Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

CL Final 2018: Real Madrid - Liverpool
Amerr30 6 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

It is the the big one. The biggest game of the season is upon us.

The game starts in a mere 67 minutes from the time of writing.

And there's no thread for this game, what?

Is this place dead or is this the anti-madrid sentiment at work? With an English team in the final, you'd think...

Anyway, I wish both teams the best.

Majority of people, as per usual, have voiced their predictions on various platforms that it'll be Liverpool who's going to win it. Same as last year with Juve, or the year before. This, despite the fact that all around Liverpool is weaker than PSG, weaker than Juve, and weaker than Bayern. All teams we've dispatched this season.

Let it be the third in a season.

Will it be 3??

This Real team is already an era defining team, if you ask me. 4th final in 5 years, 3 of those already won. 100 percent success rate so far. It underlines my previous exclamation that Real Madrid do not play finals, they win them.

Good luck to both teams!

As always, may the best win! I hope the better team wins, really don't want the refs to decide the game - either in a win or loss. I want a fair, open game. With plenty of goals hopefully (against Liverpool :P)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

It is the the big one. The biggest game of the season is upon us.

The game starts in a mere 67 minutes from the time of writing.

And there's no thread for this game, what?

Is this place dead or is this the anti-madrid sentiment at work. With an English team in the final, you'd think...

Anyway, I wish both teams the best.

Majority of people, as per usual, have voiced their predictions on various platforms that it'll be Liverpool who's going to win it. Same as last year with Juve, or the year before. This, despite the fact that all around Liverpool is weaker than PSG, weaker than Juve, and weaker than Bayern. All teams we've dispatched this season.

Let it be the third in a season.

Will it be 3??

This Real team is already an era defining team, if you ask me. 4th final in 5 years, 3 of those already won. 100 percent success rate so far. It underlines my previous exclamation that Real Madrid does not play finals, they win them.

Good luck to both teams!

As always, may the best win! I hope the better teams wins, really don't want the refs to decide the game - either in a win or loss. I want a fair, open game. With plenty goals hopefully.

Comments
Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Marcus Ugh, I get you're frustration, Salah missing World Cup is a real damn shame and a completely unfair fate for him but I really think blaming Ramos and saying he did on purpose is really harsh and unfair. No doubt he pulled him down to stop him from playing the ball but I'm 100% sure he never thought Salah would be injured because of it, it happened extremely fast after all. What he did could be seen as a foul pherhap but certainly not as a deliberate attempt to hurt imo.

• History

@Marcus Ugh, I get you're frustration, Salah missing World Cup is a real damn shame and a completely unfair fate for him but I really think blaming Ramos and saying he did on purpose is really harsh and unfair. No doubt he pulled him down to stop him from playing the ball but I'm 100% sure he never thought Salah would be injured because of it, it happened extremely fast after all. What he did could be seen as a foul pherhap but certainly not has a deliberate attempt to hurt imo.

tiki10taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 0 82

Ronaldo gate : he did it again, didn’t score and wants to steal the show to Bale who had a complicated year, came off the bench and won the trophy on his own.

Ronaldo communication master who won him BO more than whole season displays is poisoning other players because tomorrow instead of praising Benz, Modric and Bale main players of the final. All media will talk about Departure of a player rated 3/10 mark by l’ Équipe for the game.

Unclassy, egoistic, and this time there is no bias whole France talk about this specially journalists who decided not make a big deal of this fake news who’s main goal is to bring attention on a player that flopped his final like he did Vs Atletico 2 years ago.

Ramos got mad, the captain said that Cr should quickly give an explanation about this mediatic explosive communication who in case it’s true, he should have respected the team effort and wait one week rather than say : I will talk about it next week.

I fucking don’t care, he needs Madrid and will stay if he wants spotlight on him, my 2 cents before any transfer rumor thread.

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United 38 1000

@Emo, can't believe you're defending Ramos in this situation. You seem like a nice guy and all, trying to defend devil's advocate all the time, but how the heck do you not see this as an intentional foul?

Anyone who plays football should know that grabbing one's arm while tripping them over is not an "accident". It was clearly intentional and Ramos deserves to get a lot of stick for it. This isn't the first time he's done something like this either; he's well known for pulling off dirty tricks like this, and what's worse, he always gets away with it.

• History

@Emo, can't believe you're defending Ramos in this situation. You seem like a nice guy and all, trying to defend devil's advocate all the time, but how the heck do you not see this as an intentional foul?

