Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

January Transfer Window
joethedrumma 9 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Switzerland 3 881

January is approaching really fast, which doesn't mean anything to many people but if you're a football enthusiast like I am, it means: TRANSFERS!
We've been "blessed" with countless rumors day in and day out. But who do you guys think your clubs will sign? Which players do you want to see at your club? Are Man Utd going to splash the cash yet again on Hummels, Strootman and Bale? Is Reus joining Real Madrid for sure? Go ahead and keep the discussions going during the transfer window as well if you want!

PS: Stay on topic :D

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

January is approaching really fast, which doesn't mean anything to many people but if you're a football enthusiast like I am it means: TRANSFERS!
We've been "blessed" with countless rumors day in and day out. But who do you guys think your clubs will sign? Which players do you want to see at your club? Are Man Utd going to splash the cash yet again with Hummels, Strootman and Bale? Is Reus joining Man Utd for sure? Go ahead and keep the discussions going during the transfer window as well if you want!

January is approaching really fast, which doesn't mean anything to many people but if you're a football enthusiast like I am it means: TRANSFERS!
We've been "blessed" with countless rumors day in and day out. But who do you guys think your clubs will sign? Which players do you want to see at your club? Are Man Utd going to splash the cash yet again with Hummels, Strootman and Bale? Is Reus joining Real Madrid for sure? Go ahead and keep the discussions going during the transfer window as well if you want!

Comments
JuanMata10 9 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

@Eden: uhm, no, that's definitely not made up by HSV fans. Calhanoglu blamed HSVs sporting director Kreuzer, because apparently they had an oral agreement, but can Calhanoglu prove it? He can't. On the contrary, it's a fact that he didn't attend training sessions. Nowadays a lot of training sessions are accessible to reporters and no one could find him. Wanting to change clubs is one thing, but forcing it through like Calhanoglu is another story. Don't want anyone at Chelsea who has such a big ego, although he hasn't even won anything at all.

Eden17Hazard17 9 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Where will Lacazette end up....

17 goals and 5 assists in 19 games.... he's making Zlatan look bad.

Marcus2011 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@juanmata

Egos are everywhere . Our veteran players got their managers sacked on so many occasions that i lost count and forced our club to raise their wages that it got them labeled as "greedy" . ( Only Di Matteo and Ancelotti were probably ones who was sacked purely by Abramovich ) . Things like that happen , sometimes news reflect exact reality of what happened and sometimes it is taken out of context .

Clubs are also guilty of treating players as a property or a slave . So, if football club can allow themselves to threat a player as property then why should not player respond with a same "kindness" ? Not to say it was the case between Calhanoglu and HSV but do we know details of the incident other than what news reported ?

I totally understand , why Calhanoglu wanted to leave to Bayer . It is obviously for CL . And then he will leave to another club , Obviously , to a better club than Leverkussen , that will give him CL and titles .

Those days are gone when a player was loyal for some crappy club , in a crappy league ( Not saying about Bundesliga ) won crappy titles then went to be remembered as legend . You have to prove yourself in top league and top team . Calhanoglu knows it . He knows he will be good enough and he is already thinking about his career in top club . Normal.

@eden17

He is a special player . He is already looks as mature professional . We can't loan back such a player and he won't allow us to that to him in the first place . He will crave first team action in a top club .

• History

@juanmata

Egos are everywhere . Our veteran players got their managers sacked on so many occasions that i lost count and forced our club to raise their wages that it got them labeled greedy . ( Only Di Matteo and Ancelotti were probably ones who was sacked purely by Abramovich ) . Things like that happen , sometimes news reflect exact reality of what happened and sometimes it is taken out of context .

Clubs are also guilty of treating players as a property or a slave . So, if football club can allow themselves to threat a player as property then why should not player respond with a same "kindness" ? Not to say it was the case between Calhanoglu and HSV but do we know details of the incident other than what news reported ?

I totally understand , why Calhanoglu wanted to leave to Bayer . It is obviously for CL . And then he will leave to another club , Obviously , to a better club than Leverkussen , that will give him CL and titles .

Those days are gone when a player was loyal for some crappy club , in a crappy league ( Not saying about Bundesliga ) won crappy titles then went to be remembered as legend . You have to prove yourself in top league and top team . Calhanoglu knows it . He knows he will be good enough and he is already thinking about his career in top club . Normal.

@eden17

He is a special player . He is already looks as mature professional . We can't loan back such a player and he won't allow us to that to him in the first place . He will crave first team action in a top club .

JuanMata10 9 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

@Marcus: Yeah, but the difference is that our veteran players were successfull and already legends in the making, whereas Calhanoglu has done nothing so far in order to justify his big ego. Thinking about having a great career in a top club is normal, but expressing it with the words "I'm gonna leave Leverkusen in 2 years, because they are not good enough for me" is a cunt thing to do in my opinion.

