Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

CL Final 2018: Real Madrid - Liverpool
Amerr30 6 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

It is the the big one. The biggest game of the season is upon us.

The game starts in a mere 67 minutes from the time of writing.

And there's no thread for this game, what?

Is this place dead or is this the anti-madrid sentiment at work? With an English team in the final, you'd think...

Anyway, I wish both teams the best.

Majority of people, as per usual, have voiced their predictions on various platforms that it'll be Liverpool who's going to win it. Same as last year with Juve, or the year before. This, despite the fact that all around Liverpool is weaker than PSG, weaker than Juve, and weaker than Bayern. All teams we've dispatched this season.

Let it be the third in a season.

Will it be 3??

This Real team is already an era defining team, if you ask me. 4th final in 5 years, 3 of those already won. 100 percent success rate so far. It underlines my previous exclamation that Real Madrid do not play finals, they win them.

Good luck to both teams!

As always, may the best win! I hope the better team wins, really don't want the refs to decide the game - either in a win or loss. I want a fair, open game. With plenty of goals hopefully (against Liverpool :P)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

It is the the big one. The biggest game of the season is upon us.

The game starts in a mere 67 minutes from the time of writing.

And there's no thread for this game, what?

Is this place dead or is this the anti-madrid sentiment at work. With an English team in the final, you'd think...

Anyway, I wish both teams the best.

Majority of people, as per usual, have voiced their predictions on various platforms that it'll be Liverpool who's going to win it. Same as last year with Juve, or the year before. This, despite the fact that all around Liverpool is weaker than PSG, weaker than Juve, and weaker than Bayern. All teams we've dispatched this season.

Let it be the third in a season.

Will it be 3??

This Real team is already an era defining team, if you ask me. 4th final in 5 years, 3 of those already won. 100 percent success rate so far. It underlines my previous exclamation that Real Madrid does not play finals, they win them.

Good luck to both teams!

As always, may the best win! I hope the better teams wins, really don't want the refs to decide the game - either in a win or loss. I want a fair, open game. With plenty goals hopefully.

Comments
quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Ramos is not that capable nor evil, he could never had plan to inflict injury in such a way to another player, it was just a bad fall to the ground.

yeah.. Real Madrid's Sergio Ramos breaks La Liga red card record.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

@tiki I was agreeing with rayrex by saying you didn't like the guy, I didn't say you were wrong though, just that the way you were saying was clearly personal, chill out. And yeah, I'm going to concede I'm not alway constant with what I'm saying but that because I sometime got very little confidence in my own opinion. I concede I tend to be a little bit to easily convinced. Sorry. :(

By the way, I did said that before Yvan comment:

I agree its a bit of a dick move from CR7 though to put his fanbase through the wait for no reason. If he is going to say something in a week, freaking say it in a week, there ain't need to warn the fans like that and worry them.

So yeah, I agreed with you about the fact it wasn't a good move from him from the start.

@Yvan Yeah, thats actually really how it was for me, sorry again if it made me sound like an hypocrite, wasn't my intention.

• History

@tiki I was agreeing with rayrex by saying you didn't like the guy, I didn't say you were wrong though, just that the way you were saying was clearly personal, chill out. And yeah, I'm going to concede I'm not alway constant with what I'm saying but that because I sometime got very little confidence in my own opinion. I concede I tend to be a little bit to easily convinced. Sorry. :(

By the way, I did said that before Yvan comment:

I agree its a bit of a dick move from CR7 though to put his fanbase through the wait for no reason. If he is going to say something in a week, freaking say it in a week, there ain't need to warn the fans like that and worry them.

So yeah, I agreed with you about the fact it wasn't a good move from him from the start.

rayrex7 6 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

you did nothing wrong @emo, its just a miscommunication between u and tiki.

Plus @tiki, we know Ronaldo is an arrogant bastard, no surprise here, but why tf do u have to bring it up, like literally from everyone it had to be you?? Ronaldo was inexistent in the final, period. No need to bring up what he said after the game, plus its not your concern, its our, as Real Madrid fan's concern. You think that he did that on purpose to get a bit of limelight? Guess what, its working, especially on people like you. No need to think about what he said. If anyone tries to hog all the light, then just ignore him, what you are doing now is what he wants, just let the man say what he says, he didnt harm any non-madrid fans.

Like seriously, The topic was about Salah's injury and you took your shot against Ronaldo, mature thinking bro. I know you hate the man's gut, but no need to express it here.

