Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Chelsea 'happy' to allow Nemanja Matić to join Manchester United
AlexBatak 7 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Chelsea 'happy' to allow Nemanja Matić to join Manchester United for the right price

enter image description here

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has reportedly given the go ahead for Nemanja Matić to leave for Manchester United. But the move would only take place should the Red Devils meet the club’s £50million asking price for the Serbian international.

It was recently reported that if Matić could be going to Italy to line up for the Italian champions Juventus. A move to either team would be a disappointing end for Matić’s second term as a Chelsea players, especially since he played a key role in two title wins over the past three seasons. The hope was that this summer’s transfer window would bolster the midfield not simply replace like-for-like with Bakayoko and Matić.

With Matić training alone since the beginning of pre-season, this move, just like the Diego Costa move appears to be more of a question of ‘when’ not ‘if’. For Chelsea, having secured adequate replacements in the forms of Tiemoué Bakayoko and Álvaro Morata, the priority now is to maximize the potential value received in return for Matić and Costa.

Comments
Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Golazo even bigger club's statement would have been " No we aren't selling " . When we sold Matá I didn't care because Mousey was a joke and Mata wasn't exactly what United needed . Now we give them exactly type of player they need and under Mourinhos management who knows exactly how to get best out of Matic . I like the money even though it is 10 mil short but not the fact that he will be deployed against us .

nigelpayne 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 15 484

Thank you Chelsea for passing on the League cup for 40 mil :D

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Guys, dont get too excited. We dont know who has the last laugh yet.

Lets just enjoy the transfer and acknowlede that we strengthen our squad.

JuanMata10 7 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

@Dynastian: haha sorry, but actually I didn't even mean Real Madrid. Hint: it's another London-based team who just won a big pre-season trophy due to some very dodgy rules.

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

JuanMata10

You know, the situation between Matic and ex Arsenal players is different....

AlexBatak 7 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Money isn't everything. Winning Mentality is. Last season many top clubs in the EPL bought and overpaid for their players. Where did that take them? Nowhere. There is something about Chelsea FC that we demand results we strive to win points and titles. When Leicester won the league they had that Mentality and it brought them the title even tho they haven't spent as much as the others. What's the point in buying a player who is over 50 million and doesn't play for the team or bring them results? Some top overpaid players only care about their wages and getting their money, others fight for titles. If you can't inject your players with the winning mentality you will never finish where you want to be. If you inject your players with being satisfied by finishing top 4 this is what they will do. I like what Conte brought to the club, we had so many managers before, but Conte seem different, you would feel that he is the one playing the match from the first second till the end, his passion is much appreciated by Chelsea fans. I can't wait till the season start it's going to be an exciting season! COYB! KTBFFH

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11435

@JuanMata Oh, so you mean Arsen... I mean, that team. XD But yeah, like Amir said, Matic didn't leave for a local rival at least. :P

@AlexBatak But... you say some team overpaid for their player and it lead them nowhere, but right now, Chelsea is kinda doing that, they overpaid both Morata and Bakayoko. And if you consider Rudiger will propably be a back up player at first or a rotation one at best, its fair to say he was overpaid as well. :(

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@JuanMata Oh, so you mean Arse... I mean, that team. XD But yeah, like Amir said, Matic didn't leave for a direct rival at least. :P

@AlexBatak But... you say some team overpaid for their player and it lead them nowhere, but right now, Chelsea is kinda doing that, they overpaid both Morata and Bakayoko. And if you consider Rudiger will propably be a back up player at first or a rotation one at best, its fair to say he was overpaid as well. :(

@JuanMata Oh, so you mean Arsen... I mean, that team. XD But yeah, like Amir said, Matic didn't leave for a direct rival at least. :P

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

. If you can't inject your players with the winning mentality you will never finish where you want to be. If you inject your players with being satisfied by finishing top 4 this is what they will do.

Are you saying teams are happy finishing top 4 and have a loser mentality?
Not every club has a rich russian criminal that can afford to buy and sell anything he wants for the club.

AlexBatak 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

@Emobot7 Was talking about the winning mentality, players are still players like the others. If someone is worth 100 m doesn't mean he can do better than someone good with a winning mentality that cost 10 m. The season didn't start yet to judge these players and I'm pretty sure if they don't feel like fighting for something they will see the bench. I was talking about the clubs and their players in general. Many have criticized (being jealous) Chelsea for buying players but when they did they couldn't do anything whereas other clubs who didn't spend much won the title against most top clubs that actually paid a lot for their players. I've only seen Spurs having the winning mentality last season apart from Chelsea. This season will/might be different. We will just wait and see.

Winning mentality -> Money

Money can't buy you titles if the players don't feel like winning titles but just to do ok each match and get their weekly wage in the pocket.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Emobot7 Was talking about the winning mentality, players are still players like the others. If someone is worse 100 m doesn't mean he can do better than someone good with a winning mentality that cost 10 m. The season didn't start yet to judge these players and I'm pretty sure if they don't feel like fighting for something they will see the bench. I was talking about the clubs and their players in general. Many have criticized (being jealous) Chelsea for buying players but when they did they couldn't do anything whereas other clubs who didn't spend much won the title again most top clubs that actually paid a lot for their players. I've only seen Spurs having the winning mentality last season apart from Chelsea. This season will/might be different. We will just wait and see.

@Emobot7 Was talking about the winning mentality, players are still players like the others. If someone is worth 100 m doesn't mean he can do better than someone good with a winning mentality that cost 10 m. The season didn't start yet to judge these players and I'm pretty sure if they don't feel like fighting for something they will see the bench. I was talking about the clubs and their players in general. Many have criticized (being jealous) Chelsea for buying players but when they did they couldn't do anything whereas other clubs who didn't spend much won the title again most top clubs that actually paid a lot for their players. I've only seen Spurs having the winning mentality last season apart from Chelsea. This season will/might be different. We will just wait and see.

@Emobot7 Was talking about the winning mentality, players are still players like the others. If someone is worth 100 m doesn't mean he can do better than someone good with a winning mentality that cost 10 m. The season didn't start yet to judge these players and I'm pretty sure if they don't feel like fighting for something they will see the bench. I was talking about the clubs and their players in general. Many have criticized (being jealous) Chelsea for buying players but when they did they couldn't do anything whereas other clubs who didn't spend much won the title again most top clubs that actually paid a lot for their players. I've only seen Spurs having the winning mentality last season apart from Chelsea. This season will/might be different. We will just wait and see.

Money can't buy you titles if the players don't feel like winning titles but just to do ok each match and get their weekly wage in the pocket.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@AlexBatak

If you can't inject your players with the winning mentality you will never finish where you want to be. If you inject your players with being satisfied by finishing top 4 this is what they will do.

So what team are you targeting when you say that?

AlexBatak 7 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

@Golazo No one specific I was talking in general

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

So true. +1 :D