything but there is alot of involvement by people who go to see football games as well.

Fair enough, I didn't think you were but I wasn't quite sure and was saying it for other user as well. Putting all fan of a team in the same boat is a problem I remarked we had on footyroom. Find it pretty sad to be fair. :( But you make good point otherwise.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago

I agree with you there, it's NOT a good thing!

That's why it is not happening yet. But from the media, Barcelona has voiced their concerns over the economy and how they have contributed way more to Spain compare to the rest (and they think it's unfair) not saying right or wrong. A part of it, is: they are proud.

I say it's stupid, just as stupid as Brexit.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago

2ng leg. Half time.

Real 2 0 Barca

Lolll totally outclassed. Not the kind of game we want to see. Barca looked exactly like the weak Barca 4 years ago, and without Neymar... Gomez is the worst Barca players in their history.

This team is so clueless. And their defend loooollllll