Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Real Madrid v Juventus (3-0 agg) (2nd Leg, 1/4th finals of CL 17/18)
Amerr30 6 years ago
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

Who's going to watch this game?

Who wants to watch this game but can't? Perhaps I can help if you live in the States, as I have a Xfinity (Comcast) subscription with FS1 included, I could give you a login to watch it online live. But I'll only do it for those who are established members and and are trustworthy.

Anyway,

discuss.

Comments
tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

You are too naive, he showed respect because his wonderful goal spoke for himself. Each time when Ronaldo flops, he compensates in showing muscle...
Im not blaming him for flopping i just find his way to compensate Gay arrogant and plain stupid. Even those who try to find him excuses should question themselves about their objectivity. The guy has more than 80% Motm in highlight sections...
Sometimes he flops for weeks, his fans relate some inexistant donations, fucking unrelated to football.
Reason why I don’t respect most of his fans...

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@tiki: to be fair, at this point. Looking at the game isn't the way to judge Ronaldo anymore.

He can be total crap the whole game, waste about 10 clear sisters, but then score 2 goals out of nowhere, he's still god to lotsss

tiki_taka 6 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Yep but then Lukaku can do the same at Madrid, Cavani, Icardi, Suarez.... he is just blessed to bébés part of this squad those talking about rivalry with Messi or best player make me laugh...
Footbalisticaly, he is nowhere near legends of the game...

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Yep but then Lukaku can do the same at Madrid, Cavani, Icardi, Suarez.... he is just blessed to bébés part of this squad.

Madridista11 6 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

@Emobot Miss you buddy. I'm sure you kept this place in order in my absence :D

More seriously, that’s exactly what winds me up, you say the celebration makes him act like the hero of the night. That’s absolutely stupid since he was crap

I don't know about that, @tiki. To me he had a good game for what we had to deal with. He had plenty of chances, assisted a disallowed goal, hustled like no other player for Real and definitely delivered a tough penalty. I don't know from which angle/ perspective you see it from, but from the many conversations we've had you stressed that it's always more than goals.

Footbalisticaly, he is nowhere near legends of the game...

If you're talking about his display over the last 3-4 seasons then I'll be the first to admit that his overall performance has decreased. More specifically the La Decima season which was in my opinion the end of his "peak" (I blame the injury he suffered towards the end of the year).

If you're generalizing his entire career, I have to say this is one of the most biased statements I've read all my life. I don't know what he has to do so people can give him the respect of top 5 all-time AT THE VERY LEAST. It's really unfair to judge his entire career based on the twilight years of his career.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

@Madridista11 Yeah, miss you as well mate. I try hard to keep the place clean and in order like you said but its not too bad most of time, its when match like Barca vs Roma and Juventus vs Real happen that it all goes to hell. :D

@tiki Er, I still think he was the best left winger in his prime and is one of the best goalscorer at the moment. But that my personal opinion. I still take Messi over him in most situation. For me however, the six best player in football are Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Best, Messi and Ronaldo (El Phenomeno very close behind them for me). Like I said though, its how I see it and my opinion don't matter that much however since I lack a lot of experience compared to the rest of you guys. :)

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

It looks like Ramos is set to be banned from the first semi final match seeing he was in the dugout while being suspended. Per UEFA rule any suspended player can't be present in dugout or tunnel/dressing room. Ramos was not only seen in cameras he also had a spat with Alegri. Xabi Alonso was also suspended for a similar offense a few years back.

VAMOSBenfica 6 years ago
15 183

I don't know what he has to do so people can give him the respect of top 5 all-time AT THE VERY LEAST. It's really unfair to judge his entire career based on the twilight years of his career.

You're worrying about a tedentious and irrelevant person's (tiki_taka) opinion. Literally every single impartial football fan, player, coach, pundit today recognize Cristiano Ronaldo as a top five of all time, most top three, quite a lot as the number one. Don't worry about an angry and upset Barcelona fan on Footyroom who shows just how anxious he is by comparing Lukaku, Cavani, Icardi, Suarez to Cristiano Ronaldo. :-)

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11435

@Vamos Er, that nots very nice, Tiki opinion is still sound most of the time, just... don't get him started on Messi and Ronaldo. I mean, technically speaking, its hard for him to be impartial. And if we're being fair, the inverse is also true, some people on FR worship Ronaldo and say some bs like he is the best player at this moment without any comparison (Lilywhite for example). I mean, I wish people just accepted that for once, in this generation, we have two awesome player who will go down in history as some of the very best in the world instead of arguing which one is actually a legend and which one isn't.

Anyway, back on topic, while its true I think CR7 could have had more class in that game, I have to concede Benatia was very smart if not to say a bit vicious with how he dealt with Ronaldo all match long. I gotta say I was impressed with him because for me, Benatia actually did a better job at dealing with him in the away game than either Barzagli and Chiellini in the home game. Too bad he was the one to concede the penality because for me, he could have possibly been motm. Well, alright, that would have propably be Mandzukic but still, you get me, Benatia had a sick game imo.

