Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Real Madrid v Juventus (3-0 agg) (2nd Leg, 1/4th finals of CL 17/18)
Amerr30 6 years ago
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

Who's going to watch this game?

Who wants to watch this game but can't? Perhaps I can help if you live in the States, as I have a Xfinity (Comcast) subscription with FS1 included, I could give you a login to watch it online live. But I'll only do it for those who are established members and and are trustworthy.

Anyway,

discuss.

Comments
tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

A penalty was expected after Real's countless dives in the box, sooner or later you will get one.

@pupper I was expecting the same, but at 93th ? Sorry for Juve fans, players and institution...

They at least deserve that the helped team keep quiet and not celebrate like it was goal of the season...

tiki_taka 6 years ago

Respect to dynast, classy comment, ref is to be blamed not Madrid.
Couldn’t expect more from Amerr really, bye Juve, classless as usual.

Pupper 6 years ago
Juventus 0 214

I was expecting the same, but at 93th ?

I was just expecting the match would end in Real's favor in the end with no overtime. It's just so typical Real Madrid and Juventus at the same time. In CL we are for the most part never lucky, at least not with the refs.

The penalty was probably somewhere around a 50/50 or something, but Juve would never have gotten that penalty if the tables were turned. Just so frustrating to lose to a soft penalty call right before overtime, when the opposition have been trying to cheat themselves to several penalties throughout the match.

tiki_taka 6 years ago

Not even 50-50, in a CL quarterfinal at 93th, deciding 2 legs goal, soft calls are never awarded not even handballs or soft contacts. None should decide that kind of ties unless it’s a blatant foul with a clear contact.
Ref had no BALLS on this, who is this Michael Oliver ? An English ref ?

And I’m 100% agreeing with you, the opposite way would have never been whistled...

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

Having Dynast, Yvan21 and Madridista on a thread at the same time: enter image description here

I miss you guys so much I swear, please drop by more often on the forum. :(

Anyway, I agree with what a lot said, it was a dissapointing ending to the game, especially considering how Real had played beautifull football at Turin. Glad that Juventus came fighting, they really showed their class. They shouldn't have stopped putting pressure because the game was them to win in the end but its hard to go all the way in situation like that. Still think both team showed incredible thing over both legs and I will only try to remember the best from it all. Ronaldo beautifull bycicle kick in first leg and Juventus fighting spirit in the second.

Amerr30 6 years ago Edited

@SunFlash: Among all these supposed footballistas, you seem to be the only one saying the truth.

You couldn't imagine my disappointment reading these comments here. No, I will not go into a discussion with anyone to try to understand where the bias or the flaw comes from, or what has influenced it. It feels like a pointless undertaking.

If Benatia didn't completely jump on his back with his knee, we would have had Vazquez scoring the goal and ending the game as well as Juve's chances. There's absolutely NOTHING he can do except faul/bring down Vazquez - from Benatia's perspective.

He did the only thing he could do, bring him down, stop him by any means necessary and than hope for the best. Hope the ref doesn't see it, maybe you'll get lucky. You just did the impossible, scored 3 when everyone thought you were out.

Listen to Buffon's comments, that's exactly their mind state. He's arguing that the ref shouldn't have called the penalty because he'd be 'killing dreams'. Because it's not nice. Seriously? Lost a lot of respect for him there.

The ref is there to punish/award when teams step over the line. It's their job to make the right call, not the 'nice call'.

I really hate the fact that Benatia did that. If he hadn't, it would've been a goal for sure and not a single Juve fan (and these people here.. ) would be talking about an unfair call. Because by now, that is all of whom I've seen saying it was a dubious call. Juventus fans. Not a single respected critic, commentator, or anyone respected that is involved with football. Nobody.

When the alarming majority completely agrees like that, there's no arguing.

Anyway, I hope this serves as a lesson for Real, not to lower their intensity, not for any reason or any length of time. If they do they, surely they'll win the CL.

Bayern Munich is the only team left that could trouble Real Madrid but I think Real is the clear favorite at this point to win the third consecutive CL title. Haters? Eat your hearts out.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@SunFlash: Among all these supposed footballistas, you seem to be the only one saying the truth.

You couldn't imagine my disappointment reading these comments here. No, I will not go into a discussion with anyone to try to understand where the bias or the flaw comes from, or what has influenced it. It feels like a pointless undertaking.