Back to the topic, i also agree with @sun and @tiki, this topic wouldn't have happened if it was the other way around or like Lovern against ronaldo. Plus Salah went up against Ramos as if he is playing Marco Polo. Ramos took advantage of Salah's arm who locked with his and just pushed him to the ground. Its not a foul, its a clean tackle and very professional if you ask me. All the past -2008 defenders did this. Players like Messi, Neymar and Hazard deal with this issue on a daily basis. This topic is just a big one because it consists of the two most talked about players atm. You guys are acting as if this was the the most horrific tackle of the century.

Though i do remember a similar incident which was in the euro final, Payet vs Ronaldo, and I believe we all know what are friend tiki said about that incident :)))))

My thoughts are for Salah and CARVAJAL . Both players might miss the world cup due to their injuries and I hope BOTH player get well soon. You guys talking like you love football but yall just Hate Madrid more. Though it is understandable as Liverpool are the underdogs and we did win it for the 3rd time in a row with a bit of lady luck.

rayrex7 6 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

Though i do feel bad for Karius, he had a great UCL campaign and it ended in the worst way possible.

Yvan21 6 years ago
0 440

If you start feeling bad about Karius then just take a look at his gf and you'll stop feeling bad for him ;) @rayrex7

tiki10taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 0 82

@rayrex

Ronaldo is an arrogant bastard, no surprise here

Hell yeah, I bring it in because nobody does and because he irritates me constantly probably more than others....
And because every single media is now talking about that... few analyses the game itself. Karius - Salah - Ronaldo are the key names where Bale and Benz suffered enough to get a deserved moment of glory.

@emo ok then, it’s the ideas that people should agree on not who said them, 90% of Ronaldo criticism from my side are justified, 10% rayrex nailed it I hate him a song a person and it may affect my patience about his antics...

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@tiki10 Yeah, I get what you mean, its annoying to see Ronaldo still taking the spotlight even though this game wasn't about him all thing considered. I think you said you worked somewhere related to sport media so it must be even worse for you, no idea your not as patient as us with his antic. ;) Anyway, like I said, I'm sorry if I made you feel like I didn't wanted to agree with you, it really wasn't my intention.

Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

On a different not, I think Ronaldo's comments were inappropriate but I'm okay with Bale's. Reason being: Ronaldo is guaranteed a place in the starting line-up, whereas Bale is not. Bale's comments could be a clear message to management that he wants out precisely because of a lack of playing time despite being fit, whilst Ronaldo's seem misplaced and puts us Madrid supporters in a state of concern (even though it was obviously directed at the Madrid board).

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Dynast Still think their comment could have waited, both for Ronaldo and Bale, yet I agree Bale have the right to complain the most between the two.

Amerr30 6 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

@Those who claim Ramos intentionally injured Mo Salah:
First of all, here's the video of the incident – in addition to the slow-down by the TV telecast, I slowed it down even further so everything can be seen.

Now you guys are going to try to convince me or others that Sergio Ramos did the following:

• " As soon as Mo Salah stretched his arm to keep Ramos at bay, as well as follow his movements without having to look.. Sergio Ramos decided that it would be the best to, at this time grab his hand, and than walk/run around as you're falling while keeping a hold to the player so that when he (Ramos) falls, so will Salah. But of course, that is not the purpose of all this. All of these little movements will ensure that Salah falls in such a specific way that he dislocates his shoulder. Why do this? Because otherwise there's absolutely no way he was going to be able to stop the mesmeric, the amazing, the fantastic.. Mo Salah. "

Because, not one of Juventus, or Bayern Munich, or PSG have an attack nearly as deadly as that of the trident of Mo Salah, Firmino, and Mane. As far as defense and attack is concerned, they are irrelevant with such an out of World attacking force.

Thus the only way to win this game was to intentionally injure a player beloved by everybody.

That is your reasoning. See how it sounds?

The number of times Ramos has played against players and teams way above Liverpools level - I don't ever remember Ramos ever injuring someone intentionally. There is simply just no need to. He was in a team that got humiliated by their rivals and, yet, still, he didn't intentionally injure anyone.

It is these talks, these opinions and views, contorted in a ways where common sense no longer applies – yet they are still held as geniune and true simply because it is the absolutely worst possible picture that one can paint of Real Madrid.

It is comical, really, that a Barcelona fan was calling Sergio Ramos a disgrace for what can be most accurately described as an accident, while talking up and being proud of a player who on more than one occasion literally opened his mouth and BIT his opponents. Talk about a hypocrite.

