Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Chelsea 'happy' to allow Nemanja Matić to join Manchester United
AlexBatak 7 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Chelsea 'happy' to allow Nemanja Matić to join Manchester United for the right price

enter image description here

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has reportedly given the go ahead for Nemanja Matić to leave for Manchester United. But the move would only take place should the Red Devils meet the club’s £50million asking price for the Serbian international.

It was recently reported that if Matić could be going to Italy to line up for the Italian champions Juventus. A move to either team would be a disappointing end for Matić’s second term as a Chelsea players, especially since he played a key role in two title wins over the past three seasons. The hope was that this summer’s transfer window would bolster the midfield not simply replace like-for-like with Bakayoko and Matić.

With Matić training alone since the beginning of pre-season, this move, just like the Diego Costa move appears to be more of a question of ‘when’ not ‘if’. For Chelsea, having secured adequate replacements in the forms of Tiemoué Bakayoko and Álvaro Morata, the priority now is to maximize the potential value received in return for Matić and Costa.

Comments
Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@Marcus2011 That's what I tried to say as well, Matic is in his best years so to sell him for cheap to a rival for the title wouldn't be exactly a check-mate move from Chelsea xD

ashwin1729 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

For that kind of money, I'd go for Casemiro...but I doub't Real will sell him.

Eden17Hazard17 7 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

The thing is, Abramovich likes to reward Chelsea players with the transfer they want when their time at the club comes to an end. We sell many players to rivals and I don't really like it but the board does it a lot and it's a kind of thank you gesture from the board. Cech to Arsenal, Mata to United, Lukaku to Everton, Ake to Bournemouth...

We could have easily forced them to move overseas.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11435

@Eden17 Abramovich is even more class than I thought then. :)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Abramovich is even more class than I thought then. :)

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Exactly they won't sell you Casemiro for 50 million ! How about 70-80 ?

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

We don't even really need a CDM. This is painful to read.

If our formation looks the way it did last year, we have a high midfield trio of Martial - Miki/Mata - Rashford/Lingard, and a low midfield two of Pogba and Herrera. We have Carrick and Fosu on the bench, so what we really need is a solid backup for Herrera and Pogba. After selling Schneiderlin and Bastian, we don't have that. Matic doesn't fix what's broken here, and neither does Casemiro. We need the depth, sure, but not for this amount of money.

Marcus2011 7 years ago

@sunflash

How many goals you have concieded last year ?
Yea mate , you need CDM .

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

How many goals you have concieded last year ?

Less than you. Defense was not the problem.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

We don't even really need a CDM. This is painful to read.

This is what you should have said from the start, because if you don't want this type of player obviously you wouldn't agree with his price.

Marcus2011 7 years ago

Yes but we scored 85 . Our attacking players had less defensive duties when we had Kante and Matic bossing midfield . My point is that if you have Matic it will give that sense security that your attacking players need to create and go forward in numbers . I am not football expert but I thought it was pretty obvious . Herrera is fine but seems like not enough and Pogba he likes moving forward rather than sitting back .

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

This is what you should have said from the start, because if you don't want this type of player obviously you wouldn't agree with his price.

His price is too much even if we did need him.

Yes but we scored 85 . Our attacking players had less defensive duties when we had Kante and Matic bossing midfield . My point is that if you have Matic it will give that sense security that your attacking players need to create and go forward in numbers . I am not football expert but I thought it was pretty obvious . Herrera is fine but seems like not enough and Pogba he likes moving forward rather than sitting back .

Attacking is the problem for United. Getting players forward to attack generally hasn't been. The quality of finishing that United has had these past two years has been dreadful. In terms of creating chances we were up there with everyone else. Pogba goes forward pretty much whenever he wants, and Herrera is fast enough to cover the backline, which plays generally pretty high up anyway, negating the need for a stay-at-home CDM. Now if Jose wants to play differently this season that something I don't know, but in terms of defense/transition to attack what we did last season was solid, it just lacked the scoring ability in the final third.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

His price is too much even if we did need him.

If you did need him, the price is justified. Otherwise Chelsea can sell him for 30 mil pounds to anyone but your team.

Marcus2011 7 years ago

Maybe you are right and I am not trying to sell you Matic . I would love for him to stay at Chelsea . I just think after getting Lukaku ( will solve your finishing problems ) , it would have been wise getting rid of Felliani whom you never quiet liked and buying Matic who if helps you to win the league will bring you return in just one season ! However , selling price 50 million for world class CDM is something that I am ok with and if United was in our shoes they would have set him similar price tag .

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

If Lukaku solves the finishing problems United is set. Provided no major injury to De Gea/Bailly/Herrera/Pogba/Lukaku we should be good to go. I wouldn't mind Matic and he'd be a big upgrade on Fellaini - but I can't rationalize it. It makes sense for Chelsea cause Matic is never worth that much and I can't blame you for trying to get a good deal, but you can understand how it looks from where I'm sitting.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

After the friendly against Real Madrid, I actually think Manchester United really does need someone like Matic.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@Golazo They need Lindelof to play like a good defender, not like a wrestler more like. :P

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I would love to see that to happen.

The market and especially EPL's prices are retarded anyway.

We need someone to work and share Carrick's job, Matic is a CL proven player and to be honest, we aren't that good as we think we are. The mid looks stupid at time. :(

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@tuan_jinn Pogba and Herrera aren't the problem so I guess since both are quite potent in a more offensive role, the upgrade would have to be in defense. Anyway, am I the only one thinking Mou have been pretty constant since he arrived at United, he alway target a defender, a attacker, a midfielder and a winger (or play-maker depending on how you feel about Mkhitaryan).

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@Emo Yea but you saw how kids from Real youth ran over the midfield in second half, take out Herrera and there are many holes...though Rojo and maybe someone else is still injured so the defence will have the boost they need.
So I think Mourinho would prefer 1 more defensive midfielder since Felaini acts as if he's the number 10 offensive midfielder, it doesn't need to be Matic though.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11435

@Golazo Make sense. I think I agree with you on that one, other than Dier though, I don't see another target in the PL for that post though. :(

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Golazo Make sense. I think I agree with you on that one.

@Golazo Make sense. I think I agree with you on that one, other than Dier though, I don't another target in the PL for that post though. :(