Anyone who plays football should know that grabbing one's arm while tripping someone over is not an "accident". It was clearly intentional and Ramos deserves to get a lot of stick for it. This isn't the first time he's done something like this either; he's well known for pulling off dirty tricks like this, and what's worse, he always gets away with it.

Anyone who plays football should know that grabbing one's arm while tripping them over is not an "accident". It was clearly intentional and Ramos deserves to get a lot of stick for it. This isn't the first time he's done something like this either; he's well known for pulling off dirty tricks like this, and what's worse, he always gets away with it.

Anyone who plays football should know that grabbing one's arm while tripping them over is not an "accident". It was clearly intentional and Ramos deserves to get a lot of stick for it. This isn't the first time he's done something like this either; he's well known for pulling off dirty tricks like, and what's worse, he always gets away with it.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Real was the better team.

Liverpool without Salah is mediocre.

Real without Ronaldo is still far too strong. And Im glad he didnt score the last goal from Bale otherwise he would steal all the headline again for nothing.

RAMOS? Who on the freakin right mind defend for him? He was a scumbag. Period.

Does not matter if Salah started it first, that football. What was NOT football is: Ramos held back, did a MME, chose not to let it go and fell on it with his mass. He knew exactly what he was doing and he knew such impact would last and made Salah suffered the rest of the game, unfortunately Salah didnt just suffer, he was out for long.

Madrid players had this kind of tricks a lot... Semi injure a key player and make them annoyed due to pain and not at 100% (whoever play fooball knows this). That disgusts me.

I want Ramos to be heavily punished and BANNED for this kind of behavior for at least 5 games. DISGUSTING.

Nevertheless, This is what happen to 1 man team. And shit happened to that 1 man.

• History

Real was the better team.

Liverpool without Salah is mediocre.

Real without Ronaldo is still far too strong. And Im glad he didnt score the last goal from Bale otherwise he would steal all the headline again for nothing.

RAMOS? Whoe defend for him? He was a scumbag. Period. Does not matter if Salah started it first, that football. What was not is: Ramos held back, did a MME, chose not to let it go and fell on it with his mass. He knew exactly what he was doing and he knew such impact would last and made Salah suffered the rest of the game, unfortunately Salah didnt just suffer, he was out for long.

Madrid players had this kind of tricks a lot... Semi injure a key player and make them annoyed due to pain and not at 100% (whoever play fooball knows this). That disgusts me.

I want Ramos to be banned for this kimd of behavior for at least 5 games.

Nevertheless, This is what happen to 1 man team. And shit happened to that 1 man

tuan_jinn 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@Emo: no.

even if that was fast. That was 100 intentional. If anyone ever played football would know exactly: when you fall down, and held onto other whole arm and let your mass on that. You would injur or cause semi injury to that player for the rest of the game. He wont be 100%, (being Liverpool 40% strength), a not 100% Salah is just enough for Real for have a more comfortable win.

A normal behavior would be let it go and use you both arm or shoulder to reduce your own chance of having your face smash the ground. Ramos DID NOT. He held onto it and did a MME.

But of course he didnt intentionally injured Salah for him to be out of for long. He probably wanted a semi pain or harsh annoyance...

He injured Salah.

• History

even if that was fast. That was 100 intentional. If anyone ever played football would know exactly when you fall down, and held onto other whole arm and let your mass on that. You would injure or cause semi injury to that player for the rest of the game. He wont be 100%.

A normal behavior would be let it go and use you both arm or shoulder to reduce your own chance of having your face smash the ground. Ramos DID NOT. He held onto it and fif a MME.

even if that was fast. That was 100 intentional. If anyone ever played football would know exactly when you fall down, and held onto other whole arm and let your mass on that. You would injure or cause semi injury to that player for the rest of the game. He wont be 100%.

A normal behavior would be let it go and use you both arm or shoulder to reduce your own chance of having your face smash the ground. Ramos DID NOT. He held onto it and did a MME.

But ofcourse he didnt intentionally injured Salah for him to be out of for long. He probably wanted a semi pain or annoyance...

He injured Salah.

even if that was fast. That was 100 intentional. If anyone ever played football would know exactly when you fall down, and held onto other whole arm and let your mass on that. You would injure or cause semi injury to that player for the rest of the game. He wont be 100%, and being Liverpool 40% strength, a not 100% Salah is just enough for Real for have a more comfortable win.

