Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Chelsea 'happy' to allow Nemanja Matić to join Manchester United
AlexBatak 7 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Chelsea 'happy' to allow Nemanja Matić to join Manchester United for the right price

enter image description here

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has reportedly given the go ahead for Nemanja Matić to leave for Manchester United. But the move would only take place should the Red Devils meet the club’s £50million asking price for the Serbian international.

It was recently reported that if Matić could be going to Italy to line up for the Italian champions Juventus. A move to either team would be a disappointing end for Matić’s second term as a Chelsea players, especially since he played a key role in two title wins over the past three seasons. The hope was that this summer’s transfer window would bolster the midfield not simply replace like-for-like with Bakayoko and Matić.

With Matić training alone since the beginning of pre-season, this move, just like the Diego Costa move appears to be more of a question of ‘when’ not ‘if’. For Chelsea, having secured adequate replacements in the forms of Tiemoué Bakayoko and Álvaro Morata, the priority now is to maximize the potential value received in return for Matić and Costa.

Comments
Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Overpaid (as usual with United), but smart transfer! I think he should benefit United in the short future.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Matic is one of the best in the league in his position, this new United team will fight for the title now with this new signing.
A better move than getting Mata from Chelsea a few years back.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11435

@iHeartfootball Yeah but Morata didn't join Chelsea as early as Lukaku and Conte haven't even put him as a striker in a full game as of yet. Too soon to compare them imo.

Mou transfer strategy is smart, he doesn't buy lot but is ready to pay high for his player, the depth of the team is also very impressive as they barely sell any important player. Will need to watch out for United next season. Don't think they will let many goal slip in with the quality they have now.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@iHeartfootball Yeah but Morata didn't join Chelsea as early as Lukaku and Conte haven't even put him as a striker in a full game as of yet. Too soon to compare them imo.

iHEARTfootball 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United 38 1000

@Tuan_jinn,

The only reason why we're spending big is because we're Manchester United. People aren't stupid to give their most valuable possessions to us at a "fair price" anymore. We are the RICHEST club in the world; clubs are going to abuse that status. As sad it may sound, we are expected to splash the cash for any player that comes in our radar, but of course it's as you implied, it's WHO we should be splashing the cash for that matters, and I think Matic is one of those right players to spend it on.

This guy's a proven winner, and arguably one of the best CDM right now. Him and Pogba could literally form the most unstoppable CM partnership this season, and I'm willing to put my money on it. Mourinho isn't stupid, like Moyes. So far, all our signings under him has been a massive plus for the club, and Matic is no different.

Sign him up, Jose.

• History

@Tuan_jinn,

The only reason why we're spending big is because we're Manchester United. People aren't stupid to give their most valuable possessions to us at a "fair price" anymore. We are the RICHEST club in the world; clubs are going to abuse that status. As sad it may sound, we are expected to splash the cash for any player that comes in our radar, but of course it's as you implied, it's WHO we should be splashing the cash for that matters, and I think Matic is one of those right players to spend it on.

This guy's a proven winner, and arguably one of the best CDM right now. Him and Pogba could literally form the most unstoppable CM partnership this season, and I'm willing to put my money on it. Mourinho isn't stupid, like Moyes and LVG. So far, all our signings under him has been a massive plus for the club, and Matic is no different.

Sign him up, Jose.

JuanMata10 7 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

@OnceABlue: How can you call him a traitor? It was Conte who told him that he doesn't count on him anymore and Matic behaved like an absolute top professional during that time as he always did at Chelsea. Even if he didn't quite reach the heights of his first year in the last couple of seasons, he still was a very solid player and instrumental in our 2 title wins. Do I want to sell him to United? Absolutely not, I too feel like we've handed them the last piece of the puzzle for the title, but Matic deserves the right to choose where he goes. If you want to boo your ex-players, you should change your favourite club to you-know-who. Otherwise have some respect.

Eden17Hazard17 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Quite strange that he went from a starter to being sold to a rival club (I'm talking about his downfall at Chelsea, I'm happy with him choosing where he goes), especially since Bakayoko is fairly young and unproven.

United will probably win the league this season.

• History

Quite strange that he went from a starter to being sold to a rival club, especially since Bakayoko is fairly young and unproven.

nigelpayne 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 15 484

mou spoke abt wanting 2 more players but probably only getting 1...im guessing that 1 was matic...i wonder who the other 1 was...bale? perisic? ranato sanches?

iHEARTfootball 7 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

@nigelpayne, it was definitely Perisic. Bale or Sanchez to United was never going to happen..and never will.

nigelpayne 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 15 484

@iHEART yeah actually i remember mou said bale wasn't on his original list of targets

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@iHeartFootball: fair enough mate.

@Eden: well, he's no longer part of the important project :(

@nigelpayne: I think it's gonna be Perisic

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

nice meme friend

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

ooh Conte , Conte . I don't like these transfers at all . Costa , Matic and our english players ( now we are trying to buy overrated ones for ridiculous fee ) being let out will bite Conte in the arse this season . When we need depth with experienced players , we are selling them left and right . Smh . I hope i am wrong but seems to be doing same mistakes i saw other managers do at Chelsea that didn't last past second season .

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@Marcus I hope you are wrong mate. :(

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Current odds of EPL winners: City @ 2,87, United @ 4,33, Chelsea @ 4,50, Spurs @ 10, Arsenal @ 12, Pool @ 13. Pretty much the same as a month ago, but I honestly see United as favorites with this signing. Matic is still a solid player and deserved to chose himself where to leave. Good money for Chelsea too.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Well,

I would say. WELCOMEEE MATICCCC!!!!!

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Matic 2016/17:
Goals: 1
Assists: 7
Pass completion: 88%
Key passes: 20 (0.67 per 90 mins)
Chances created: 27 (0.9 per 90 mins)
Tackles won: 37 (1.24 per 90 mins)
Take-ons completed: 31 (65.96% success)
Aerial duels won: 38 (60.32 success)
Interceptions: 55 (1.84 per 90 mins)

Bakayoko 2016/17:
Goals: 2
Assists: 1
Pass completion: 87%
Key passes: 14 (0.57 per 90 mins)
Chances created: 15 (0.61 per 90 mins)
Tackles won: 56 (2.27 per 90 mins)
Take-ons completed: 54 (67.5% success)
Aerial duels won: 57 (62.64% success)
Interceptions: 54 (2.19 per 90 mins)

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

When we need depth with experienced players , we are selling them left and right . Smh . I hope i am wrong but seems to be doing same mistakes i saw other managers do at Chelsea that didn't last past second season .

Chelsea is not afraid to sell to their rivals, it's also a statement of who is the biggest club at the moment, the new player Bakayoko is tough I think he will do good.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Juan

If you want to boo your ex-players, you should change your favourite club to you-know-who.

:(

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@Dynastian Its ok mate, we know the Real Madrid fan on the forum aren't like the rest. XD Nah but joking aside, I really think that whole reputation of Madrid fan booing their player is only because of a minority of visible fan. Like I alway say, its never all black or white in any group.

@JuanMata

I too feel like we've handed them the last piece of the puzzle for the title.

At the worst case scenario, Mou just gave you and Chelsea an excuse to say its thank to you if they win the league this season. XD

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Now Mourinho has every type of CM and CDM. He can set up team in any way he wants depending on the opposition . Keeping Fellaini is another smart move even though lad can make your twitch watching him play . I won't be surprised if Matic and Fellaini will be paired at least once and have Pogba in front of them as free role cm . 3 giants in midfield .. shit United is New Stoke City :))