Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Atletico Madrid vs. Chelsea - Match Thread
Vendetta 10 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

Since there is no Talk Room for now, I decided to make a match thread on here.

Line-ups

Atletico Madrid: Thibaut Courtois | Filipe Luís, Diego Godín, Joao Miranda, Juanfran | Gabi, Mario Suárez | Koke, Diego, Raúl García | Diego Costa

*Substitutes from:* Dani Aranzubia, Toby Alderweireld, Tiago, Arda Turan, Cristian Rodriguez, Jose Sosa, David Villa

Chelsea: Petr Cech | Ashley Cole, John Terry, Gary Cahill, Cesar Azpilicueta | David Luiz, Mikel, Frank Lampard | Ramires, Torres, Willian

Substitutes from: **Mark Schwarzer, Nathan Aké, Tomas Kalas, Oscar, Marco van Ginkel, Andre Schurrle, Demba Ba

Comments
Dynastian98 10 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Marcus

Okay Marcus. You're just blatantly ignoring my point. If you lose in a debate, at least admit it.

shpalman 10 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

on a notable Italian sport news website:

Marcus2011 10 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Why Is Chelsea always reaching final stages of Champions League ? Luiz got an answer

fabryi 10 years ago
Arsenal 37 727

"It's very difficult to play a football match where only one team wants to play"
"This is not the best league in the world, this is football from the 19th Century. The only thing I could bring was a Black and Decker (tool) to destroy the wall." (Mourinho)

Wolfie 10 years ago
Inter, Germany 94 1844

Chelsea Bus stats.

Marcus2011 10 years ago Edited

@dyna

I honestly think Atletico played in Barcelona match the same way. Considering that Barcelona has such a weak defense , It was not a surprise that Atletico had chances because it was not hard to break them and shoot on target .

Atletico has a very good defense and with attacking players at our disposal , it was hard to break them . If we were able to field more of our attacking players , we would have created more chances and more shots on target then you would say that it was counter attacking . However, we could not because some were injured and some were kept fresh for Liverpool . During the game we had our captain injured , our goalkeeper injured and our sub goalie was 41 years old ex Fulham goalie who has never played in Champions League ( if i am not mistaken ) .

Edit : I would have rather played against Barcelona . Atletico takes long range shots and defends very well . and they have big players so they can also cross into box like today . Costa had like 10 headers i think but all missed .

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@dyna

I honestly think Atletico played in Barcelona match the same way. Considering that Barcelona has such a weak defense , It was not a surprise that Atletico had chances because it was not hard to break them and shoot on target .

Atletico has a very good defense and with attacking players at our disposal , it was hard to break them . If we were able to field more of our attacking players , we would have created more chances and more shots on target then you would say that it was counter attacking . However, we could not because some were injured and some were kept fresh for Liverpool . During the game we had our captain injured , our goalkeeper injured and our sub goalie was 41 years old ex Fulham goalie who has never played in Champions League ( if i am not mistaken ) .

@dyna

Edit : I would have rather played against Barcelona . Atletico takes long range shots and defends very well .

Dynastian98 10 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Marcus

I think you're underestimating Barcelona. They ripped City apart 4-1, and the scoreline would've been 6-1 if they hadn't been wrongly called offside on two goals (clear onside). I think that they would've given Chelsea a run for their money. As much as Atletico have been doing.

Don't forget that Atletico have faced Barca 5 times this season, and the two teams ended winless for 4 of those matches. Barca can very capably hold their own against Real and Atletico, even with their porous defense.

And Mourinho complains about teams parking the bus and playing "old style" football, yet he parks the bus against Atletico. The man has no consistency and continues to make himself look like a hypocrite.

• History

@Marcus

I think you're underestimating Barcelona. They ripped City apart 4-1, and the scoreline would've been 6-1 if they hadn't been wrongly called offside on two goals (clear onside). I think that they would've given Chelsea a run for their money. As much as Atletico have been doing.

Don't forget that Atletico have faced Barca 5 times this season, and the two teams ended winless for 4 of those matches. Barca can very capably hold their own against Real and Atletico, even with their porous defense.

heavenduel 10 years ago
South Korea 18 158

@Marcus2011

"I honestly think Atletico played in Barcelona match the same way....."

Atletico and Chelsea DID NOT play the same way. Chelsea chose to park the bus rather than counter attacking. That's the difference. You even admitted yourself.... (read your quote below)

"If we were able to field more of our attacking players , we would have
created more chances and more shots on target then you would say that it
was counter attacking"

Honestly, I better not see any excuses from chelsea fans if they get knocked out after the 2nd leg semi-final from a controversial decision. Chelsea pretty much wasted the 1st leg doing nothing but defending, and an away goal would be crucial for athletico because this means you guys have to score 2 goals (if they score first that is)....