But ofcourse he didnt intentionally injured Salah for him to be out of for long. He probably wanted a semi pain or annoyance...

He injured Salah.

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Dirty move by Ramos. He meant it, maybe not so hard to not allow him play, but he did it absolutely intentionally.

One of weirdest finals recently. Two goalkeeper mistakes and wondergoal, it's deserved win but Liverpool fans must be so frustrated.

nandaYNWA 6 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

i dislike ramos so much. we're all talking about the salah injury (which was horrific btw). but what about the karius incident? or waiting to be fouled by mane. when i saw his smug face lift the trophy i turned the tv off. but out of that borderline hatred this unwavering respect forms. i respect that he's a winner and he'll do anything to win. we don't have anyone like that; most teams don't. hes the kind of player that makes you seethe in anger unless he plays for your team, like suarez and costa. so while i completely despise what he did and how impacted the game, he did what no one else on the pitch did to win.

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

Since this discussion is becoming rather one-sided, I want to provide some outsider perspective:

Lampard/Ferdinand on it and the ensuing comments underneath. I particularly agree with the one that notes if this was Lovern on Ronaldo it wouldn't even be a discussion.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

@tuan To be fair, its only how I feel about it, but like you said, I'm defo not the better person to judge this kind of event, if so many of you guys (with more experience than me) really insist it was on purpose, then I won't argue anymore. As for Ramos, he did lacked a lot a class on the field even without talking about the Salah incident, didn't saw the Karius incident but I heard about it and there is also the time he on purpose got Many a yellow card. That guy is a real karma houdini, thats for sure. :(

Edit: Also, holy banana, this is crazy controversial it seem Sun, how do you feel about it mate?

• History

@tuan To be fair, its only how I feel about it, but like you said, I'm defo not the better person to judge this kind of event, if so many of you guys (with more experience than me) really insist it was on purpose, then I won't argue anymore. As for Ramos, he did lacked a lot a class on the field without even talking about the Salah incident, didn't saw the Karius incident but I heard about it and there is also the time he on purpose got Many a yellow card. That guy is a real karma houdini, thats for sure. :(

@tuan To be fair, its only how I feel about it, but like you said, I'm defo not the better person to judge this kind of event, if so many of you guys (with more experience than me) really insist it was on purpose, then I won't argue anymore. As for Ramos, he did lacked a lot a class on the field even without talking about the Salah incident, didn't saw the Karius incident but I heard about it and there is also the time he on purpose got Many a yellow card. That guy is a real karma houdini, thats for sure. :(

Edit: Also, holy shit, this is crazy controversial it seem Sun, how do you feel about it mate?

Yvan21 6 years ago Edited
0 440

It didnt seem like it was Ramos falling on top of his arm that caused that because I think Salah's problem was with his left shoulder. And it was Salah's right arm that was tangled up. He then falls really badly, you can see his legs still haven't made contact with the ground by the time he falls on his left side. So all the force from that fall was transferred to that side, and then being tangled up didn't help because he couldn't get his right arm in the right position to brace for impact. Really sad for Salah.

Agree with what Sun said. I do feel like if it was Modric instead of Ramos then it would not be as controversial. Ramos has a track record of being reckless and losing his mind so that's the baggage he has to carry.

That said this was the worst Cl final I've ever watched. Bale's goal sort of makes up for it but the final didn't live up to expectations. Kindergarten mistakes by the keeper. Salah injured and CR not doing anything.

• History

It didnt seem like it was Ramos falling on top of his arm that caused that because I think Salah's problem was with his left shoulder. And it was Salah's right arm that was tangled up. He then falls really badly, you can see his legs still haven't made with the ground when he falls on his left side. So all the force from that fall was transferred to that side, and then being tangled up didn't help because he couldn't get his right arm in the right position to brace for impact. Really sad for Salah.

That said this was the worst Cl final I've ever watched. Bale's goal sort of makes up for it but the final didn't live up to expectations. Kindergarten mistakes by the keeper. Salah injured and CR not doing anything.

It didnt seem like it was Ramos falling on top of his arm that caused that because I think Salah's problem was with his left shoulder. And it was Salah's right arm that was tangled up. He then falls really badly, you can see his legs still haven't made with the ground when he falls on his left side. So all the force from that fall was transferred to that side, and then being tangled up didn't help because he couldn't get his right arm in the right position to brace for impact. Really sad for Salah.

