Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Chelsea 'happy' to allow Nemanja Matić to join Manchester United
AlexBatak 7 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Chelsea 'happy' to allow Nemanja Matić to join Manchester United for the right price

enter image description here

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has reportedly given the go ahead for Nemanja Matić to leave for Manchester United. But the move would only take place should the Red Devils meet the club’s £50million asking price for the Serbian international.

It was recently reported that if Matić could be going to Italy to line up for the Italian champions Juventus. A move to either team would be a disappointing end for Matić’s second term as a Chelsea players, especially since he played a key role in two title wins over the past three seasons. The hope was that this summer’s transfer window would bolster the midfield not simply replace like-for-like with Bakayoko and Matić.

With Matić training alone since the beginning of pre-season, this move, just like the Diego Costa move appears to be more of a question of ‘when’ not ‘if’. For Chelsea, having secured adequate replacements in the forms of Tiemoué Bakayoko and Álvaro Morata, the priority now is to maximize the potential value received in return for Matić and Costa.

Comments
Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

if 50 million can buy man city walker, i dont see why 50 million is too much for Matic

but i think everyone know transfer market is inflated , especially for Manchester

nigelpayne 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 15 484

bearing in mind we still have Carrick for 1 more year who is very able in this position...we can look at a CDM next year although it would be good to have a back up we do have other players that can fill this role: Herrera, pogba, tuanzebe, blind etc

mou said he will make 1 more signing this year...I would quite like to see renato sanchez tbf

nigelpayne 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 15 484

Matic would be worth 50mil because he would make pogba worth 90mil

but as i said we dont really need him

alexbolt84 7 years ago
Barcelona, Belgium 0 4

LOL. Obviously they are very "happy" to loose one of their best players.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Yeah whatever. That Belgian kid Dendonker's name is getting thrown around now for around 30m. I wouldn't mind doing that even though he's probably way lower quality than Matic, just to tell Chelsea that they can f*ck off with their stupid transfer prices.

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

haha you are going to pay what we ask , just watch :D

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@Marcus2011 Apparently not, seem like the move is close to happening for £40M after all. :O

OnceABlueAlwaysABlue 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 5 211

Matic.. you traitor!!! knew he was likely to go there but never wanted it to happen!!

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11435

@OnceABlue Wow, do you know if other Chelsea fan feel this way? Cause the Manchester United vs Chelsea fixture are gonna become derbies if this keep up, what with Mou joining United and now Lukaku and Matic following him there. Exciting. :D

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@OnceABlue Wow, do you know if other Chelsea fan feel this way? Cause the Manchester United vs Chelsea fixture are gonna become a derby if this keep up, what with Mou joining United and now Lukaku and Matic following him there. Exciting. :D

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

It was Conte that stopped counting on Matic and not Matic himself, reports say he would prefer United over Juventus probably because he doesn't want to leave England it's easier for him to just change city so he isn't a traitor.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I dont think he's a traitor either... any of the 4 other big teams would bring controversial. The fact that Mou is there now make it hard for Chelsea's fans to swallow, but it's not like he' a home grown super star who has been with the club for 10 years, or an icon of the club anyway.

Like Gonlazo said, he isn't the main part of the club's project, his motivation changes... leaving might be better for him.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Welp, looks like it happened. 40M is better than 50M, but it's still 5-10M more than the max I'd have paid for him.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@Sunflash Don't worry United has the money :)

tuan_jinn 7 years ago

I would pay max 20M for him. He's very decent and might be just right for us, but he's far from his best and on the decline IMO, we need a bit of longer term solution to replace Carrick too, and he seems to be a short term solution.

Mind that I am the one who also think Lukaku is not more than 30M or 40M. :(

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@tuan_jinn To be fair, he was very solid last season, he is really good at using his size to his advantage from what I seen. At 28, I believe he does have a few good year ahead of him. I'm also not sure he could be considered that much of a traitor but its not up to me to say.

ashwin1729 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

I thought he was worth around 30-35 Mil. Considering every player is priced 2x their value to United, I'd say this isn't that bad of a deal. This will make Herrera/Pogba more offensive! Can't wait for the season to start!

@Tuan: I thought Lukaku should be around 40-50 Mil ...just my 2 cents. Your valuation of him at 30 Mil makes sense since we gave Rooney for free...

iHEARTfootball 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United 38 1000

Matic is exactly what Mourinho needs. He's, without a doubt, a major step up from Fellaini, and possibly even Herrera for that matter. I think this signing could be what we need to really make a break through this season. Don't know what people are on about stating that he's on a decline, and to still complain about how much he is - we're Manchester United; our commercial revenue alone is more than any amount we spend on the transfer windows. The only thing we should be concerned about is Lukaku's value, and so far he's bagged in 2 goals while Morata is 0, lol.

• History

Matic is exactly what Mourinho needs. He's, without a doubt, a major step up from Fellaini, and possibly even Herrera for that matter. I think this signing could be what we need to really make a break through this season. Don't know what people are on about stating that he's on a decline, and to still complain about how much he is - we're Manchester United; our commercial revenue alone is more than any amount we spend on the transfer windows.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

At least if he does well they can make a new song, they already have for another Nemanja, the last captain of Fergie xD

tuan_jinn 7 years ago Edited

@iHeartfootball: so are you saying if you have money we should go and spend it blindly.????

Since th last 4 years, we have been one of the dumbest clubs on earth when it comes to transfer in all courses.

Not thats though players are not worthy of the red shirts (actually some really arent). But the price tags have been sky high for all sorts of stupid reason. We have money does NOT mean we can break the market this way. This is for all EPL clubs. And for all fans who thinks this isnt a problem. It is, from football to economic wise.

With that being said, I agree he is a major upgrade from Fellani, who Mou has confirmed aint going ANYWHERE :(. Im just not happy with all the ridiculous $$$ fees

• History

@iHeartfootball: so are you saying if you have money we should go and spend it blindly.????

Since th last 4 years, we habe been one of the dumbest clubs on earth when it comes to transfer in all courses.

Not thats though players are not worthy of the red shirts (actually some arent). But the price tags have been sky higj for all sort of stupid reason. We have money does NOT mean we can break the market this way. This is for all EPL clubs. And for all fans who thinks this isnt a problem.

Since th last 4 years, we have been one of the dumbest clubs on earth when it comes to transfer in all courses.

Not thats though players are not worthy of the red shirts (actually some really arent). But the price tags have been sky high for all sorts of stupid reason. We have money does NOT mean we can break the market this way. This is for all EPL clubs. And for all fans who thinks this isnt a problem. It is, from football to economic wise.