• History

@Vamos Er, that nots very nice, Tiki opinion is still sound most of the time, just... don't get him started on Messi and Ronaldo. I mean, technically speaking, its hard for him to be impartial. And if we're being fair, the inverse is also true, some people on FR worship Ronaldo and say some bs like he is the best player at this moment without any comparison (Lilywhite for example). I mean, I wish people just accepted that for once, in this generation, we have two awesome player who will go down in history as some of the very best in the world instead of arguing which one is actually a legend and which one isn't good.

Anyway, back on topic, while its true I think CR7 could have had more class in that game, I have to concede Benatia was very smart if not to say a bit vicious with how he dealt with Ronaldo all match long. I gotta say I was impressed with him because for me, Benatia actually did a better job at dealing with him in the away game than either Barzagli and Chiellini in the home game. Too bad he was the one to concede the penality because for me, he could have possibly been motm. Well, alright, that would have propably be Mandzukic but still, you get me, Benatia had a sick game imo.

Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Emo

Stop defending trolls. Absolutely ridiculous that you go out of your way to defend people who intentionally try to rile up the emotions of others by demeaning their favorite teams and players.

Salahadin 6 years ago
Real Madrid, France 11 554

Most mods here suck up to tiki_taka

Angry little kid. Ronaldo had a great game don’t know wtf you are on about. The best team in the history of football won with the best player (after Zidan) in history what you have to say will not change this fact.

I’m going to tellsomething that will piss of but it’s true
People will remember and recognise CR7 as the best to ever play and not messi because that’s how reality is and not what Barca want it Not t be.

Hala Madrid

tuan_jinn 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@Saladin: Im not appreciate what you are saying. Dont f-cking direct that kind of message to mods, or to anyone, @Emo has his way of moding, everyone does. You got me really angry

@Tiki: may be your hate toward Ronaldo is silly. He's defintiely among top 5 best in the history.

@Dyn: As for this game, Tiki isn't the only one who think that. I think that too. From natural fan point of views (I dont say for all). And by the way, Lots of time, I'm in the opposite side of your opinion whenever you praise Ronaldo, or debate between the 2. It's just opinion.

Btw, I never deny Ronaldo or Messi impact. But their fans tends to be clouded, if their idol sucks the whole game and have a few nice touches he is awesome

Ronaldo have so many bad touches in games that he scored 2 goals, totally blew up beautiful sisters, but ALWAYS voted MOTM, Screwed up chances that should have been a goal or should have passed to teammates. Btw, You saw the FR flagging, lots of comments are flagged as soon as it touches Ronaldo, or say the game is unfair.

Now that you are at the topic, and oppose @Emo, I will say what I think to:
Ronaldo was feeded WITH SO MANY chances, he earned it though. But he went down easily and cried for penalty, in my book that's unsupportmanship and totally not man of the match. With 4 of the best mid-players in the world in the back and left back, Ronaldo has much higher chances to expose defend compare to other strikers. So I don't get how WOW is that?. This is not to take away anything from both legends we are watching. Just that if we have to judge, there are different opinions too

• History

@Saladin: Im not appreciate what you are saying. Dont f-cking direct that kind of message to mods, Emo has his way of moding, everyone does. You got me really angry

@Tiki: may be your hate toward Ronaldo is silly. He's defintiely among top 5 best in the history.
@Dyn: As for this game, Tiki isn't the only one who think that. I think that too. From natural fan point of views (I dont say for all)

To me a man of the match is not someone who scream, I never deny his impact. But his fans tends to be clouded, if their idol sucks the whole game and have a few nice touches he is awesome (happens a lot ot Messi)

Ronaldo have so many bad touches in games that he scored 2 goals, totally blew up sisters, but ALWAYS voted MOTM, you saw the flagging, lots of comment is flagged as soon as it touches Ronaldo, or say it's unfair.

Ronaldo was feeded WITH SO MANY chances, he earned it though. But he went down easily and cried for penalty, in my book that's unsupportmanship and totally not man of the match. With 4 of the best mid-players in the world in the back and left back, Ronaldo has much higher chances to expose defend compare to other strikers. So I don't get how WOW is that?. This is not to take away anything from both legends we are watching. Just that if we have to judge, there are different opinions too

@Saladin: Im not appreciate what you are saying. Dont f-cking direct that kind of message to mods, or to anyone, @Emo has his way of moding, everyone does. You got me really angry

@Dyn: As for this game, Tiki isn't the only one who think that. I think that too. From natural fan point of views (I dont say for all)

To me a man of the match is not someone who scream, I never deny his impact. But his fans tends to be clouded, if their idol sucks the whole game and have a few nice touches he is awesome (happens a lot ot Messi)

Ronaldo have so many bad touches in games that he scored 2 goals, totally blew up sisters, but ALWAYS voted MOTM, you saw the flagging, lots of comment is flagged as soon as it touches Ronaldo, or say it's unfair.

@Dyn: As for this game, Tiki isn't the only one who think that. I think that too. From natural fan point of views (I dont say for all). And by the way, Lots of time, I'm in the opposite side of your opinion whenever you praise Ronaldo, or debate between the 2. It's just opinion.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

@Tuan But Dynast is right on a point, its true Tiki tend to go to far and I don't feel like I'm the best one to bring him back on track. I think its should be people like you or Raimondo who are more neutral when it come to tiki who take care modding him.