Idk why but I have a feeling a controversial goal/penalty/red would make Atletico through.... I really hope this doesn't happen and if it does, I expect no excuses after the performance on the 1st leg.

Keisuke 10 years ago
Chelsea, Japan 0 830

"Chelsea did nothing..." Football is not only attacking, every club cannot defend like this, all those perfects defensively heading were incredible... Not concede a goal with all those cross and corners, you need to accept that even Bayern or Real can't defend like that!

bluezz 10 years ago
Chelsea 14 724

All the hate keep it coming hahahhaa.

Marcus2011 10 years ago

@heavenduel

I think you need read that more carefully . Sorry if I did not make sense . What meant was Dyna would have called counter attacking .

To me there are three counter attacking styles: 1. Aggresive . 2. Passive . 3. Defensive .

@dyna You do remember that Barcelona played against 10 men City in both matches and in first leg without their ace player , Aguero . No excuses here but Aguero is mini Messi of EPL . Barcelona pulled victory in last minutes , it would have ended as a draw if City stayed with 11 men .

Mmh 100% confident Barca of 2012 under Guardiola was way better than Barca of 2014 under Martino . After that Chelsea match they never been the same . So , not really impressed with Barca this year . Team that used to score on average 4 goals past Atletico's defense ....

Dynastian98 10 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Marcus

Seriously? You're comparing Barca of 2012 and the current Barca by looking at how many goals they score on Atletico? Did it ever occur to you that Atletico might have improved over the seasons? What a childish argument.

Iraqi_Madridista 10 years ago
Real Madrid 33 1388

Everyone who said it was a boring game should consult a doctor. It was amazing! Atletico was attacking over and over again. Everytime Atletico's attack was in the box it was a deadly moment. Lol , when Chelsea has the ball they just give a long pass to flopTorres then he tries to do skills and stuff like Messi or CR7 , and then he dives , and he did a couple of times but the ref ignores him xD Chelsea should change something. Mourinho with his big head should do something because a mastermind like him cannot just sit and watch his team get destroyed. Atletico will defeat them in London if Chelsea plays the same way they did just like in Madrid.

tiki_taka 10 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

@Dynast Do you remember what i told you ? They have selective memories, we cant do nothing about it.

iamRDM 10 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 32 202

fabryi is 1 angry gooner :) not sure if chelsea can beat atletico at stamford bridge, but hopefully yes

Marcus2011 10 years ago

@dynastina98

Mmh Same kind of childish argument you made about Chelsea and Galatasaray little while ago ? LOL you have a short memory what you say sometimes

Atletico has improved . Not denying it . Simeone made this team play more defensive with intensity and aggression in counter attacks . However, Barca.... it is a different topic ..

Iraqi_Madridista 10 years ago
Real Madrid 33 1388

Lol its funny to see jealous and angry Chelsea fans here just like Marcus. They remind me of slutty girls on my highschool xD

Boixosnois1981 10 years ago
Barcelona 49 508

This result may benefit Atleti in the long run, cause Chelsea can't sit back and do the same thing again because it will just go to E.T and the match will drag on, Chelsea will probably try to win the match in the second leg and be a bit more open, giving Atleti just the space they need to snatch a goal, we saw how close they got with the tight defensive wall chelsea put on today, if it is eased at the bridge, atleti just may do it.

tiki_taka 10 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Chelsea will have their mirrors playing against them in Stamford Bridge, What Chelsea did tonight, Atletico can do it maybe better with solid defense and fast counter attacks...
Atletico seemed experimented enough to not concede a goal from a throw in like PSG did in first half at the bridge, its a Football game but i see Atletico qualify. ( Diego Costa punishing Chelsea with an Iniesta goal at 94th minute :) )

• History

Chelsea will have their mirrors playing against them in Stamford Bridge, What Chelsea did tonight, Atletico can do it maybe better with solid defense and fast counter attacks...
Atletico seemed experimented enough to not concede a goal from a throw in like PSG did in first half at the bridge, its a Football game but i see Atletico qualify.

Atletico seemed experimented enough to not concede a goal from a throw in like PSG did in first half at the bridge, its a Football game but i see Atletico qualify. ( Diego Costa doing an Iniesta at 94th minute )

WayneRooney 10 years ago
Manchester United, Argentina 52 488

Mou is the biggest hypocrite