Agree with what Sun said. I do feel like if it was Modric instead of Ramos then it would not be as controversial. Ramos has a track record of being reckless and losing his mind so that's the baggage he has to carry.

rayrex7 6 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

Damn tiki, Ronaldo really did screw you over

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Yvan21

Yep, didn't go according to plan at all. :( Still was a very dramatic game.

@rayrex7 Yeah, he really don't like the guy.

Still, at the end of the day, Real should focus on enjoying their trophy. I agree its a bit of a dick move from CR7 though to put his fanbase through the wait for no reason. If he is going to say something in a week, freaking say it in a week, there ain't need to warn the fans like that and worry them.

Yvan21 6 years ago
0 440

@Emobot not only Ronaldo but Bale too saying he needs to play more minutes and he has to sit down with his agent to discuss what his options are. Really bad timing to do that.

I can understand Bale more because he has been a super sub this end of the season but injuries are the main reason why that's the case. If he remained a whole season with no major injuries he'd unquestionably be a first team player.

Ronaldo on the other side just sounds selfish to come out with that during a champions league celebration. Worst ever timing and I'm sure it was because he was nonexistent on the field so he was angry. What a way to spoil the day and switch attention to him from what should be a day to celebrate a 3rd consecutive cl title.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Yvan21 Agreed, however, I'm worried with CR7, seem to me there is potentially plenty frustration he kept for himself until the end of the season. The talk about Neymar going to Real and all the problem he had with law in Spain might be starting to get to him. I don't know, But yeah, for now, Real should just forget about it and focus on celebrating. ;)

Ledley 6 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Reposting photo from match day.

They call it a chicken wing tackle in Australian Rugby League yet there’s no card. You get banned in Rugby for that, but no yellow at the minimum.

enter image description here

Yvan21 6 years ago
0 440

Nice photo

tiki10taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 0 82

How hypocrit is this emo ? Yvan just said same thing in Ronaldo, and you surprisedly agree with him while my opinion is just because I’m hating Ronaldo ? Are you afraid to agree with me ? I don’t think I’m the only one who read on CR mediatic communication, celebrations as in a book. The guy is playing a popularity contest and know that if his name is everywhere independently of performance, people are stupid enough to fall in the trap which is partially true...

My opinion is not even an opinion, if CR had a great final, he wouldn’t want to steal the show he would have took his shirt off and make headlines like he knows to do it. That only shows he knows he is not number 1 and for me many players had a better season...

Ramos did a crocodile trap, he could have broken the arm instead of the back and the shoulder... there is no way it wasn’t intentional, he grabbed the hand and fell in a position the hand will turn and get under the body.

Unless Fifa players, all who practiced football know how to injure players, I was injured like ten times and caused some, when it’s intentional it’s clear as water.

And it’s old as fuck that you really hurt the most talented player of the rival in the first minutes to send him a message or to avoid him into starting the game in a good way.

For me Salah lacked experience, he went in Ramos confort zone and offered his arm as he was playing for strawberries, Ramos was playing his season once he got the leg he turned into Jujitsu warrior. Not sure he wanted to injure but he wanted at least to send a message and to hurt, he does that regularly vs Messi who never give him his arm or put himself in a position he can walk on him...

Yvan21 6 years ago
0 440

Well, sometimes it's not what you say what's more important but how you say it. You make some good points Tiki but you also criticize Ronaldo all the time and over time that takes away from what you say. It's you reputation, like Ramos who is dirty so most people lean on the side that he did it intentionally.
But I feel like Emo was just saying that you don't really like Cristiano which is true. And then even added that he agrees it was a dick move from Ronaldo to do that. Anyway, I'll stay out of it lol but just don't see how he's being a hypocrite.

BlueBlueBlue 6 years ago
Chelsea, Serbia 0 38

Anyone that think that Ramos did something wrong is an idiot.
It was Salah that was pushing away Ramos after not controlling the ball and fell badly on his left shoulder, Ramos is not that capable nor evil, he could never had plan to inflict injury in such a way to another player, it was just a bad fall to the ground.

Ref Mazic from Serbia had 10/10 game, that injury was fighting for the ball not even a free kick was blown there, 200% correct.

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

@Blue, I've seen enough of Ramos over the years to know he is more than capable of doing something like this. He did pull Salah down with him intention or not, he did directly injure him. With the WC so close it's criminal to injure another player. Salah and Carvajal might miss it and the WC is the single most important competition for these players.