Had Sergio Ramos blatantly tackled him with both legs, his studs up.. Had he bitten Salah when he couldn't catch up to him.. Had he hit him with his arms, his legs, his head.. But No.. two ferocious players, in their biggest match of the year, simply just faught for the ball without a regard for their well-being. That's what this game is. It's a physical game. Injuries happen all the time, for mistiming a tackle, mistiming fall, not landing right when jumping, and etc etc etc.

However, to ATTACK a player when there is clearly no IRREFUTABLE evidence that he intentionally wanted to injure his opponent.. Is just WRONG!

Does he not deserve the benefit of the doubt? Or is that just reserved for those “other teams and their players “?

We live in a society with rules, with expectations, with social contracts. Attacking Sergio Ramos simply because he happened to be part of an accident is childish, hateful, and uncivilized.

I know some have asked why I'm not active, and it's because of this. This.. Hateful, one-sided, villanizing simply because it is not your team is just ugly. I did not even write a post here explaining my jubilation, my happiness that Real achieved something that was considered impossible.. Because I feel I have to defend my team from all the hate and abuse.

It isn't what this was supposed to be out..

• History

First of all, here's the video of the incident – in addition to the slow-down by the TV telecast, I slowed it down even further so everything can be seen.

Now you guys are going to try to convince me or others that Sergio Ramos did the following:

• " As soon as Mo Salah stretched his arm to keep Ramos at bay, as well as follow his movements without having to look.. Sergio Ramos decided that it would be the best to, at this time grab his hand, and than walk/run around as you're falling while keeping a hold to the player so that when he (Ramos) falls, so will Salah. But of course, that is not the purpose of all this. All of these little movements will ensure that Salah falls in such a specific way that he dislocates his shoulder. Why do this? Because otherwise there's absolutely no way he was going to be able to stop the mesmeric, the amazing, the fantastic.. Mo Salah. "

Because, not one of Juventus, or Bayern Munich, or PSG have an attack nearly as deadly as that of the trident of Mo Salah, Firmino, and Mane.
Thus the only way to win this game was to intentionally injure a player beloved by everybody.

The number of times Ramos has played against players and teams way above Liverpools level - I don't ever remember Ramos ever injuring someone intentionally. There is simply just no need to. He was in a team that got humiliated by their rivals and, yet, still, he didn't intentionally injure anyone.

It is these talks, these opinions and views, contorted in a ways where common sense no longer applies – yet they are still held as geniune and true simply because it is the absolutely worst possible picture that one can paint of Real Madrid.

It is comical, really, that a Barcelona fan was calling Sergio Ramos a disgrace for what can be most accurate explained as an accident, while talking up and being proud of a player who on more than one occasion literally opened his mouth and BIT his opponents. Talk about a hypocrite.

Had Sergio Ramos blatantly tackled him with both legs, his studs up.. Had he bitten Salah when he couldn't catch up to him.. Had he hit him with his arms, his legs, his head.. But No.. two ferocious players, in their biggest match of the year, simply just faught for the ball without a regard for their well-being. That's what this game is. It's a physical game. Injuries happen all the time, for mistiming a tackle, mistiming fall, not landing right when jumping, and etc etc etc.

However, to ATTACK a player when there is clearly no IRREFUTABLE evidence that he intentionally wanted to injure his opponent.. Is just WRONG!

Does he not deserve the benefit of the doubt? Or is that just reserved for those “other teams and their players “?
We live in a society with rules, with expectations, with social contracts. Attacking Sergio Ramos simply because he happened to be part of an accident is childish, hateful, and uncivilized.

I know some have asked why I'm not active, and it's because of this. This.. Hateful, one-sided, villanizing simply because it is not your team is just ugly. I did not even write a post here explaining my jubilation, my happiness that Real achieved something that was considered impossible.. Because I feel I have to defend my team from all the hate and abuse.

Because, not one of Juventus, or Bayern Munich, or PSG have an attack nearly as deadly as that of the trident of Mo Salah, Firmino, and Mane. As far as defense and attack is concerned, they are irrelevant with such an out of World attacking force.

It is comical, really, that a Barcelona fan was calling Sergio Ramos a disgrace for what can be most accurate explained as an accident, while talking up and being proud of a player who on more than one occasion literally opened his mouth and BIT his opponents. Talk about a hypocrite.