Eden17Hazard17 9 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

If he keeps playing the way he does, I don't think Schmidt is going to care about what he says

shpalman 9 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

official: AC Milan and Atletico Madrid agreed for a loan swap between Torres and Cerci.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Shpalman

Cerci has been very poor this season. He won't be too much better than Torres.

shpalman 9 years ago Edited
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

@Dynastian
anyone can do better than Torres.

no but seriously, Honda (right wing) will be away with his NT, Cerci will be very useful to replace him as he's left-footed and the kind of player Inzaghi wants in that position (right wing). usually when a player joins a new league needs a bit of time to adapt, when starting regularly. Cerci got very little playtime at Atleti, so what you saw is not really indicative of the actual player capabilities. i just hope he'll fill the hole with dignity.

• History

@Dynastiananyone can do better than Torres.

no but seriously, Honda (right wing) will be away with his NT, Cerci will be very useful to replace him as he's left-footed and the kind of player Inzaghi wants in that position (right wing). usually when a player joins a new league needs a bit of time to adapt, when starting regularly. Cerci got very little playtime at Atleti, so what you saw is not really indicative of the actual player capabilities. i just hope he'll fill the hole with dignity.

decentK 9 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

OUT:

Nacho - Gibbs is always injured, and Nacho is not good enough against the likes of City, Liverpool etc.
Campbell (loan)
Rosicky (loan)
Gnabry (loan)
Sanogo (loan)

IN:

LB - I'd probably go for Cresswell or De Sciglio.
CB(1) - I'd go for Javi Martinez, can also provide cover for CDM, if the main CDM's injured against big club. Hummels would be another option for me.
CB(2) - Nastasic is there for the taking. Also Varane would be perfect, but I HIGHLY doubt RMA would sell him.
CDM - I'd go for technical, but more importantly - big player. William Carvalho or Kondogbia would be the man.

All the other spots are pretty much covered, though Giroud & Welbeck need to be more consistent. Arsenal have dozens of wingers, just would love to see Theo Walcott to be fit rather than injured.. :/ same with Özil, Arsenal need so much his playmaking.

The funny thing is that this transfer thing shouldn't be on my, or any other fan's hands. Wenger SHOULD know what to do, because he's GETTING PAID to do the job. It's so damn obvious that we need CDMs and CBs but for some reason he doesn't seem to. Hopefully he makes the right moves..........

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

You know what is Wenger doing in Januaries transfer windows, saying no players are available and then other big club do some good business. But both Javi Martinez and Hummels, damn, could be good dream! Just it won't be someone for loan like last year Kallstrom.

seymorebutts_66 9 years ago
Bayern Munich, Germany 10 422

SET TO SIGN: Arsenal are on the verge of landing Krystian Bielik from Legia Warsaw

Marcus2011 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Great peace of Business from Wenger buying a young player for the future when top quality needed now .

seymorebutts_66 9 years ago Edited

^16 yr old, as they need a future

• History

Here's another deal going around. AC Milan have now bought Torres and will be on loan to Atletico Madrid in turn Alessio Cerci from Atletico will be on loan to AC Milan.

Here's another deal going around. AC Milan have now bought Torres and will be loaned to Atletico Madrid in turn Alessio Cerci from Atletico will be on loan to AC Milan.

decentK 9 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

@seymore are u sure he's coming? big cdm for future would be nice, IF he's any good in future.

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Tomorrow Barça will hear the deliberation of the ban appeal, Fingers crossed...

seymorebutts_66 9 years ago

@decent, only going from what I read on the internet. Who knows what sources you can trust these days. If only anyone knows what Wenger is trying to do.

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Barça officially banned from both 2015 transfer windows.

Reus will probably go to Madrid now, After Isco and Kroos, its very likely that things would happen like this :

At the start i fellt something like this :

Madrid fans should be like :

But i hope players will be motivated despite Fifa and Spanish sanctions since Cataluna claimed their independance backed by Barça, hoping Vermaelen recovers and help a little or Bartra stepping up and Piqué getting his old form back, then Barça can compete in Europe and get their confidence back :

And the X-factor Messi would do the rest :

Beautiful story, but very unlikely specially for Piqué's case :), okay he did well lately defending and scoring, but i still remember his slowing down when there was no competition in his position, when Barça needed him most.
In a healthy Laporta management he would have been off-loaded for not giving his best in such a club, but lets say now that we need him, able of miracles and the worst at the same time AKA David Luiz...

Salahadin 9 years ago
Real Madrid, France 11 554

Actually as a Madrid fan and i speak for some fans at least, we wouldn't give a flying fu*k about barcas transfer ban, even if we had one stored since 1969. This doesn't mean much as you have some really good talent in the B team.
An with Barcas mentality i'm sure it will be fine.

And if this turns to be really bad it will make La liga very boring for me. The intense rivalry is what makes both clubs do so well.

´