If Benatia didn't completely jump on his back with his knee, we would have had Vazquez scoring the goal and ending the game as well as Juve's chances. There's absolutely NOTHING he can do except faul/bring down Vazquez - from Benatia's perspective.

He did the only thing he could do, bring him down, stop him by any means necessary and than hope for the best. Hope the ref doesn't see it, maybe you'll get lucky. You just did the impossible, scored 3 when everyone thought you were out.

Listen to Buffon's comments, that's exactly their mind state. He's arguing that the ref shouldn't have called the penalty because he'd be 'killing dreams'. Because it's not nice. Seriously? Lost a lot of respect for him there.

The ref is there to punish/award when teams step over the line. It's their job to make the right call, not the 'nice call'.

I really hate the fact that Benatia did that. If he hadn't, it would've been a goal for sure and not a single Juve fan (and these people here.. ) would be talking about an unfair call. Because by now, that is all of whom I've seen saying it was a dubious call. Juventus fans. Not a single respected critic, commentator, or anyone respected that is involved with football. Nobody.

When the alarming majority completely agrees like that, there's no arguing.

Amerr30 6 years ago Edited

Respect what? The fact that they belligerently brought down a player about to score, and then argued with the ref for 10 straight minutes?.. With CR waiting to take the penalty.

For 10 minutes, walking around him, trying to psyche him out, make him miss the kick.

I have always had the highest respect for Juventus. I always will.

But what they did there, doing everything/anything possible and illegal or unethical to stop a goal.

I can't respect that.

They completely covered their amazing comeback with literal shit. No, man.

If you want to talk about classless, that is where that conversation should be.

• History

Respect what? The fact that they belligerently brought down a player about to score, and then argued with the ref for 10 straight minutes?.. With CR waiting to take the penalty.

For 10 minutes, walking around him, trying to psyche him out, make him miss the kick.

I have always had the highest respect for Juventus. I always will.

But what they did there, doing everything/anything possible and illegal or unethical to stop a goal.

I can't respect that.

They completely covered their amazing comeback with literal shit. No, man.

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

With CR waiting to take the penalty.

wish mr. CR didn't get such a special attention from the referees, could have been easily booked twice for diving. Wasn't booked even once, because it's CR.

tiki_taka 6 years ago

More like waiting to get this dumb celebration after totally being crap, moaning and diving whole game... got applause from rival team deservedly, one week later act like a douchebag what he usually does couple of times a season... then get voted motm by his cheerleaders in highlight section. He and Madrid deserve to end up trophyless, hope Bayern are next.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I don't get why everyone is so overhyped Ronaldo in this game, same with Messi fans... they are clouded by their idol. Same with Barca's game, Messi didn't do much and his fans manage to say he was the only spark of Barca...

Ronaldo had LOTS OF spaces from time to time, should have seized it a lotttt more. With Isco, Modric, Kroos, Marcelo, and all are NOT underperformed. Of course the striker will be the thread. because almost all attacking balls would be to serve the striker. He managed to ruin about 3 chances by diving, should have seen at least 1 yellow.

Back to the topic, both teams deserve to go through if you compare them to Barca.

But really, the ref needs to be more consistent.

@Amer: are you a bully in real life... just a question. Can you take the opposite opinion without bashing anyone? :D

• History

I don't get why everyone is so overhyped Ronaldo in this game, same with Messi fans... they are clouded by their idol. Same with Barca's game, Messi didn't do much and his fans manage to say he was the only spark of Barca...

Ronaldo had LOTS OF spaces from time to time, should have seized it a lotttt more. With Isco, Modric, Kroos, Marcelo, and all are NOT underperformed. Of course the striker will be the thread. because almost all attacking balls would be to serve the striker. He managed to ruin about 3 chances by diving, should have seen at least 1 yellow.

Back to the topic, both teams deserve to go through if you compare them to Barca.

But really, the ref needs to be more consistent

Salahadin 6 years ago
Real Madrid, France 11 554

Haha Barca fans so mad.

Great game and ofc it’s a pen. Hats off to juve great champions lost to a better team. They game is 180min not 90 over the whole game Real was slightly better.

For the haters don’t even bother, they are Barca fans wearing juve jersey. Let the kings of Spain show you how to win this competition for a third time in a row with the best player in history who doesn’t let his team down when it matters mr CR7.

Hala Madrid hala Madrid
Hala Zidan

Yvan21 6 years ago
0 440

@Emobot enter image description here

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11435

@Yvan21

Man, I sure miss you guys! Please drop on the forum more often if you have time! :D

@Amerr30

I disagree with you, yeah, making fault aren't good but in the heat of the moment, after 90 min of game its happen to any player to make mistake of judgement, you can't the whole of Juve and say they lacked class just because Benatia made a single mistake like that. Yes, its alright as a fan to be glad your team won in the end but there is nothing wrong in expriming respect for your opponent especially if they played well most of the game (which they did until they scored the third goal imo) and regret for other great player like Buffon who will never get a shot at winning CL ever again.

• History

@Yvan21

Man, I sure miss you guys! Please drop on the foru more often if you have time! :D

@Amerr30

I disagree with you, yeah, making fault aren't good but in the heat of the moment, after 90 min of game its happen to any player to make mistake of judgement, you can't the whole of Juve and say they lacked class just because Benatia made a single mistake like that. Yes, its alright as a fan to be glad your team won in the end but there is nothing wrong in expriming respect for your opponent especially if they played well most of the game (which they did until they scored the third goal imo) and regret for other great player like Buffon who will never get a shot at winning CL ever again.

SoccerBoss 6 years ago
Barcelona, Russia 34 804

Yeah, a stupid mistake by an experienced Benatia could've been prevented, or Buffon could've ran out and grabbed the ball instead of waiting for Vazquez's header etc etc, but it's football. I just couldn't believe it when Ronaldo took off his shirt after scoring the penalty. Literally the stupidest thing I have seen all year and it's only April. After a whole game of diving and moaning to the ref, finally, a moment came for Ronaldo to do what he does best - penalties. But why on earth would he take your shirt off? He scored against a second string goalkeeper in his own stadium in front of thousands of his fans, so why take off his shirt like he was the x-factor of something. Madrid pulled a Barça in terms of gameplay, at least in terms of goals against them, but in reality they once again were lucky. Vazquez was already flying in the air, but whatever, football is football, and life will go on. Just sad for Buffon, always gets close to the trophy but never there.

Yvan21 6 years ago
0 440

The reason CR takes his shirt off is because he knows he's gonna piss off Barca fans

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

@Yvan21 For me. thats part of him, in his mind, Ronaldo is the best player ever winning whole games for his team (or at least, playing key part in games) which isn't completely false. He might see himself as Real hero and for good reason, without him, Real are way less lethal and dangerous. Even if its technically against a poor keeper and its a penality which isn't hard for him, the situation still serve to make him the hero and with his confidence in himself and his ego, of course he gonna make the most of it. Its excite the fan, making him look like the righteous and glorious hero of the day and piss the opposition off. At the end of the day, you might not alway agree with his mentality but its thanks to his self-confidence that he managed to become one of the best player in the world and for that, CR7 got all my respect. Not doubting yourselve despite the haters and the drop in form is incredibly hard at time but its because he has that mental fortitude that he manage to be so good.

tiki_taka 6 years ago

it excites the fan.

Considering his fanbase, I’m sure it does :p literally, it’s unrelated to Football, these gay celebrations won’t change the fact he had a poor game even if he goes naked.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

@tiki Oh, come on Tiki, you know thats not what I meant. You made me smile with your comment as well, you're making me a worse person than I am, you should be ashamed. :P

tiki_taka 6 years ago

You gave me the opportunity to :p
More seriously, that’s exactly what winds me up, you say the celebration makes him act like the hero of the night. That’s absolutely stupid since he was crap, he thinks we are stupid enough to judge his performance on celebration ? Well he is partly right he knows what his fanbase is made of. Last time he did it was vs Atletico in a pk scoring 4th goal against exhausted 10 men in extra time.

Flop in a big game ? It’s okay I need just to put my shirt off and make headlines because it works...
That’s exactly what I hate on the guy, he is not supposed to steal the spotlight when he flops, it’s like diving for PK once he struggles to score. And you cannot turn this into a quality... just NO.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

@Tiki_taka Player who play beast in 100% of a season don't exist anymore, I agree I wouldn't celebrate like that if I had a poor game but at the end of the day, he scored the winning goal. So in his sense, that make him the hero. And to be fair, he did show more respect at the away game where he played much better.