Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Chelsea 'happy' to allow Nemanja Matić to join Manchester United
AlexBatak 7 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Chelsea 'happy' to allow Nemanja Matić to join Manchester United for the right price

enter image description here

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has reportedly given the go ahead for Nemanja Matić to leave for Manchester United. But the move would only take place should the Red Devils meet the club’s £50million asking price for the Serbian international.

It was recently reported that if Matić could be going to Italy to line up for the Italian champions Juventus. A move to either team would be a disappointing end for Matić’s second term as a Chelsea players, especially since he played a key role in two title wins over the past three seasons. The hope was that this summer’s transfer window would bolster the midfield not simply replace like-for-like with Bakayoko and Matić.

With Matić training alone since the beginning of pre-season, this move, just like the Diego Costa move appears to be more of a question of ‘when’ not ‘if’. For Chelsea, having secured adequate replacements in the forms of Tiemoué Bakayoko and Álvaro Morata, the priority now is to maximize the potential value received in return for Matić and Costa.

Comments
SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

With what Jose has said about the market, I doubt United will pull the trigger for 50m. That being said, wouldn't mind seeing him at United for something more reasonable.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

United will aim for the title with the already established league players like Lukaku and Matic, totally worth the money as well.

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

No ! This is reasonable price for one of the best defensive mids in the world, sunflash . Now go tell your board , we aren't willing to negotiate anything under that price .

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Marcus

1. Sunflash have no contact with Manchester United board.
  2. You have no power over Chelsea board.

In other word, what your saying doesnt seem very realistic. XD But more seriously, 50M is a bit high for a player like Matic imo. Just a tiny bit mind you. Then again, the price could be right considering Chelsea doesn't actually want to get rid of him as fast as possible and today's market. :U

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Marcus

1. Sunflash have no contact with Manchester United board.
  2. You have no power over Chelsea board.
    In other word, what your saying doesnt seem very realistic. XD
Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@Emo It's not high at all, Matic is world class and is in the peak of his career, from 27 to 30 is the best years for his position, people underrate Matic but he can do it all, above all he's a team player that always listens to the coach thats why we very rarely see him taking shots even though he has a crazy good long distance shot ability.
Think about it, United needs a Matic in order to have all the piece puzzles, a player like him would make the team to fight for the title.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

In today's market, that sounds kinda reasonable lmao. If you can get 3-4 years of world-class football out of Matic, then why not pay that much? Not like United are short on money or anything.

legends16 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

The board might be, but this Chelsea fan certainly isn't. Send him to Juve! Nothing new here but it could help our chance of landing Sandro. And I think LWB is the position that needs strengthening most rn. Not that I doubt Alonso at all, but we at least need a backup because of the extra Champions League football. We can put Azpi up into RWB and pull in another centre defender like Rudiger or Christensen if we need, but we can't do the same with Cahill on the left side.

DarthFooty 7 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

I would take it quick. The market is inflated but his ability is not. Funny, I was just thinking about a strong DMF, then this pops up.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

In today's market, that sounds kinda reasonable lmao. If you can get 3-4 years of world-class football out of Matic, then why not pay that much? Not like United are short on money or anything.

I think it's more about sending a message at this point. Everyone knows that as soon as United is interested in a player, the selling clubs tacks at least 10m on because they know United will buy regardless. If you say "f*ck you" enough when that happens, it will hopefully stop or at least become easier to negotiate.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

If Pogba is worth 90 mil pounds Matic is worth 50 mil, anyone denying that is actually saying that Manchester United want the wrong type of player.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

If Pogba is worth 90 mil pounds Matic is worth 50 mil, anyone denying that is actually saying that Manchester United want the wrong type of player.

I would disagree with that oversimplification quite strongly.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@SunFlash It's simple as this: If Manchester United wants Matic they need to pay his price, he is a world class midfielder after all so getting him for the price of his quality is just normal, Chelsea is not a small club that can be bullied.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

There is also a shortage of DMs of Matic's class nowadays. The few others I can think of on the spot are Kante, Casemiro, and Khedira. And Matic is probably a superior player than Khedira, and there's no way United can steal Miro or Kante right now. Jose must splash the cash for this one.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

@SunFlash It's simple as this: If Manchester United wants Matic they need to pay his price, he is a world class midfielder after all so getting him for the price of his quality is just normal, Chelsea is not a small club that can be bullied.

Nothing about paying 50M for a 29-year old is normal.

Put it like this, if Pogba is worth 90 mil, and gives United 6-8 world class seasons (which seems reasonable), and Matic is worth half that and gives United 3-4 Pogba-level seasons for 45M. With no sell on value. And minimum marketable ability. In a position that we want rather than need. Admittedly from a rival.

Even in a best-case scenario, I can't rationalize it for anymore than 35M. And I'm not asking Chelsea to be bullied, I'm asking them to be reasonable. If they actually sell Matic to United for 50M, United is just a bitch club.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@SunFlash So you would pay 35 mil punds max for Matic? For that Matic can be sold to smaller clubs than Manchester United easy, at some point you should admit that you personally don't want to see Matic in your club.

DarthFooty 7 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

You aren't wrong SunFlash, but I stopped trying to make sense of the transfer market long ago. Now I just look for what qualities is being brought to the table.

From a players perspective, get that money while you can. From a club's perspective, get that quality while you can, even if its inflated cost. From a fans perspective, get the best talent possible and work them into a system that fits.

Not to say, don't look at younger players and work on developing, but we all know, in today's EPL, it's buy now to win now.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

@SunFlash So you would pay 35 mil punds max for Matic? For that Matic can be sold to smaller clubs than Manchester United easy, at some point you should admit that you personally don't want to see Matic in your club.

I outlined how I got to that number quite clearly. If you choose to ignore that and make some fictional grandiose statement, that's your prerogative.

Not to say, don't look at younger players and work on developing, but we all know, in today's EPL, it's buy now to win now.

United has been in "win now" mode ever since Moyes was fired. And ironically, the teams that have won the EPL since did it with minimal investment. Chelsea twice, and Leicester once, both spent far less than they could've, and the teams that usually finished 2-3 (Arsenal/Spurs) also spent well below the Manchester clubs' level, Spurs in particular.

Money doesn't buy titles and we should stop pretending that it does. Look at PSG if you want any real evidence of that. Even Real Madrid won La Liga and the UCL following a summer window where they spent 27M. That's it.

I believe that continuity, youth development, and coaching mean far more than big-money transfers. Yes, sometimes you need a certain player to take you to the next level. But Matic is a luxury for United at best and will more likely be a squad player as opposed to a starter. I'm above spending 50M on a squad player, and I hope Woodward is too.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@SunFlash That number is too low, just so you know.

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

You want us to sell you a player who is in prime and will actually give you even better shot at the title for 35 million ? Chelsea will sell him for 35 to any other club outside of top 6 of EPL or England but never to united . Even the whole idea selling the guy for 50 to United still kind of doesn't settle in for me because we are giving you exactly what you need in that midfield to be even more competitive.

Money buys titles if you buy right . And buying Matic is the very right buy for United .

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Marcus2011 Good point, Matic does belong to a direct rival.