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United 38 1000

"Therefore, your honour, I find the defendant not guilty and I hereby rest my case!"

• History

"Therefore, your honour, I rest my case!"

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

Amerr is a dick quite often, but that was actually a solid post. gg mate

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Amerr I'm one of those that consider Ramos certainly didn't mean to injure Salah but I would like to point that there weren't any hate directed at Madrid, or at least, if there was, it was very small. Most hate is directed at Ramos himself. As for Real, obviously, winning 3 CL in a row will bring you some jealousy, what can I say. Their achievement is incredible but as a neutral, I sure wouldn't have completely minded seeing a new champion. Seeing Madrid win it again and again make it repetitive for the rest of us. :P

@Sunflash Yeah, like iHEART said, he could propably stand in a court of law with that kind of argument. Me like. ;)

• History

@Amerr I'm one of those that consider Ramos certainly didn't mean to injure Salah but I would like to point that there weren't any hate directed at Madrid, or at least, if there was, it was very small. Most hate is directed at Ramos himself. As for Real, obviously, winning 3 CL in a row will bring you some jealousy, what can I say. Their achievement is incredible but as a neutral, I sure wouldn't have completely minded seeing a new champion. Seeing Madrid win it again and again make it repetitive for the rest of us. :P

tiki10taka 6 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 0 82

The video is showing exactly what we said, Ramos falling and taking the arm. What’s wrong ? The fact he turns into the circle while falling, that would break your arm 7 times out of ten. Do this in a Sunday district game and the game is stopped by a general battle...

I disagree Sunflash, give Ramos a Barça shirt and see Amerr’s reaction...
Even in Rugby where stabbing is tolerated, crocodile death roll is red carded.

Look closely to the video and tell me Ramos didn’t turn bringing the arm on purpose. If he fell normally bringing Salah down there would be no injury.

• History

The video is showing exactly what we said, Ramos falling and taking the arm. What’s wrong ? The fact he turns into the circle while falling, that would break your arm 7 times out of ten. Do this in a Sunday district game and the game is stopped by a general battle...

I disagree Sunflash, give Ramos a Barça shirt and see Amerr’s reaction...
Even in Rugby where stabbing is tolerated, crocodile trap is red carded.

Look closely to the video and tell me Ramos didn’t turn bringing the arm on purpose. If he fell normally bringing Salah down there would be no injury.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@Amer: I like how you reason your argument in this one. Top!

But I must strongly disagree, Ramos DID NOT intentionally want to injure Salah that serious, sure. But it is IN HIS NATURE to sneakily foul the counter part. Most of those kind of players do, especially Italian defenders.

EXCEPT, they are not as bad and as nasty as this one. And in this one, he directly injured Salah.

It doesn't matter who started the collision first, it's Ramos who did the arm lock WHILE falling down, and whoever played football would know that would have very high probability of causing the other pain, might be the rest of the game semi-injured.

Other than that, Real completely deserved the win. They were super, if Liverpool was that much dependent on Salah and they let 2 stupid errors happened. While on top of that, Real controlled the mid much of the game.. then, no question. Congratulation on the biggest achievement in the history of CL.

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

If Liverpool had Scott Sterling things would have been much different.

But on serious note game was lost when Salah was out and inexperienced goalkeeper was just the bomb waiting to happen due to mounting pressure.

Madridista11 6 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

You have to realize that reputation does matter. Players like Ramos, Alba, Suarez, and Costa leave no room for fans to give the benefit of the doubt. I really REALLY think Ramos didn't mean harm but his track record of being dirty doesn't help his case in front of his haters.

Look man at the end of the day, had it been Modric or Marcelo, I don't think people would moan about it. Certainly not to this degree.

BlueBlueBlue 6 years ago
Chelsea, Serbia 0 38

Ramos did nothing wrong, he's just a strong player that wanted to clear the ball away after Salah didn't control it good. This is a contact sport and many injuries happen so Mohamed fell on his own and it was not even a free kick for him, just accident.

If pigs could fly and if Salah was a strong player like Ramos different story but he wanted to keep Ramos away from the ball with 1 hand and then fell on his shoulder and hurt himself. Nobody can play to cause injury ahead so that the other player will crash his shoulder in the grass and break something, life is not like that it's very simple if Ramos kicks his shoulder it's red card but he did nothing he was trying to get to the ball and Salah was trying to push him away.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Madridista True that.

nandaYNWA 6 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

defend this one :)