Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Atletico Madrid vs. Chelsea - Match Thread
Vendetta 10 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

Since there is no Talk Room for now, I decided to make a match thread on here.

Line-ups

Atletico Madrid: Thibaut Courtois | Filipe Luís, Diego Godín, Joao Miranda, Juanfran | Gabi, Mario Suárez | Koke, Diego, Raúl García | Diego Costa

*Substitutes from:* Dani Aranzubia, Toby Alderweireld, Tiago, Arda Turan, Cristian Rodriguez, Jose Sosa, David Villa

Chelsea: Petr Cech | Ashley Cole, John Terry, Gary Cahill, Cesar Azpilicueta | David Luiz, Mikel, Frank Lampard | Ramires, Torres, Willian

Substitutes from: **Mark Schwarzer, Nathan Aké, Tomas Kalas, Oscar, Marco van Ginkel, Andre Schurrle, Demba Ba

Comments
Dynastian98 10 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Lodatz

I guess we'll see the answers to our questions over this coming week. Stamford Bridge is the venue, and for Christ's sake, I hope Chelsea go through. I'd hate to have a Madrid derby in the Champions League final. A local match in the Champions League final would be quite boring for neutral fans.

EDIT:: Assuming my cocky expectation of Madrid beating Bayern comes true.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Lodatz

I guess we'll see the answers to our questions over this coming week. Stamford Bridge is the venue, and for Christ's sake, I hope Chelsea go through. I'd hate to have a Madrid derby in the Champions League final. A local match in the Champions League final would be quite boring for neutral fans.

@Lodatz

EDIT:: Assuming my cocky expectation of Madrid beating Bayern once again comes true.

Lodatz 10 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

I dunno about that. For instance, I dream fondly of a North London derby as the CL Final, and think it would be one of the best spectacles a neutral could hope to see... ;)

But sure. I guess we'll find out.

Vendetta 10 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

Ummmm, guys...

shpalman 10 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

quote Dynastian: "The reason I'm arguing this is because Chelsea have the ability to push Atleti back. Why just play defensive and not bother attacking"

by doing that, they would do exactly what El Cholo wants. Mou knows that. he'll park again at Stamford, imo.

(FR really needs quote functionality, or at least formatting code? anyone?)

Eden17Hazard17 10 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

We'll play like we did against P$G. With confidence.

Dynastian98 10 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

Looking back, we can see how much Mourinho has changed and tailored his tactics to match the level of quality within his own squad to the level of quality of the opposition. His choice to kill off the game at 1-0 against United in Old Trafford was a wise decision. Disappointingly, a soft free-kick decision wasted the 3 points for him. It will be interesting to see how he deals with the EPL and the Champions League this season. Obviously I want Madrid to win the CL, but cheering for Chelsea on their road to the EPL. They have a very good chance this season.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Looking back, we can see how much Mourinho has changed and tailored his tactics to match the level of quality within his own squad to the level of quality of the opposition.