@Dynast Fair enough, I didn't mean it to make it sound like I encouraged tiki for saying those thing about Ronaldo but I realize now I propably sounded like it. I'm very sorry. I will try to make an effort to better myself.

@Salahadin Your the kind of Real fan who make me respect Dynast, Yvan and Madridista. For you, Real are alway the best team when they win, they never have any weakpoint, Ronaldo never have a bad game even if he doesn't score or barely get the ball. Supporting your team is fair but you don't need to treat it like a religion and feel unfaithful every time you realize or feel your team or player doesn't perform, its ok to be critical or your own team and player.

@tiki Please no more trolling, I understand you don't agree with the ref decision in the game and you think Ronaldo flopped in that game which is fine as a opinion but calling him gay over it is simply provocation for the rest of the Madrid fanbase. Also, please don't call out his fan, thats out-topic.

raimondo90 6 years ago

Aaaaand just like that UEFA clear Ramos to play in the semi finals despite being in the pitch while suspended.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11435

@Raimondo This, this deserve to be discussed way more than CR7 celebrating. What the hell UEFA, why you keep making those decision. I mean, its not really that bad but the fact they switch between their decision depending on the situation is really annoying. If they gave a ban to Xabi for doing the same thing a few year back, why now that its Ramos, it doesn't deserve a ban. Really hard to have faith in UEFA when they do this and when you see the stuff with Roma and Liverpool proposing ticked before the draw.

• History

@Raimondo This, this deserve to be discussed way more than CR7 celebrating. What the hell UEFA, why you keep making those decision. I mean, its not really that bad but the fact they switch between their decision depending on the situation is really annoying. If they gave a ban to Xabi for doing the same thing a few year back, why now that its Ramos, it doesn't deserve a ban. Really hard to have faith in UEFA when they do this and when you see the stuff with Roma and Liverpool.

raimondo90 6 years ago

The whole ticket thing is a pointless debate. The date was May 2nd? That was around the time of round of 16 so they would have predicted that they go through and Roma did so without any controversial decision. Liverpool on the other hand were a bit lucky both ties. Still, not seeing how someone making a ticket mistake leads to blaming UEFA. There's so many things to call them out on, the tickets are not one of them.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

@Raimondo Eh, fair enough, still think its weird but Liverpool might have just been a template they made and it got released by mistake. Many explanation exist, it might even be a fake for all we know.

VAMOSBenfica 6 years ago
15 183

Ronaldo have so many bad touches in games

This is a myth that has developed because neutrals (like it seems you are) tend to take the word of those who scream the highest, exclusively in Ronaldo's case, the sour group of Barcelona fans.

If you actually watch Ronaldo's games you see how good he plays in general. There's a reason why many already consider him the greatest of all time, and it's not just because of his never-before-seen goalscoring on the biggest stages, but also because of his level of play in every other aspect of the game. When to hold off play, when to pass simple, when to go for a run and stirr up opposition's defense, when to play a through ball or run down flanks etc.

Like Salahadin said, he played great, and was Madrid's best player in not just the first game vs Juve, but also arguably in the second. He was dangerous every time he had the ball, as per usual, and gave Isco among others some great opportunities to put the tie to bed. tuan_jinn saying "Ronaldo was feeded with so many chances" goes to show how you didn't watch the game, and how easily influenced some are by the howls of bitter Barcelona fans.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Regardless of what happened in the game, no matter what team you support, that comeback that was nearly pulled off by Juventus was nearly legendary. To think they would attack Madrid so much at their own turf, tremendous. Even without Ramos, that's not easy.

Bale is finished, he has nowhere to play at RM. They are much better with Isco on the team. They sold James Rodriguez, they can sell Bale too. His salary is very high.

Ronaldo was also not MOTM. I'm sorry, but you've got to be really stupid to think he was MOTM. On this game, nearly every Juventus player and maybe even Madrid player was better than him. Mandzukic with 2 goals, Benatia with good defending, Buffon pulled off some great saves, Douglas Costa was amazing. I admit I didn't really rate him after his second season at BM, but he is just a talent. Not to mention others like Khedira Matuidi... Now go look at FR highlight, he has 72% for MOTM. For what exactly? Motivating the team? That's not his job, that's manager job. That's perhaps the only good thing he done aside the PK. CL isn't about diving, bitching, asking other players to get yellow cards, you name it. However, he is surely legend for football, for United, and for Madrid. It's true to say he has better team, but once upon a time Messi too had better team.

As for PK, honestly it's 50 50, depends on referee at the end of the day. Many circumstances would lead to a PK, likewise many would not. Many examples to give. It's rather soft though at 93rd minute. But I don't think sending off Buffon was necessary. As for the 'push' honestly I don't see any. I don't know if it was bad camera or something, but I really don't see Buffon push or touch referee.

Yvan21 6 years ago
0 440

They didn't suspend Ramos because he never stepped on the pitch.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

I know, lets just have a vote and lets the results speak for themselve. How was Ronaldo in the second legs against Juventus: