Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

January Transfer Window
joethedrumma 9 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Switzerland 3 881

January is approaching really fast, which doesn't mean anything to many people but if you're a football enthusiast like I am, it means: TRANSFERS!
We've been "blessed" with countless rumors day in and day out. But who do you guys think your clubs will sign? Which players do you want to see at your club? Are Man Utd going to splash the cash yet again on Hummels, Strootman and Bale? Is Reus joining Real Madrid for sure? Go ahead and keep the discussions going during the transfer window as well if you want!

PS: Stay on topic :D

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

January is approaching really fast, which doesn't mean anything to many people but if you're a football enthusiast like I am it means: TRANSFERS!
We've been "blessed" with countless rumors day in and day out. But who do you guys think your clubs will sign? Which players do you want to see at your club? Are Man Utd going to splash the cash yet again with Hummels, Strootman and Bale? Is Reus joining Man Utd for sure? Go ahead and keep the discussions going during the transfer window as well if you want!

January is approaching really fast, which doesn't mean anything to many people but if you're a football enthusiast like I am it means: TRANSFERS!
We've been "blessed" with countless rumors day in and day out. But who do you guys think your clubs will sign? Which players do you want to see at your club? Are Man Utd going to splash the cash yet again with Hummels, Strootman and Bale? Is Reus joining Real Madrid for sure? Go ahead and keep the discussions going during the transfer window as well if you want!

Comments
ArsenalGunners 9 years ago
Arsenal, England 37 1662

It had to be an Arsenal fan making a ' January transfer window ' thread :D. I know why because our team has millions of holes to be covered like in DM, CB And someone fuckin better than monreal.

joethedrumma 9 years ago

Haha yeah :D Well it seems like Schneiderlin could move to the Emirates. I think he's pretty good, definitely better than Flamini. I don't know if Wenger will buy a CDM AND a CB... But Schär would be nice. Or Varane, although I bet Madrid will demand a large fee for him. And I think we can forget about Hummels... any other team will outbid us.

JackSparrow 9 years ago
Real Madrid, Spain 0 85

Well tbh I don't think we need Reus. It'd be pretty cool to have him, but on the other hand that'd mean that a first team player will be dropped. I definitely don't want Bale to leave. We smashed the transfer record for him, so we don't want to give him up after just 1 1/2 seasons. And as for Varane, no way dude, I want to keep him! I know he's frustrated right now but he'll get his turn soon enough.

CroatiaFan123 9 years ago
Arsenal, Croatia 66 2775

I want only GOOD DEFENDER!

JuanMata10 9 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

Busquets is linked to Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal. Would be a great signing for Arsenal, but I doubt he'll leave.

RealMadrid17 9 years ago
Real Madrid 20 755

For me, being a Real fan, I don't think we need anyone crucially, all arre positions are pretty covered thanks to the versatility of other players. It would be interesting to get Reus, because he is simply a great player overall, but if that happens, it will probably happen in July/August transfer window. Kramer, from Bayer Leverkusen (Loaned at Borussia M.) just renewed his contract with Bayer, so the possible transfer to Madrid/Arsenal will most likely not be happening. Manchester United have been linked with Hummels, which in my opinion would simply be one of the signings of the transfer window, and EXACTLY what Man U need in defense. Now taking into account that Dortmund are 17th in the Bundesliga (second to last) it wouldn't be crazy that a world class defender like Hummels, would look to play elsewhere, as Dortmund will probably wont play Champions League next year. Both Schneiderlin (southampton) and Lars Bender (Bayer Leverkusen) have been linked with Arsenal, both are very balanced defensive midfielders and any of them would be a great signing for the Gunners.

CroatiaFan123 9 years ago
Arsenal, Croatia 66 2775

Possible bombs:

Leo Messi > Manchester City
Gareth Bale > Manchester United
Eden Hazard / Marco Reus / Raheem Sterling > Real Madrid
Rakitic > City / United
Ochoa / Cech> Liverpool
David De Gea > Real Madrid
Jackson Martinez > Tottenham
Adnan Januzaj > Real Sociedad (David Moyes)

And one menager SUPERBOMB:

Jose Mourinho > Barcelona. (I will post tread for whole story on Thursday!)

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Wenger in Janury "We have Diaby back, it's like a new signing"

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Banned from transfers, lacking depth in defense, usual problem lately thanks to Zubizareta's management.

liverpollfcangryfan 9 years ago
Liverpool 41 419

two good stikers like jackson martenz Gonzalo Higuaín a defence midfield goalkeeper and defencers wish we can finish in the top 4

joethedrumma 9 years ago Edited

@quikzyyy Diaby is actually a really decent player, the only problem is that he is made out of glass. The poor guy constantly get's injured and I doubt that will change. If Wenger thinks he's like a "new signing", that'd be incredibly foolish...

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@quikzyyy Diaby is actually a really decent player, the only problem is that he is made out of glass. The poor guy constantly get's injured and I doubt that will change. If Wenger thinks he's like a "new signing", that is incredibly foolish...

NovaRuk 9 years ago
Real Madrid/Barcelona, Malaysia 17 741

Everton demanding £60m from Manchester City for Ross Barkley. It's old but could be possible.

Jimbet 9 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

^ like always. ridiculous price tags for english players. will wenger spend? im out of words. :( rumours. rumours all the till the end.

Marcus2011 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@liverpollfcangryfan

There are at least 5 players that Liverpool needs .

@Arsenalfans

I honestly not sure why Arsenal would settle for another weak and small defensive midfielder ? LOL I am starting to get frustrated with Arsenal transfers lol I am not even Arsenal fan lol , but that is how frustrating it is to watch your transfers .

If I was Wenger I would go for Christoph Kramer and Grzegorz Krychowiak . Although Kramer did sign extension so it is probably off the table . Or buy out favor , Sami Khedira .

In Defense I would Have got Benedikt Howedes mainly due to his versalite as a player who can play center back and right back . He is also very good commander in defense , smart and quick .

@chelseafans

We don't need anyone , only maybe Reus , but Schurrle looks like regaining his form ( probably read all the rumors and started to work hard ) .

I really like that boy from Leverkusen , Hakan Calhanoglu . His sniper like shooting ability from outside of the box arguably is best in the last few months . He also very creative , fast and agile midfielder .

Would probably add defender , but Idk I want to trust the youngsters we have at disposal . Very stable area and the same time one injury away from having small crisis .

Eden17Hazard17 9 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Yep, been amazed by Calhanoglu ever since the end of last season when we were after him. Could do a triple raid on Leverkusen as Bellarabi is on fire and Brandt has potential.

But first we need a defensive CDM instead of Mikel : so someone cheap like Khedira, or we could just bid for Pogba next season.

A CB for when Terry leaves : Varane would be ideal and Zouma could jump in ahead of Cahill if he proves his worth, but we don't need that in January.

I still believe Schurlle > Willian and we could offload Willian or Salah to bring in Reus who scores and assists way more than Willian.

As we don't really need anyone urgently, I wouldn't mind spending 10 - 15m on youngsters such as Filipe Malcom, Martin Odegaard, Allan Saint Maximin, Goncalo Guedes, Youri Tielemans and loan them out.

Marcus2011 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Whoah that is quiet a shopping a bag you got there @eden17

Pogba will come in Summer . We must get him if we have a chance .Varane would have been great but I think he likes to play for Madrid ( well who would not ) and Looks like his patience will pay off next year , because Pepe is not getting any younger .

Willian is great rotation player who does not complain when benched . He just works hard .

I really really like Hakan Callhanoglu but then where will we fit him ?

TheGame 9 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

Strootman's agent has claimed that United will take him in January for 40 mil euros. This is starting to sound less and less of just a rumor.

JuanMata10 9 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

@Marcus: While Calhanoglu might be an exciting talent, he's a massive twat. I don't know if you've heard about it, but he forced his move from Hamburg to Leverkusen by faking an illness/injury. He didn't attend training sessions and even changed his cell phone number, so that the HSV officials were unable to contact him. Then he signed with Leverkusen and suddenly he was fit again and began to train. Later he even said that he won't stay long at Leverkusen, because the club isn't good enough for him.

Eden17Hazard17 9 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

@Juan
Yeah I heard all that, but half of that it rubbish from HSV fans and fans from clubs that were also after him. He has changed though and you can't be too harsh against him for pushing through a deal from HSV, to the amazing Leverkusen. He is incredibly talented too, only 20 as well, I even signed him in my soccer manager game.

@Marcus
Yeah we already have trouble fitting in players like Salah, and we also have Thorn Hazard, Marco VG etc out on loan.
I guess we may lona him back if we sign him, until he fights against Oscar for a spot.

I kinda want to change our formation to a 4-1-2-3 when we have possession.

Courtois
Azpi Cahill Terry Ivanovic
Matic
Fabregas Oscar
Schurlle Costa Hazard

This way Ramires and Fab will be more attackive which they naturally are. If Pogba will join in the summer, then we should wait for it, otherwise move quickly for someone else. I must say if we buy him we should target Khedira. The only reason we play Mikel ahead of Ramires, is for his defensive abilities, something Khedira has swell as the ability to attack.

NovaRuk 9 years ago
Real Madrid/Barcelona, Malaysia 17 741

Guys, how about make this thread sticky until the end of the January transfer window? It will make things easier for other users to view this thread.